The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:51 PM
KinKage
Golden Shadow

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
Seems like this hack is looking at a bright future. I'll give the beta a shot
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I've done some remapping of Lilac City (and a little of Indigo Hills).

And, as you can see, I've added Rock Climb and scalable walls.

Flash's HM was replaced, and the Rock Climb HM requires no badge to be used.
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM
dsgamer1993

This is looking REALLY good! Can't wait to try out the beta
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
trick1234

Nature: Careful
Here are some glitches I found.

Glitches:
1st My Torchic was turned into a Lotad sometime between the 1st rival battle and getting the sapphires.
2nd losing to anybody in the cave where you get the sapphires leads to a poke center where your character is stuck running.
3rd It is small but when leaving Teal Bridge you get teleported directly to town instead of going through the little building.
4th I taught my Duskull expolsion which Isn't something it should be able to learn I think.

Side Note: I know there is a chikorita in this grass next to Teal village I encountered it ran out of pokeballs then had to defeat it. So I then spammed the grass for around 3 hours just trying to find it again so I could catch it but to no avail I just ended up with a team of level 27-31s. Just one more thing I replaced my Torchic with Reguran as my main Pokemon

Last edited by trick1234; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
awipe1

This ROM looks so cool!

I thnk the berry juice idea is a nice touch!

If you have good gameplay, you will definitly have me playing this ROM till the very end.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgamer1993 View Post
This is looking REALLY good! Can't wait to try out the beta
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick1234 View Post
1st My Torchic was turned into a Lotad sometime between the 1st rival battle and getting the sapphires.
That was likely because of the SideSys sidequests. It should be fixed.
Quote:
2nd losing to anybody in the cave where you get the sapphires leads to a poke center where your character is stuck running.
That doesn't happen for me.
Quote:
3rd It is small but when leaving Teal Bridge you get teleported directly to town instead of going through the little building.
Fixed.
Quote:
4th I taught my Duskull expolsion which Isn't something it should be able to learn I think.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
This ROM looks so cool!

I thnk the berry juice idea is a nice touch!

If you have good gameplay, you will definitly have me playing this ROM till the very end.
Thanks.

Just a little thing I've been working on. It's a pseudo-gym kind of like the Dojo in RBY. All the trainers inside have Smeargles with varying movesets (much like the Painter class in FRLG). You win a prize for beating the master artist, Master Vince. It is in the remapped Redburg Town.

I've been doing a lot of remapping and just general tweaks, so if you redownload, I'd suggest you start anew.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM
nico/n

looking like its gonna be a great game keep up the good work
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

I've finished adding in the fourth gym, in Fallarbor Town. It's a Ground-type Gym, and the leader is Garnet.

The puzzle involves multiple rooms with orbs that unlock doors.

For beating Garnet, you get the Gem Badge which lets you use Strength out of battle, and you get the new TM21, Earth Power.

I've also remapped Corona Cave.

You can download the newest patch to have access to this.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; August 28th, 2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Is "Gem badge" sounded like "Gym badge"?
Probably is was only me. Good work, I'll be waiting for the final release
and I'll try it myself for sure. It's been a long time since I play one again.
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

Nature: Naughty
What version is this up to? Is it just Beta 1. Also when i played this the catacombs were REALLY glitched. There were random tiles, you could not see where you were going or where the other trainers were. It also strained my eyes to that point. I really like this hack and i want to progress, but that glitch has made me stop. Please fix it ASAP.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, I just reached the catacombs and there were glitched tree tiles EVERYWHERE. I also downloaded the latest beta. I can't really progress since I don't know where I'm going. :/ Nice hack though. While I was trying to find my way through on the glitched floor a found a Croagunk! :D
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L96 View Post
Is "Gem badge" sounded like "Gym badge"?
Probably is was only me. Good work, I'll be waiting for the final release
and I'll try it myself for sure. It's been a long time since I play one again.
That's a weird pun but it wasn't intended. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern123 View Post
What version is this up to? Is it just Beta 1. Also when i played this the catacombs were REALLY glitched. There were random tiles, you could not see where you were going or where the other trainers were. It also strained my eyes to that point. I really like this hack and i want to progress, but that glitch has made me stop. Please fix it ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
Yeah, I just reached the catacombs and there were glitched tree tiles EVERYWHERE. I also downloaded the latest beta. I can't really progress since I don't know where I'm going. :/ Nice hack though. While I was trying to find my way through on the glitched floor a found a Croagunk! :D
Oh wow I didnt even notice that. That wasn't like that before. You can redownload (you might need to start again) and it'll all be fine.

There's also going to be Quiver Dance and Close Combat in that patch.
Old August 28th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

Well, the glitch was still there but i managed to get through the catacombs, just letting you know. I saw that i should not open the dex until i get the elemental monkeys. What ARE the elemental monkeys? Are they parnpour, pansear, and pansage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
I found several of them but didn't catch them. Instead i found a Riolu.

Here is something you should improve in your next update Sperical Ice. When talking to people i noticed that the text box ends without the A or B button. I really want to read what people have to say. If you could please fix this.

Last edited by DrFuji; August 29th, 2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well, the glitch was still there but i managed to get through the catacombs, just letting you know.
Um, I'm guessing you didn't restart? Delete your .sav and it will be fixed.

Quote:
I saw that i should not open the dex until i get the elemental monkeys. What ARE the elemental monkeys? Are they parnpour, pansear, and pansage?
Where did you get that idea from?

Quote:
Here is something you should improve in your next update Sperical Ice. When talking to people i noticed that the text box ends without the A or B button. I really want to read what people have to say. If you could please fix this.
I don't encounter this except for signposts really.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; August 29th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

Huh, well. The elemental monkeys were from some other hack sorry. I did delete the .sav and it was still there. Also there is a gold poke ball that requires cut after you get the second gym badge. It asked me to cut the poke ball and it froze there. Just letting you know. Sorry if i am being a bother with all of this.
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Quote:
Huh, well. The elemental monkeys were from some other hack sorry. I did delete the .sav and it was still there. Also there is a gold poke ball that requires cut after you get the second gym badge. It asked me to cut the poke ball and it froze there. Just letting you know. Sorry if i am being a bother with all of this.
Sounds like a patching error. Search for the ROM 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) and try again
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

Okay thanks. I also have a questions about 2 pokemon. Does tribbug evolve? and what is the encounter rate for the black and purple bug type pokemon(forgot its name but a bug catcher said it was the fastest in Felith)?

By the way, This is my new favorite hack. Before this was Pokemon Snakewood. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to new betas.

Last edited by DrFuji; August 29th, 2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Quote:
Okay thanks. I also have a questions about 2 pokemon. Does tribbug evolve? and what is the encounter rate for the black and purple bug type pokemon(forgot its name but a bug catcher said it was the fastest in Felith)?
Tribbug has a personality evolution at level 13 into either Reguran, a physical attacker, or Higantia, a special attacker. Esperug has a 1% encounter rate in Indigo Forest and a 5% encounter rate in Red Way.

Quote:
By the way, This is my new favorite hack. Before this was Pokemon Snakewood. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to new betas.
Thanks!

I just discovered that Corona Cave is game breaking. Please redownload, it's been fixed.

edit And I've just found a few more problems, though not as severe, but please redownload anyway. I've also added a Fakemon-less patch to the download post.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; August 29th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Zebz213
Travelling Insomniac

Nature: Modest
This is probably the best progressing hack I've seen in a while :D!

White 2 FC: 3955-5631-8786
Add my FC if you want to battle, trade, or just hang out.

Last edited by Zebz213; August 31st, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

Question: Even though this is a pretty dumb question. How do you redownload? Do i just download this hack again and delete my previous save state?
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Quote:
Question: Even though this is a pretty dumb question. How do you redownload? Do i just download this hack again and delete my previous save state?
Download the hack again, delete the .gba file, get a clean FireRed ROM, and patch it using the new patch you redownloaded.
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

All right, so do i use NUPS or LIPS? I am guessing NUPS correct?
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Yes, that's why I included it in the download
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Wyvern123
Hacker, Fanfic Writer

Okay thanks, testing it out.

I am in the catacombs and no glitched trees. Thanks for the help. I support your hack all the way.

I have found a little problem. The garden center in your hometown. I try to talk to the lady that gives you the seel potion but i cant talk to her. I press A and i get the beeps but thats it. It like she isn't there.

Last edited by DrFuji; August 29th, 2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Please save state outside of Alyssa's garden centre, then redownload, and it should be fixed.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here