< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation DiamondPearlPlatinum Gen 4 Team

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Reply Post Reply

Old March 4th, 2016 (8:35 AM).

I'm starting a new pokemon diamond and am thinking of having the following team:

Crobat
Timid
Inner Focus
Cross Poison
Air Slash
Aerial Ace
Confuse Ray

Lucario
Modest
Steadfast
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Dragon Pulse
Psychic

Torterra
Adamant
Overgrow
Razor Leaf
Earthquake
Sword's Dance
Crunch

Magnezone
Modest
Sturdy
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Reflect

Blissey
Calm
Natural Cure
Toxic
Soft-Boiled
Protect
Light Screen

Garchomp
Adamant
Sand Veil
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Any suggestions for improvements?

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 4th, 2016 (9:16 AM).
Gen 3♥

Nature: Calm
I dont like it for a normal playthrough, its going to take a while to get, if you want the natures for all your pokémon's. Else its good,
Oups ;-)
Old March 4th, 2016 (12:40 PM).

which trio would you suggest for a battle tower attempt - pokemon platinum?
Old 1 Week Ago (2:38 AM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

I wouldn't recommend a Timid Crobat with physical moves. Instead, I'd recommend something like this:

Crobat
Nature: Jolly or Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Cross Poison
Aerial Ace
U-Turn/X-Scissor
Confuse Ray

Or something like this:

Crobat
Nature: Timid or Modest
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Sludge Bomb
Air Slash
Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/Giga Drain
Confuse Ray

As for Blissey and Magnezone, you can't obtain them before the Elite Four, unless you trade. Instead of Magnezone, you could use Luxray or Raichu. And instead of Blissey, you could use a Water type, like Gastrodon, Floatzel, Gyarados, Mantine, Octillery, or Tentacruel.

Come play The Great Pokemon Battle 4!

Or enjoy yourself with the Pokecommunity Skyscraper!
Old 1 Week Ago (6:35 AM).
NSFW Guy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Xherdan
Are you planning on having a HM Slave? Because you'll need to use Fly a lot. Unless you want to walk to places on your own. Also, how about a surfer? Like classiccartoons said, you could replace Blissey over a Water type, such as Shellos or Buizel.

A good Pokemon to have HMs on is Bibarel, as he can learn all HMs except Fly. Of course you don't need to carry him all the time, leave him in the PC box.

As for Torterra, i don't really recommend Razor Leaf. I'm pretty sure you get Wood Hammer via Move Reminder. It'd also be nice if you had Curse, just for a buff on Attack and Defense, but you get a debuff on Speed. Your decision.

For Lucario, that's an awesome set, but it's all Special. So if you stumble upon a Pokemon with a high Sp. Def stat, Lucario won't do much damage. I suggest taking out Psychic and putting in something Physical, like Earthquake or Close Combat.

Your Crobat is great, actually. I don't really like the idea of Aerial Ace and Air Slash on the same set, though. Both have its perks, as Aerial Ace never misses and Air Slash can flinch your opponent. I suggest putting out Aerial Ace and replacing it for Shadow Ball or Giga Drain.

The Garchomp set is actually pretty neat, no changes on that one.

The Magnezone could be swapped out for other Electric types like Luxray. I also don't really like Discharge and Thunderbolt together, as T-Bolt itself is stronger than Discharge. I suggest swapping Discharge over something else, like Barrier.

Also, do mind that Magnezone and Lucario have Flash Cannon on their sets, since they can only learn the TM for it. It's your choice to see which one you want to have Flash Cannon taught to.

And now, for Blissey. I know, it's a huge tank, but its Speed is quite bad, its Attack and Defense are terrible, and its Sp. Attack isn't plentiful. It can resist a lot of Special super-effective moves, but if it's hit by a Physical super-effective move, say goodbye to it, i guess.

Anyways, hope i helped you in making your team. Have a great playthrough!
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links