Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 23rd, 2016 (7:23 PM).
Fluorite's back, brah
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
D&D Pokémon Editor

Hey guys, I'm Danny0317 and I've been working on this tool recently. It's the Java version of D&D Pokémon Editor. As of right now it's quite early in it's development and semi-funtional. By the time I'm done with this tool hopefully it'll be one of the best pokemon editing tools around.

Features
Some of these have not been programmed yet in the Java version. I'm working on it, so coming soon.
  • Support for pretty much expanded everything - Evolutions, Pokémon, Attacks, Abilities, etc!
  • Flexible XML File to suit your needs - Customize things to your liking.. No need to worry if you repoint offsets, the tool will check the pointer of a pointer so it'll always have the right offset!
  • Import and Export Pokemon - Save Pokémon information into small .pkmn files for whatever reason you may have. There will be online resources eventually!
  • Mass Import or Export Pokemon - Same as above, but for more than one Pokémon at once.. Wanna import all the pokemon from further generations? No problem!
  • Fluid EV System - Not programmed yet, but much like the C# Version, EV's will be extremely customizable!
  • Cross Compatiblity - That's right! Since it's in java the tool is able to be used on most common OS's!

Screenshots

More to come! I just finished programming this window today!

Downloads
~Coming soon~

Source code
Meh.. eventually when I clean it up.

Help needed!
If anyone can explain to me how to decompress lz77 images, that'd be super cool.

Huge thanks to Locksmitharmy, Joexv, and Lost Heart for answering my questions back when I was a noob. Obviously to Dark Zeta as well for programming a majority of the C# Version.

Anyways, that's all. Hope you guys like the tool. Feel free to comment suggestions.

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 24th, 2016 (12:28 PM).
Shiny Scizor

Nature: Adamant
Very awesome! Looking forward to it!
Old February 24th, 2016 (3:27 PM).
One World Under XV
Silver Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Joexv
I support anything thats got my name on it!(well anything actually worthwhile)

Looking forward to a release!

My Rom hacks
A New Dawn---Gentlemon
Not in Production:
Blackened Night---Holiday Hacks
Old February 24th, 2016 (6:50 PM).

Nature: Calm
oh yessss.I am having problem opening VB apps(0x7c00000).now this is what I need.I am definitely looking forward to it!!
Old February 26th, 2016 (7:34 PM). Edited February 29th, 2016 by Danny0317.
Fluorite's back, brah
Gold Tier

Hey guys, just a little update!

The tool will have a brand new XML/ini type of thing. It'll much definitely be a lot easier to use than regular XML/inis, and it just looks a lot more organized in general.

Here's an example:

Code:
D&D Pokémon Editor

If it is an offset, put the pointer to it, not the offset itself!
Si es un puntero, ¡pon el puntero al puntero, no la dirección!

New ROM: BPEE
Amount of Pokémon = 412
Amount of types = 16
Amount of items = 377
Amount of abilities = 78
Base stats = 0x128
Names = 0x144
Type names = 0x166F4
Abilities = 0x1C0
items = 0x1C8
I'm doing all of my testing as of now on Emerald (BPEE) which is why it's so small at the moment. As of now it's fully functional!

Say, I wanted to add Fire Red (which will come with the program, no worries), what would I do?

First, you'd add a new line which says:
Code:
New ROM: BPRE
After that, you'd just copy and paste the other things and put the corresponding values to go along with it!

It's not that big of a change from ini and XML, but imo it looks a lot more cleaner. I hate how in XML and inis there's pretty much a lack of spaces which makes everything seemed cramped.

Also, another thing, there's been a slight change in the GUI! The Pokémon List is now outside of the Pokémon Information panel.. take a look!

What do you guys think?

Btw, if anyone here is also developing tools in java, and would want the class, just hmu.
Old February 29th, 2016 (6:37 AM).
floating... floating... gone...
ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Quirky
I have to question why the data format mixes colons and equal signs. Can you just use whatever you feel like, or does it actually matter? It would be a lot more convenient for users if you picked one and stuck with it.

I applaud you for attempting to create a multi-platform tool, but there are much better ways to do it than with Java, which creates GUI that look out of place on any operating system and (speaking from personal experience) do not scale on some computers, rendering them unusable.

mod github pair
Old February 29th, 2016 (5:48 PM).
Fluorite's back, brah
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostelle View Post
I have to question why the data format mixes colons and equal signs. Can you just use whatever you feel like, or does it actually matter? It would be a lot more convenient for users if you picked one and stuck with it.

I applaud you for attempting to create a multi-platform tool, but there are much better ways to do it than with Java, which creates GUI that look out of place on any operating system and (speaking from personal experience) do not scale on some computers, rendering them unusable.
That was just a mistake, fixed it after I posted and forgot to update.

I appreciate your input on this, but... I won't change it. Java and C# are pretty much the only two languages I know. I know Java isn't the best, but it's getting the job done and I don't really see the problem with it.

Sponsored Links