< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central Emotionally attached?

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central

Closed Thread Closed Thread
Old July 24th, 2011 (7:36 AM).
Gold Tier
Heh, well I think this is an interesting topic. The question may sound a little exaggerated but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Do you find yourself get emotionally attached to the Pokémon you train in your games? I mean, I know you can't really communicate with them and such, but you do work hard to train most of them, and some help you out through most of the games.

Like, I sometimes feel pretty bad when one of my Pokémon faints and feel sorry for it, rather than get angry. xD
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old July 24th, 2011 (8:21 AM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform
Nature: Naughty
That what Nuzlockes are for too.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old July 24th, 2011 (8:40 AM).
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Gold Tier
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
Yeah, I get this a lot. Especially if they're one of the species I like - I hate having to trade poké's I've had a long time and I feel so bad if they faint.l

Especially if they're my only chance of winning the battle :x
I can be your sugar
I can be all soft
If you like spicy food I'll make it hot
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old July 24th, 2011 (8:46 AM).
Wild Duck Pokémon
Gold TierCS
Nature: Impish
Yeah, I call this Pokemon Eric the Honchkrow.

I raised him since he was just a little Murkrow, and even though he's a total badass right now, I can't help but feel bad for him when he faints.

He's always in my party and he's almost always in first place if I'm not doing any sort of Battle-Tower esque stuff. He's bar none my favourite Pokemon in the entire game, over other Honchies and everything, and even though in general Murkrow is my favourite Pokemon, Eric always wins my heart over every time.
Old July 24th, 2011 (11:10 AM).
Buffalo State College
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
No, but I do have a Swampert that I had since 2003, 8 years of a Pokemon traveling through time.

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old July 24th, 2011 (11:14 AM).
. . .
Silver Tier
Yeah, I have felt that way a couple of times before, especially with my starters.
Old July 24th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I get emotionally attached to my starter Pokemon, as well as any of the Pokemon I train or breed for competitively.

Old July 24th, 2011 (5:44 PM).
You blinked, didn't you?
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Smooky
I literally call my Pokemon my babies. I raise many of my favorites from hatchlings, and I develop a parental bond with them. I imagine them with their personalities, and allow myself to be completely sucked into the "Pokeverse". Sometimes I like to brag about my "children" to my other Pokemon-playing friends. Luckily, they don't think it's weird, because they do the same thing lol.

I was devastated when I lost Platinum... I only hope that if anyone found it, they didn't erase my babies! My precious little ones! T_T

My babies.
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:35 PM).
Nature: Calm
Kinda like Smooky said.
I don't refer to them as my baby's but.. I also love my Pokémon and imagine them with their personalities etc <3
I also try to get my Pokémon through various events (trading with friends, spin off games, in game events ect) so that many of my Pokémon have a background story of where I got them from.
Vulpix has always been my fav Pokémon - I got mine from XD. I specially like the Colosseum/XD Pokémon due to the story with needing to get friendly with them before unlocking their hearts etc.
My Vulpix didn't end up getting a too good nature but.. I love her either way <3
And again, same as Smooky, I lost my Ruby (or rather a friend deleted it...) with my very first Pokémon ever D:
Old July 24th, 2011 (11:07 PM).
they can't love me like you
Gold Tier
Nature: Modest
I don't get really attached to them. But I find it hard to watch my starter Pokemon get knocked out. ;-; Because y'know it's my starter, they usually stick with me throughout the entire game until I transfer. If I start a new game I'll usually trade it. But then forget about it. ;-;

For some reason I get attached to my Pokemon in Nuzlockes, I get attached to them quicker and for some reason get really annoyed when they die.

But I don't get freakishly attached.
Why can't you hold me in the street
Why can't I kiss you on the dancefloor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that
Cos I'm yours

Why can't I say that I'm in love
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that
Cos I'm yours

ask.fm // #1 // #2 // tumblr // twitter // 1349 6159 4149 // get weird
Old July 29th, 2011 (11:34 AM).
<3 Sneasel.
Nature: Naive
Now that I think about it, I really do. I don't refer to them as my babies or anything like that, but I do get sad when they faint and I imagine they have personalities that I guess I do get attached to. I also get sad whenever I restart my games, even if I hadn't been playing in quite some time.
Old July 29th, 2011 (11:43 AM).
Brony Hacker
Nature: Jolly
I really do get attached to my Pokemon. I don't know how to live without without my Blaziken!
Hacks I'm currently working on:
Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Ruin - My own hack, "actively" making progress.
3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapped assigned maps. Hoping for more some time.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing my hack as a fanfic.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old July 29th, 2011 (12:02 PM).
That Croconaw
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mrcroconaw Send a message via Skype™ to mrcroconaw
I've definitely gotten attached to my Pokemon, that's for sure. I can't stand it when my Pokemon faint when I could've easily prevented it, haha. Every Pokemon I've ever owned/trained with me to the Champion is special to me, that's for sure.
My deviantART: http://awesomesaucejayare.deviantart.com/
Old July 29th, 2011 (12:12 PM).
Reshiram big time! I probably would even if Reshiram was real! I would treat Reshiram like royalty...
Old July 29th, 2011 (1:03 PM).
Camelot Castaway
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lieutenant Unstable Send a message via Yahoo to Lieutenant Unstable Send a message via Skype™ to Lieutenant Unstable
Yeah, I definitely get attached, and I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha!

I'll feel really bad/sad when they faint, and a lot of times I'll coax them through a hard battle. I'll even feel bad if I give them too long of a break from battling with me cos I start to think they feel neglected or something...lol.
Claimed in the name of INSANITY!

My Livejournal __ My Twitter ___ My Facebook

Feel free to PM/VM I'm always looking to make new friends!

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old July 29th, 2011 (1:38 PM).
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Gold Tier
Nature: Rash
Charmander... it was my first ever pokemon in pokemon games :')

Old July 29th, 2011 (2:44 PM).
Nature: Jolly
Well of course I get attached to the Pokemon I raise. They become friendly with me, so it's only natural that I would feel the same way. Raising Pokemon is like raising a pet: there isn't really much point to raising them if you don't feel even a little love for them.
Old August 1st, 2011 (9:09 PM).
I'm total nuzlocke- I never let any of my Pokemon faint. If they do, I restart. I don't want my friendship with them to be damaged because of a petty battle!
Old August 2nd, 2011 (12:56 AM).
Nature: Adamant
Absolutly, especially my starter. The fullyevolved starter could be a worse Pokemon than Sunkurn and Magikarp , and I would still use it on my team.

After all, it's the first Pokemon that you have on your team.
Currently doing:

* Kanto: 8/8 Badges + Champion Defeated (Completed)
* Johto: 2/16 Badges
Old August 2nd, 2011 (9:49 AM).
Pokémon master.
Nature: Calm
Not really, the only timei felt attached was when i was going to reset my ruby version.. mannn all them pokémon and all the time i spent raising them in them childhood. Was hard letting go

My SS Team -
Old August 2nd, 2011 (10:11 AM).
Nature: Careful
I tend to get somewhat attached to my favorite Pokemon. I always have favorites on my team, and I feel really bad if they ever faint. I don't feel bad about the ones I don't like as much though, as awful as that sounds. XD

Old August 2nd, 2011 (11:29 AM).
Nature: Quiet
YES, I do. I almost never restart my games, since I don't want to lose all my hard work training them.
"Spend a little time each day tricking out your obituary."
Old August 2nd, 2011 (12:18 PM).
Sometimes I'll feel bad about just throwing a pokemon into the PC and never using it, like it doesn't get to experience life to the fullest. However, the one thing that's made me "feel" the most in a Pokemon game is not a pokemon, but one of the characters. Bianca. For the first time, I feel genuinely bad about beating someone. I'll often give her a fighting chance and allow her to take a few of of my pokemon out before winning cause I want her to feel better about her ability.

It's sad, really, that I care so much about a blob of pixels's feelings.
My SoulSilver Team

Friend Codes
Diamond: 1893-3020-5884
SoulSilver: 1936-0731-9729
White: 4727-9870-4645

Old August 2nd, 2011 (1:52 PM).
Aerial Ace
Not sure if it's the same, but I remember having a bit of an attachment to Weedle when I first started playing Pokemon. Weedle was my first ever Pokemon card, and I remember playing Yellow and being super disappointed that you can't catch Weedles in Yellow ;_; oh, to be 8 years old again.
Old August 2nd, 2011 (2:07 PM).
I have this one Magnezone that I'm really attached to. It's pretty much in my party the whole time. I migrated it from Sapphire, to Diamond, and then to Black. And now it's level 87. <3

I may get attached to my other pokemon, but just not as much as my Magnezone.
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links