The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Impish
Yes I agree that rotom-w is probably the most annoying now that you mention it DA. Volt switch, hydro pump + levitate are a great combo. For awhile I used moldbreaker haxorus w/eq just because of that poke.

@kittyipawd, weavile is good don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of fighting moves used which hurt BAD. Like you mentioned, conk with mach punch can be a nightmare. Though he is a great killer of anything with a ice weakness . His spd is phenomenal. I wouldn't use him or any poke with a 4x weakness, unless it has really high def, spD, an hp.

Last edited by Champion Lunis; December 4th, 2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: wtf is swift levitate? stupid cellphone
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Kittyipawd
Waiting to see red again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunis View Post
Yes I agree that rotom-w is probably the most annoying now that you mention it DA. Volt switch, hydro pump +swift levitate are a great combo. For awhile I used moldbreaker haxorus w/eq just because of that poke.

@kittyipawd, weavile is good don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of fighting moves used which hurt BAD. Like you mentioned, conk with mach punch can be a nightmare. Though he is a great killer of anything with a ice weakness . His spd is phenomenal. I wouldn't use him or any poke with a 4x weakness, unless it has really high def, spD, an hp.
I kinda slapped him on my team as a prioity user and with no sr support I have wrecked other teams so long as I have killed those 3 pokemon as weavile eithier gets owned b them or setup. I mean the most common choice scarf pokemon Landorus dies to ice shard lol. I usally net kos fiening a choice band then using low kick when they think im locked on pusuit. All and all I think it can be very effective if your team is built around countering those 3 pokemon and spin support. My team currently has trouble with ferrothorn and Scizor in the ****ing rain .

Friend Code 0705-2846-7850 , Fighting type safari (I have a Riolu)
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga

O yea! With rain going those two can be annoying.
I wish there was a move or ability that completely abolishes weather.
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Kittyipawd
Waiting to see red again

If you use something like sunny day on hitmontop against rain after the 5 turns will if become normal weather? If you don't have a weather inducer most times the will sac thier politoad. It ijust a question of game mechanics.

It is annoying how fire does nothing in rain ;_;. Is anyone a fan of Wide Lens Ninetails?

Old December 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM
jirachi boy 385
I'm awesome

who wants to battle me?
I'm nathan and can battle on white or platinum...
anybody want to wifi battle with me?
Old December 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Phlip

Nature: Quirky
I am looking for a battle!!!!

You can use any pokemon you want!

no OU, UU, NU or any of that crap.

just use whoever you want it can be legends, events, or just your new team i just want the freedom to use any pokemon

PM ME!!!!

HG
2753-3752-1833

Black
3011-1244-8788

Black 2
4685-6556-2581

Pokemon X
1504-5837-8030

Safari type GRASS: sunkern, sawsbuck and quilladin
Old December 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM
jirachi boy 385
I'm awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post

just use whoever you want it can be legends, events, or just your new team i just want the freedom to use any pokemon

PM ME!!!!

I ACCEPT your challenge. I can do white or platinum.
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirachi boy 385 View Post
who wants to battle me?
I'm nathan and can battle on white or platinum...
anybody want to wifi battle with me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post

PM ME!!!!
Use the Tournaments and Events sub-forum to organize battles. This thread is especially useful.
Old December 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyipawd View Post
Do you guys think Weavile can be good in OU? It seems like the only pokemon that pester is are Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk. Sure the first two pokemon are the most over useded pokemon in the game but I was using a expert belt Weavile with Ice Shard Ice Punch Pursuit and Low Kick and if you take those 3 pokemon out of the equation you can sweep teams.

Are thier any hard counter to Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk? I have been using a 252 HP 232 Def 24 Shed Shell Skarm to Counter Conk and Scizor but they can play around it and skarm can't wall as good as it did in the 4th gen.

Maybe a Trapper type of team with Magnezone Wobbofet and Weavile could be used but im not good at teambuilding I just know teams have a exploitable Weavile weakness.

Is 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp D Leftovers skarm viable?
Weavile's main flaws are: its weak to every type of entry hazard (and takes 25% from SR), its abysmal defenses, and its terribly low move BP. It'd work okay but really any team built "decently" can take a hit from Weavile and OHKO in return.

I thought that was the standard Skarmory.
Old December 4th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga

ah yes i forgot about entry hazards when i was talking about weaviles bad points
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Kittyipawd
Waiting to see red again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

Weavile's main flaws are: its weak to every type of entry hazard (and takes 25% from SR), its abysmal defenses, and its terribly low move BP. It'd work okay but really any team built "decently" can take a hit from Weavile and OHKO in return.

I thought that was the standard Skarmory.
No alot of skarmorys I see have speed invested lol. Skarm isn't as good as it used to be and alot of other pokemons set say skarm has to be the most defensive variant so I made the most defensive lol.

Old December 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyipawd View Post
No alot of skarmorys I see have speed invested lol. Skarm isn't as good as it used to be and alot of other pokemons set say skarm has to be the most defensive variant so I made the most defensive lol.
According to Skarmory's Smogon analysis, the 24 Speed EVs are in there so that it can outspeed max Speed Wobbuffet (who shows up in OU occasionally). That way, Skarmory can Taunt Wobbuffet before it can use Encore to lock it into Spikes.

Old December 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
According to Skarmory's Smogon analysis, the 24 Speed EVs are in there so that it can outspeed max Speed Wobbuffet (who shows up in OU occasionally). That way, Skarmory can Taunt Wobbuffet before it can use Encore to lock it into Spikes.
Physically, I think those 24 EVs are more or less negligable, too. It'd be a different story if outrunning Wobb meant like 80some EVs, but 24 is a small enough number to not really make an impact on Skarmory's defensive prowess.
Old December 4th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

Physically, I think those 24 EVs are more or less negligable, too. It'd be a different story if outrunning Wobb meant like 80some EVs, but 24 is a small enough number to not really make an impact on Skarmory's defensive prowess.
^

Plus Skarm should never leave home without a Shed Shell anyway which lets its escape Wobb. Unless you also like getting crushed by Mag + Drag teams that are rather common this gen. :/ lol

Also Skarm is as good as its always been so i never buy into the whole "its not as good as it used to be" crap lol. It walls some key threats who have little to no other counters, see; Haxorus, SD Acrobat Gliscor, Landorus and the like. Plus its probably the most reliable Spiker in the game apart from maybe Deoxys (though that is arguable).

Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.
Pair x Poki. Aka Miss Botifgt. <3
[00:22] @Sanguine: [00:21] Dark Azelf+: nah my ass is tight
[00:22] @Sanguine: :3
@Sanguine: you've acquired sxcness I see
[15:59] +Alice Cooper: a hot chocolate enema would be nice, no?
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga

I keep switching skarm in and out of my team. Some days I like him and some i don't. He is a threat though and shouldn't be underestimated.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Forever

I've never really used Skarmory that much tbh. I don't really use anything that sets up spikes/SR other than using Bronzong lately. I don't really see Skarmory as much of an issue though for me, since I have Rotom-W, Latios, etc (tbolt and hp fire).

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunis View Post
Yea ( just like scizor) the 4x weakness to fire is what makes me undecided on skarm. Plus I've found in my experience that if I use a more utility based pokemon outside of chansey I tend to lose a lot more. Of course my playstyle consists of heavy hitters, a rapid spinner and one staller. I like to kill of the hazard setter as quick as possible, spin away said hazards, then try to pull a train wreck on the other team.
Yea, I'm sure my strategy is flawed but that's my playstyle.
Actually, Skarm doesn't have a 4x weakness to fire. It's steel/flying, and flying isn't weak to fire. :x

Aaand I don't use spinners, I tend to just put up with hazards and just try to switch less if they're in. I'd much rather have my five offensive Pokemon than four and a spinner since they sorta balance each other out. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
~ pumpka
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga

Gah i knew that, I feel so stupid. I was picturing ferrothorns weakness chart in my head. D'oh!
My spinner is Starmie and more or less it is a wonderful offensive threat as well. Great speed an attack movepool. I just hate the psychic part of Starmie.
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:41 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't have a spinner. I can't really fit one in and anyway toxic spikes only affects two of my Pokemon and Stealth Rock is neutral or less on everything, Spikes is the only thing to really worry about.
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga

I don't use a spinner on my uu team.
But on my ou, if I don't lead with 'nite, I don't want rocks to ruin multiscale an have to roost right off the bat.:/
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:22 PM
.Gamer
»»───knee─►
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Jolly
so im way too lazy to read all the thread, and im also thinking of coming back to mons (hi everyone, im still alive) give me a tl;dr version of what's standard in OU and/or UU. i'll appreciate it. thanks.

p.s. i realize smogon lists them, but i dont really want to look at usage stats and stuff because that's way too much effort for me.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gamer View Post
so im way too lazy to read all the thread, and im also thinking of coming back to mons (hi everyone, im still alive) give me a tl;dr version of what's standard in OU and/or UU. i'll appreciate it. thanks.

p.s. i realize smogon lists them, but i dont really want to look at usage stats and stuff because that's way too much effort for me.
WELL. Rotom-W/Scizor/Dragonite/Deoxys-S/Politoed/Ferrothorn/Terrakion/Latios/Haxorus. Those are probably most common tbh off the top of my head.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka

Last edited by Forever; December 7th, 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: well, seems I need to update!
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:31 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Continuing the Rapid Spinner topic: I used to have Excadrill as a Rapid Spinner until it became Uber. Now my team doesn't have one, but I don't know which one to use.

Old December 7th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Charliezard
A wild shroomish appeared!

I haven't played enough to know if I want a rapid spinner or not. Currently I have one but eh, I've had like 3 battles total and 1 with this team. I plan on experimenting with numerous different teams but I need to give each one a fair go so it'll take me a while to decide how I like to play.
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Champion Lunis
The Greninja Avenga

I just replaced rapid spin with grass knot on Starmie and had a few battles. Honestly, I didn't miss it at all.

On another note, has anyone else noticed an increase in donphan usage or is it just me?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links