Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Anyone have any features that they think I should add?
Yes, you should... (comment) 3 60.00%
Nope, I have nothing. 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
For the pure list: Shellos (West Sea), Nidoran Female, Blitzle, Rufflet, Budew, Pidgey, Bidoof, Staryu, Heracross, Gligar, Mr. Mime, Sewaddle, Jigglypuff, Trapinch, Aron, Dratini, Deino, Geoudude, Exeggcute, Surskit, Litwick, Kling, Munna, Horsea, Hippopotas, Snover, Ponyta, Tangela, Abra, and Tauros

For the corrupt list: Shellos (East Sea), Nidoran Male, Electrike, Vullaby, Bellsprout, Starly, Rattata, Shellder, Pinsir, Scyther, Jynx, Venipede, Clefairy, Gible, Larvitar, Bagon, Axew, Rhyhorn, Foongus, Joltik, Duskull, Beldum, Koffing, Spheal, Cubone, Sneasel, Slugma, Lickitung, Gastly, and Bouffalant

Those are my current suggestions
Adding these to the other list, Pure has only one Ice, Electric and Dark, while Corrupt has only one Fighting and Steel. In contrast, Corrupt has seven Poison types, Pure has five Grass and Water, and both sides have five Flying and seven Normal (although that does include the birds). I think a little more balance is required. xD

Last edited by NikNaks; August 1st, 2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post
Adding these to the other list, Pure has only one Ice, Electric and Dark, while Corrupt has only one Fighting and Steel. In contrast, Corrupt has seven Poison types, Pure has five Grass and Water, and both sides have five Flying and seven Normal (although that does include the birds). I think a little more balance is required. xD
The current Pure list (without my suggestions) has two Fighting types (not counting Riolu) and two Electric types, whereas the Corrupt list has two Poison types, three Fire types and five Dark types (not counting Zorua).

But if you want a little balance, then we'll swap Heracross and Pinsir, Surskit and Joltik, Sewaddle and Venipede, and Mr. Mime and Jynx.
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly
It's still missing Darks from the Pure list, but that does make sense. As there's only 3 Electric lines in the entire list, I added Stunfisk opposite Dunsparce and left Joltik where it was (that leaves 2 each) and then I also added Cubchoo opposite Teddiursa (2:3 Ice types). I've also put Pawniard on the Corrupt side, but we need something to go opposite it for Pure. Also Machop and Timburr to add a Fighting type to each. Here's how it adds up on my list (I think this is accurate now):

Code:
7	9	Normal
3	3	Fighting
5	5	Flying
3	7	Poison
5	4	Ground
2	2	Rock
5	6	Bug
2	2	Ghost
2	2	Steel
3	4	Fire
5	4	Water
4	3	Grass
4	3	Electric
6	2	Psychic
2	3	Ice
2	3	Dragon
1	8	Dark
I'll see how it looks with the complete lines.

EDIT: Here it is with the lines:

Code:
15	18	Normal
6	5	Fighting
14	11	Flying
9	18	Poison
12	11	Ground
6	7	Rock
11	13	Bug
5	6	Ghost
6	6	Steel
7	9	Fire
11	9	Water
9	8	Grass
7	5	Electric
12	4	Psychic
4	7	Ice
8	8	Dragon
3	16	Dark
I'd made a mistake with the original calculations (derp), but if we take the Psychic/Dark disparity as read, considering how they represent good and bad, that doesn't look too shabby. Could still lose a poison on the Corrupt side, though.

Last edited by NikNaks; August 1st, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Looking good, bro. I like the fact that you don't have to use pokeballs, but, will the staves need to be charged or something like that? Also, there are more pokemon you can catch than what you showcased, correct?

Old August 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold
You forgot to credit me for the logo o.o

Old August 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
Looking good, bro. I like the fact that you don't have to use pokeballs, but, will the staves need to be charged or something like that? Also, there are more pokemon you can catch than what you showcased, correct?
Yeah, the staffs run on aura sparks. You think of them as Pokeballs, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerab01 View Post
You forgot to credit me for the logo o.o
Sorry!

"The sky's the limit," but "Hope is the pillar that holds up the world."
Old August 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

Nature: Relaxed
Great ideas you have here!

(I'm so going Pure :P)
Old August 7th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Great ideas you have here!

(I'm so going Pure )
Thank you so much! I'll be posting a lot more soon.

Old August 8th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
May I suggest something? How would an enemy trainer work? Does someone or something else have the other aura to what you picked?

Old August 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
May I suggest something? How would an enemy trainer work? Does someone or something else have the other aura to what you picked?
Actually, I was just talking to my friend about this.
Trainers won't be in most of this game. There will be, however, powerful wild Pokemon on the overworld, and they like run out at you and commence a wild battle. They'll often be alone, but have higher levels.

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

Nature: Relaxed
You should make those pokemon unescapable, so that you can't run from them, so they're more like trainers.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here