The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
darktyranitar121
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
This is my current Firered Team. If you could rate or suggest how to make it better, please do.

Vileplume: Lv: 45
Petal Dance
Solar Beam
Sleep Powder
Sunny Day

Gyrados: Lv: 45
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Toxic
Earthquake

Electabuzz: Lv: 46
Thunderpunch
Thunder
Light Screen
Double Edge

Dragonair: Lv: 45
Dragon Rage
Surf
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam

Mr. Mime: Lv: 46
Magical Leaf
Psychic
Counter
Safeguard

Charizard: Lv: 45
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Fly
Protect

Last edited by darktyranitar121; August 24th, 2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
This definitely belongs in In-Game team Help, so I'll move it there.

As for FR/LG, I usually just counterteam the Elite Four. To be honest, I usually find the early Flying-types mostly useless, though they do cover Blastoise's Grass-type problems early on before you can teach it Ice Beam and deal with Bruno's Hitmons (and Machamp too if you're at a high enough level).

I would definitely get Hitmonlee. As soon as you get to Celadon, get the Tea and win it at the Fighting Dojo. This gives you an easy win against Lorelei...and really, neutral Hi Jump Kick hurts really badly.

Definitely keep Blastoise and go with Surf/Ice Beam/filler/filler. Hydro Cannon is actually a decent filler in-game because it can really hammer frail mons like Gengar in one hit. Just don't abuse it. You'll be solid against Lance with Ice Beam though his Pokemon have some real bulk.

Lastly, I would consider Snorlax. It's very bulky and powerful, and inducing sleep is hugely useful with Yawn. Bosy Slam's para rate can really help with its horrible Speed as well.

~wolf: defeated every lead except elf :>
d_a-bread house: what about metagross
~wolf: ok that too
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
darktyranitar121
Beginning Trainer

Thanks! I have a couple of questions, however.
1) Opinions on Eggecutor and or Magneton?
Eggecutor is Grass-Phychic and can wipe the floor with Bruno, and Magneton can easily beat Lorelei, and can hold its own against Agatha, because Steel types cant be poisoned. (at least i dont think so.)

2) Where the heck can i find Ice Beam? Ive tried to find it numerous times, and i cant seem to find it...
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktyranitar121 View Post
2) Where the heck can i find Ice Beam? Ive tried to find it numerous times, and i cant seem to find it...
Ice Beam is in the Game Corner, iirc. :3;
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:43 AM
darktyranitar121
Beginning Trainer

Yup ur right i looked it up. It's a prize in the game corner alright.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here