Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page "Dancing With The Ducklett Trio" Review Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old June 18th, 2011 (07:20 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quite a few things happened within this one episode, wouldn't you say? We had some training, mischief, sight of an old friend, a new move, rivalry, and even the first evolution of the series. On top of everything though, was I the only one to notice the difference in Pikachu's animation and art? Something about it just seemed... different.

Now, compared to the episode from two weeks ago, "Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest," I thought this episode was my second favorite of the Black and White series thus far. The aforementioned title had a lot of friendly bonding, newer knowledge and work to capture one Pokémon, which made it a touching episode in the sense. This episode, however, brought in a bit of mischief and comedy with the Ducklett Trio. Personally, I loved it. I always liked Ducklett as a Pokémon before, but after today, I just love it even more. I really liked the fact that there was three of them causing trouble. Each splitting up the group and later regrouping them back again. I guess you could say it brought in a bit of individual chemistry between Ash and Co. Honestly though, they were just too funny.

I really liked seeing Sandile again, and I don't think we've seen the last of him either regardless of the fact that he evolved. I'm still keeping my finger's crossed on a late capture too, because as it shows, he's got great chemistry with Ash and Pikachu. Also, was there a little foreshadowing when Nurse Joy said that all of his [Ash's] Pokémon were all better? A little bit of a hint that Ash will soon claim the now, Krokorok, as his own in the near or far future, perhaps.

Speaking of Pikachu, he learned a new move [finally]! What did Cilan say it was again? Electro Ball? ...Yes, that's it. At first I was thinking Zap Cannon, but this is a new generation and that's a pretty old move. Anyway, I thought it was about time Pikachu learned a new move, and I liked how quick Ash learned to use it as a way to deflect Krokorok's Stone Edge; very smart on Ash's part.

Oh, and right before it cut to commercial, I was laughing when Scraggy walked up to give Sandile a Headbutt, but then Oshawott swooped in and pulled him away. I could only imagine how hurt Sandile would have been after all he went through at that point to only get headbutted after.

Overall, a pretty good episode. I never watched it in Japanese, so I guess that's why I might have enjoyed it more today. Also, it's been awhile since I did one of these threads, and being a little put off by the past review threads we've had, I thought I'd try my hand at one again. This time with more than just a title, picture, and asking people for their thoughts, but a little something more than that called, effort. :P

Oh, and if you couldn't tell, throughout this entire episode I was wishfully thinking that Ash would do so well with Pokémon like Ducklett and Krokorok on his team. Was I the only one?
Old June 18th, 2011 (11:22 AM).
Natural.....

(Pikachu learns electro ball) Ash "Pikachu what was that move"(A Galvantula used that move 3 episodes ago) Cilan "Electro ball" Ash "Electro ball? Iris "You don't know electro ball? What a little kid" Ash "Thanks" (lol?)
Old June 18th, 2011 (10:31 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

Nature: Brave
First of all, I was hoping it was Zap Cannon that Pikachu learned, but I guess in Unova, they call it Electro Ball? lol

I was hoping that Ash would even catch Sandile/Krokorok in the episode, but that never happened. I think it would do pretty well on his team. Ducklett, to be honest, has a weird face in the anime. It just looks like a immobile figure.

Also, Oshawott in this episode.. OMG. I now know which episode this gif came from!

Spoiler:

aka my old sig.
Old June 19th, 2011 (11:40 AM).
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
I actually really liked this episode. Loved the little Duckletts, especially the one in Ash's hat.. just looked plain cute.

I also liked the look of Electro Ball, looks pretty good I didn't like Sandile the first time we seen him (yes I know I'm bad) but now I like him, looks to be a good rival for ol' pika ..and maybe become one of Ash's pokemon at some point down the line.

Somethings also got to be said for the great animation in this episode, it was the best I've seen so far!
Old June 19th, 2011 (09:55 PM).

I am waiting to see this episode.
Old June 19th, 2011 (11:54 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Watching it again in English dubbed, just as funny the second time around. Animation was really good and I really liked the music during the chase scenes. One thing I found intresting though, Ash oddly enough knew all the Ducks attacks, wonder how he knew? Still pretty cool. Felt bad for Pikachu, at least he has a new attack though. Over all, good episode.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 20th, 2011 (05:40 AM).
Natural.....

And at the end of Pikachu and Krokorok battle, Cilan said the battle ended as a Draw even though Pikachu won.
Old June 20th, 2011 (06:13 AM).
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
I feel like this won't be the last time we'll be seeing the Ducklett trio. I loved how they added in the 'blasting off' thing that Team Rocket are so legendary used to. I honestly think they're Unova's own version of JigglyPuff, only more mischievous and there are three of them.

Spoiler:

Was anyone else thinking "oh my god, Ash! Just catch Sandile! CATCH HIM!"? If I hadn't read episodes prior to this one, I would've been convinced he'd catch him. Wishful thinking on my part. I honestly think Sandle/Krokorok could potentially be the Golem of this region.

I liked the fact that Pikachu learnt a new move, it was a much needed boost for Pikachu who should be miles stronger than anyone in his team so this was good. I'm glad they didn't have him struggle to learn the move and focused on it for a couple of episodes because that would've annoying. Right off the bat, he executed that move excellently! Just proof that Ash and Pikachu are in sync. Anyone a bit O.o when Krokorok was sent blasting off without anyone concerned for it? Haha.

Spoiler:

I found the cutest thing about the episode was Oshawott's tantrums after being attacked by the Ducklett's. His tantrum was just probably that little bit that made the episode all that better. I was expecting him to retaliate but he didn't and just was fed up by throwing his clam shell thing and then realise he needs it and waddles off to pick it up.

Spoiler:

Old June 23rd, 2011 (07:04 AM).
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
My notes got deleted Nice episode.

Funny Ducklett.
Sandile is cuter without it's shades.
What did Electroball replace?
OMG I haven't finished watching the episode xD

I just remembered that I stopped shirt because I was tired lol.
Old June 25th, 2011 (01:02 PM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I enjoyed this episode. I loved the use of the game music, including N's farewell, Rival battle and even the japanese music.

Pikachu learning a new move was great, and Sandile evolving. I couldn't stop laughing whilst watching the Ducklett.

Old June 25th, 2011 (05:54 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
My notes got deleted Nice episode.

Funny Ducklett.
Sandile is cuter without it's shades.
What did Electroball replace?
OMG I haven't finished watching the episode xD

I just remembered that I stopped shirt because I was tired lol.
As far as I can tell it replaced Volt Tackle.

As far as the episode goes, like I said in the original topic. I was disappointed Ash did not catch Krokorok, but I am sure there will be more chances down the line. The episode is one of my favorites this saga with a mix of comedy, looking for items, helping a pokemon out, and battling. Love the new evolution animation as well.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 29th, 2011 (05:38 PM).
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I really enjoyed this episode a lot because the Ducklett's were so cute and the things that they have done made them even more adorable. I also loved the surprise when Sandile evolved. The ducklett's impacted me in such a way that i want to use it's final evolution and raise it to level 100

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old August 16th, 2011 (08:50 PM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~:
I really enjoyed this episode a lot because the Ducklett's were so cute and the things that they have done made them even more adorable. I also loved the surprise when Sandile evolved. The ducklett's impacted me in such a way that i want to use it's final evolution and raise it to level 100
Nice quote, although my last post was deleted. Should've used a spoiler tag on those pictures.

I mean, this episode has a great plot despite not watching it yet.

Sponsored Links