The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Vespoid
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Vespoid
Yep, It was fun! Zoroark came to the rescue on several occasions by using foul play to turn warrior rapter's own pokemon attacks against him. But in the end, his Emboar's flare blitz took care of zoroark with one shot...leaving only grass pokemon for him to deal with.

Overall, it was a great experience and I am glad to have had the chance to play against a member of this community. I'll be looking forward to playing again soon.

Last edited by Vespoid; June 25th, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typos.
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:26 PM
LAF
:D

Did you play via webcam or text? I am interested in playing but I do not have a webcam
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
mainly webcam, the only text we did is bc i couldnt find my mic, but trust me, tcgs online r recommended done with webcam or a program, not just text based bc there r so many variations of some cards
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:32 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I recommend having PokeGym's Research Tower open in your browser when you play over Skype or IM. That way you can look up a card quite quickly, and you'll learn the sets better as well, since text sometimes changes on cards that get reprinted.

Last edited by donavannj; June 25th, 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Yougirasu
Beginning Trainer

Can I put my name down for this. I don't actually have a deck at the minute, but with the lax nautre towards rotated cards I could bring back my favorite deck that got rotated just before it could have been successful. I'd be available at most times, but that could change with an upcoming interview and it'd probably be best to have anyone who wants to challenge me to send me a PM rather than me adding my MSN to my account. It's become rather cluttered with inactive/blocked people and whilst I clear it, I'd rather know who's adding me and why.

*trots off to build up a deck*
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Jeremy
Sweetie
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
May I join, sweeties? I don't have a good webcam, but I do have Skype. My deck is alright at the moment.

Facebook Twitter

Old June 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I'll add the both of you to the first post as soon as I get a stable internet connection.
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM
IronManftw
Beginning Trainer

I'm down, I might be using some older cards in my deck though, only because I perfer those. I'll put together a decent deck asap.
My skype is sydneystark. (with the period)
just message me saying you're from pc and ready to play! :D
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManftw View Post
I'm down, I might be using some older cards in my deck though, only because I perfer those. I'll put together a decent deck asap.
My skype is sydneystark. (with the period)
just message me saying you're from pc and ready to play! :D
I'll add you in later when I have more time. You're welcome to start playing other members at any time! ^_^
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:28 AM
cartercr
Sour Kangaroo's best friend!

NOT MODIFIED FORMAT!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sign me up. Contact me through PM's and I will give my IM
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

BW FC: 1463 6132 2390
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartercr View Post
NOT MODIFIED FORMAT!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sign me up. Contact me through PM's and I will give my IM
Okay. Added you into the first post. And I will finally update the standings to account for Vespoid and Warrior Rapter's match.

EDIT: And I may have found a viable play method via www.playtcg.me, which is a part of the BebesSearch website.

Last edited by donavannj; June 29th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Bleak
Beginning Trainer

www.playtcg.me is fantastic. Really great way to play without being required to either own all the cards, or make proxies for them.

Glad to see that pokecommunity is doing more TCG stuff, as well. I may have to drop in a little more often.

"Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson
Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

anyone up for a game over skype?
Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:16 PM
Rocket_Executive
SCIENCE

Nature: Sassy
AHHH this is happening and I had no idea. Ok Donavannj I am down for this, I don't have skype but I guess I could try to figure it out. I'll repost when I do.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Vespoid
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Vespoid
I'll be online for a few hours, so let me know if you wanna get a game going via skype. (currently 4:30pm GMT)
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Jack Kentnon
Derp Trainer

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jack Kentnon Send a message via Skype™ to Jack Kentnon
Holy Crap! Yes please! I'd have to get a skype account, and i haven't played since HGSS Triumphant, but hot damn i'd like to play
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Donavannj, was really a pleasure battling you, the games were (again, going by prizes remaining):

4-0
5-0
5-6
6-3
6-0

Also, something donavann and I got to talking about while battling, here's something everyone could do to help keep track of their cards. It can be done in an spreadsheet document, and the following is a screenshot:

I have a separate sheet for Energy, Trainers (in alphabetical order), Each generation of pokemon (organized in national dex order then by set), and a page for the totals. For some, it might be hard to get a list like this at first, but believe me, it can help with the deck making process, especially when you can go to the list and see how much of everything you have.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Jack Kentnon
Derp Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jack Kentnon Send a message via Skype™ to Jack Kentnon
So i'm Jack_Kenton on skype, and my scedual is as follows:

*ALL TIMES ARE IN MOUNTAIN TIME (US AND CANADA) -7GMT*

Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 pm -3am. Sunday: 2-4pm, then again at 11pm 'till whenever. Monday: 2 pm 'till whenever. MSN is probably the best way to contact me. That's [email protected], or bug me on skype.

Like I said, I havent played since triumphant, but luckly that doesn't seem to matter here.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

@Bleak: Glad to hear someone's vouching for that. I have yet to try it, myself, as I've yet to build a decklist on Bebe's Search to use with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Executive View Post
AHHH this is happening and I had no idea. Ok Donavannj I am down for this, I don't have skype but I guess I could try to figure it out. I'll repost when I do.
You may not need to get a Skype, although I do find it a superior experience to playing over MSN IMs, since you can have witty banter and such. :P

MSN does have the ability to use webcams, last I had checked, though.

And you could play people over various websites and programs. There's a lot more programs out there than there was last I had checked to play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kentnon View Post
Holy Crap! Yes please! I'd have to get a skype account, and i haven't played since HGSS Triumphant, but hot damn i'd like to play
I'll add you in tomorrow. I haven't played at any tournaments since Unleashed was released, myself. n_n;;

Quote:
So i'm Jack_Kenton on skype, and my scedual is as follows:

*ALL TIMES ARE IN MOUNTAIN TIME (US AND CANADA) -7GMT*

Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 pm -3am. Sunday: 2-4pm, then again at 11pm 'till whenever. Monday: 2 pm 'till whenever. MSN is probably the best way to contact me. That's [email protected], or bug me on skype.

Like I said, I havent played since triumphant, but luckly that doesn't seem to matter here.
I'll add in your availability when I add you into the table. The CSS in that first post is a bit annoying at times for me.

Also, if anyone wants to co-host the Get-Together's TCG tournament with me, let me know so I can let Hiroshi Sotomura know. We'll probably use a program or playtcg.me to do the tournament since people won't need to have cards then.
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Samurai★Rocket
Yamato Man

Nature: Serious
I would like to play, but I would rather communicate with email. I swear to be honest.

Last edited by Samurai★Rocket; July 4th, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Jack Kentnon
Derp Trainer

So Vespoid and I just finished a fantastic round of combat. It was a best outta three game. I won round one, he won round two, and i won round three to break the draw.

Allthough I don't remember who took how many prizes, sorry :/
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai★Rocket View Post
I would like to play, but I would rather communicate with email. I swear to be honest.
Well, you won't have to use IMs or Skype as soon as I figure out which of the alternative methods works the best. n_n

Quote:
So Vespoid and I just finished a fantastic round of combat. It was a best outta three game. I won round one, he won round two, and i won round three to break the draw.

Allthough I don't remember who took how many prizes, sorry :/
Ah, oh well, that's fine. I'm just keeping track of them for fun and to give people a better idea of their opponent's skill level. And I count any individual match as a game for simplicity's sake.

I'll update the standings later. Been a bit busy today.
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM
userpr
Quilava Trainer

Hey guys, back from my vacation, and I'll be ready to play to starting tomorrow anytime past 8:00 PM (GMT- 4). My skype name is userpr4397. Feel free to hit me up if you want to play, just tell me you're from PC.
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Samurai★Rocket
Yamato Man

Nature: Serious
If anyone wants to play me, give me a PM. I will try to respond as quick as possible. Here's my deck:

HGSS

Pokemon Communication
PONT
Professor Elm's Training Method
Switch
Full Heal

Undaunted

Houndour 54/90 x3
Houndoom 5/90 x3
Eevee 47/90 x3
Umbreon 10/90 x2
Stunky 69/90 x2
Skuntank 37/90 x1
Murkrow 58/90 x2
Honchkrow 16/90 x1
Special Darkness Energy 79/90 x4
Team Rocket's Trickery 78/90 x2

Triumphant

Venonat 81/102 x2
Venomoth 11/102 x1
Kricketot 65/102 x2
Kricketune 24/102 x1
Black Belt 85/102 x2

Unleashed

Interviewer's Questions 77/95 x3
Plus Power 80/95 x1

Call of Legends

Tangela 72/95 x1
Dual Ball 78/95 x1

6 Dark Energy
8 Grass Energy

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai★Rocket View Post
If anyone wants to play me, give me a PM. I will try to respond as quick as possible. Here's my deck:

HGSS

Pokemon Communication
PONT
Professor Elm's Training Method
Switch
Full Heal

Undaunted

Houndour 54/90 x3
Houndoom 5/90 x3
Eevee 47/90 x3
Umbreon 10/90 x2
Stunky 69/90 x2
Skuntank 37/90 x1
Murkrow 58/90 x2
Honchkrow 16/90 x1
Special Darkness Energy 79/90 x4
Team Rocket's Trickery 78/90 x2

Triumphant

Venonat 81/102 x2
Venomoth 11/102 x1
Kricketot 65/102 x2
Kricketune 24/102 x1
Black Belt 85/102 x2

Unleashed

Interviewer's Questions 77/95 x3
Plus Power 80/95 x1

Call of Legends

Tangela 72/95 x1
Dual Ball 78/95 x1

6 Dark Energy
8 Grass Energy
I'm up for facing you anytime before 10:30 PM Central Standard Time (US & Canada). Provided I can find my laptop, that is.

Sponsored Links