The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What Starter Should I Use?
Turtwig (Grass Type) 1 100.00%
Chimchar (Fire Type) 0 0%
Piplup (Water Type) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Q - Should I restart my Soul Silver? I have honestly nothing left to do there, and I kinda rushed through some parts of the game. I can easily trade my Pokemon and then trade em back when I restart, but I've done so much in the game, I've gotten all the numbers of the leaders, I've won many of the in game contests, etc. But I beat the game ages ago and I haven't really touched it since I've finished everything and caught all the legendaries, and etc.
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM
EmboarTrainer
the

Nature: Sassy
Using Pal Park, if you have the event Lugia for the 3rd gen games.

Sure. Reset the game. It's a great game to replay.

Last edited by EmboarTrainer; October 15th, 2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Lugia
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider542 View Post
I have another question, is there any way to get lugia in Platinum? Ive heard there is a way, but ive also heard you need an action replay or pal park. So, is it possible?
The only way to get lugia in platinum wothout cheating/hacking is using Pal Park to transfer a lugia form a 3rd generation game. You can always use action replay but you will need to find out how to from a different site cause this site dosent allow that kind of stuff. If you really want lugia you could always buy SoulSilver and cath it on that. Good luck findin Lugia. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Game Fan View Post
Q - Should I restart my Soul Silver? I have honestly nothing left to do there, and I kinda rushed through some parts of the game. I can easily trade my Pokemon and then trade em back when I restart, but I've done so much in the game, I've gotten all the numbers of the leaders, I've won many of the in game contests, etc. But I beat the game ages ago and I haven't really touched it since I've finished everything and caught all the legendaries, and etc.
Yes. After trading all the pokemon you want to keep, might as well restart. Would you rather have a perfect game with everything done that you dont touch or an imperfect game that still has things to do in it and you actually play it. Your call but I think you should restart, I know i've restarted my pokemon games about 75 times. :D
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Nature: Calm
^ Thanks, I think I will do that
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
I've got a question, what physical dark/ghost type moves are there that Gallade can learn? Or even better, are there any?
At level 1 (so you'll need to go to a move relearner) Gallade can learn the dark-type move Night Slash, which 70 power with a high critical hit ratio. By TM46 Gallade can also learn dark-type move Thief which has 40 base power and steals the opponents item (as long as you're not holding one as well). Gallade can learn the ghost-type move Shadow Sneak, which is a priority move (i.e. attacks first) with 40 base power, and it learns this through egg breeding with Bannette's Line, Duskull's line or Spiritomb that knows the move. The move tutor in Pt, HG or SS can teach Gallade Knock Off, which is dark-type and deals 20 damage, and also 'knocks off' the opponents item.
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
a trainer in Kanto said that you can get the gym leaders phone numbers if you meet them outside of their gym on a certain day and time, and it was different for each leader, I would like to ask, where and when is Falkner located in SoulSilver? he is my all time favorite gym leader, and I want him to be the first gym leader that I get the number for
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:32 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
a trainer in Kanto said that you can get the gym leaders phone numbers if you meet them outside of their gym on a certain day and time, and it was different for each leader, I would like to ask, where and when is Falkner located in SoulSilver? he is my all time favorite gym leader, and I want him to be the first gym leader that I get the number for
Falkner can be found in Celadon Department Store's 4th floor talking to Janine at any point in the day every Monday.

Old October 21st, 2011, 07:03 AM
Gerudo Wolf
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
Hey people ive recently just traded my kadabra, had it evolved and now i want to give my new alakazam an even further boost of its psychic attacks with either the mind plate or the odd incense but my question is which one will give the biggest boost?

Gerudo Wolf

Old October 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerudo Wolf View Post
Hey people ive recently just traded my kadabra, had it evolved and now i want to give my new alakazam an even further boost of its psychic attacks with either the mind plate or the odd incense but my question is which one will give the biggest boost?
I'm pretty sure both give the same boost, which is 1.5x if I remember. Although an item like a Life Orb or Choice Specs will be even better, since a Life Orb increases the power of all your moves and specs increases all of your special attacks (which Alakazam runs) it's up to personal preference whether you run the plate or incense.
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

I'm pretty sure both give the same boost, which is 1.5x if I remember. Although an item like a Life Orb or Choice Specs will be even better, since a Life Orb increases the power of all your moves and specs increases all of your special attacks (which Alakazam runs) it's up to personal preference whether you run the plate or incense.
It's actually 1.2x, for both of them. So there is no advantage using one over the other.
Old October 30th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Skuntank
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
[SIZE="a"]I have been having problems connecting to wifi with my heartgold and my 3ds. When I try to connect it says there isn't a access point found. When I test the Internet on the system it works fine and when playing black the Internet is normal. Any help? Does it have something to do with heartgold not working on the 3ds?[/SIZE]
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
I have been having problems connecting to wifi with my heartgold and my 3ds. When I try to connect it says there isn't a access point found. When I test the Internet on the system it works fine and when playing black the Internet is normal. Any help? Does it have something to do with heartgold not working on the 3ds?
HGSS should work fine on the 3DS, as should basically any other DS game on the 3DS - and if it worked on a regular DS it shoudl also work for the 3DS too, internet connections. Check the internet connection/that you actually set it up properly for your 3DS first (maybe you're using an odd setting on HG only?). There's also this thread here about wifi issues that may be of some help to you.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

in SoulSilver, my Pokémon are evenly leveled at level 75... would I be able to take on Red at Mt. Silver? or do I still need to train?
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

@justinrpg: Red should be a breeze with a team at that level. I beat him with a pure Ground-type team all around level 60, so you should be fine.

EDIT: Re-checked and my team was around Level 70, not 60.

I still think it can be done with a well-trained and balanced Level 60 team.

Last edited by Cathar; October 31st, 2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
bizebest

Q : do you know what's the best place to raise your entire team to Lv 100?

Heart Gold FC: 1850 8090 9305 Trainer: Manji
White FC: 1249 7820 8373
3DS FC: 3539 9060 2109

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizebest View Post
Q : do you know what's the best place to raise your entire team to Lv 100?
I'd say Mt. Silver. It has the highest level Pokemon (wild ones anyway) in the whole game. Or you could do a lot of gym leader rematches, they usually build up the EXP. Give your Pokemon a lucky egg, it'll be so much easier that way. :3c
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:56 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Adding on to the above, rebattling gym leaders, although rebattling the E4 will offer more in exp per Pokemon (higher levels), and each time you beat the champion again Red will reappear on Mt Silver.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:20 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
in SoulSilver, my Pokémon are evenly leveled at level 75... would I be able to take on Red at Mt. Silver? or do I still need to train?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
@justinrpg: Red should be a breeze with a team at that level. I beat him with a pure Ground-type team all around level 60, so you should be fine.

EDIT: Re-checked and my team was around Level 70, not 60.

I still think it can be done with a well-trained and balanced Level 60 team.

No problems should be there, I beat him with my lvl 60s team. With only one in the mid 60s, the rest in the low. Believe me, even if he is the strongest trainer in gen IV, he is certainly not the hardest to beat.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

Can someone help me with trading? I have a Pokemon on Pearl that I wan't to trade to my Soul Sliver. I've traded a few times before, but it won't work anymore! I go into the Union room in both games but I don't see my other player. When I talk to the lady, she says that i'm the only one in here! Why won't it work? Can someone help me?? I beaten Pearl, and I have 7 badges in SS. I even traded from Pearl to my SS game before like 2 months ago, but it doesn't work anymore, help?

EDIT: NVM. I just found out I had the wireless button on one of my 3ds's off.....why do i always figure these things out AFTER I finally post the question? It works now...I see myself...
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

[QUOTE=Ciax;6892482]The only way to get lugia in platinum wothout cheating/hacking is using Pal Park to transfer a lugia form a 3rd generation game. You can always use action replay but you will need to find out how to from a different site cause this site dosent allow that kind of stuff. If you really want lugia you could always buy SoulSilver and cath it on that. Good luck findin Lugia. :D

You can also trade Lugia from soul silver to platinum so theres no need to pal park it from 3rd gen

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

I am having an issue with SoulSilver... I haven't played the game in 4 days but all the Apricorn trees are still fruitless and the Poke Ball creator is still working and says he is busy... what is going on here and how do I fix this?
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Quote:
I am having an issue with SoulSilver... I haven't played the game in 4 days but all the Apricorn trees are still fruitless and the Poke Ball creator is still working and says he is busy... what is going on here and how do I fix this?
Did you switch DSes or mess with the clock? That might have something to do with it.
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
I had "clock error" problem in White. It got fixed automatically in few days. So i suggest you to wait few days and try again or just reset your game. And Heart Gold/Soul Silver is good game to replay. I just reset my Soul Silver and it's fun to play from the beginning.

Last edited by Xeberos; November 9th, 2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old November 10th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Did you switch DSes or mess with the clock? That might have something to do with it.

I changed the clock for daylight savings time is all...
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:42 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

That's enough to do that though (because they never thought about daylight savings I guess when implementing that when people tried to cheat the system via time changing). As said wait a bit (you probably should still play it though a bit while doing so, maybe that extends the process).

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here