The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:18 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude

Advertise here
Hacking for a Pokemon takes the fun out of working to get it. There could be also a risk that it can corrupt save files, but I'm not sure.

Old July 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Hacking for a Pokemon takes the fun out of working to get it. There could be also a risk that it can corrupt save files, but I'm not sure.
Keep in mind that not everyone finds it fun to breed Pokemon for days just to get one with passable IVs. This is a major reason people hack. To make matters worse, the tools needed to create "illegal" Pokemon are more accessible than ever. Most people know about Action Replay, and there is a program that allows you to create Pokemon and send them other the GTS to your player using a certain website. Using this same method people can distribute Pokemon to many different players as well. It's like they're hosting their own wi-fi events. Players are now distributing flawless RNG'd Pokemon to the entire world. The fact that so many people now have flawless Pokemon through unofficial distributions, RNG, and hacking encourages others to do so. Many fans feel the need to somehow get flawless Pokemon of their own using these methods just so they can stay competitive.

I partially blame Game Freak for this. The whole concept of IVs is contradictory to some of the things they encourage in their games. The reality is that some Pokemon of the same species are just naturally stronger than others. Your Pokemon will most likely never became the best its species can be. It can take days or even weeks to get a Pokemon with the right ability, nature, and IVs. It doesn't help that they made IVs practically invisible. As the fanbase gets more and more competitive and more people learn about the hidden mechanics we see more hacked and RNG'd Pokemon.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
This may seem like a stupid question but what are IVs?

Old July 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Exile
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
For those that don't enjoy breeding their Pokemon to use in Wi-Fi battles, there are simulators, which can provide an experience that is just as competitive as it would be in the games. Most of the talk of file corruption stems from the warnings on the AR and Bad Eggs, although most people end up being fine after they hack their save file.

Quote:
It can take days or even weeks to get a Pokemon with the right ability, nature, and IVs.
This right here is exactly why hacks aren't respected or allowed within the trading and battling community, even if IVs and nature were the only thing hacked, because as long as breeding remains a skill, hacking remains something that is looked down upon.

Aspie, Ivs are Individual Values, and they add to a Pokemon's stats, each stat can have a total of 31 Possible IVs, and the stat can be no higher if it has 31 IVs and a Helpful nature, this is why Pokemon with High IVs [you can manipulate Pokemon's IVs through use of the game's Random Number Generator] are highly sought after.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I have a couple of hacked Pokemon, and they never messed up my game and I doubt that they ever will. I sometimes use these hacked Pokemon for reasons like the Battle Subway and the Battle Frontier/Tower.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Yeah, I don't think that hacked pokemon mess up your game anymore and I don't find anything wrong with it, it's your game, you should be able to do anything you wan't with it.

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie3000 View Post
Yeah, I don't think that hacked pokemon mess up your game anymore and I don't find anything wrong with it, it's your game, you should be able to do anything you wan't with it.
I totally agree. It's one thing if you're trading hacked Pokemon to others or using them in battle against those who don't know, but nobody has the right to say what you can or can't do in your own game.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Kitsune-bi
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
So basically there is no drawback except for if your online battling? I know that the action replay pokemon don't ruin your game.
not true.my cousin and several of his friends would hack and every single one of them ended up with their game breaking at least once
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
ElectricScyther
The lessons we learn

Nature: Sassy
It ruins the challenge of the games, obviously. Instead of taking months (even years) to raise all your favourite Pokemon to level 100 with a good moveset, by hacking you can obtain all 629 of them with those stats in seconds, not to mention that you can hack Wondertombs and Wondereyes into your game and create other illegal Pokemon. Those people who don't hack have to put up with these types of Pokemon when they battle online, and that's no fun at all.

Taio Cruz -- Dynamite

Old July 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Townes
Gentlemanly Hazard...

Nature: Quirky
ARP Pokemon just make the game too easy. I always feel sorry for cheaters, because they don't make their game any more fun by making it easier.

However, Hacked Pokemon are simply unfair for online gaming- at least most ARP Pokemon can still obtained by others, but like it has been mentioned, some people choose to hack in Wondertombs/eyes and use them online. This infuriates me to no end.
Your day of Judgement

Old July 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
The Last One
Stalking Your Conversations

Send a message via Skype™ to The Last One
i have never hacked, BUT I have used AR on my Diamond, I used the walk anywehre one, sO I obtained Darkri and Shaymin before I even had my 7th badge, but I like to train and battle my Pokemon NATURALLy and how the game was ORIGINALLY meant to be, because I like battling, getting stronger, if I lose, i just go out in the wild, and train,train,train, until im ready to try again, I dont battle online so therefore I have never seen or battled a hacked Pokemon, but I do think that hacked pokemon are for people who are to lazy to find someone to trade or wait for an event.. because Ive seen the statements....

There could be Pokemon that you can't obtain in that game

First off, wow, that statement can not be held in a arguement, Because, The thing about that is that Gamefreak wants you TO FIND people TO TRADE with, that is why trading was originally there for..

and the other statement

What if you miss an event...
Same as above, FIND SOMEONE TO TRADE

also I had a question to see if this was considered a hack..

I used the walk anywhere cheat from AR on my Diamond, and obtained Darkri before I got my 7th badge, NOW, when it came time to go to the island naturally in the game, where Darkri was supposed to be, he was there again.. so I came to have 2 darkris, would taht be considered a hack?

(EDIT) 200th post!! yay

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Not everyone knows, or can find people to trade with, much less a person who is willing to trade an event Arceus or a pokemon of that sort. And yes, using action replay does make a game more fun for some people, and lastly who are any of you to tell someone what to do with their own game, just because it spoils your fun does not mean it spoils the fun of others, their are alot of things that you can do with an action replay that make for interesting gameplay. As for online play, I do agree it is cheap.

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM
The Last One

well I for one am not telling people what to do with their game

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last One View Post
well I for one am not telling people what to do with their game
And I applaud you for it.

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
The Last One

Quote:
Not everyone knows, or can find people to trade with

You do know your on a Pokemon forum and there are places for people that want to trade... right?

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

I don't do the whole online thing. I'm not computer savy, I don't want to spend extra money on whatever it is you need to be online, I just enjoy playing my game, and action replay allows me to do different things with it, I do not competitively battle so there isn't any unfairness there, and honestly I don't even use any cheats to level up my pokemon, change their stats, or any thing, I just like getting rare pokemon at the beginning of the game so I can actually use them. Because honestly there are a whole bundle of pokemon that you can't get until you beat the game, and when you get them what's the point? You can't play through the game with them, because you've already beaten it, so the pokemon is just an ornament.

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
No real drawback just people like legit over hacked.

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM
The Last One

Quote:
I don't do the whole online thing. I'm not computer savy, I don't want to spend extra money on whatever it is you need to be online, I just enjoy playing my game, and action replay allows me to do different things with it, I do not competitively battle so there isn't any unfairness there, and honestly I don't even use any cheats to level up my pokemon, change their stats, or any thing, I just like getting rare pokemon at the beginning of the game so I can actually use them. Because honestly there are a whole bundle of pokemon that you can't get until you beat the game, and when you get them what's the point? You can't play through the game with them, because you've already beaten it, so the pokemon is just an ornament.

umm you know you can play it AGAIn right? because how else are you supposed to get all your pokemon to level 100?.. exactly.. play it AGAIN

and what do you mean byu "beat the game" because you must have all Pokemon to "beat the game" correct? or are you just simply saying beat the Elite Four the first time? because taht is not beating the game

Old July 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Ummm no if you want to play it again and fight the 8-16 gym leaders, go trough the story, and fight the elite four (you know, the stuff that makes it fun) you have to start the game over, and doing so erases all of your pokemon, and some people don't want to spend 100+ dollars on another DS and game to trade the pokemon over, and I do not care about getting all of the pokemon, so as far as I'm concerned, after the champion it's game over.

Old July 15th, 2011, 02:27 PM
The Last One

that is not true for let's say Leafgreen and Firered, after defaeating the champion the first time, you must go to islands 1-7 and complete all the stuff there, you can also then breed after defeating the champion the first time, THEN after you are done at the Islands, you can go back to the Elite 4 and there you go, they are even MORE powerful then.. so actually it isnt over in taht case after u defeat the Champion.. and having rare/legendary Pokemon in the beggining ruins the morals of how Pokemon is suppsoed to be played, if you wanna get pissed off because your pokemon were not strong enough for 1 opponet, you go and train, that is how it was meant to be played

Old July 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

No you don't understand, I train my pokemon like crazy, I just do not see the point in owning a rare pokemon if you won't be able to use it against the gym leaders and elite four in the main storyline, which is over by the time you beat the elite four the first time. I never said that I was mad because my pokemon weren't strong enough.

Old July 15th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I'm not a good breeder. I don't wanna spend time breeding for perfect IVs, natures, abilities, etc. If I were a competitive battler, I personally wouldn't mind battling a hacked team that was hacked in such a way it wasn't possible to tell. That's what a lot of YouTube battlers do and personally, I don't blame them. I mean, you build your own Pokemon in PO to my understanding. Only difference with using something like PokeGen or PokeSav is that you're actually putting it on your game. I don't see a big deal, unless you're hacking crazy stats and the wrong moves, abilities, etc and making it an obvious hack. Theeeen we'll have a problem. And I don't wanna be traded a hack. idk. I personally don't hack, but if other people wanna, then go ahead. Kinda ruins the fun, but as far as competitive stuff goes, it just cuts back on it. We're not all breeding geniuses and not all of us have the time to EV train, let alone breed anyway.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there

Last edited by Jak; July 15th, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Nature: Calm
It isn't as rewarding to use hacked Pokemon, as others have mentioned. Not only that, but some people hack stats, or as someone said above, hack Wondereyes or Wondertombs.
Personally, I don't care if people hack, it's their game, but if they use them online, now that's just plain wrong. I would also personally never hack, it isn't as fun. For instance, putting a cheat to make it so you always get shinies or using the RNG trick (which is cheating, no matter what anyone tries to cover it with), wouldn't be as fun as using the Mesuda method (which isn't a cheat, as it was purposely put in the game..) or soft resetting with legendaries until you get a shiny. I mean, how awesome would it be to finally get a Shiny Rayquaza after like 50 SRs and then training it to level 100? It would be a hella lot more fun than just hacking it to be shiny, level 100, Flawless IVs, and etc.
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
I'm not afraid of them, it's just unfair to play competitively with hacked Pokèmon.
I mean, would you like to face a Max SP.Atk/Max Speed Wondertomb, maybe with some boost in these stats to outspeed your Pokès and kill you?

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM
MonsterMMORPG
Monster Game Developer
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
i think only reason can be getting banned from online battles
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here