The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: What Starter Should I Use?
Turtwig (Grass Type) 1 100.00%
Chimchar (Fire Type) 0 0%
Piplup (Water Type) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:07 AM
aldarafael
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
i want to migrate my pokemon from a fire red rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch, the problem is that the migrate option doesnt appear and i unlocked the pal park. both roms are in english and im using ysmenu what am i doing wrong?
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldarafael View Post
i want to migrate my pokemon from a fire red rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch, the problem is that the migrate option doesnt appear and i unlocked the pal park. both roms are in english and im using ysmenu what am i doing wrong?
You might want to take a look at the emulation section... this is more for help with HGSS/DPPt itself rather than problems arising from using roms of that game. But I imagine the fact they are roms would pose problems even if there are patches for such things. Maybe it only will work for legit gba games or the gba rom does not have the right sort of save file format?

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old November 13th, 2011, 06:10 AM
aldarafael
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
You might want to take a look at the emulation section... this is more for help with HGSS/DPPt itself rather than problems arising from using roms of that game. But I imagine the fact they are roms would pose problems even if there are patches for such things. Maybe it only will work for legit gba games or the gba rom does not have the right sort of save file format?
thanks ill investigate about the save file format but i think it wont work on roms ill try to get the gba games
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Panfisha
BIGGLYPUFF?

Nature: Relaxed
So I'm replaying platinum for the first time since 2010, and I want a vulpix on my team. I see the only way to get one is via Leaf Green version dongle.
But what I can't find anywhere, is whether or not I can do this BEFORE the elite four?

Soul Silver FC: 0861-5428-7860
3DS FC: 2406-5518-5103

http://cypress85.deviantart.com/

Old November 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Vulpix can be found on 209 & 214 with LG inserted. The Nat Dex is required for the dongle method to work.
Old November 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Nature: Hardy
Hi all, I have looked around to see if I could answer my own questions before posting but no luck, I really want a Darkrai on my Platinum version, I bought Platinum late so I've probably missed out on the Event pass, is there any other way to get one?

Zeus
Old November 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
helmet_09
Beginning Trainer

^ I was actually wondering the same thing. To my knowledge there is no way unless you use AR to trigger the event or just trade with someone who got one through the event or used the AR to get the event. I hope there is another way since I have been looking for one.
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:54 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Hi all, I have looked around to see if I could answer my own questions before posting but no luck, I really want a Darkrai on my Platinum version, I bought Platinum late so I've probably missed out on the Event pass, is there any other way to get one?

Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet_09 View Post
^ I was actually wondering the same thing. To my knowledge there is no way unless you use AR to trigger the event or just trade with someone who got one through the event or used the AR to get the event. I hope there is another way since I have been looking for one.
You can use an AR to get to New Moon Island, but you won't find Darkrai there, but you can use the AR to get the Member's Pass. You'll have to look up the code for that yourself.

Old November 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
You can use an AR to get to New Moon Island, but you won't find Darkrai there, but you can use the AR to get the Member's Pass. You'll have to look up the code for that yourself.
Thank you for the tip, please forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what a AR code is? I just play the games lol, is there a link or a short explanation you could help me with please.

Zeus

Last edited by Houndoomed; November 22nd, 2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:53 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
AR is the common term used for Action Replay, a cheating device (you enter in codes to get what you want in the games, basically). That requires having an AR though and if you're not one for cheating... (heck, I'm not =p).

But besides from cheating for the Pokemon or the event item that triggers it the only current way to get one is to trade for it, which can be done on the Trade Corner section we have here.

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
ShinyGyaradosisShiny
Going hard 24/7 365

Nature: Brave
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:39 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGyaradosisShiny View Post
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.
You have to wait the full 70 days.

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:44 PM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGyaradosisShiny View Post
If you mean set the calender 80 days forward, no. The game sees through that. there is another way; you could set the clock to 11:59; then wait a minute till the next day. that counts. but that would take ages.

oh, just saw platinum dude outposted me...
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:34 PM
superFOXES
Beginning Trainer

Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superFOXES View Post
Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?
Yes, it's possible to receive Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon pre-National Dex.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by superFOXES View Post

When I bought my copy of Heart gold I used my platinum game to take the three starters then give them back so I could play gold with all three, it allowed me to trade as soon as prof Oak gave me the pokedex in HG.

Zeus
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Skuntank
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
[SIZE="a"]Does anybody have trouble connecting hg/ss to wifi using 3ds? It keeps giving me error code 51099 and saying Bo access point in range but I'm right next to it and all of my other games work with the wifi (pokemon black and 3ds games).[/SIZE]
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:20 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
Does anybody have trouble connecting hg/ss to wifi using 3ds? It keeps giving me error code 51099 and saying Bo access point in range but I'm right next to it and all of my other games work with the wifi (pokemon black and 3ds games).
Try this thread, I suggest. And as far as I know HGSS should work just fine on the 3DS - nothing really makes it behav differently on the 3DS compared to other Pokemon games. Maybe check the settings you have for the game?

Old December 13th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Adryel

Nature: Relaxed
Can someone tell me how to get a sunshard to evolve eevee into espeon? in pokemon hg/ss
thanks guys in advance
Old December 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adryel View Post
Can someone tell me how to get a sunshard to evolve eevee into espeon? in pokemon hg/ss
thanks guys in advance
No shard required, level up with happiness during the day, like Riolu to Lucario.

Zeus
Old December 16th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Klave
Beginning Trainer

Can eggs be traded over Wi-Fi in the Wi-fi Club in Platinum?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:43 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Yes, I believe they can over 4th gen wifi.

Old December 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Eggs can be traded for sure 100%
Old December 25th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Persheis
Breeding Purist

Nature: Modest
Hey guys!
Merry Christmas!

Could somebody help me get my SID number?
I had it some months ago, but I lost it, and the lottery japanese page is down atm.
Please contact me so we can arrange a pokemon trade for you to figure out my SID number.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I'll post there!

Last edited by Persheis; December 26th, 2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Thanks
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:03 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

If you want a trade to find that out you may want to look at the quick thread thread in the Trade Corner section, just so you know.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links