The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM
acousticguitar7
Beginning Trainer

Which stats should I EV train for my Togepi?

I have a lv. 1 Togepi that knows Nasty Plot, and I want to use it to absorb hits, use nasty plot, and then baton pass the sp. atk stat boost to my Alakazam. What stats should I EV train togepi to make it survive the longest in battle? HP? or a combination of def and sp. def? or maybe all 3 a little? Any help or advice is appreciated! thanks!
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:53 PM
jericolloyd
Beginning Trainer

Guys i hope you can help me.i accidentaly catch a missingno pokemon and now i can't get rid it in my party pokemon,i can't even move it to my pc.now my party slot became 5 only due to this stupid pokemon.hope you can help me to delete it.by the way i'm playing my platinum using acekard of 3ds
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericolloyd View Post
Guys i hope you can help me.i accidentaly catch a missingno pokemon and now i can't get rid it in my party pokemon,i can't even move it to my pc.now my party slot became 5 only due to this stupid pokemon.hope you can help me to delete it.by the way i'm playing my platinum using acekard of 3ds
Well, before doing anything drastic (I.e deleting your save) I'd try turning off all the cheats you have on. (It's happened to me, this method worked) and then just seeing does that work. If it doesn't, you may have to delete your save file. But you should wait to see if someone else has an opinion. :) Hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticguitar7 View Post
Which stats should I EV train for my Togepi?

I have a lv. 1 Togepi that knows Nasty Plot, and I want to use it to absorb hits, use nasty plot, and then baton pass the sp. atk stat boost to my Alakazam. What stats should I EV train togepi to make it survive the longest in battle? HP? or a combination of def and sp. def? or maybe all 3 a little? Any help or advice is appreciated! thanks!
Well to make a Pokemon have better chance at surviving hits from everything I'd go for Hp. Since you want a bulky Baton Pass set I'd try this;

Togekiss @Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature (SpD+; -Atk)
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
- Wish/Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass

(SpD = Special Defense, btw (: )

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Last edited by Naya Rivera; December 30th, 2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Answering the other question too.
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:35 AM
jericolloyd
Beginning Trainer

I already try it but it d0esn't work.anyway thanks for the help.i hope other member of this forum help me
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
SquirtleGirl
Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..

Nature: Brave
Hello, I couldn't find a help thread in the Challenges board so this is my next best bet ^.-

I'm currently doing a Single Monotype challenge on Pokémon Diamond for the Water type. So far I have Prinplup, Magikarp [training up is so fun] and a Shellos. But I can't really think of 3 other members :/ I was thinking of Quagsire but I'll already have a Gastrodon, and I want the dual-types to be as diverse as possible.

Any suggestions? :D Thank you!

In progress
:
Water Monotype Challenge: Pokémon Diamond

"Only three things are infinite, the universe, human stupidity...and the number of Zubats in Dark Cave"

Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtleGirl View Post
Hello, I couldn't find a help thread in the Challenges board so this is my next best bet ^.-

I'm currently doing a Single Monotype challenge on Pokémon Diamond for the Water type. So far I have Prinplup, Magikarp [training up is so fun] and a Shellos. But I can't really think of 3 other members :/ I was thinking of Quagsire but I'll already have a Gastrodon, and I want the dual-types to be as diverse as possible.

Any suggestions? :D Thank you!
You could trade over a Lotad or something? ): Water/Grass type should help you out pretty well. Or, if trading isn't something you want to do you could try Barboach? It and Whiscash are Water/Ground type. Then there's Tentacool and Tentacruel, Water/Poison. This link ->click me<- can help you. It's a list of all Water Pokemon available up to Diamond/Pearl.

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:08 AM
SquirtleGirl
Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

You could trade over a Lotad or something? ): Water/Grass type should help you out pretty well. Or, if trading isn't something you want to do you could try Barboach? It and Whiscash are Water/Ground type. Then there's Tentacool and Tentacruel, Water/Poison. This link ->click me<- can help you. It's a list of all Water Pokemon available up to Diamond/Pearl.
Thank you very much, that list is very useful! :D I can't trade at the moment, unfortunately :/ As soon as I get to the Great Marsh I should be okay!

Potentials:
Golduck
Vaporeon
Azumarill
Lumineon

In progress
:
Water Monotype Challenge: Pokémon Diamond

"Only three things are infinite, the universe, human stupidity...and the number of Zubats in Dark Cave"

Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
OrdealByFire
Beginning Trainer

How are you supposed to beat the damn Kimono girls? They're impossible. How do they even have level 38's? I've fought every trainer in the game and am averaging about level 25 on the Pokemon I mainly use. So what the hell. I beat Claire out of pure chance, btw.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdealByFire View Post
How are you supposed to beat the damn Kimono girls? They're impossible. How do they even have level 38's? I've fought every trainer in the game and am averaging about level 25 on the Pokemon I mainly use. So what the hell. I beat Claire out of pure chance, btw.
I'm not sure how you're only averaging 25 at that stage in the game unless you have a couple of Pokemon at a very low level in your party and you're including those in the average. ._.

Maybe you skipped some trainers - note that there's the ocean route after Olivine that may hav a couple more trainers, and there's some other ones that you may not have encountered in Union Cave (try exploring it again with the use of Surf) and surfing south of Goldenrod too. And don't forget the trainers on the route south of Blackthorn (it takes a few visits to get to them all). You can also rematch trainers via the phone if you don't want to grind on wild Pokemon south of Blackthorn - more on when to call who from this link.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I'm not sure how you're only averaging 25 at that stage in the game unless you have a couple of Pokemon at a very low level in your party and you're including those in the average. ._.

Maybe you skipped some trainers - note that there's the ocean route after Olivine that may hav a couple more trainers, and there's some other ones that you may not have encountered in Union Cave (try exploring it again with the use of Surf) and surfing south of Goldenrod too. And don't forget the trainers on the route south of Blackthorn (it takes a few visits to get to them all). You can also rematch trainers via the phone if you don't want to grind on wild Pokemon south of Blackthorn - more on when to call who from this link.
Adding to this, don't forget all the trainers that are on the other side of the Cianwood gate, towards the Safari Zone. :) Can you surf south of Goldenrod? :o

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Can you surf south of Goldenrod? :o
Yes. More specifically, on route 34 starting around the same point as the Day Care centre on the water to the west of the route. Heading down leads you to (besides some hidden items along the way) three trainers with water types, two combining for a double battle. They were there in GSC too and give you a Soft Sand for your troubles.

As you may tell I remember too much about the games. =p

Old January 5th, 2012, 12:00 AM
OrdealByFire
Beginning Trainer

Jeez. There sure is some strict moderation around these parts, no?

Anyway... I managed it. What I did was went and caught Entei and Raikou. They obliterated them, got me my eighth badge, helped me catch Lugia, and the three of them blew through the Elite Four without much trouble at all.

It sort of sucks because I didn't want to just use legendaries through the game, but I've had no option.
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
Jeez. There sure is some strict moderation around these parts, no?
Well, the first post does state that this thread is only for questions and answers, not for telling us how you used legendaries because grinding was too hard for you. If you want to speak about things you've done in the games, please use the Travel Journal thread sticky, but not here as it's off-topic. Rules are rules after all.

Old January 8th, 2012, 12:02 AM
lunasicc
Beginning Trainer

everytime i try to play the game the screen stays black and i have to turn my ds off to get back out... is there somethin wrong with my game card or am i not waiting long enough?
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:16 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Going to move to the help thread.

Firstly, are you using a legit game? It could be an issue from using a rom (particularly if it is not patched because of anti-piracy coding). And if it is a legit game, then check there's no dust/etc in the cartridge/ds. Does any music play, what is the exact point of it blacking out? It isn't a long transition at all in normal circumstances either, should just start basically right away.

Old January 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

Ok, guys, here's my question. I've recently been doing an Ultimate Solo Challenge with a Weedle, and I'm now about to fight Red in SoulSilver. The thing is, when I tried to fight him a little while ago, Diamond dust was in effect. I just assumed that the hail on top of Mt.Silver was non-damaging, and didn't really think about it. Just today I used berries to re-EV train my Weedle so he could take hits better, and I have it at the point where some of my calculations are very close to Weedle dying, and some hits will leave me with less than 10 health. This would let regular hail kill me, so now to beat Red I need Diamond Dust to be in effect again. I looked it up and found out changing the date on your DS doesn't work, but I already tried that. I know that in Platinum, January 12 is a date for DD, but I don't know if it is in SoulSilver.

tl;dr: Two questions:

What are the dates that Diamond Dust occurs in SoulSilver?

If I changed my DS date today, but then changed it back to the correct date right after, will that ruin my chances of having DD appear the next time a DD date rolls around?
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirbyFan View Post
Ok, guys, here's my question. I've recently been doing an Ultimate Solo Challenge with a Weedle, and I'm now about to fight Red in SoulSilver. The thing is, when I tried to fight him a little while ago, Diamond dust was in effect. I just assumed that the hail on top of Mt.Silver was non-damaging, and didn't really think about it. Just today I used berries to re-EV train my Weedle so he could take hits better, and I have it at the point where some of my calculations are very close to Weedle dying, and some hits will leave me with less than 10 health. This would let regular hail kill me, so now to beat Red I need Diamond Dust to be in effect again. I looked it up and found out changing the date on your DS doesn't work, but I already tried that. I know that in Platinum, January 12 is a date for DD, but I don't know if it is in SoulSilver.

tl;dr: Two questions:

What are the dates that Diamond Dust occurs in SoulSilver?

If I changed my DS date today, but then changed it back to the correct date right after, will that ruin my chances of having DD appear the next time a DD date rolls around?
Diamond Dust happens on Junichi Masuda's birthday (Jan. 12).

No it wouldn't, I believe.

Old January 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Ritzz
Bazinga

Nature: Mild
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I just want to clarify. Do you need the Nat. Dex to send Sinnoh or Hoenn pokemon to HG/SS? I know for D/P/Pt you don't.
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

No, you do not need the National Dex to send those Pokemon to HGSS.

Old January 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
OrdealByFire
Beginning Trainer

Am I supposed to be able to get two Aerodactyl's in SoulSilver? I got two Old Ambers and one Dome Fossil by smashing rocks at the Ruins. I'm just wondering because I thought it was odd...
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ritzz
Bazinga

Nature: Mild
Thanks bobandbill.

And yes you can get two Aerodactyl. Fossils aren't key items anymore so you can have multiple.
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

*sigh* Well I need help with this again. Higher up on this page I asked two questions about Diamond Dust (the weather condition) and I was told that January 12 was a date (in SoulSilver) and that if I changed my DS's clock to a weird time but then back again, I would still be eligible for DD when the date came around. Before asking this question, I had changed my DS date to October 7. I had heard from other sites that October 10 was a date, and I had to change my DS to 48 hours beforehand and then wait or else it wouldn't work. I did just that, and it didn't work. So today, January 12, I put my game into my moms DSi XL (which has the correct date) and tried it, and there still wasn't any Diamond Dust.

Does anyone know why this isn't working? It's really getting annoying. If it matters, here's some facts that might influence it:
-The DS I tried first (the october 10th one) was a 3DS.
-The DS I tried second was a DSi XL.
-Up until today, I had only played my SoulSilver in my 3DS.
-I've never gone online with SoulSilver.
Old January 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirbyFan View Post
*sigh* Well I need help with this again. Higher up on this page I asked two questions about Diamond Dust (the weather condition) and I was told that January 12 was a date (in SoulSilver) and that if I changed my DS's clock to a weird time but then back again, I would still be eligible for DD when the date came around. Before asking this question, I had changed my DS date to October 7. I had heard from other sites that October 10 was a date, and I had to change my DS to 48 hours beforehand and then wait or else it wouldn't work. I did just that, and it didn't work. So today, January 12, I put my game into my moms DSi XL (which has the correct date) and tried it, and there still wasn't any Diamond Dust.

Does anyone know why this isn't working? It's really getting annoying. If it matters, here's some facts that might influence it:
-The DS I tried first (the october 10th one) was a 3DS.
-The DS I tried second was a DSi XL.
-Up until today, I had only played my SoulSilver in my 3DS.
-I've never gone online with SoulSilver.
Hmm... Sometimes games do take a while (up to a few days from accounts that I've heard but in my experience only one day) to adjust to date changes. At any rate, what sort of DS you use shouldn't matter, but changing DS probably also affects it (the game is also sensitive to time changes). Whether you have been online or not should also not matter.

BTW, maybe a way to 'trick' the system is to change the date and time to just before Jan 12th (e.g. 11:50pm Jan 11th). Then the DS time will tick over to a day while playing the game ad arguably it'll be happy with that and resort to normal. I recall people using this trick for something in DP after all (possibly changing Pokemon for a location or something), so it may still work for HGSS.

Old January 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Hmm... Sometimes games do take a while (up to a few days from accounts that I've heard but in my experience only one day) to adjust to date changes. At any rate, what sort of DS you use shouldn't matter, but changing DS probably also affects it (the game is also sensitive to time changes). Whether you have been online or not should also not matter.

BTW, maybe a way to 'trick' the system is to change the date and time to just before Jan 12th (e.g. 11:50pm Jan 11th). Then the DS time will tick over to a day while playing the game ad arguably it'll be happy with that and resort to normal. I recall people using this trick for something in DP after all (possibly changing Pokemon for a location or something), so it may still work for HGSS.
Well I already tried setting it to 3 days beforehand, and waiting it out, although that was with the October 10 date. I guess I'll try your suggestion with January 12 and see how it goes, thanks.

EDIT: Didn't work.

Last edited by SuperKirbyFan; January 12th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Hmm. I searched around and a date said for HGSS is October the 10th according to this, and this video, so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links