< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation Legendary Pokemon

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Reply Post Reply

Old October 16th, 2015 (6:50 PM).
Crystal TierPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Adamant
The Fourth Generation, in particular Sinnoh, introduced a wide and eclectic mix of Legendary pokemon. Some say they it introduced too many (I agree), others say the more legendary pokemon, the better. What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any favourites?

I'd say my favourite legendary from 4th Gen would be Ho-oh along with the Lake Trio. The latter's music was prety epic.
mod| pair

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 18th, 2015 (2:30 AM).
Silver Tier

I too, think that we have too many Legendary in Gen IV. Heatran, Phione and Manaphy are unnecessary for me.

The wing mirages are available in HGSS and Pt as well, which are also unnecessary.
Mainly focusing at
Trade Corner Trade Shop Trade Review
3DS FC | FC: 3695-0268-1834 (Anna- AS/Makoto - X)
Old October 18th, 2015 (7:12 AM).
#TeamRowlet
ModeratorCS

Nature: Bold
Azelf and Giratina are my favourites. They have super cool designs and are pretty powerful. Dialga is cool too.
Old October 22nd, 2015 (2:05 PM).
why yes
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to myystogan
After reading the OP, I have to agree - there are a lot of 4th gen legendaries. Strangely enough, I never really noticed that before today.
I do like a lot of them though, so it's not a problem with me, haha.

But while I do like the 4th generation legendaries overall, I like some better than others - most notably Heatran - and I do think one or two are completely unnecessary (*cough*Phione*cough*).
MYYSTOGAN | VM + PM
HOVER TEXT

OR/Y TSVs
2637 (OR), 1175 (Y)

TRAINER INFO
Anton: 5000-4000-2564 (OR & Y IGN: KB3)

CREDIT
all icons made by me; signature coded by me

Click the links ->

Old October 23rd, 2015 (9:35 PM).
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Jolly
There were a lot of bonus ones, but I didn't mind that too much. More legendaries tended to mean more to catch, and hence more to do after beating the game! And one of the things I like about the 4th gen games is the amount of things to do in them.

Phione though I just never really liked nor used. Heatran at least had a sidequest for it, shaymin came with its own area and event, etc. Phione though... a Pokemon bred off a legendary with worse stats, similar makeup and can't evolve. Whelp!
Old November 8th, 2015 (11:23 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Like my bud Sun mentioned, while it may be a bit too many legendaries they did at least make most of them have unique stuff going for them. My faves include Shaymin, Manaphy (and to a lesser extent Phione), Cresselia, Lake Guardians and the Creation dragon trio.

And as Marcin (bobandbill) said, more legendaries means more incentive to "catch em all" and it makes postgame fun when you have to do some legendary hunting.
Old November 10th, 2015 (3:58 AM).
Chouzetsu! Dynamic! Let's go! Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
I too, think that we have too many Legendary in Gen IV. Heatran, Phione and Manaphy are unnecessary for me.

The wing mirages are available in HGSS and Pt as well, which are also unnecessary.
hey heatran is awesome

Least favourite gen 4 Pokemon would be Arceus, it has the worst concept known to Pokemon.
PokeCheats | Serebii | AMA | Rock-type Club | Legendary Club #Respect4Rhyperior #Respect4Garbodor #Respect4Tangrowth #FreeGenesect2016 #FreeHoopa-U2016
Old November 12th, 2015 (8:20 AM).

Nature: Timid
There were a lot of legends in 4th gen, I liked Manaphy (mainly cause of the Pokemon Ranger movie) Shaymin and Cresslia the most. I never really liked Palkia or Phione though. my issue with Palkia is mainly design based. I felt like Dialga and Giratina were really cool, yet Palkia let me down. As for Phione... it's just not that great. I don't really understand the point of it.
Old November 16th, 2015 (2:04 PM).

Nature: Lax
Hmmmm.
Shaymin is my favorite. Both forms are cute.
I agree that 4th gen released to many legendary Pokemon in general, all though I don't particularly hate any of them individually.
Old November 16th, 2015 (3:37 PM).

I have to say I love darkrai, after seeing the movie I was like, Oh my god, this pokemon is just awesome. I love palkia's and giratina's designs too
Old November 17th, 2015 (9:09 AM).
Mars Adept

Nature: Quirky
Personally, I like the Lake Trio a lot. And Palkia is cool.
"I want to live, I want to experience the universe, and I want to eat pie."- Stargate SG-1

Old November 17th, 2015 (7:10 PM).
☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆

My favorite is a tie between Shaymin [both forms] and Giratina. Even though I agree that 4th Gen definitely does have a lot of legendaries, I've never really minded the abundance; they just feel like little extras on the side to help expand on Sinnoh's background lore a little, like the stories behind Darkrai/Cresselia.
☆ || deviantART | Flight Rising | Steam | Other || ☆
Old November 18th, 2015 (6:03 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
I never realized how many there were until just now as well, but i think I really like it. All of them had interesting back stories or interesting ways you had to capture them that made it fun and interesting to do so. It kind of makes me sad looking back at Gen IV, seeing how much late game content there was with a slight extended story, tons of legendaries to catch, and the whole battle frontier. The newer games seem like there is much less to do comparatively.

I loved Heatran and Darkrai probably the most, both were pretty sweet.
Old January 1st, 2016 (1:32 PM).
The Legacy Continues
Platinum Tier

Nature: Modest
Shaymin (land forme) and Dialga. The most adorable legendary ever made. As for Dialga: Roar of Time, enough said.
Old January 4th, 2016 (5:49 PM).
your fervent wish

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnathan View Post
I'd say my favourite legendary from 4th Gen would be Ho-oh
does ho-oh really count? Its a Gen 2 Pokemon, really.

I liked the creation trio, with Giratina being my fave at the time, and Heatran. I didn't mind the increased number of Legendaries, though I did mind not getting them all in-game.
Old January 4th, 2016 (9:25 PM).
Crystal TierPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan14 View Post
does ho-oh really count? Its a Gen 2 Pokemon, really.
I'd say yes. Whilst it was introduced in Generation II, it was a prominent Legendary figure as part of the 4th Generation of games.
mod| pair
Old January 8th, 2016 (7:53 PM).
your fervent wish

Nature: Serious
of the fourth generation remakes and featured in 2/5 gen 4 games so less than half tho
Old January 9th, 2016 (11:02 AM).
Rarely is simple better, yet I think I have the cure.

Nature: Hasty
I like them. a lot of legends just means more pokemon. i likie quite a few of them. Manaphy and Phione are pretty cool, you can basiclly breed legends, and you won't beleive how many people are looking for Phione

The time/space trio are among my favorites, and all 5 of the legends I mentioned are in my region.

#TeamPopplio
Old January 11th, 2016 (3:26 PM).

over-saturating the pokemon market with legendaries means the legendaries lose value. the kanto bird trio had that substance of mystery and awe the newer ones lack, back in the last millenium, before 3rd gen pokemon showed up. you do not know how they appeared why they are part of a special trio group or what purpose that group holds. when you look at the sinnoh legendaries there is no mystery about it. you are told they shaped the world. the mystery of them becomes who wrote that statement? who was that witness who saw arceus form the world? what makes something epic and legendary is keeping it mysterious. once you know too much about something it is just another common thing. if every generation only introduced 1 legendary and each of them only shares a small bit of info of themselves, and also a small bit of info of how they related to the kanto bird trio or johto beast trio it increases the mystery and the aura of epicness it holds. they flooded us with too many legendaries there is no puzzle in it anymore. my favorites are the 2nd gen and 3rd gen legendaries, the sinnoh legendaries i don't really like as they did TOO MUCH.
Old January 12th, 2016 (12:04 AM).
Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist

Nature: Brave
I like most of them, though there are a few to me that are meh (Heatran, Phione) and one that is bleh (Regigigas). Back when I got Pearl version I also got it with an action replay, so it was the first game in which I was able to cheat and explore beyond the defined boundaries of the game, and a lot of my cheating revolved around exploring where those legendaries were. That coupled with the fact that you could glitch your way to two (technically three counting Giratina but nobody tweaked to get that one early) of them sort of added a mythos to them as people were getting them before they were formally revealed and people (including me) were wondering what they were. It was a bit like Gen I with Mew; everybody wanted to get Shaymin and Darkrai but nobody knew a lot of details about them until Movies 12 and 13 came out (I think? It might have been 13 and 14 but I swear 14 was the one with Arceus in it..) Arceus itself was a mystery as well, especially since its event was never formally made available. It has an area, a summoning item, and even its own battle theme that to this day are unused, sort of like Deoxys. I think people are still trying to glitch their way to it to this very day, going far beyond the physical boundaries of the game in an attempt to summon it.

I do have to admit though the sheer amount of legendaries available, specifically in Platinum version, was a bit too much. You had two trios of legendaries, a trio master, three event legendaries, one standalone legendary just hanging out in a cave, another event legendary that you can get pseudo legendaries from via breeding, the legendary birds which were also available in HG/SS, the regi trio.... Some of them I can see, like the event legendaries (though they were a bit much...), the emotion trio, and the creation trio, but there wasn't much point in Regigigas and Heatran.
mew_nani is dead. She was the Cultist.

"Join me if you want to win."

#ONEderground
The Underground's 1st Anniversary Collab

link 1 link 2 link 3 link 4

I support:
Old January 12th, 2016 (9:49 AM).
Has officially quit PC
Gold Tier

The only legendary Pokémon I cared about were Dialga, Palkia and Manaphy. With the remaining legendaries I just got them from events.
Old April 15th, 2016 (6:32 PM).
^^ is extremely inconsistent

Nature: Bashful
I'm just sad that everyone thinks Heatran is unnecessary. It represents the Earth's core, and gives you something else for you to do when you finish the game.

As for Phione, however...

Ugh.

The rest of the legendaries were really some of the best they had to offer because of their overall importance.

Old April 16th, 2016 (4:48 AM).
怖がらないで

Nature: Hasty
Sinnoh was based around mythology and legends, so the region having lots of legendary Pokemon makes sense. What I liked is that each legendary has its own sort of symbolism/representation, which made them seem more like gods like the ones in Greek culture. Both Darkrai and Cresselia represent the phases of the moon and nightmares or good dreams respectively, Shaymin represents gratitude, Heatran represents the core, Regigigas the continents, the lake guardians represent emotion, knowledge and willpower... and much more. It would have been cool if there were "shrines" throughout Sinnoh for each of the legendaries. I didn't really understand what Manaphy and Phione are supposed to represent though, and the fact that it isn't clear as to what their significance is kinda ruins the whole symbol thing to me, but it doesn't really bother me. :/

As for my favorite legendary, I like Shaymin, Dialga and Cresselia. :) If we're counting Johto legends, then I also like Suicune, Ho-oh and Lugia.

there is no fire like passion
Old April 17th, 2016 (5:08 AM).

I like the idea of 5 to 6 legendary Pokemon. You get your trio, your duo and you're Mew analogue. I don't think you need anymore of that, personally.

There's 14 legendary Pokemon Gen IV!!! I looked it up a second ago because I forgot a lot of them (and I get Dialga and Palkia mixed up with Resharim and Zekrom). I can't believe there's so many.

I like Azelf, Cresselia and Shaymin's land form. Other than that I'm not a big fan of any of the other's designs.

Friend Code: 5258-0954-7742 John
Friend Safari: Electric: Dedenne Helioptile Zebstrika
Innovator of the Drunklocke.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links