The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2011 (06:05 PM). Edited June 19th, 2011 by Miss Doronjo.
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Feast your eyes on the Pokemon Manga / Comics Daily Chit Chat! A place where you can talk casually about the pokemon manga / comics~

Before you all start chatting away there are a few rules we all have to go by.
1. All of Pokecommunity's basic rules apply here as they do throughout the forum. To review these rules look here.
2. Any discussion about the Anime, ROM Hacking, Trading Card Game, or Roleplay belong in their respected forums.
3. Any discussion primarily about the games goes under one of the suitable categories in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions.
4. All discussion in this thread should be about Pokemon Manga / Comics. If you want to talk about something that doesn't involve Pokemon Manga / Comics, then Other Chat's Daily Chit-Chat is the place for you.

To start the discussion off, is there any thing you guys are looking forward to in any Pokemon Manga?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 19th, 2011 (06:50 PM).
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
This would defiantly bring up the activity! Yes I am, I'm waiting for chapter 9 to be up.
Spoiler:
Black is going to be going up against the Steel Elite Four member but would have to give up something that is very important to him which is his gym badges which is why I'm really excited for it!
Old June 19th, 2011 (08:36 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
~ Activity boost. I've read only a few comics etc, but I have never read a collection. That's why I don't visit here XD; Uhmm, I want tor ead a B/W manga if there is one or is going to be one lol. I sound like a newbie, knowing nothing.
Old June 19th, 2011 (08:55 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
~ Activity boost. I've read only a few comics etc, but I have never read a collection. That's why I don't visit here XD; Uhmm, I want tor ead a B/W manga if there is one or is going to be one lol. I sound like a newbie, knowing nothing.
There is one but it's coming out in a strange order in a magazine. Only 8 chapters are out so far.

Chapter 8 spoilers and prediction on 9:
Spoiler:
Chapter 9 promises to be really good, I swear that the battle is going to end in Grimsley going easy on Black, but just easy enough so he wins, not enough so Black doesn't have to work his sorry little butt off. Or they could skip that entirely and move ahead to keep us in suspense...

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 19th, 2011 (11:26 PM).
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

We haven't gotten the chance to see the Stration gym leaders in the Manga have you noticed? This what I think might happen.
Spoiler:
I can see him going easy on Black but I get the feeling that Black might lose in this battle. He would most likely give up his Stration gym badge and go up against the Trio brothers again. This would allow us to see them in the manga since we haven't yet but maybe even if he lost, Grimsley might give him some small information anyway.
Old June 20th, 2011 (08:04 AM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
What am I looking forward to, eh? Looking forward to our Books-A-Million carrying more of these. I wish they had started doing that back in 2008 when I first joined PC and I was ALL into the manga. But oh well, sucks to be American. :'(

I actually need to catch up on the BW arc. Looks like I'm way behind. I'm just trying to go back to my roots.

Play the game to change the game
Old June 20th, 2011 (08:15 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
What am I looking forward to, eh? Looking forward to our Books-A-Million carrying more of these. I wish they had started doing that back in 2008 when I first joined PC and I was ALL into the manga. But oh well, sucks to be American. :'(
I've actually never looked for these irl. I wonder if Border's or something has them.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 20th, 2011 (11:07 AM).
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

My book store barely carries them I mean they only carry at least 2 of them. I managed to find the first volume of the DP trio there but that is it. The main manga that they have where I live is the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl adventure.
Old June 20th, 2011 (04:52 PM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I've seen the manga a lot at Borders and stuff, but not at Barnes and Noble. The library I'm working at even has a couple volumes, though quite a few are "The best of".

Anyways, I can't wait for chapter nine of the BW arc. Though, I still need to catch up on the DPPt chapters and Idek if HGSS is up online yet.
Old June 20th, 2011 (04:58 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
I've seen the manga a lot at Borders and stuff, but not at Barnes and Noble. The library I'm working at even has a couple volumes, though quite a few are "The best of".

Anyways, I can't wait for chapter nine of the BW arc. Though, I still need to catch up on the DPPt chapters and Idek if HGSS is up online yet.
How would a "best of" for a manga even work? I mean, there's a plot and such, not like music where for the most part it's not connected to the other parts in the album. o_o

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 20th, 2011 (05:09 PM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
What's even weirder is that they released these long after they stopped producing PokeSupe in America. So that REALLY threw people off-track. But since I had read it online, I knew the story, and found that they didn't do the best job choosing the "best" chapters o3o

Speaking of online reading, I really wish I could find EToP (Electric Tale of Pikachu), PiPiPi Adventures/Magical Pokemon Journey, and DP Adventures (not DPPt PokeSupe) on here ;; Those are hard to come by, and I was lucky that the library where my dad lives had a bunch of the Magical Pokemon Journey stuff.
Old June 20th, 2011 (06:16 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Yup, I have The Best of Red and Yellow. But stupidly enough, in TBO Yellow, they don't even reveal Yellow as a girl. At all. Now I don't know about y'all, but I'd say the moment she was revealed to be a girl was one of, if not the best moment in the Yellow arc.

I've seen the DP ones at our BAM actually. No I will not get them for you because I do not have the money. ;-;

Play the game to change the game
Old June 29th, 2011 (05:20 PM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
[SIZE="2"]But stupidly enough, in TBO Yellow, they don't even reveal Yellow as a girl. At all. Now I don't know about y'all, but I'd say the moment she was revealed to be a girl was one of, if not the best moment in the Yellow arc.

I kind of new she was a girl (or guessed correctly) because of her appearance, in my opinion, she looked too girly to be a male.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old June 30th, 2011 (12:17 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post

I kind of new she was a girl (or guessed correctly) because of her appearance, in my opinion, she looked too girly to be a male.

:t354:TG
I was spoiled to begin with about her being a girl so I was just waiting for them to reveal it. But at first I was like "wait, I thought she was a girl? Is this a different Yellow?" lmao.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 30th, 2011 (03:01 PM).
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I'm determined to get involved in at least on DCC xD

Quote:
Speaking of online reading, I really wish I could find EToP (Electric Tale of Pikachu), PiPiPi Adventures/Magical Pokemon Journey, and DP Adventures (not DPPt PokeSupe) on here ;; Those are hard to come by, and I was lucky that the library where my dad lives had a bunch of the Magical Pokemon Journey stuff.
You think that's hard to find, i've been looking everywhere for Pokemon Pocket Monsters manga. Apparently it was quite funny and un-pokemon like, which makes me want to read it even more ;-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
But at first I was like "wait, I thought she was a girl? Is this a different Yellow?" lmao.
I was the same xD i didn't read the spoilers but come on, how can you not think this was a girl?
Spoiler:

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old July 5th, 2011 (03:54 PM).
teddybeargun
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
What's even weirder is that they released these long after they stopped producing PokeSupe in America. So that REALLY threw people off-track. But since I had read it online, I knew the story, and found that they didn't do the best job choosing the "best" chapters o3o

You can find DP Adventures on Amazon or in Barnes and noble/Borders(Though it requires buying/reading in the bookstore). Electric Tale of Pikachu and PiPiPi Adventures are really hard to find translated, you'd probably have to buy it in japanese or chinese and have someone read it for you haha.

"I dare you to not talk about Pokemon for a whole day! I bet you can't!"
"oh yeah? bring it on! I'm not that obsessed, sheesh!"
*10 minutes later*
"I give up"
"yeah me too, that was killing me"

When people start treating their pokemon like human beings, things start to get weird

thanks to Spacial Sage~
Old July 9th, 2011 (09:40 AM).
chamo-chan
Plush maker :U

Nature: Naive
Hey.
I see you guys are talking about the Best of series that Viz had out for a while.
Well, I think that maybe the Best of books were kind of like a pilot for the re-release of the rest of the series, mostly to see if people would still be interested in manga after it's 7 year hiatus.
Also, regarding the next chapter of the BW manga.

Spoiler:
(This is gonna sound really lame, but it did happen)
After Grimsley told Black that he has to bet something precious to him, Black knows that the badges are very important to him. Unfortunately, he gets so freaked out over the idea of giving up his badges (and his dream for that matter), that he over thinks it and ends up fainting from the pressure. (hahahahahahahhaa, oh Black.)
Grimsley leaves him alone after that and investigates the grunt caught in the trap. He finds a map to the Relic Castle. Meanwhile at said castle, the sage Ryoku is waiting for that grunt, or something.
Later, Black wakes up in Nimbasa while White is preparing Gigi (her Tepig) and several other BW agency pokemon for the debut of the Pokemon Musical. Black kinda wanders off and finds out that the Gym Leader, Elesa is also participating in the Musical.

Yeeep

Spoiler:
Also, there was another chapter taking place in Castelia City. Burgh is preparing for a Gym Battle against Black, when suddenly, Iris appears to visit him. She comments on his artwork not making any sense and proceeds to look at some other paintings, "White Flame" and "Black Thunder" (or something like that...)
Meanwhile, White had just finished another commercial shooting with Tep and Gigi. She also decides that, since her employee plans to take on the league, her agency will sponsor him as a way to get more publicity (meaning he would have to wear the BW agency logo in all his gym battles). Black notices that Tep is shaking, and is about to evolve. White is horrified at the idea of her little Tepig duo being ruined due to an evolution, so she picks up Tep and shakes him until he stops glowing. Black is (Justly) upset at this, and White tells him not to let Tep battle and risk him evolving. Black takes on the Castelia City gym, but he is starting to lose. While White watches, she notices that Tep is very distressed and wants to battle, since he is a fire type and could really help out. So now White is at a loss: Let Tep evolve so that Black may win his third badge, or keep Tep as a Tepig for more agency stuff.

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old July 10th, 2011 (07:42 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I have a few Magical Pokemon Journey mini-mangas (the big ones with just a few chapters) that I bought at a bookstore which was selling old books and mangas (for the most part). I also read several of it at the library that's close to my house. It makes me want to go and pick 'em back up and reread them, since it's been so long that I have.

As for PokeSupe I haven't been reading it for a while so I have no idea what's been going on in the B/W arc. Due to that, I'm not touching those spoiler tags. xD;
Old July 13th, 2011 (08:46 PM).
chamo-chan

^ It's ok Peachy.

Hm...I've read Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, and the Mystery Dungeon manga (the first one).

I don't remember what other manga I"ve read at the moment though. :/

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old July 14th, 2011 (02:00 AM).
Zaspien
Pokémon Trainer

Does anyone honestly recommend me reading the Black and White manga if I didn't like the Diamond and Pearl one?
Currently playing Pokémon White (latest journal post) - Badges: 1, PokéDex: 8, Time: 1:57,
Twitter, YouTube, Wakoopa, Last.fm
Old July 14th, 2011 (12:50 PM).
timbit13
Beginning Trainer

Hello everyone (:
I dunno if you heard of it, but there is a Pokemon comic called super effective from the Vg cats

I have made a dub of that comic and would like some opinions on it ^.^

The dub can be found on this link : watch?v=BiSuzeWTa9M
replace it after the / on the bar on the top when you are on youtube to check it out (:
Old July 21st, 2011 (02:09 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaspien View Post
Does anyone honestly recommend me reading the Black and White manga if I didn't like the Diamond and Pearl one?
It depends. Are you talking about PokeSupe? If so, then I say even though you didn't like Diamond and Pearl to give Black/White a shot. For the most part (with exceptions) you can basically read an arc of PokeSupe and either not like the last arc and/or not have read the previous arc(s) and still enjoy it. I myself have honestly only read parts of the Yellow arc, and the end of the Emerald arc.

On another note: Happy birthday Gold! (PokeSupe). Have a nice one. Next is Red's birthday. Can't wait!
Old July 21st, 2011 (02:12 PM).
Opposite Day
too old for name changes

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day Send a message via Skype™ to Opposite Day
HAPPY BEE-DAY GOLD YOU'RE GOLDEN AND THE BEST EVER
+Anti: his team looks like a salad
Old August 8th, 2011 (07:08 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Seriously? No posts since Gold's birthday?

Well, I'm here to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY RED. :D

I really love how the PokeSupe people have Birthdays, I really do. It makes me want to go and reread some now, tbqh. xD; At least the RBG and FRLG arc derp.
Old August 8th, 2011 (08:03 PM).
chamo-chan

I know what you mean. Having the authors give their character a birthday (as well as apparently their blood type) really shows how into this they are.

Happy Birthday, Red~

:3

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links