The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:57 AM
pokewalker's Avatar
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Surprised there hasn't been made one yet lol. So, this place is basically about Christians. If you are Christians and believe in Christ, the Holy Spirit and God, please join :D Otherwise shut up xD



The Pokécommunity Christian Group

Rules:
Spoiler:


-All Pokécommunity rules.
-Doesn't matter what kind of Christian you are, just join either if you are Eastern-Orthodox or Catholic or whatever.
-No trolling about our religion. All trolling about our religion will get reported to the Pokécommunity staff.
-You can only join if you are Christian, but of course, you may ask questions about the religion.


Members:


Banners:
Spoiler:



PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254915"][title="Click to go to the club. Banner made by Bluerang1"][IMG]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/bluerang1/PCG.png[/IMG][/title][/URL] 


Questions:
Spoiler:

What are you? As in sort of Christian. Catholic, (like me), Protestant, etc...
What do you think of the Vatican?

There will be added new questions soon. You may of course think of your own questions and share them here!


Peace to all, and may God be with you!
__________________

Last edited by pokewalker; July 7th, 2011 at 04:04 AM.
  #2    
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Kevin's Avatar
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 15
Gender: Male
I'm a Christian, so why not join? (:

What are you?
A Baptist.
__________________
  #3    
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Åzurε's Avatar
Åzurε
Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Okay, sure I'll join.

As far as denomination, I'm Church of Christ. The label doesn't mean much to me personally, though.
__________________
Back from the Hidden Land~
My Pokemon tabletop RPG project. Looking for feedback and ideas!
  #4    
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Xyrin's Avatar
Xyrin
Furret
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern Indiana, USA
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I guess I'll join. We're old regular baptists.
__________________

Furret


The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
  #5    
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:32 AM
pokewalker's Avatar
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Everything is updated! :D And a big welcome to the new members
__________________
  #6    
Old June 18th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Hassan_Abdillah's Avatar
Hassan_Abdillah
Wayfarer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Asia, but then again a wayfarer is not very earthbound
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
I'm not a Christian, so obviously can't join. But I find religious discussions to be almost always beneficial. Especially in today's day and age.

I would not post, but will be keeping up with what is said in this thread if God wills.
__________________
Asked the Liberal: "What vanity prevents you from adopting Liberal values?"
I said: "What Liberal value isn't based on vanity?"

Asked the Conservative (Republican): “Why don’t you assimilate into our culture?”
I said: “Because your culture demands assimilation”.

Said the Democrat: “The majority must rule.”
I said: “But what will rule the majority?”

Said the Neo-Conservative: “I believe we are the superior Civilization”.
I said: “That's what makes you an inferior Civilization”.

Said the Pragmatist: "Always choose the lesser of two evils".
I said: "Then your choices will always be evil".
  #7    
Old June 18th, 2011, 03:42 AM
FrostPheonix's Avatar
FrostPheonix
Eternity.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bored-topia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I'd like to join!

Also, I'm Catholic, even if I don't agree to some aspects of it's teaching.
  #8    
Old June 18th, 2011, 03:45 AM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
I was so thinking of making this thread, but of course I'll join.

Roman Catholic here
  #9    
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:10 AM
pokewalker's Avatar
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan_Abdillah View Post
I'm not a Christian, so obviously can't join. But I find religious discussions to be almost always beneficial. Especially in today's day and age.

I would not post, but will be keeping up with what is said in this thread if God wills.
But you do believe in God? So if you do believe in Him, you can of course join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
I'd like to join!

Also, I'm Catholic, even if I don't agree to some aspects of it's teaching.
Ok you're added. And yeah, I'm Catholic cos my parents decided; but still I don't always 100% agree with it, e.g. that priests can't get married. But still I don't like the Protestant church; just only Catholic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
I was so thinking of making this thread, but of course I'll join.

Roman Catholic here
Haha I was also surprised nothing was made yet. xD

Everything is updated! And new question;

What do you think of the Vatican?
Myself I think they just need to shut up with their condom things and stuff; cos that just doesnt make any sense. For the rest, I think they're ok.

Edit: lol, this is post Nr 6699999! xD
__________________
  #10    
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:56 AM
chef30's Avatar
chef30
Great Scott!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere inbetween 1985 and 2015, I think...
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Hi, I'm a christian, and I am very proud of it! I would like to join as well!

I am a baptist.

And I'm also competing in the Bible bee. It's like a spelling bee, but you have to memorize 500 verses, and get tested on the book of 1 Peter. It's so much fun!

The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent.
Exodus 14:14
__________________
  #11    
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hassan_Abdillah's Avatar
Hassan_Abdillah
Wayfarer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Asia, but then again a wayfarer is not very earthbound
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Quote:
But you do believe in God? So if you do believe in Him, you can of course join!
If that's the criterion for joining, I'll be more than willing to join. No point missing out on religion.

However, just the mere belief in God doesn't make someone a Christian now does it? I believe in God, and I believe in the fact that a man by the name of Jesus (peace be upon him) came to Nazareth as a messenger from God to show them the straight path. As far as Im concerned though, to be a Christian you have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior i.e. that he died for our sins. I don't believe that. If you're still willing to take me in, I will of course join.
__________________
Asked the Liberal: "What vanity prevents you from adopting Liberal values?"
I said: "What Liberal value isn't based on vanity?"

Asked the Conservative (Republican): “Why don’t you assimilate into our culture?”
I said: “Because your culture demands assimilation”.

Said the Democrat: “The majority must rule.”
I said: “But what will rule the majority?”

Said the Neo-Conservative: “I believe we are the superior Civilization”.
I said: “That's what makes you an inferior Civilization”.

Said the Pragmatist: "Always choose the lesser of two evils".
I said: "Then your choices will always be evil".
  #12    
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:02 AM
hiff8's Avatar
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Kool i'll join im Catholic, this is pretty ironic cause my pastor was talking about how pokemon were satanic the other day, im not even kidding anyone care to comment
__________________
My friend code for Y/3ds: 3222-6867-7895
  #13    
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM
pokewalker's Avatar
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef30 View Post
Hi, I'm a christian, and I am very proud of it! I would like to join as well!

I am a baptist.

And I'm also competing in the Bible bee. It's like a spelling bee, but you have to memorize 500 verses, and get tested on the book of 1 Peter. It's so much fun!

The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent.
Exodus 14:14
Cool! Souns fun Will probably try it when I finish school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan_Abdillah View Post
If that's the criterion for joining, I'll be more than willing to join. No point missing out on religion.

However, just the mere belief in God doesn't make someone a Christian now does it? I believe in God, and I believe in the fact that a man by the name of Jesus (peace be upon him) came to Nazareth as a messenger from God to show them the straight path. As far as Im concerned though, to be a Christian you have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior i.e. that he died for our sins. I don't believe that. If you're still willing to take me in, I will of course join.
From what I get out of your words you do believe in God only you don't believe that Jesus died to save us. Well, if that is, you can join I guess. I was first like that too; I didn't know what was the truth. But now I believe in God with everything I got :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
Kool i'll join im Catholic, this is pretty ironic cause my pastor was talking about how pokemon were satanic the other day, im not even kidding anyone care to comment
Really? :o But still if it was why would there be so many people who play pokémon believe in God; I mean just look at the SPPf Christian Alliance, there are thousands of posts there and hundreds of members. xD I think your pastor had it wrong this time.

And I'll update the Member section later when I get time.
__________________
  #14    
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
FrostPheonix's Avatar
FrostPheonix
Eternity.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bored-topia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
What do you think of the Vatican?

As I am not very familiar with differences between different sects of christianity, I am not sure what the people over there talk abt . What I do think abt it tho is that the pope has some wierd laws. Why shouldn't priests marry? Peter (the first pope?) married...
  #15    
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hassan_Abdillah's Avatar
Hassan_Abdillah
Wayfarer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Asia, but then again a wayfarer is not very earthbound
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Quote:
From what I get out of your words you do believe in God only you don't believe that Jesus died to save us. Well, if that is, you can join I guess. I was first like that too; I didn't know what was the truth. But now I believe in God with everything I got :D
Yeah I would definitely like to Join.
__________________
Asked the Liberal: "What vanity prevents you from adopting Liberal values?"
I said: "What Liberal value isn't based on vanity?"

Asked the Conservative (Republican): “Why don’t you assimilate into our culture?”
I said: “Because your culture demands assimilation”.

Said the Democrat: “The majority must rule.”
I said: “But what will rule the majority?”

Said the Neo-Conservative: “I believe we are the superior Civilization”.
I said: “That's what makes you an inferior Civilization”.

Said the Pragmatist: "Always choose the lesser of two evils".
I said: "Then your choices will always be evil".
  #16    
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:32 PM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Do you guys attend church regularly.
  #17    
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:26 AM
Cartmic's Avatar
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jaymore City, Crion
Gender: Male
I'm a Christian.

I believe:
- the bible is the inspired word of God.
- in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as one God.
- if you truly seek Jesus with all your heart he will reveal himself to you.
- in the Gifts of the Spirit.
- that Jesus died and rose physically.
- that through Jesus I can have relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
Kool i'll join im Catholic, this is pretty ironic cause my pastor was talking about how pokemon were satanic the other day, im not even kidding anyone care to comment
Sounds like he needs to read 1 Corinthians 10:23:
All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.[NKJV]

As long as it does not take your attention off Christ leading you to drift away you're fine. That is unless the Holy Spirit specifically tells you not to be involved with such things.
  #18    
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Gulpin's Avatar
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I'm Roman Catholic over here!
I'd love to join this club :D
My family attends church once a week, at whatever time we can. Sometimes it is 7:30 on Sunday, others 4:00, 5:00, or 6:00 Saturday/Sunday, just depending on when we don't have anything conflicting.
__________________
< < < I know you want these lumps
  #19    
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:51 AM
zZJoennZz's Avatar
zZJoennZz
What da!?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: alpha world line
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to zZJoennZz
Joining.
What are you? As in sort of Christian. Catholic, (like me), Protestant, etc...
I'm Catholic.
__________________

...mehehehe
  #20    
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Stoney the Mewtwo's Avatar
Stoney the Mewtwo
The original powerhouse!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: As a Mewtwo, I go where I want!
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
I'll join.
I have been a christian since birth, but I don't know what type of christian I am...
__________________
Yet another fine sigature from lucariojon!
  #21    
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
poopnate
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
I am not Christian, but I do enjoy Religious Debate. I don't want to join, but I might keep an eye on the thread if I get bored. I don't bash on Christians, but I WOULD like to have debates/discussion. Feel free to say no and I will go away.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtism View Post
Then I now pronounce you man and Pokemon. You may kiss the Meloetta.
Current Challenges:

Nuzlocke SoulSilver


Completed Challenges:

None
  #22    
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Cartmic's Avatar
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jaymore City, Crion
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney the Togekiss View Post
I'll join.
I have been a christian since birth, but I don't know what type of christian I am...
It is not my right to question your salvation, but does this mean that you personally accepted Jesus Christ into your life as soon as you left your mothers womb?

You're either a Christian or not a Christian, there aren’t different types.
  #23    
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM
FrostPheonix's Avatar
FrostPheonix
Eternity.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bored-topia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnate View Post
I am not Christian, but I do enjoy Religious Debate. I don't want to join, but I might keep an eye on the thread if I get bored. I don't bash on Christians, but I WOULD like to have debates/discussion. Feel free to say no and I will go away.
what i do in the atheists alliance .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmic View Post
It is not my right to question your salvation, but does this mean that you personally accepted Jesus Christ into your life as soon as you left your mothers womb?

You're either a Christian or not a Christian, there aren’t different types.
lol, i think he means that he's christian ever since he can remember, and his parents taught him the doctrine of God. thats how it was for me, only i really accepted christ in middle school.
  #24    
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Missingno.7-4468's Avatar
Missingno.7-4468
The Kazuka Party is for curry!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nowhere and everywhere at the same time
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
Non-denominational Christian who prefers to go by the values set forth by the reformers themselves rather than any set by modern churches. Of course I'd like to join!

Anyway, I've been raised as a Christian my entire life, went through the whole doubt period at a rather early age (10-11, as opposed to the usual 14+). Been through a lot of "little miracles" myself, causing my faith to be that much stronger in our Lord and Savior ~
__________________

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
  #25    
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Stoney the Mewtwo's Avatar
Stoney the Mewtwo
The original powerhouse!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: As a Mewtwo, I go where I want!
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
lol, i think he means that he's christian ever since he can remember, and his parents taught him the doctrine of God. thats how it was for me, only i really accepted christ in middle school.
Like this dude said.
But I live with my GRANDparents, since my mom made some bad choices.
& I can't remember ever doubting the existence of God...
__________________
Yet another fine sigature from lucariojon!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.