The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I hate trying to predict (though it worked against you, Nica ;D ).

That's why I love the RU/NU tiers. Pokemon people use are rather limited, so I usually know what moves and Pokemon my team are up against

Pokedex Completer Parasects Remaining: 3

3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

It'd probably be easier for me if I did turn off wifi, since without wifi, Deoxys-S should be able to cover the most common leads without me overpredicting in regards to who the opponent will start off with, but yeah I'll try the safest and see if people don't expect that :x

That is amazing and going to be so useful! How'd you find it?
Well, you can play around with that kind of stuff too. You don't have to guess what they'll start with; just pick the lead that combats most of their team the best. :)

I found it by browsing through Smogon. Full of resources, that place is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
I hate trying to predict (though it worked against you, Nica ;D ).

That's why I love the RU/NU tiers. Pokemon people use are rather limited, so I usually know what moves and Pokemon my team are up against
NU is actually the most unpredictable metagame at the moment, imo. It hasn't developed anything at all so people are constantly finding new powerful threats. That being said, it's currently my favorite metagame because it's loads of fun. I encourage everyone to try it!
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Exile
blvck haze 2001
Community Supporter

NU is pretty fun, Vrai and I had a laddering day and got to #2 and #5 respectively, then we both tilted and he kept trying while I went to work on an OU team. Honestly, the lower tiers, barr UU which looks absolutely awful right now, will be quite fun once Sableye is banned.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old October 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Cycle
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Honestly, UU is terrible right now. Sand is everywhere, even I succumbed; it's that easy to use. A team of Hippowdon/Stoutland/Alakazam/Roserade/Filler/Filler wins you so many games. I haven't lost a single game with that team, as of now actually.
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
Honestly, UU is terrible right now. Sand is everywhere, even I succumbed; it's that easy to use. A team of Hippowdon/Stoutland/Alakazam/Roserade/Filler/Filler wins you so many games. I haven't lost a single game with that team, as of now actually.
I haven't tried it yet, but I've been planning on taking a shot at UU/RU. Why exactly is it so unbeatable? :(
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Cycle
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

I haven't tried it yet, but I've been planning on taking a shot at UU/RU. Why exactly is it so unbeatable?
If you even come in to revenge kill a weakened poke on, Stoutland will come right in and take you out. Alakazam is singlehandedly the strongest pokemon in the tier. Magic guard allows it to perform amazingly in the sand, and nothing at all can really switch in. Roserade counters bulky waters, which normally can get in the way of Stoutland. Hippowdon is self explanatory, bulky and sets up sand. Golurk is an amazing sub puncher. It takes out bulky walls with focus punch and also hurts the likes of Slowbro with shadow punch. In the last slot I usually run rhyperior because CB off of 140 base attack HURTS. It also alleviates my problem with other sand teams.

As of now my sand team still has an undefeated record.
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Someone please rate my team

LC is my current obsession, I've been loving it for the past couple months.
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:15 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

I've always loved the concept of LU, but I can't wrap my head around the moves and evs. If LU was just unevolved Pokemon lvl 100 I'd love it.

Old November 1st, 2011, 04:36 AM
Forever
let it go

I tried UU against Kaori once and sucked lol I just feel like I want to learn more about OU before I really do try another tier properly though I really love OU /bias
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:43 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

To be honest, I want to learn more NU/RU/UU than OU.
I just wanna know how to make a good team is all xD

Old November 1st, 2011, 04:46 AM
Forever
let it go

Nobody says you can't make a good OU team, though! :(
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:50 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

I prefer to dwell in the lower tiers. Most of the Pokemon I like are in there, and it gives me more motivation to actually try making a good team and such.

On the other hand, I really, really, really, really hate weather

Old November 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah I hate weather too :x It's basically the same teams over and over w/o much variation (since weather doesn't allow you for -that- much variation), then again I'd rather face weather than something constantly u-turning/volt switching on me lol.
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

OH GOD THAT'S ALL I'VE BEEN FACING.

Old November 1st, 2011, 11:58 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Lol, well, that's really the only option this gen. Weather is the standard, or Volt Switch / U-Turn to prevent getting swept by weather. :/ It's a shame, but I dunno, if you just fall in line it becomes much more fun. xD
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

You have so many options in BW OU it's not even funny. Whatever you try can be viable. There are just so many things you can do! Yes, you have to be able to deal with weather and those U-turn teams and Baton Pass and all that. Yes, you have to deal with things. They are threats, and you don't have to join 'em to beat 'em. Be creative and find new ways to do things! That's how the best players invent new playstyles; everyone else falls into line and they are the ones who step out. You can't be a great player by acting like a mediocre one.

And on the flip side of that, yes, those teams are very good and can be played very well.

Quote:
I prefer to dwell in the lower tiers. Most of the Pokemon I like are in there, and it gives me more motivation to actually try making a good team and such.

On the other hand, I really, really, really, really hate weather
...there's an auto-weather starter in literally every tier. Good luck avoiding weather. (OU: Tyranitar, Ninetales, Politoed; UU: Hippowdon, Abomasnow; RU & NU: Snover [and Hippopotas soon probably])
Old November 1st, 2011, 10:13 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
You have so many options in BW OU it's not even funny. Whatever you try can be viable. There are just so many things you can do! Yes, you have to be able to deal with weather and those U-turn teams and Baton Pass and all that. Yes, you have to deal with things. They are threats, and you don't have to join 'em to beat 'em. Be creative and find new ways to do things! That's how the best players invent new playstyles; everyone else falls into line and they are the ones who step out. You can't be a great player by acting like a mediocre one.

And on the flip side of that, yes, those teams are very good and can be played very well.

...there's an auto-weather starter in literally every tier. Good luck avoiding weather. (OU: Tyranitar, Ninetales, Politoed; UU: Hippowdon, Abomasnow; RU & NU: Snover [and Hippopotas soon probably])
I know they are many weather starters in all tiers, but I hope they'll be less frequent in the lower tiers (apart from UU)

Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
Dark Azelf
Dream Evil.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Just remember who to give credit to for popularizing Volt Turning teams. After all why do you think they are spammed now ? ;D

Also, should i get back into Pokes after not playing in like 3 months ? Y/N/M ??????????? also Wifi or PO ???????????? Hmmmmmm so many decisions lol.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Forever
let it go

First question: y. Second question: PO. Breeding good teams for wifi takes waaay too long without RNGing (considering I was trying to breed w/o needing RNG earlier today and gave up easily - I had the right idea at least!) tbh I can't even enjoy battling without PO anymore, lol. :x
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Dark Azelf
Dream Evil.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
First question: y. Second question: PO. Breeding good teams for wifi takes waaay too long without RNGing (considering I was trying to breed w/o needing RNG earlier today and gave up easily - I had the right idea at least!) tbh I can't even enjoy battling without PO anymore, lol. :x
Eh screw RNG. 1. It makes no sense to me. 2. Im horrible at maths.

~POKEGEN~ ftw lol :x
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Azelf View Post
Eh screw RNG. 1. It makes no sense to me. 2. Im horrible at maths. :(

~POKEGEN~ ftw lol :x
I thought there was something prevented you from using generated 'mons on WiFi. ?_? Also play PO so I can battle you.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:05 AM
Forever
let it go

(In terms of leads)

Quote:
September:

| 1 | Politoed | 38033 | 8.101% |
| 2 | Tyranitar | 34204 | 7.285% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 31526 | 6.715% |
| 4 | Deoxys-S | 24562 | 5.232% |
| 5 | Ninetales | 15165 | 3.230% |
Quote:
October:

| 1 | Politoed | 41692 | 9.165% |
| 2 | Deoxys-S | 30491 | 6.703% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 28059 | 6.168% |
| 4 | Tyranitar | 25345 | 5.571% |
| 5 | Ninetales | 16226 | 3.567% |
^ My wish is for Deoxys-S to reach #1 this month. Except it's impossible because everyone loves rain and I wish for it to disappear. :( But yaaay improvement!

GO AWAY POLITOED.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Yoshikkko

Nuuuu I love rain! It's fun to use and I can make good use of one of my favourite Pokémon ;__; Toxicroak

GO AWAY NICA

team super cotton ×
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

I'd love for Yanma to reach top lead xD

Old November 4th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Forever
let it go

Totally doesn't deserve to be top! D<

Also:

Quote:
The foe's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
Start of turn 7
The foe's Ninetales used Sunny Day!
But it failed!
lol'd.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links