Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Suggestion: Community Quick Questions Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old July 18th, 2011 (08:10 AM). Edited July 18th, 2011 by Melody.
My Strong Resolve
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
I know people won't search. The point of my argument is to make a thread for each common inquiry type so people DON'T HAVE to search nearly as hard.

Look at the "Where do I post __" thread. Notice how it's only 3 pages long and rarely gets replies? That's not always because noobs are stupid and just post a new thread, it's because when they LOOK through those 3 pages, they find a question very similar to theirs already asked and answered and end up not having to post! Because the thread is short, it doesn't take searching through, or any massive effort to find the answer. The work is already done by the presence of the thread itself, and most of the variations of the question in the thread's title has already been asked. If one needs to ask a variation on that question that isn't answered, someone can post in that thread and helpful members will answer it. It's not an intimidating 1000 page thread that no one in their right mind would read in it's entirety. By dividing the common question forms into threads we get small threads like this that are easy to read through without spending too long on.

In a thread like that too, those answers don't get stale and don't need to, they always hold true, until someone rearranges the forum, which is a very rare scenario.

TL;DR
Quote:
Point is, people don't care enough to search no matter how easy you make it.
That is false. Make it easy enough and they will come to the information. Staff members can appropriately handle the few idiots who ARE that lazy, and they are by no means a majority. They only seem like the majority because they're the only ones who post new threads. Most sensible users have already found the answer by searching. If someone is too stupid or dense to do a little searching for the answer, then they are on the wrong path anyway, and probably didn't read the rules in the first place, in which case the staff will end up infracting them out or getting their attention enough to make them care about the rules.

The idea is to discourage strays yes, by making it drop dead simple to find an answer. It's not a cure, no idea ever is. Noobs will be noobs. The simple idea is to make it even more easy to find, so we have fewer simpletons to deal with.

Combining all simple questions into one thread? You'll make it to 1k+ pages in a hurry and that doesn't solve the problem of answers being repeated redundantly. That is the root of the problem. Either you tolerate things the way they are or you facilitate ways that ensure that good answers don't have to be parroted every time. I guarantee you any Simple Questions thread will suffer the same problem individual threads do. Being answered by several people. So If that's the problem, then make sure people know that's not cool. If you must do like NU/W does, then do it.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the NU/W rules, but if it solved the problem there, why not? If you require answers to questions to differ appreciably or add more depth to an existing answer then that's just fine by me.
Old July 18th, 2011 (01:10 PM).
Crystal Tier

I don't know if this belongs here or not, but I didn't feel it was necessary to make a thread about it. Could someone delete my soft deleted blog entries? I've had it done before, so I was wondering if it can be done again?

Old July 18th, 2011 (01:19 PM). Edited July 18th, 2011 by Patchisou Yutohru.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Physically removed your soft deleted entries.

If you (or anyone else) would like an entry removed, contact me or another h-staff, preferably me, though! :)
Old July 18th, 2011 (01:59 PM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Vrai:
...only see positive benefits from doing that - at the very least, hopefully it will cut down somewhat on the threads made that only require one or two simple answers and get twenty replies, most of which say the same thing in different ways.
Yeah it really sucks when someone comes into a thread and repeats what 12 people already said in the thread. *cough* *looks up 3 posts*

Regardless, the whole point of the CQ&F forum is for any legit question about the forum - no matter how big or small. There is no reason for a QQ thread. No if's, and's or but's. It would be nice if certain members disappeared again and stop arguing with others just for the sake of arguing.

Kamex - Drill - Sleeper
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)