The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Meowth! Scrafty Persuasion Tactics!!"
Air Date: 18/08/2011

Last edited by Mew~; August 14th, 2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Is that a Scrafty I see there? Maybe Ash has two pokemon evolved by then. Guess this confirms Kenyan will be in the Tournament. The guy behind Iris looks pretty badass, wonder if he will play a part in the tournament. If Meowth is away from TR he will be back with them soon more then likely.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Well, someone on bmgf said the summary said something about Meowth joining Ash and having a role of Pokémon negotiator? I don't know if they're right but it sounds like a good plot, but this does seem to be another team rocket break up episode.

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Some people were speculating between Snivy and Emolga. Who knows. Either way I see Meowth only being gone temporarily.

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Pokemon_Hero

Man, shouldn't they already be in the gym battle? They are in the city for 5 eps without even meeting the gym leader.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Hero View Post
Man, shouldn't they already be in the gym battle? They are in the city for 5 eps without even meeting the gym leader.
Well, this is episode 45. So far we've only seen spoilers for episode 41. They could of had the Gym battle during 42/43/44 but it looks like that tournament will last a while, probably taking up 42/43 so they probably haven't battled. 44 maybe the gym battle or an evolution episode, since Scrafty can be seen behind Meowth on that picture it's safe to say that Ash's has evolved. :)
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

since Scrafty can be seen behind Meowth on that picture it's safe to say that Ash's has evolved.
I wouldn't go that far yet, it could easily be a wild Scrafty - even a Leavanny can be seen also but either way it would be cool. Though it would be cool if it wasn't Ash's scrafty and more of a development episode with Scraggy, maybe Meowth talking to it and seeing why it's always in such a bad mood. Though then again, it could evolve, turn all manic and Meowth could talk to it. Gosh, I just like to go crazy with these theories. xD

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Pokemon_Hero

Quote:

Well, this is episode 45. So far we've only seen spoilers for episode 41. They could of had the Gym battle during 42/43/44 but it looks like that tournament will last a while, probably taking up 42/43 so they probably haven't battled. 44 maybe the gym battle or an evolution episode, since Scrafty can be seen behind Meowth on that picture it's safe to say that Ash's has evolved.
No, BW041-44 are tournament eps. So the gym battle is maybe BW46-47.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
We don't know this. For all we know Elesa may be a special guest at the tournament. And this isn't as bad as previous generations breaks between gyms I mean it's only been 20 episodes. We don't know if they get the match done between episodes or not.

As for Scrafty it looks rather menacing. Like some people said maybe a Plasma spy instead of Ashs.

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
No, BW041-44 are tournament eps. So the gym battle is maybe BW46-47.
Well then. You know why the gym battle hasn't been yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

I wouldn't go that far yet, it could easily be a wild Scrafty - even a Leavanny can be seen also but either way it would be cool. Though it would be cool if it wasn't Ash's scrafty and more of a development episode with Scraggy, maybe Meowth talking to it and seeing why it's always in such a bad mood. Though then again, it could evolve, turn all manic and Meowth could talk to it. Gosh, I just like to go crazy with these theories. xD
I noticed that the Scrafty in that picture doesn't have the top part of it's head. >: Hang on, I mean the red thing. <_< It doesn't have one at all, so it can't even be shiny. \: Unless it's just an error color... I am intrigued to see what Meowth has to do with this.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:

I noticed that the Scrafty in that picture doesn't have the top part of it's head. >: Hang on, I mean the red thing. <_< It doesn't have one at all, so it can't even be shiny. \: Unless it's just an error color... I am intrigued to see what Meowth has to do with this.
Do you mean the mohawk? Well it's hoodie is covering it.

/Just noticed this is the first TR centered episode in best wishes.

Last edited by Mew~; June 16th, 2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:

Do you mean the mohawk? Well it's hoodie is covering it.

/Just noticed this is the first TR centered episode in best wishes.
Ohmydayswhatithasahoodie?!

I did not know that. ;; I wonder why it has it up? Maybe if it Ash's it runs away? That house looks abandoned, so maybe it's just hiding in there and then hear's Meowth plotting something against Ash/Cilan/Iris?
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Scrafty has had a hoodie as part of it's body since it's creation. So this really isn't anything new, just we haven't seen it use it.

I am leaning for Scrafty to be doing the latter pending it is actually Ashs.

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:18 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I don't want it to be another Meowth plots some thing behind Ash/friends back type of episode. At least let it be Meowth actually wanting to join, give it a little some thing different. It would be nice if Best Wishes tried some thing new and really had Meowth joined for more than just an episode or some thing.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Doesn't sound like one of those episodes that Meowth is plotting something behind their back. Unlike past tiffs between the Trio I don't think he was actually fired from his job. It may run 3-4 with Meowth in the group.

Old June 18th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Ducklighter
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
I just read this on bulbapedia. I'm not sure how reliable the source is though.

Quote:
The magazine scans further confirmed that Don George's Don Battle will be a four-episode tournament and is expected to end in the 44th episode of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! scheduled to air on August 11, 2011. Bel (Bianca), Cabernet (Burgundy), Kenyan, Langley and Shooty (Trip) will participate in the tournament along with Satoshi (Ash Ketchum), Iris and Dent (Cilan). The detail regarding the fixtures have not been revealed yet except a battle in between Shooty and Dent has been confirmed.

Aside from the characters, a Dageki (Sawk) will make its anime debut, and is expected to have a battle against Iris's Emonga (Emolga) in the tournament.
Scheduled for August 18, the 45th episode will be focused on Nyarth (Meowth) and his departure from Rocket-dan (Team Rocket). A Zuruzukin (Scrafty) will also appear in the same episode.
Reading this, I'm pretty excited to see the battle between Cilan and Trip because they're obviously great battlers already but I hope they don't dumb down Cilan to make way for the amazing Trip, to boost how strong he's getting. I want to see Cilan became a rival in Trip's eyes also. I just love the idea of Trip seeing those two as rivals, because it adds a bit of spice to the series where they come across Trip again and obviously Ash is raving for a battle but then Trip is more concerned in beating Cilan. It's just me hoping for some flares.

Perhaps Burgundy gets to battle with Ash and if that's correct, I can just see alot of trash talk coming from her during the battle which will make Ash angry and perhaps he loses to her because of it. I can just see Burgundy using that tactic in battle. I could be wrong, obviously. I honestly can't see Trip making it to the final, I don't know why though. He just doesn't seem to be that important to the tournament for me but he could also be beat by someone else. I'm hoping Kenyan or Langley. Perhaps showing he's not all that stronger and makes for evening the field that all Ash's rivals have a certain upper hand on one another.

I think it's also okay to confirm that the gym battle won't happen until later on in the series since it'll last four episodes and then there's a filler (which I think is great since it helps us get to know more about the companions of ash and other people in this new region, as oppose to him with preexisting ones whom we know everything about.) Someone mentioned that they'd be putting it in 46-48, I don't know. I have this theory that the gym leader will come across this tournament and notice Ash. Perhaps an episode after the fillers, maybe 45/46?

I am loving the fact that they'll be a Meowth episode. I'm going to own up and say that I always raved about seeing less of Team Rocket but now I want to see more of their badass selves so this will be a welcome appearance. I really want to see how powerful Meowth has become since they've gotten a power boost. It's sad that he's departed from TR but I want to see how they handle it. I'm guessing he messes up an operation and Giovanni orders him out. I just can't see Jessie/James doing that since they've grown attached to him and in the past, they just come running back for him. But things change, I guess. I want to see some growth for him. Perhaps Ash or something uses him in battle against the wild Scrafty? I'm also hoping it is a wild Scrafty, just so Ash's Scraggy could watch him and develop because I think it's a little early on since we can dig a little deeper and discover the Pokemon that Ash has before moving on. Perhaps he evolves then or something.

I expect great things from this episode.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Wrong thread ^

I wonder if Meowth actually leaves or gets fired. D:

I would love it if he leaves for quite a long time, going on his own terms and probably starting an organisation of his own? Or just doing the evil team stuff on his own. Or I'm probably just going too far.

The Meowth Balloon should come back this episode. :D

Last edited by Mew~; June 18th, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Ducklighter

Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
Quote:
Wrong thread ^

I wonder if Meowth actually leaves or gets fired. D:

I would love it if he leaves for quite a long time, going on his own terms and probably starting an organisation of his own? Or just doing the evil team stuff on his own. Or I'm probably just going too far.

The Meowth Balloon should come back this episode. :D
Here's what I think should happen.

Meowth should leave Team Rocket because he wants different things. Perhaps his goal is to capture Pikachu or something again? I don't know but if he were booted out, then that would spur him on to making his own evil schemes up. Perhaps his goal would consist of capturing Pikachu. Maybe he'll become a small time crook and he keeps bumping into Ash and the gang because lets face it, i'm sure we all miss him.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If Meowth chooses to leave Team Rocket on his own, which has been done numerous times before, then it's inevitable that he'd go back. However, if he were to actually get fired, then that could lead to a different story. Possibly having him travel with Ash and Co for a few episodes over and later being welcomed back to Team Rocket (because it's bound to happen) after helping them and showing that he belonged.

Another theory, a bit darker though, would be working from the inside. Acting out as if he had quit Team Rocket for good or playing upon getting fired, joining Ash and Co only to be working for Team Rocket, but sinking into Ash and the rest of the gang's trust to pull off a scheme. I would actually like to see this, possibly seeing Team Rocket succeed at a mission of their own - it doesn't necessarily have to be stealing Pikachu, but obtaining something of value for Giovanni - rather than the normal "Leave Team Rocket, rejoin Team Rocket" antic we've seen in the past.

Regardless, it should be an interesting episode given we haven't had one focus on the trio as of yet in Black and White.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I was thinking more along the lines of him going onto his own path or a while, probably getting involved in the TR vs TP thing, I could even see him stealing the Light/Dark stone.

Edit; Summary says he gets fired.

Last edited by Mew~; June 18th, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Ducklighter

So, he is going to be fired. Good. It's good he'll be dismissed from Team Rocket and like Mew said, I hope it's for a long period of time and then only asked to be invited if he had a hand at defeating Team Plasma. That could obviously span over 2 more seasons at least. XD
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

As far as Meowth goes I see him getting fired, he stays with Ash and Co. for 3-4 episodes they reconcile with Meowth he is back with them. I am not overly concerned with Meowth as I am with the Tournament.

I am probably the only one that hopes Trip destroys Cilan. I don't see the point in Ash main rival losing in the first round. I think Sawk either belongs to Lance Jr., Kenyan, or Langley. I would also like to see Ash destroying Burgundy cause of the way she treated his pokes in BW019. His Oshawott beats down her Dewott and evolves(a guy can only hope). I got a feeling the guy that looks like Lance will win, that way Trip or Ash won't win and maybe he will show up in the league as well. Either way I hope Ash gets another rival out of this tournament since there seems to be plenty of strong trainers taking part in this. And so much for the theory that Scrafty is Ash's.

Old June 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Twiggity Twang
Ruler of the Ice Boundary

Nature: Modest
Meowth....Honestly, I could care less what happens with him. It'll probably be just like "For the Love of Meowth" all over again.

Now, the tournament and such...That sawk totally PWNing Emolga is most likely Kenyan's. Why? Because Iris and Kenyan seem like good rivals, and I doubt that Langley's beautiful self would be going up against her again so soon. The Cilan and Trip situation intrigues me, and I believe Cilan will defeat him rather easily...Like "Casting a Paul on Barry". Then, seeing Ash going up against either Cabernet or Langley would be cool. He could take down Cabernet early in the tourney with Swadloon/Leavanny, Scraggy, and Snivy, the three I felt had the biggest impact in the situation with her in BW019. Then, Ash loses to Langley later on, since her Beartic has been shown to be very strong, and the only chance Ash has against that (an possibly the rest of her team) is to use Pikachu, Swadloon/Leavanny, and Palpitoad. And even then, I'm not too sure. Now, I think Cilan, Langley, or that new kid who looks like Lance will win the whole thing. Cilan is a Gym Leader, after all; Langley is Langley, 'nuff said; and that new kid probably has something pretty kickass. All in all, I'm looking forward to this.

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:49 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

It would be silly if Dento beat Trip easy, he's supposed to be Ash's rival not Dento's. It would make the rivalry between Ash and Trip at least a bit more intresting if they both made it the finale round, have Trip loose to some one in that round and Ash beat that guy. Than again, Trip would maybe find Ash more of a threat. If Dento knocks him out right away, what would that proove? Still, odd that they choose Dento as one of the first few people to battle.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I agree I don't see why they would need to or it happen that Cilan beats down Trip. It seems Ash main rivals have taken a lose and have it change them Gary with Giovanni and Mewtwo and Paul getting swept by Garchomp and then losing to Brandon's Regi's. I don't see this being the moment where Trip takes a major lose. Maybe he battles Alder on Route 5 and gets destroyed or have him battle Ash on Route 5 and he loses to Ash in front of Alder. I think Iris will face either Kenyan or the Lance look alike in the first round with the Sawk. I really don't see Ash losing to Langley, yes Beartic may be strong but he has got some counters in Tepig & Roggenrola. I don't see how Leavanny has any more chance the the two mentioned previously yes Ice is Super Effective against Roggenrola, but Rock is also Super Effective again Ice. Whereas Leavanny has no super effective moves against it. I'd have to see more out of Palpitoad to convince me of anything. It did lose to Oshawott after all.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links