Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2012 (07:16 AM).
nathanAcs
Beginning Trainer

hi. I have one EEVVEE. It took me at least two hours to find two more in the garden. What i decided to do was breed an EEVVE with a Ditto. the day care man says they dont like each othere very much. MY QUESTION ISWILL THEY STILL MAKE AN EGG.
Old August 9th, 2012 (08:56 AM).
zombie101
Woah

Nature: Relaxed
[SIZE="a"]Well its a ditto and pokemon it shpuld
It happened to me before[/SIZE]
Old August 9th, 2012 (09:08 AM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
They will make an egg, but it will take longer than it normally would. If he says "they prefer to play with other Pokemon" then there's absolutely no chance.
paired to diddy

Old August 9th, 2012 (05:26 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
To add to what Sydian said, it's better for both breeding parents to have different Trainer IDs because these increase the odds of you finding an egg. The same odds also apply to when both parents are the same species. In that case, the Day Care Man would say "The two seem to get along."

Old August 12th, 2012 (07:45 AM).
Mr.Saturn
Beginning Trainer

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the middle of trying to find the last shiny leaf, but my Espeon is being kinda bipolar... it was hugging me and cuddling, and it just suddenly stopped, and switches between "feeling refreshed" and "focusing with a sharp gaze" how do i get her to chill out? I've tried waiting, healing, giving her items, going to the haircut thing. she's still just glaring...

its also taking ridiculously long to find the last leaf. the others took like, 2 minutes. this one has taken almost 20 minutes(not including the time it took trying to get Espeon to chill out)

any help is appreciated and... well.. helpful.
Old August 12th, 2012 (10:52 AM).
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Nature: Modest
i jus recently found my Poké-Walker. it has a Blissey in it thats very near and dear to me. it was working fine 2 days ago but when i tried to turn it on today its blank. it wont turn on or anything. not sure what happend maybe the battery died ?

so im just wondering what happens to the Pokémon thats inside the Poké-Walker when the battery dies ?

if you replace the battery will the Pokémon be gone ?

or is there some sort of memory thingy inside as a "safe-guard" for this sort of thing
Old August 12th, 2012 (11:09 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by LuVrDiSC:
i jus recently found my Poké-Walker. it has a Blissey in it thats very near and dear to me. it was working fine 2 days ago but when i tried to turn it on today its blank. it wont turn on or anything. not sure what happend maybe the battery died ?

so im just wondering what happens to the Pokémon thats inside the Poké-Walker when the battery dies ?

or is there some sort of memory thingy inside as a "safe-guard" for this sort of thing
The Pokémon will still be on there, you just need to change the battery. You might have lost the watts you had on there though at the time.
Old August 14th, 2012 (09:17 AM).
TRiGa
Eeveelutions Rule

Nature: Calm
What is the best Hidden Power type for Unown in HeartGold? This is a solo run with Unown and I need help picking the best type for Hidden Power.
Old August 14th, 2012 (10:22 AM).
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Mr.Saturn:
Hi everyone, I'm currently in the middle of trying to find the last shiny leaf, but my Espeon is being kinda bipolar... it was hugging me and cuddling, and it just suddenly stopped, and switches between "feeling refreshed" and "focusing with a sharp gaze" how do i get her to chill out? I've tried waiting, healing, giving her items, going to the haircut thing. she's still just glaring...

its also taking ridiculously long to find the last leaf. the others took like, 2 minutes. this one has taken almost 20 minutes(not including the time it took trying to get Espeon to chill out)

its random, you just have to keep clicking while in the specific patch of grass and hope for the best. if you get bored maybe try another patch that works. I myself liked a change of scenery. And if it 'glares' u either made it unhappy or did something to annoy it i did that once. it goes away after a little.
Old August 14th, 2012 (11:43 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by TRiGa:
What is the best Hidden Power type for Unown in HeartGold? This is a solo run with Unown and I need help picking the best type for Hidden Power.
Seeing that it is a solo, I wouldn't choose Psychic or any other type that another type is immune to. Dragon is probably the best as even though is only super effective on Dragon, is only resisted by Steel, of which there isn't much.
Old August 14th, 2012 (12:49 PM).
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Mr.Saturn:

You should know that it depends on your Pokemon's nature so that you'll be able to find them in certain routes. If you haven't found it yet, tell us what's your Espeon's nature.

Quote originally posted by LuVrDiSC:

You can always have your Pokémon back in case you lose your Pokéwalker or it stops working by pressing a combination of buttons (which I can't exactly remember but I think it is L + X + Down) in the Pokéwalker menu.

Allez, hop!
Old August 15th, 2012 (04:20 PM).
Ocean Dweller
Beginning Trainer

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not, or under the right topic. I apologise if it isn't.

I've been playing through Diamond like usual, no problems, but whenever I try to connect to WFC, I get error code 52000. "Unable to obtain an IP address." Ok fine, I can just type everything in manually. That should help, right?

Nope. xD It will not accept my subnet mask, for some reason unknown to me. I have 225.225.225.0, this should work. But it doesn't. "these settings are invalid. Confirm the information and try again" comes up.

If anyone has any information on fixing this, it would be GREATLY appreciated if they would share it with me. My boyfriend wants to trade pokemon with me but it's just not working out. It can be pretty frustrtating. I looked all over the internet and couldn't find information on how to fix that particular problem!!

Thank you in advance
Old August 15th, 2012 (05:18 PM).
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Isn't subnet mask supposed to be 255.255.255.0 ?
Old August 15th, 2012 (06:13 PM).
Ocean Dweller
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Pingouin7:
Isn't subnet mask supposed to be 255.255.255.0 ?
Yup, it is. Or 225.225.0.0, I think. but it won't accept it, which is... odd.
Old August 16th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
oshawottlover13

i heartgold and soulsilve, there is a tower over by the safari zone in the johto region but i dont know how to the red/blue orb and how do you get rayquaza because it says that it reached to the sky, land and water. i need help.

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old August 16th, 2012 (02:42 PM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by oshawottlover13:
i heartgold and soulsilve, there is a tower over by the safari zone in the johto region but i dont know how to the red/blue orb and how do you get rayquaza because it says that it reached to the sky, land and water. i need help.
Once you've received the National dex and got a Kanto starter from Oak, you then go and talk to Mr. Pokèmon who will give you the Red Orb if you're playing Soulsilver or the Blue Orb if you're playing Heartgold. Then either Kyogre or Groudon will appear in the tower of which you speak. To get Rayquaza you need to have the opposite of whatever Pokemon you have on one cartridge. So if you have Soulsilver and Groudon you will need to require a Kyogre that was caught on Heartgold and trade it to Soulsilver, once you have them both show Professor Oak who will give you the Jade Orb, this will make Rayquaza appear in the tower. :)
Old August 17th, 2012 (07:22 AM).
oshawottlover13

Quote:
originally posted by dragonomega
Once you've received the National [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]dex[/COLOR][/COLOR] and got a Kanto starter from Oak, you then go and talk to Mr. Pokèmon who will give you the Red Orb if you're playing [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Soulsilver[/COLOR][/COLOR] or the Blue Orb if you're playing Heartgold. Then either Kyogre or Groudon will appear in the tower of which you speak. To get Rayquaza you need to have the opposite of whatever Pokemon you have on one [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]cartridge[/COLOR][/COLOR]. So if you have Soulsilver and Groudon you will need to require a Kyogre that was caught on Heartgold and trade it to Soulsilver, once you have them both show Professor Oak who will give you the Jade Orb, this will make Rayquaza appear in the tower.
thanks!!! and how do i get a starter from proffessor oak and how do i get treecko mudkip torchic? i know you can get them but i forgot how.

Old August 17th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by oshawottlover13:
thanks!!! and how do i get a starter from proffessor oak and how do i get treecko mudkip torchic? i know you can get them but i forgot how.
To get Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander you need to defeat Red and talk to Professor Oak in his lab in Pallet Town.

And to get Treecko/Mudkip/Torchic you also have to defeat Red but this time you have to talk to Steven. He will be in Silph Co. in Saffron City.
Old August 17th, 2012 (08:22 AM).
oshawottlover13

oh well i need to train really bad because m pokemon are all weak

Old August 18th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
PApostflagx

i caught a level 9 wurmple, at what level will it evolve into sil/cascoon, and at what level will it evolve into its third stage?
Old August 18th, 2012 (01:01 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
What will it evolve into? Depends on its Personality Value.

What level it will evolve into the third stage? That depends on what you battle, how long you keep it as its second stage, and what evolution you wanted.

Shortest route. It evolves into second Stage at level 10 and third at 11. Unless you gain an enormous amount of EXP that allows you to level up more than once before evolving into the second stage.
Old August 19th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I want to battle with a friend wirelessly (she has HeartGold, I have Platinum), but we want our Pokemon to be equal levels, and while i know the Flat Battle does this, do our Pokemon have to be over level 50? Ours are under 50. Can we still do it?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old August 22nd, 2012 (01:16 PM).
AngelArsenic
Beginning Trainer

I have been reading all the posts and something that has been bugging me lately was mentioned. What is pokewalker and how does one use it? I can see the option on my SoulSilver game but was hesitant to explore it in case it messed my game up.
Old August 22nd, 2012 (01:39 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
This is the Pokewalker. Usuaully sold in a bundle with the HGSS games, but if you got it say online or 2nd hand, etc, you might not have gotten it. (Or rom'd it for that matter). There's more info there but basically you can send Pokemon to it and train it by walking about, one level each trip max. You can also catch Pokemon and find items on it via minigames.

At any rate, don't worry about it messing your game up. =p
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old August 22nd, 2012 (11:30 PM).
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by AngelArsenic:
I have been reading all the posts and something that has been bugging me lately was mentioned. What is pokewalker and how does one use it? I can see the option on my SoulSilver game but was hesitant to explore it in case it messed my game up.
And to expand a little bit on what bobandbill said, (really my opinion), but its a pretty neat device. Yes, it's extremely simple and can get quite tedious over time, but it's a little incentive to buy the game because it does give so fun and enjoyment even though for such a short period of time. Who knows, though, perhaps you'll enjoy it more than me!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links