The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
The only time I've ever hacked a game to get Pokemon was to get a few legendaries in Black that I couldn't get otherwise (Arceus, Genesect, Darkrai, etc.) I didn't hack them to be at level 100, or to have certain stats or moves; I only wanted to get them somehow because it didn't seem fair that the game developers wouldn't let me. As a matter of principle, I don't hack under normal circumstances.
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:55 AM
avolonsaber

I'm not scared of hacked Pokemon, I just get really annoyed with them at times. If someone wants to hack themselves a Legendary or event Pokemon that's fine with me, heck, even teams of Pokemon are okay, as long as they're "legitimately" hacked. The 4 teams I use for competitive battling on Black are all hacked (I <3 you Pokegen) but their stats, moves, and abilities are all still "legal". What makes me ragequit is when I'm battling someone who clearly has cheap, "illegal" Pokemon, like a Jolteon with Volt Tackle or No Guard Hypnotizing Gengar.

Spending hours EV training and breeding just seems pointless to me when I can make an entire team in around 25 minutes, the fact that I hack my Pokes doesn't mean I love 'em any less or that I'm not as good of a battler, I'm just lazy :p
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by avolonsaber View Post
I'm not scared of hacked Pokemon, I just get really annoyed with them at times. If someone wants to hack themselves a Legendary or event Pokemon that's fine with me, heck, even teams of Pokemon are okay, as long as they're "legitimately" hacked. The 4 teams I use for competitive battling on Black are all hacked (I <3 you Pokegen) but their stats, moves, and abilities are all still "legal". What makes me ragequit is when I'm battling someone who clearly has cheap, "illegal" Pokemon, like a Jolteon with Volt Tackle or No Guard Hypnotizing Gengar.

Spending hours EV training and breeding just seems pointless to me when I can make an entire team in around 25 minutes, the fact that I hack my Pokes doesn't mean I love 'em any less or that I'm not as good of a battler, I'm just lazy :p
You hit the nail right on the head, If you "hack" a pokemon it should NOT be cheap like making your pokemon's sats be like 500 or giving crobat Hydro Cannon. The problem is that people think that most "hackers" do that, when I use action replay to get pokemon, the pokemon are normal. In fact I really do not consider them "hacked" because they are exactly the same as normal pokemon, when you get a pokemon with AR you modify the pokemon that show up in the wild.

Old July 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Elster
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I personally avoid hacks because even if most reports of game-breaking ones are exaggerated, I'd prefer to keep my game clean.

I'm okay with others using them so long as they don't try to pass them off as legit in battles or trades. However, obviously fake hacks (shinies with perfect IVs and illegal moves and abilities...) are simply ridiculous.
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
dejaybee
Unhatched Egg

Is it considered cheating if you trade your started to another game and raise it there then trade it back

is it considered cheating if i traded my starter pokemon to another game and raised it to level 100 and traded it back (it still listens to me because the game its on now is the OT

Last edited by dejaybee; November 21st, 2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
dejaybee, please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in in over a month. This is from last year. ;( Feel free to make a new thread for this topic though!

Locked.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here