The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
I was also... sleeping. Or was I? idk I think I was. /legitimate excuse

Drakow Terrakion is amazing D< Well idk, I think I used scarf Terrakion, I know I used sash for a while but idk I prefer being able to either SD or Rock Polish tbh. Also, tried scarf Landorus it was "okay" for me, I don't really recall much about when I did, though :(
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
ShineyMaster
Your In The Zoro's lair Now...

Nature: Jolly
Will anybody do a test battle with me? i need to test my new team.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Kittyipawd
Waiting to see red again

I have a skar/tran/gastro core and a offensive core of 2 nasty plot zoroark and mew (I use transform for last slot on mew) what is a good glue pokemon gengar is not working right now.

Friend Code 0705-2846-7850 , Fighting type safari (I have a Riolu)
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:16 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineyMaster View Post
Will anybody do a test battle with me? i need to test my new team.
Best place to ask for this is in the quick battle thread, cause this place serves as discussion, while that subforum concentrates more on the battling side of competitive. :)

edit:
Quote:
| 1 | Deoxys-S | 49519 | 10.532% |
| 2 | Politoed | 40819 | 8.681% |
Okay I know how I said I wanted Deoxys-S to get main lead last month, but... really, considering how common weather is, yeah idk I'm not a great fan of that stat now, lol.

Also, omg yes for most common:
Quote:
| 1 | Scizor | 137715 | 29.269% | 115559 | 29.456% |
| 2 | Dragonite | 132284 | 28.114% | 106045 | 27.031% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 105408 | 22.402% | 94593 | 24.112% |
| 4 | Ferrothorn | 86862 | 18.461% | 76529 | 19.507% |
tbh Scizor literally IS the most useful Pokemon in OU (and yet I can beat it easily lool while mine lasts) so I'm glad w/ that.

Last edited by Forever; December 3rd, 2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I have a feeling that dragonite wont last too much longer. After 1-2 dd, he is crazy. I should know, I've used one since I started comp battling and he has won me soo any matches.
I would hate to see him go, but he hurts.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
tbh Scizor literally IS the most useful Pokemon in OU (and yet I can beat it easily lool while mine lasts) so I'm glad w/ that.
I completely disagree. Scizor has strong priority and U-turn, and that'd be it. There are tons of other mons with so much more use...
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Forever
let it go

Priority generally is something every team needs tbh (sure there's screens and other things that can help you but with the amount of things like dragon dance, choice scarf users and the such around, I find myself pretty lost w/o priority) and Scizor just happens to be one of the better users of it. It's the most useful to me but definitely is one of the most useful overall because other than Lucario/Ice Shard users/Dragonite, nothing else really uses priority, and those are all less commonly used, mainly because Scizor gets technician boost, STAB, etc.
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:46 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Priority generally is something every team needs tbh (sure there's screens and other things that can help you but with the amount of things like dragon dance, choice scarf users and the such around, I find myself pretty lost w/o priority) and Scizor just happens to be one of the better users of it. It's the most useful to me but definitely is one of the most useful overall because other than Lucario/Ice Shard users/Dragonite, nothing else really uses priority, and those are all less commonly used, mainly because Scizor gets technician boost, STAB, etc.
You forgot about Conkeldurr and Mach Punch (Breloom is sometimes seen with it too). Conkeldurr's Mach Punch gets rather powerful after a Bulk Up or two.

Old December 4th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Forever
let it go

Forgot 'bout them two! But tbh, there's also the fact that Extremespeed, Fake Out, Mach Punch all have a type which they can't hit at all, while Bullet Punch doesn't get that (and only resisted by a few!) In fact, after one SD boost it can pretty much 2hko or OHKO 21 Pokemon in OU, which is prettyyy useful. Oh and that psychics are common in OU too, so u-turn/bug bite actually are of great use. Just how I see it though.
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Good points on scizor but a lot of ou pokes pack a fire move as well so if that bullet punch doesn't ohko, a 4xbattle weakness really hurts.
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Forever
let it go

Well that's something you can figure from battling often tbh, I can generally tell what has fire attacks (punch, flamethrower, fire blast), or HP fire and generally what bullet punch can OHKO (and my other Pokemon covering that obv).
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

Scizor is okay at best. I'm going with Vrai's sediments and saying that there are a lot of things are better than scizor, despite it's apparently usefulness due to technician boosted BP and CB U-turning. To me, I feel that Scizor relies a bit too much on priority to help save it's butt. With that being said, it also has a huge gaping weakness in will-o-wisp, which almost every rotom-w carries nowadays if it isn't Trick.

Now, I know you're probably going to say something to the effect of "oh well i beat rotoms before etc" but realize that is not going to be the case all the time. Scizor has a very scary weakness to burns, or just about any status(aside from poison for obvious reasons). Fire punch Jirachi, for example, leaves a pretty huge dent in scizor's health as far as I know, as well as other users of fire attacks. With that being said, HP Fire Magnezone might be another threat to scizor(that doesn't have superpower, that is). There are a lot of other things that can come in on scizor which ultimately dampens its overall performance. Heck, Even Dragonite can come in(I can be wrong about this) and Fire punch/Hurricane the thing to death.

Don't misunderstand, however. I'm not saying its the crappiest thing ever, but do be wary of your opponents strategies instead of taking them for granted.
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

That is true. That why I like giving unconventional pokemon hp fire .also yes, dragonite's fire punch hurts him a lot. And with multiscale active, that priority is meh at best
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Forever
let it go

That's what team preview can be used for. Take out the threats and then feel free to sweep, like for example (different case but yeah), I wouldn't use Shell Smash on a Cloyster with focus sash while any priority user is in the opponent's team, etc, same should go for this. If Scizor is used with caution then it's fine imo.

Also on the Rotom-W note, I actually prefer HP fire since it OHKO's scizor and outspeeds rather than the opponent assuming you will use w-o-w and switch in something w-o-w doesn't really hurt lol. I'm not saying like Scizor is the ultimate Pokemon or anything, it's just really one of the most useful and if used effectively it can be hard to stop.

Also on the HP fire note in general, at one point 3/6 of my Pokemon had HP fire, lol, but then I realised I needed ice so gave it to the one that could make the most use of HP ice. :x

Oh yeah, and with Multiscale? Stealth rock and scizor go well. :)
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
That's what team preview can be used for. Take out the threats and then feel free to sweep, like for example (different case but yeah), I wouldn't use Shell Smash on a Cloyster with focus sash while any priority user is in the opponent's team, etc, same should go for this. If Scizor is used with caution then it's fine imo.

That applies to just about every Pokemon that anyone uses. You can be cautious and still be completely caught off guard by a random HP fire or a status move and then it's gg.

Quote:
Also on the Rotom-W note, I actually prefer HP fire since it OHKO's scizor and outspeeds rather than the opponent assuming you will use w-o-w and switch in something w-o-w doesn't really hurt lol. I'm not saying like Scizor is the ultimate Pokemon or anything, it's just really one of the most useful and if used effectively it can be hard to stop.
Personally, I prefer HP ice for the sake of killing off dragons, but that depends on every team's needs. W-o-W is extremely useful, seeing as it kinda cripples Dragonite, other Scizor, and just about any physical attacker save those that are fire-type. So yes, there's very few things W-o-W doesnt hurt aside from special attackers.

And like I said, that can be said for any pokemon. If it's used effectively, any Pokemon can be difficult to stop.

Quote:
Also on the HP fire note in general, at one point 3/6 of my Pokemon had HP fire, lol, but then I realised I needed ice so gave it to the one that could make the most use of HP ice. :x

Oh yeah, and with Multiscale? Stealth rock and scizor go well. :)
Dragonite can simply roost off SR damage, and then whats your solution to that? It can set up while you're busy fishing for a crit or something until it Fire Punches you. D:
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

It should go like this..stealth rock, taunt, then scizor say hello to multiscale.
Dragonite being taunted hurts.
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunis View Post
It should go like this..stealth rock, taunt, then scizor say hello to multiscale.
Dragonite being taunted hurts.
Agreeing with this, I suppose. .___. Taunt is only a temporary-ish solution however, and thats because it isn't as reliable as it used to be, seeing as Dragonite would probably remain taunted for a max of like...three turns without hesitating to roost again.
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

That is true as well, but in three turns, enough damage can be done to 'nite to make roost ineffective at reactivating multiscale.
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

You're right on that. xD

To shift things around a bit....I find myself becoming increasingly frustrated by Shaymin. ):

Anti knows why ):<

shaymin is so godly ;__;
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

I faced a shaymin only once and yes it was extremely frustrating.
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Forever
let it go

LATE BUT I'm not saying Scizor is any sort of counter to Dragonite btw, lol, it's just like Scizor really isn't that bad if given the chance to shine.

Also, you'd still outspeed the roost with bullet punch so keep track of its taunt count and in the meantime just SD over and over (assuming w/o fire punch but yeah) and I think after 1 or 2 SD's it kills Dragonite anyway with it after breaking multiscale. I wouldn't go for that strategy either way, I'd rather switch Scizor in on something safer as a whole tbh.

And yes Anti's Shaymin was indeed annoying, idk how I got past it, Heatran...?
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
On the subject of most useful, I'll just go ahead and nominate Jirachi. The thing that bugs me about Scizor is that defensive SD/Roost sets are horribly inept offensively and the CBer gives a lot of set-up opportunities when it's locked into a non-U-turn move, Jirachi can definitely nab kills with Iron Head flinching or at the very least cripple stuff with Body Slam. The only thing that sucks is when I face Wolf's Magnezone in the rain and Fire Punch doesn't break its Sub anymore ...though I have gotten a burn on it a few times
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

I can't say jirachi is the most useful, but dang he can be frustrating!
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Scizor is great, you shouldn't need an other move than U-Turn really. In essence Scizor has 0 counters because it forces you to to find something to take a STAB U-Turn from 591 Attack (CB) AND then you'll be forced to switch or die next turn again as they send in a counter directly from that U-Turn. It was this strategy i abused on my Volt Turn team, to quote myself; "With SR up and U-Turn, bear in mind Scizor will beat or wear down Skarmory (by going to Rotom-W/counter to force it out or die) so badly throughout the course of a game that Excadrill or Landorus is likely to sweep if you're using Skarm to "stop" Scizor's U-Turns and Skarmory 4x resists the move!". If you can keep hazards away CB Scizor is a monster and it will wear their team down, even its counters and checks when played well.

I also dont get the status argument, Scizor is slow as heck so doesnt care about T-Wave, its immune to Toxic, Wisps are obvious move is obvious so god knows why you'd keep it in and sleep cripples everything bar Toxic Orb Gliscor in OU anyway lol.

Ill agree with the Sp.Def sets of Scizor suck though. Man, so many times ive tried to make it work. Ive even used U-Turn over Bug Bite to scout checks (because everything counters it) and it still doesn't work, even hazards don't help it at all. I dont see the point in a set that cant sweep when its supposed to be a bulky sweeper as its primary job lol, it also doesn't really take hits that well. It either ends up just getting trapped by Magnezone or just walled as said, by anything with Def Evs.

As for the most useful, id actually say its actually Rotom-W tbh. Its on every team, its annoying, beats some very common threats, practically immune to all hazards, always has a way to screw your check, whilst just sitting there, always, obnoxiously. >:/ lol
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff

Last edited by Dark Azelf; December 4th, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Kittyipawd
Waiting to see red again

Do you guys think Weavile can be good in OU? It seems like the only pokemon that pester is are Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk. Sure the first two pokemon are the most over useded pokemon in the game but I was using a expert belt Weavile with Ice Shard Ice Punch Pursuit and Low Kick and if you take those 3 pokemon out of the equation you can sweep teams.

Are thier any hard counter to Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk? I have been using a 252 HP 232 Def 24 Shed Shell Skarm to Counter Conk and Scizor but they can play around it and skarm can't wall as good as it did in the 4th gen.

Maybe a Trapper type of team with Magnezone Wobbofet and Weavile could be used but im not good at teambuilding I just know teams have a exploitable Weavile weakness.

Is 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp D Leftovers skarm viable?

Friend Code 0705-2846-7850 , Fighting type safari (I have a Riolu)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here