The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old July 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
The Eviolite: an item that gives NFE Pokemon a whole new competitive life, but which ones use it best? Obviously, the best ones around are Porygon2, Dusclops and Chansey. But there are many more that can worth use this item. So, do your bets and try to figure out all together, so we can make some strategies.

I see a good use of it with Shieldon and Nosepass. Come on, think about it.
Granitic defences, coupled by a good Attack stat, they can wreck the enemies, better with a Trick Room set in.

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
Togetic is a good user of it, because it can Bp Nasty Plot, 85 / 105 isn't too shabby, and gets raised by 50% with the item.

I've seen a lot of people use Shelgon with the eviolite in UU. It's pretty bulky anyway and coupled with it, becomes even more bulkier, Protect/Toxic/Wish/Outrage/Dragon Claw are pretty much it's options.

I've seen some Eviolite Vigoroth's around, they're not that good since they only have 80/80/55, it can take a physical hit but it's mauled by special attacks.

But to be honest, anything that isn't Porygon2, Chansey or Dusclops is just gimmicky, and should be tested well and should have some function.

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Sean13

Chansey, and Porygon2 are by far superior to all other Eviolite users.

Chansey can survive most attacks, even physical ones, while porygon2 just trolls with his +400 defenses if you invest EVs correctly.

Dusclops is probably UU's best eviolite user.
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
cartercr
Sour Kangaroo's best friend!

Outside of LC, only Chansey really runs it well. Dusclops and Porygon2 can run it, but Chansey is the best.
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

BW FC: 1463 6132 2390
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean13 View Post
Chansey, and Porygon2 are by far superior to all other Eviolite users.

Chansey can survive most attacks, even physical ones, while porygon2 just trolls with his +400 defenses if you invest EVs correctly.

Dusclops is probably UU's best eviolite user.
Don't put Dusclops down so fast. He's quite the beast, even in OU. He can wall like hell with his base 130 defenses, although his Hp stat let him down. But hey he can't be perfect.

Pain Split works to his advantage with a low Hp stat. He can trick room, burn, poison a lot of things.

Out of the three, only Porygon2 made it into OU, whilst Chansey and Dusclops fell into UU

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Murkrow @ Eviolite
~ Sassy / 252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 SpD
~ Prankster
# Mean Look
# Perish Song
# Featherdance
# Roost

And everyone knows the only thing Nosepass is good for is evolving into a Probopass at Level 2 and running

Probopass @ Leftovers
~ Hasty / 252 SPE / (IV -- 0 HP / 0 DEF / 0 SpD)
~ Sturdy
# Pain Split
# Taunt
# Magic Coat
# Toxic

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Sean13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Don't put Dusclops down so fast. He's quite the beast, even in OU. He can wall like hell with his base 130 defenses, although his Hp stat let him down. But hey he can't be perfect.

Pain Split works to his advantage with a low Hp stat. He can trick room, burn, poison a lot of things.

Out of the three, only Porygon2 made it into OU, whilst Chansey and Dusclops fell into UU
I'm not putting him down, I never said he was bad, but I'd say he wouldn't be able to cut it for OU as OU has a lot of hit and run attackers. Dusclops would stand a small chance with its measly HP.

I'd say he'd burn/poison at least only 1 poké, maybe 2 if you predict well.

Surprised Chansey is UU, but I don't really pay attention to Smogon tiers, more so of PO's tiers, but I might go back to smogon tiers when they clear up more in the future.
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

^ Ah, gotcha.

Scyther is also another gimmicky user. With 70/80/80 he can take a hit and then fight back, getting technician Aerial Ace is a nice little joy :3 SD and Roost can also help it, although it has other moves to take advantage off. But overall it isn't the best eviolite Pokemon to use, offensively, since it's movepool sucks and it has awful typing including a 4x weakness to SR.

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old July 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Chansey and Porygon2 are by far the best abusers. Dusclops is... alright, but a lack of utility in general is what makes it worse than the other two, I think. Chansey has Wish and a gigantic HP stat - coupled with its defenses + Eviolite, hardly anything can outright OHKO it, let alone 2HKO it. Porygon2 has a useful niche in being able to hit Pokemon with excellent coverage and Trace in general is a wonderful ability, reflecting Intimidate, copying Flash Fire from Heatran to take Fire Blasts easy, etc. Dusclops... just doesn't have those things, and it also lacks reliable recovery that the other two have. :(

Scyther is neat in UU, getting off an SD and Roosting away damage before Baton Passing it somewhere cool. ;o
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Lola Amberthighs
Booted out - don't be like me!

Ivysaur uses it well, as does Blastoise
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Amberthighs View Post
Ivysaur uses it well, as does Blastoise
Since when Blastiose can evolve? o.O Didn't you want to say Wartortle?
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
I've never tried Porygon2, just Dusclops and Chansey. Both were pretty good, I wouldn't expect them to be in UU. XD

I've heard a bit about Eviolite Magneton. Some people say it works better than Magnezone, but I've never tried it, so I wouldn't know. :(
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarowl View Post
I've never tried Porygon2, just Dusclops and Chansey. Both were pretty good, I wouldn't expect them to be in UU. XD

I've heard a bit about Eviolite Magneton. Some people say it works better than Magnezone, but I've never tried it, so I wouldn't know. :(
You should try Porygon2, he's amazingly good and bulky.

Eviolite Magneton isn't too shabby, I mean he has decent defensive stats; unlike most of the other eviolite users he can make use of his base 115 Special attack stat iirc? He can act like a poor mans Magnezone, or a UU Magnezone <:

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old July 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

You should try Porygon2, he's amazingly good and bulky.

Eviolite Magneton isn't too shabby, I mean he has decent defensive stats; unlike most of the other eviolite users he can make use of his base 115 Special attack stat iirc? He can act like a poor mans Magnezone, or a UU Magnezone <:
Magneton is also faster than Magnezone, which can help it outspeed things like Scizor.
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

I find Gligar to run Eviolite well. I use it on my sand team with Sand Veil for evasion as well as Toxic and Protect to stall them into dying.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
ryziken
Neutral scientist

Nature: Lax
Gurdurr can become a stalling beast with it. Especially ones that run Bulk Up and Drain Punch w/ Guts!! o_0

Anybody who watches Xenon's wifi battle videos on Youtube knows what I mean!

GEN 6: 2062 9386 5284 (X version)
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
The worst part about Eviolite walls in general is their tendency to be completely Taunt/Sub/Toxic-immune set-up bait. Most of them have a really hard time doing damage to anything without using Toxic except things like Magneton and Gurdurr to an extent, although their power level still isn't top-notch like their evolutions are. I just generally would prefer to use the fully evolved versions because while the boost in bulk is awesome, the fact that they lose most forms of offense just kinda bites the big one for me. :( Plus, a large chunk of them don't get solid recovery either, so yeah.

Chansey and the like are still good, but... I dunno, I just am not a fan of using them. Do any of you actually consistently use Eviolite Pokemon in your matches? Why/why not?
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
The worst part about Eviolite walls in general is their tendency to be completely Taunt/Sub/Toxic-immune set-up bait. Most of them have a really hard time doing damage to anything without using Toxic except things like Magneton and Gurdurr to an extent, although their power level still isn't top-notch like their evolutions are. I just generally would prefer to use the fully evolved versions because while the boost in bulk is awesome, the fact that they lose most forms of offense just kinda bites the big one for me. :( Plus, a large chunk of them don't get solid recovery either, so yeah.

Chansey and the like are still good, but... I dunno, I just am not a fan of using them. Do any of you actually consistently use Eviolite Pokemon in your matches? Why/why not?
I see where you're coming from about being bait and not being able to strike back. That puts me off them. \:

The only Eviolite Pokemon I use now are; Chansey, Porygon2, Dusclops and to an extent Golbat. Golbat was mainly for hazing and Super Fang. I don't use him all the time.

I used to run an Eviolite team that actually did well, it consisted of Gurdurr, Magneton, Golbat, Cottonee, Chansey and Dusclops.

Team Rocket!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old July 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
A lot of them are mentioned here. Chansey, Porygon2, Dusclops, and Scyther are among the best abusers of Eviolite.

Old July 28th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Cycle
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Eviolite Lairon, Tangela, and Murkrow are among my favorites.

P2, Chansey and Dusclops work as well, though taunt shuts them down real bad, while Lairon can hit hard with head smash, Tangela can spam Giga drain, and Murkrow has priority taunt.
Old July 28th, 2011, 04:05 PM
vPHOTONv
Breeder/EV Trainer

Going off my UU experiance, in 4th gen. I actually have quite a few Eviolite pokies.

since the obvious have been stated. I will throw in a few other things pokemon nobody has mentioned so far.

I will have to throw in a Gabite and a Seadra.

Seadra is a mini Kingdra and has the same Sp.A/Spe/Def as it's growed up form. Plus it's ability to learn most moves that it's bigger form can really throws people off. Swift Swim is out of the picture though, Sadly.

Gabite- I used it a little in UU battles on PO and it held it's own, unexpected twist to the normal mons seen.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links