Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Reload this Page DiamondPearlPlatinum On this day, 9 years ago...

For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Old 1 Week Ago (10:28 PM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier
Nature: Calm
Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version was released in Japan! Hard to believe it's been 9 years since these games came out. Wow, where did that time go?

As we know, it marked the beginning of Generation IV, it was the first ever handheld Pokémon game to display 3D objects! I remember buying the Japanese Diamond Version on eBay around launch day and received it around sometime in late September (possibly 30th). I remember playing it all the way through to the end, despite not being able to read anything. What truly amazed me about it, was the return of the day/night system, which had been absent in Generation III. The day/night system would remain being used in the games in future generations, and it was great to see it return!

What was your best memory of Pokémon Diamond Version or Pokémon Pearl Version upon launch day or anywhere in the game for that matter? ^^
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old 6 Days Ago (7:23 AM).
Kalos Queen
Crystal Tier
Nature: Quirky
I didn't get the game until 2008 (English versions btw) but I did play a bit of my brother's Diamond copy before he demanded I get my own one, and I went with the opposite version which was Pearl. Got it as a birthday present that year, and while I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the one with the version exclusives I liked better I still at least praised Sinnoh at the time for its environment and also having one of the cutest female protagonists in Pokemon to date (yes you should know who I'm talking about). I recall Sinnoh being the only region that I used all three starters in different playthroughs at some point and I may have never finished the game yet there may be a time I will if that ever happens.

Happy 9th anniversary, Diamond & Pearl! The games that brought so many modern revolution to the franchise and helped shape the games as we know them now.
Old 5 Days Ago (8:29 AM).
Pew Pew
Nature: Modest
Ah Diamond and Pearl. One of the best sets of games in the series, in my opinion. The region was great. The story was great. The Pokemon was great. Everything about this game was fantastic! I sincerely hope that these games are remade in the future so that future generations can appreciate the glorious region of Sinnoh.

When these games came out, Lucario became my new favorite Pokemon. I was so glad when it was featured so prominently in XY.
Old 5 Days Ago (10:32 AM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Yes, Diamond and Pearl, while not as good today, were a good change for the franchise with the DS' 3D capabilities and Wi-Fi battling and trading. It was the start of what led Pokémon into a whole new style of playing. I got the games around release time, and I do still like Sinnoh for what it has now, even if there are others I like more.
Marriland - (Black 2 Challenge Mode Nuzlocke) (The Southern Island) | Twitter
Wedlocke Challenge | Wonderlocke Challenge | Generation V Fan Club
Old 5 Days Ago (12:02 PM).
Sacred Fire
Crystal Tier
Nature: Relaxed
Definitely very important in the history of Pokemon and some of my all time favourite games!
Old 5 Days Ago (4:30 PM).
Super Moderator
Nature: Jolly
Dang, time flies. I did buy it on launch, but that was the Australian release (so before Europe and after America iirc). Nonetheless, that's eight years ago. I remember releasing a chapter of a fic around then as a celebration for the new gen games, haha, and then picking Piplup, catching a Shinx and all that jazz... and then getting distracted from the main story for a good while because of the Underground, haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links