Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Old 4 Days Ago (9:11 PM).
forever dreaming
Pink ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Quiet

Cynthia has become a rather prominent figure in Pokemon gaming, as she's appeared throughout multiple games: DPPt, HGSS, and even BW and B2W2! For the purpose of this thread, we're keeping it related to Fourth Gen.

So what do you think about Cynthia, and how did you feel when she returned in HGSS (though I think she only returned in HGSS for the Arceus event)? Do you feel that she was a better Champion than previous Champions before? What do you think about her team?

I'd really like to hear everyone's thoughts about her. :>

like sandcastles against the tide.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Days Ago (4:23 PM).
MIRROR MIRROR

Nature: Sassy
She's a strong independent woman who don't need no man!

But in all seriousness, I loved her to bits. I've always wanted a well rounded character with her demeanor. Her team was very well made. I think the developers really spent a lot of time on her when she was being made. She seems as if she has really tough skin. She's definitely my top champion. I feels she's just super unique, especially when she was introduced.
Old 1 Day Ago (3:42 AM).
forever dreaming
Pink ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Quiet
To me, Cynthia is without a doubt probably one of the best NPCs made.

I know there are those who disagree, and think she's kind of a Mary Sue kind of character, but that's precisely why I find her so interesting! Her cool, calm and collected demeanour during the most intense situations is always something that fascinated me. I also loved how in the games, she appeared every now and again to try and help you out or give some hints as to what you should expect here and there and whatnot. I think she's done a good job of giving the powerful trainer impression while coming across as mysterious and stuff. ^^

like sandcastles against the tide.

Old 23 Hours Ago (8:02 AM).

I thought she was pretty cool, though I don't remember too much about her dialogue because I haven't played the games for so long. But I do remember that she was very strong, and that her battle theme was very good. The piano that plays when you enter the room also sets an appropriate tone for the battle. I also liked how it goes completely silent after you beat her.

(Last Update: July 15, 2016 - Beta 1 Released)
Old 23 Hours Ago (8:07 AM).
Utsukushi Hinode
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
She's definitely a really cool champion, I love her personality and I can understand why Game Freak have brought her back. I also really like her team, she has some strong Pokemon and a Spiritomb that -at the time- isn't weak to anything. Her Garchomp was a challenge and I think she's probably one of the more difficult champions!

Sponsored Links