The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I'm playing Diamond and using a team of my favourite pokemon, but this includes Piplup, Pachirisu, Croagunk, Swablu, Roselia and Anorith, none of which I'm going to evolve before beating the league, so they're all pretty weak. I've made it to Canalave City without much trouble but now it's gotten a lot tougher - Iron Island is a pain and the Steel Gym is far too tough! Since training 6 things at once makes all their levels a lot lower than should be but I don't want to lose any of the team, how should this be solved? (I don't really know what grinding is from other posts...)
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Grinding basically means training on wild Pokemon/trainers for experience/levels - it's a common term for games like Pokemon. Iron island if you haven't finished the subquest there is great though because of the fact your partner heals you after each battle for free - otherwise make use of the Vs Seeker against previous trainers for extra experience, if you intend to go through diamond with unevolved Pokemon.

Besides that, only thing that will make your Pokemon stronger is teach them TM/HM moves, or evolve them - but you should be able to get by with just better attacks and/or grinding - you'll just need more than one usually does with unevolved Pokemon is all. You can also get advice on movesets for you Pokemon in the In-game Team Help section btw.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
The BBS Forums!
Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!
Home of Wynaut? Webzine; looking for contributors!
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM
funrush
How's it going?

My Staravia just got Pokerus. How long will it take to spread to the other pokes in my party? Is it measured by time or steps?

Badges: 8. Elite Four members beaten: 4. Currently at: White Forest.
Yes, I know if I went up against a good enough fire type I'd be screwed, but that's the fun of it.
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Nature: Calm
It depends. It doesn't just spread naturally, as far as I know. You need to get into the battle and put the Pokemon with PKRS like this:

Key:
0 = Regular
X = PKRS

0X

and then just get into a battle and switch in and out a lot during the battle. After around 2 battles they should be infected.
I think they could also just get it naturally but I am not sure about that.
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrush View Post
My Staravia just got Pokerus. How long will it take to spread to the other pokes in my party? Is it measured by time or steps?
Actually, I'm pretty sure it spreads through your Boxes. I can't remember though.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old September 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrush View Post
Just do a few battles and your party should eventually get infected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure it spreads through your Boxes. I can't remember though.
This is incorrect. The boxes prevent the Pokérus from being cured but do not spread it.

Old September 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
Where is the earliest place I can find a Spearow in SoulSilver? I want to evolve it into a Fearow (my favorite non-legendary bird)
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

The earliest place for Spearow is.... um.... Probably Azalea Town's Headbutt trees.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:17 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
The earliest place for Spearow is.... um.... Probably Azalea Town's Headbutt trees.
Not exactly. Spearow can be found much earlier than that: in Route 46.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

route 46? looks like I need to do some backtracking... I just beat the first gym... is it possible to backtrack from there, or am I just screwed...
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:08 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Yes, you can backtrack at any point in the game in fact. Just will take you a bit of a walk is all and you'd need to train it a bit to catch up to the rest of your party. (You can get one via a trade once you hit goldenrod and do a sidequest if you remove mail from one you get to do a delivery and put it on another Pokemon you don't want instead mind, and maybe there's one on a Pokewalker course too?)

The BBS Forums!
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

a friend said to me that the legendary birds are catchable in SoulSilver... is that true? if so, how far would I need to go + where would Moltres be? (being legendary, I probably have a ways to go)(if he's telling the truth)
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:41 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
a friend said to me that the legendary birds are catchable in SoulSilver... is that true? if so, how far would I need to go + where would Moltres be? (being legendary, I probably have a ways to go)(if he's telling the truth)
It's true. Articuno is in the Seafoam Islands, Zapdos is outside the Power Plant in Route 10 and Moltres is in one of Mt. Silver's caves.

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:48 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Note this stuff is covered in the FAQ sticky thread, so feel fre to chck stuff there before asking such as about what legendaries you can get.

The BBS Forums!
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Is it possible to obtain another 'Flash' TM'? after finding out that Flash was converted into a TM in the SoulSilver remake (vs a HM) hence making it only usable once and making the move forgettable, is it possible to obtain another Flash TM? or do I just need to be extra careful on not deleting the move with another?
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Quote:
Is it possible to obtain another 'Flash' TM'? after finding out that Flash was converted into a TM in the SoulSilver remake (vs a HM) hence making it only usable once and making the move forgettable, is it possible to obtain another Flash TM? or do I just need to be extra careful on not deleting the move with another?
I'm fairly certian you can buy one in the Goldenrod Department Store.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

how do I obtain my own friend code in SoulSilver? it it in Goldenrod City in that one Global building, or is it somewhere else? if it is in that one Global building, I seem to can't find which computer to go to...
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
how do I obtain my own friend code in SoulSilver? it it in Goldenrod City in that one Global building, or is it somewhere else? if it is in that one Global building, I seem to can't find which computer to go to...
You go to the Wi-Fi room in any Pokemon Center once (talk to the person in the middle on the second floor), then leave to get your Friend Code.

Old September 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
You go to the Wi-Fi room in any Pokemon Center once (talk to the person in the middle on the second floor), then leave to get your Friend Code.

apparently that isn't true. I went into the room and talked to the only one person there, he explained certain things to me and then I left, but I didn't get a friend code... are you sure that's the way to do this?
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Check your Pal Pad for it.

Go downstairs in any Pokemon Center and talk to the women at the far left counter. She'll explain things to you and you'll get your Pal Pad.

After you receive your Pal Pad, connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi where you can. Once you do that, your friend code should be the third option when you open your Pal Pad.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

idgi, my official guide for SoulSilver says that the five Kimono Girls are waiting a the waterfall basin 2 where they are supposed to do a dance to welcome Lugia and Lugia is supposed to appear! but they aren't there, and Lugia isn't appearing

am I doing something wrong?
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
idgi, my official guide for SoulSilver says that the five Kimono Girls are waiting a the waterfall basin 2 where they are supposed to do a dance to welcome Lugia and Lugia is supposed to appear! but they aren't there, and Lugia isn't appearing

am I doing something wrong?
go to the kimono house in the 4th gym city. cant spell the name :p
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

for: SoulSilver -- is there really any way I can get my level up? I defeated all the trainers in Johto, and spent a lot of time fighting wild Pokemon, but I am still low in level (avg 41) and it doesn't seem than any of my phone numbers ever contact me for battles (just other stuff) I am too weak to take on the elite 4... is there really any way to get my level up?
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
for: SoulSilver -- is there really any way I can get my level up? I defeated all the trainers in Johto, and spent a lot of time fighting wild Pokemon, but I am still low in level (avg 41) and it doesn't seem than any of my phone numbers ever contact me for battles (just other stuff) I am too weak to take on the elite 4... is there really any way to get my level up?
If you've fought all of the trainers so far, than no, there isn't any other way aside from rematches and wild battles (unless you want to trade).
You should be able to take on the Elite Four with those levels though. Lance's highest level Pokémon is 50 and can be OHKOed with a strong ice move. Plan a strategy and bring lots of lemonades/hyper potions/revives and you should have very few problems.

Old September 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
If you've fought all of the trainers so far, than no, there isn't any other way aside from rematches and wild battles (unless you want to trade).
You should be able to take on the Elite Four with those levels though. Lance's highest level Pokémon is 50 and can be OHKOed with a strong ice move. Plan a strategy and bring lots of lemonades/hyper potions/revives and you should have very few problems.

so, what you are saying is (correct me if I'm wrong) the elite 4 is lower leveled than in the original Pokemon Silver? in Pokemon Silver (original) all the elite 4 trainers were in the mid to upper 50's... did they change that for SoulSilver?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here