The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: How are you enjoying this Roleplay?
It's awesome!!!! 6 100.00%
It's okay 0 0%
It sucks 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
That works, but there is one thing that I don't like about this. I'm worried that Legion will be too over powered with the Regi's, Darkrai, and the weather trio.

Old September 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
I agree! Let's go for that! Oh, and Nido, I posted. Sorry for the wait.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

So like I said, Legion's gonna have a lot of power with the weather trio, the regi trio, and Darkrai.... Ah whatever I'll just give the other groups some more legendaries.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Well... Legion won't be having Darkrai much longer.

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Who needs legendaries to get their point across? And there is nothing saying these people can't switch sides from time to time. And John, Earl, and Israel are going to have a lot of fun Roflpwning them all. :D

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

True, Mewtwo and Deoxys are probably going to get some character development later on. Mordecai is going to get a new legendary as his right hand Pokemon. See if you can guess it. It's kind of obvious really.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

If it isn't Jirachi, I want to say... Reshiram?

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nope, i'd give you a hint but I can't think of anything that wouldn't give it away. Alright, I'll give you one hint, it's pokedex entry mentions Team Plasma.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Nideous

My goodness Israel is full of himself. And if you think about it, you just said his was John in somewhat nicer terms. And putting John down at the same time. How funny, saying you're better than someone and saying you are them in the same breath. Just thought I'd point that out.

Edit: And I say Genosect, or however it's spelled.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:57 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Oh no, he didn't say that he was John, he said that John was like the bullies he faced when he grew up. Israel then made it a point to be stronger than them so basically he's saying that he's stronger than John.

And Genosect is correct.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Nideous

You misunderstood. You showed his personality in terms that are a lot like John. They are rather similar, just John is a bit darker. I'll do a comparison using what you posted and examples from John in a minute. You'll see what I mean then.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Yeah, but Israel doesn't realize their similarities. That's how most archenemies are, similar but on opposite sides. In this case both are on their own sides. Differences in personality though are how they insult people. Israel cracks wise while John just insults them. Also Israel is on the side of good despite his almost villain like behavior ironically because of the morals taught to him by his father. That, and he believes in a good and loving God.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Nideous

Here we go. Stuf about Israel that you posted will be in italics.

Israel had a cutting tongue, made fun of abuse victims, and was prone to rage. John is the same, but he has no issues swearing up a storm. He also makes fun of everyone, no matter who they are.

However he had a warm heart underneath it all, that's part of the reason that Yasumi fell for him. This one not so much, but it is there. Why else would he agree, however annoyed he might be, to train Shea and Earl? He wouldn't have if he didn't have a warm heart... Somewhere under the twisted mess that he is.

Israel's attitude was partially a defense mechanism that he had set up earlier in his life. No differences here. John simply can't turn it off.

The only way to fight bullies was to stand up to them with words and fists, even if he lost. This, and his father.

That was basically what John was, a bully who takes his rage from home out on people that he thinks are weak. That was why he was so obsessed with strength, because to be without it was the equivalent to castration to him. He takes his rage out on everyone. Except for his few friends. And if he's ever without strength he'll work and gain more. Because he hates the weakness in himself.

The only way to fight his kind was to be stronger than him, and Israel was good at that. This is why Israel pursued strength. Again, no comment here. The only way to beat the strong was to become stronger himself.

But strength wasn't enough, the strong rule the weak, and the smart rule the strong. Israel became stronger by becoming smarter and being a good chess player. That was the secret to Israel's strength. Wow, this one is nuts! John views intelligence as strength. Sure, beating the foe through power alone is good, but what about foes that are just as tough as you? You have to be smarter than them. That's how John beat Israel last time. Because he played Israel's emotions like a fiddle. I'm betting that next time, that won't happen.

No matter what Israel's opponent throws at him he overcomes it with a strategy. Insert John where it says Israel. Seriously. The two of them build from their loss and turn it around on the other. That's why they'll go back and forth so much. That's why they will always win one then lose one.

Do you get my point now? The two of them are a lot alike, but neither one wants to admit it.

Edit: Most of John's insults are wise cracking. He's just not as subtle about it.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Yep, they are alike in ways that only enemies can be, like the Nazi's and the Communists, like Spiderman and Venom, and like Batman and the Joker (they are both freaken nuts). Huh, I'm trying to think of other examples that aren't totalitarian mass murderers and comic book characters but you get the point.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Shea Man
Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Over1375 View Post
Hmm..... I like this Vega, I really do. Also, he gets the Regi trio? Sweet. Someone like that would be awesome for Legion.

However, if Aspie wants him in HA, I'm cool with that.
You'd love him, you really would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie3000 View Post
Yeah, I just like that he'd be a sadist, but if he can be a sadist in Legion that's good too. Hey, lets let Nideous decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
I vote for a mix up. I say he should be in legion, and have the personality Shea was going to give him for the HA. And that should be interesting when he meets John, Shea, Earl, and Israel.
Nido's idea seems interesting, but I was intending for him to have a kind spirit if he wasn't capturing pokemon to kill them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie3000 View Post
That works, but there is one thing that I don't like about this. I'm worried that Legion will be too over powered with the Regi's, Darkrai, and the weather trio.
Not necessarily; The Regi Trio, and even Regigigas, and even Darkrai, with the help of Foresight, all have one common weakness: Fighting-type

I think that this match-up works well on that matter. I shall post for Vega's Profile as soon as I get a suitable picture, and I decide how sadistic he'll be; unless you see my point in only wanting him as a sadist in HA.

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Nideous

I see your point. And we have enough mean characters already. After all, most of our mains are mean, and almost everyone with an alt makes them mean as well. Hmm... Change my vote for straight up Legion. And the Regi trio and Darkrai shall fall to John and his pokemon that have a lot of fighting moves. :D

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Shea Man

See? Now, I'm bringing spice to the RP, albeit just Pepper.

But, then again, you're all bringing Salt.

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Nideous

Shea, you clearly haven't payed much attention to Jake, Six, and Seven have you. I brought sugar. :D

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Shea Man

Okay, I had this copied and ready. Reactions? The Snag Machine was a wild idea I thought would be unique, and I put the (citation needed) for comedic purposes

Name: Vega
Group: Legion

Appearence:

Biography: Vega is a boy born in the Alps of Romania, where he was raised to the age of Five, and then moved to Northeast Point in Maine. Not much is known about him, other than that he is the Legion Second-in-Command. His fighting style is that of the Sadist.

Personality: Vega is very dark, cold, and somewhat cruel at times, but he has a soft spot for Pokemon, and a respect for humanity. With this drive in mind, he fights Team Plasma and the Human Alliance for the good of the Earth. He dislikes taking others' Pokemon, but delights in defeating others after a long, leisurely battle.

Pokemon:
Chill the Regice; lvl 43
Chill was captured at Lake Michigan by Vega himself. It was Vega's first capture of the Regi trio, but is not his favorite. Chill dislikes heat, pressure, and flora.

Stone the Regirock; lvl 38
Stone was Vega's second capture, and is often his front lines due to his superior power to the others, but is so far Vega's least favorite of the three. Dislikes pressure, flora, and water.

Vladimir the Registeel; lvl 50
Named for the famous Emporer, Vladimir the Impaler, Vladimir was Vega's most recent capture of all. Vega treats Vladimir the best of the three, and even uses him after his other Pokemon. Vladimir dislikes heat, pressure, and water.

Finality the Gothitelle; lvl 47
Finality was Vega's first, and is treated as well as Vladimir, and the two are even acquainted. Finality, AKA Fin, is very cryptic in battle, but very happy to her master, Vega. Dislikes the other mystical elements; Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Poison

Goliath the Cacturne; lvl 41
Goliath, named after the famous warrior (whom was felled by David). Goliath is relatively neutral towards Vega, but enjoys the many battles he participates in. Goliath was Vega's second-to-last capture, and has been extremely useful to him. Dislikes heat, spirits, and toxic substances.

Ultimate Goal: Vega joined Legion to achieve peace once again among the world, and has devoted himself blindly to the work. He climbed up the chain and became Legion's Second. With this position, he hopes to round out his team with Regigigas, who is rumored to have been captured by some other trainer (citation needed). Paying heed to this rumor, Vega has ordered developement of a Snag Machine in case it's true.

EDIT:
Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bU

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous

Last edited by Shea Man; September 28th, 2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Nideous

I've got tomatoes. I grow them in the back of my truck.

Old September 13th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Shea Man

Just posting so you all know, Vega's CS is up.

EDIT: His real name's not Vega. It's his public alias. Only MiB knows his real name; Babylon Eventide

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous

Last edited by Shea Man; September 13th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Alright, it's good, and Shea is watching the battle so you can post now. Perhaps Shea can introduce himself to Israel.

Old September 13th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Shea Man

Indeed... I shall introduce Vega, and then revive Shea from the dead.

Note; Vega and Shea both are four letter words. So are Hate and Love, respectively.

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:41 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Hey, does anyone know a good theme for Yasumi? She's the only one that doesn't have one.

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Shea Man

Based on the story, Smile by Sixx: A.M.

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links