Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page Pokemon Odyssey 2: The Dark Tournament [OOC + SU]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old August 2nd, 2011 (09:55 AM). Edited August 8th, 2011 by Stingray.
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Here is a SU for Kingdom of Trollen

Spoiler:

Name: Shiro Jinkiro

Appearance:

Shiro’s coat is several shades darker than a normal Dewott’s fur to the point where his body is the same color as most Dewott’s “leggings” and his “leggings” are a very deep blue that appears black in poor lighting. He has refused to evolve, but despite this has taken on some aspects of a Samurott. His upper arms and legs have the shell armor found on the legs of a Samurott, and his shells look like smaller versions of the Samurott’s swords instead of sea shells. Also he has continued to grow more than other Dewotts and stands a total height of 3 feet and 6 inches.

He occasionally wears stylized samurai style armor made of coral that is more ceremonial use than for combat use since it limits his mobility.

Personality:

Shiro is the only son of the head of a noble house that has been in charge of the King’s royal guard for many generations puts massive pressure on Shiro. He tries to always be serious and is driven by honor and duty. He is obsessed with making sure he doesn’t dishonor his family, and this leads to a self critical and perfectionist attitude. He is determined to be the one who wins the tournament to save the King.

He fears if any other member of Trollin completes the task his house will be dishonored and lose its position. Due to this he sees even those from his own kingdom as rivals instead of allies. All this pressure and stress has worn down on the Dewott, and he has taken on playing a Biwa to relieve his stress. Sadly his skill is moderate at best and he often gets frustrated when something doesn’t sound right and on some occasions his “stress reliever” induces more stress.
He is respectful and proper in a social situation and doesn’t know how to be “casual” which always seemed to drive others his age a little crazy (which confuses Shiro). Also he has a learned to be in contempt for those of “lesser” houses from being around higher nobility too long.

Bio:

Even as a young Ostawott, Shiro was pressured as the son of the head of house. As soon as he could wield a shell he has been training to protect the King, and taught the duties of being a noble. He was isolated from other children by his father who kept him busy with training or noble duties. The result was a very disciplined Dewott whose psychical abilities are well above that of others of his kind, and unable to act normal in a casual situation.

When the King fell ill Shiro was tasked with winning the tournament while his father protected the king and the king’s throne from those who might take advantage of the king’s weakness. For the first time in his life Shiro will be on his own without the assistance of a teacher or servants. He is also going out into a world he understands nothing about other than what he was taught in the comfort of his mansion.

Pokemon Species: Dewott

Moves: Razor Shell, Aqua Jet, Surf, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, and Dive

Other: Due to his training in physical combat his Attack and Special Attack stats are switched.
Old August 2nd, 2011 (05:43 PM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Here with my Gold Tribe member. He was mentored by my previous Gold Tribe member, Stormseeker.

Gold Tribe

Name: Vincent Paine

Title: Stingfist

Appearance: Stingfist looks like a regular Toxicroak. He wears the Gold Tribe emblem proudly, as a shoulder plate in gold. His head-spike is also slightly larger than that of a normal Toxicroak. Other than that, he is regular.

Personality: Stingfist is very aggressive. When it comes to battle, he is always prepared. He is also very protective over his loved ones, and is always ready to attack anybody who insults or threatens them. He loves fighting, claiming that he "rusts up" if he doesn't have something to punch regularly. He is also proud of his power, and keeps himself in good shape.
When it comes down to it, though, Vincent is very sympathetic, kind and sweet. He especially has a soft spot for those younger than him. If he sees one in distress, he would stop for nothing to help them.
Vincent can be a very worrying person at times, he worries about everything, but he is, like all good Gold Tribe members, honourable. He respects the other Gold Tribe members around him, and, despite his aggressive nature, gets along with just about everyone in it.

Bio: Vincent was a top student at the HAS Academy. Excelling in all subjects. All manners of fighting and honour. He was their top graduate, graduating a year before he was supposed to. His parents had sent him off after his constant demanding. They had wanted to send him to normal school, but his dream was to be a Gold Tribe member. He grew up in Gold City as a young Croagunk, his father was a soldier and his mother was a housewife.
After his graduation at the HAS, Vincent was taken into the Gold Tribe. He was placed under the care of a Luxray named Stormseeker, along with a Zoroark by the name of Jack McHarley. The two became fast friends. Stormseeker trained them further, teaching them things the school didn't teach them, like how to survive, and good battling advice and techniques. Things that were essential, he also brought them along on treks for actual field experiences. He was a good mentor.
One day, Vincent, Jack and Stormseeker were on another trek, when suddenly they were attacked by a large group of Mandibuzz. Vincent and Stormseeker were able to fend them off, but Jack had gotten extremely hurt. He'd fallen over because of one of the Mandibuzz and had a big, jagged rock driven through his leg. Not only that, but they were in the middle of a savannah with no water and no medical assistance/equipment. Stormseeker and Vincent had a big argument over who's fault it was. But it was better to survive. Vincent and the two others managed to survive, but Jack was never able to walk again. This tore Vincent and Stormseeker apart, they never spoke to each other again.

A year later, news came of the Dark Tournament. Stingfist, as he had now been dubbed, was chosen to accompany four others into the tournament. Stingfist was honoured, and went with them to gain the ultimate power and stop it from reaching the wrong hands. However, he wanted to use it for another reason as well. Stingfist secretly wanted to heal Jack's leg.

Pokemon Species: Toxicroak

Moveset: Venoshock, Revenge, Poison Jab, Swords Dance, Rain Dance, Earthquake
Old August 2nd, 2011 (10:26 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2011 by SV.
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
@Roserade Welcome back to the Gold Tribe, Roserade. accepted

@Silver Rogue Welcome back to the Gold Tribe. Although I would have liked a bit more detail. Still, make sure not to trail off from the storyline. As long as you understand that, you're accepted.
@Miss Doronjo accepted

@Diamond1304 accepted

@Blayze accepted.Welcome to the RP.

@Xilfer123 Good jobs on the SUs, buddy,accepted.

@Blaziken15 I actually really like the idea of your SU. It should be interesting to see how your and my character interact. accepted.

@Aura Rift You are accepted.

@Stingray. I think you got confused a bit and put the wrong format for your SU. Pokemon of the Kingdom of Tollen don't all have titles. You must have done the Gold Tribe format. For now, you are pending.

@SweetDreams I made space for one more spot in the Kingdom of Tollen, if you want, I will reserve you there. I removed a spot from the Order, since less people seem interested in being apart of it.

@angel I may make an exception for you and allow you to join as apart of the Kingdom of Tollen, but you should try to make your SU as soon as possible. Also, there is still one spot technically open for the Region of Argos if you happen to make a good enough SU before King! Both of you can fight it out for that spot if need be.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old August 2nd, 2011 (11:05 PM).
Yagerbomb
←Apple Jack

Could I reserve a spot for the Order of Alcantus? I'll have my SU up ASAP.

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
Old August 2nd, 2011 (11:16 PM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Can I reserve a spot for the Region of Argos? I'll get my SU up by tomorrow.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
Old August 2nd, 2011 (11:30 PM).
Aura Rift
Mantle of flame

Nature: Docile
Wow already this is looking to be a great RP, its been what two days now? and look at all the spots already taken :3 I can't wait to get started

Yes I really am so awkward I got the least likely answer on this test. A teddy bear pokemon I guess on the plus side... I'm cuter than everyone else *smugface*
Old August 3rd, 2011 (12:25 AM).
SV
It was justified

@Yagerbomb you are reserved.

@fortworth96 You can reserve for that spot, but there are others who are also reserved for it. I regret that there is limited room, so I might have to decide who would have the best between whoever applies for the last spot...or perhaps who makes a SU first. Anyways, you are reserved.

@Aura Rift yea, it filled up faster than I would have imagined. I'm pretty excited too. Honored as well. And also a bit nervous. Hope I don't let you guys down.

Old August 3rd, 2011 (04:11 AM). Edited August 3rd, 2011 by Danger Zone.
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Gold Tribe

Name: Replicus Decendas (thanks for the awesome name, -Nocturnal )

Title: Fallax (Latin for Deceiver)

Appearance: Replicus is actually a normal Ditto, but will always stay in the form of a Shiny Ditto, when he is in his normal form. Otherwise, he mostly remains transformed into some other Pokemon.

Personality: Replicus is quite a mysterious and cryptic fellow. He mostly speaks weird and random sentences, which are often not clear. Mostly, he is a prankster, and loves humor. He actually has mood swings, and can be really depressed one moment, very angry the next, and eventually extremely happy. He depicts his moods with his transformations. He is good in battling, and often exploits the weaknesses of the opponent.

He has a Photographic memory, and is able to recall the shapes, sizes, and forms of all Pokemon he sees, or meets, thus he is able to transform into them. He is also an amazing actor, and due to his memory, he is able to remember how a person behaves, its mannerisms, how it speaks, etc. With these abilities, he is able to perfectly impersonate a person.

He is not much of a 'friendship' person, and can betray and kill his own friends if necessary. ONLY if necessary. Otherwise, he likes to be around people he knows and likes.

Bio: Replicus has a mysterious past. No ones knows about it. He was raised by his parents and brother, and his brother had been a shiny Ditto. He used to boast about it a lot, and Replicus would love him, and boast about his brother too. Unfortunately, his family was going to be forced to join the Order of Neoverse, his father killed his mother, and his brother, whom he loved a lot.

Replicus managed to escape before he was killed too, and then his father committed suicide. Replicus was both devastated and angry, at the fact that his family had died, and it was the fault of his father. He later escaped, and joined the Gold Tribe, in order to make sure nothing like the Order ever comes back again. He managed to forget about the incident, but due to his memory, he could easily remember everything. The murder also used to haunt his dreams, and that is what makes him more determined to win the Tournament, in order to destroy all other evil organizations like the Order.

Also, Replicus

Pokemon Species: Ditto

Moveset: Transform, (Learns the Opponent's moves with Transform)
Old August 3rd, 2011 (05:18 AM).
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
I'm glad I signed up this time. Last time you had Odyssey 1, I was too busy to join. I can't wait to start because this is my favorite character I've ever created.
Old August 3rd, 2011 (07:44 AM).
SV
It was justified

@DeepImpact I question the personality a bit as a member of the Gold Tribe. But, I suppose if that's what you want, you're accepted.

That fills up all spots for the Gold Tribe. I suppose that is enough members to begin the RP. Anyone else that still has SUs pending or are reserved can feel free to continue to apply until all spots are full.

With that, I'll probably post the IC today...unless anyone has any objections? (And it better be good).

Old August 3rd, 2011 (07:45 AM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Nah, let's get this thing started!!!!
Old August 3rd, 2011 (07:49 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

No objections here~

I wanna get my Tennille's play on. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 3rd, 2011 (08:05 AM).
chef30
Great Scott!!!

Nature: Jolly
Hi, nice new RP! May I reserve a spot for the Gold Tribe? I will read all the posts this time and pay attention to what is going on.
Old August 3rd, 2011 (08:11 AM).
SV
It was justified

@chef30 sorry chef30, all of the Gold Tribe spots are taken. The only unreserved spot is on the Order of Alcantus (bad guys). You can reserve for that, if you want. People signed up really fast...lol

Old August 3rd, 2011 (11:04 AM).
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Ok fixed ... sorry I didn't have a title until I saw the SU below and saw he had a title so I acted a little retarded and added one.
Old August 3rd, 2011 (01:21 PM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Region of Argos

Name: Mini Death

Appearance: Mini is looks like a normal Castform except that she's pure white instead of a dull gray and she has a large scar etched diagonally across her face.

Personality: If called weak, Mini will just snicker and bide her time. When you least expect it she'll attack. Her looks can go from cute and charming to devious and taunting in an instant. She's a master at weather attacks even in her normal form and when bored she may create a small storm over some random individual. She enjoys a good fight, especially when it's against a pokemon that would usually be considered much more powerful than her. She has a soft spot for young pokemon and will often spend hours at a time showing off her skills to them. Having grown up without discipline, Mini has a knack for stealing things, so if something goes missing, she's probably the one who took it.

Bio: Mini's parents abandoned her egg long before she hatched. The only reason she hatched in the first place was because they left her egg in a large pile of torn up clothes in an alley. When she did hatch it was raining, causing her to transform the moment she was born. The rain provided her with enough energy to survive the first day. A gang of street pokemon found her and raised her as one of them. They taught her the ways of the street, how to fight for herself and how to steal without getting caught.

She quickly went up in the ranks of the gang, pushing herself to become stronger than any Castform before her. Seeing as she didn't have a name, the street pokemon gave her the name Mini Death because of her deviousness in battle. When she was 12, she defeated the leaders of each of the five gangs in the run-down town she lived in. It was during a battle with one of these leaders that she got the scar on her face. Mini's name became feared on the streets and pokemon would get out of her way when she passed. Many pokemon who didn't know her strenght scorned her, though they were quickly put in their place when they challenged her to a battle. When she received an invitation to the Dark Tournament, she accepted without a second thought.

Pokemon Species: Castform

Moveset: Rain Dance, Blizzard, Fire Blast, Thunder, Water Pulse, Protect

Roleplays I am in:
Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:36 PM).
chef30
Great Scott!!!

Ok, may I reserve for that, please?
Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:45 PM).
Ieyasu
This statement is false

I'd like to reserve a spot for Argos, please. My SU should be up soon.
Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:52 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2011 by SV.
SV
It was justified

@Stingray Alright, you are accepted.

@fortworth since you're actually in a fight for the last position against others, I also want you to give me an RP sample. For now, you are pending.

@
Ieyasu Alright, I'll reserve you, but I'm letting you know that you will be fighting for the last position vs. a few others RPers, so I might ask for an RP sample as well. reserved. Also, you'll have to hurry it up. No promises that the others aren't already done with theirs.

@
chef30 Alright, but I may require an RP sample as well, since other people are trying for that spot as well. reserved.

Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:54 PM).
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Should I PM the sample to you?

Roleplays I am in:
Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:55 PM).
XxSweetDreamsxX
From the shadows~

Nature: Quiet
Thanks for opening the slot, Veg! I'm working on my SU right now <3

Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:57 PM).
chef30
Great Scott!!!

Would you like for me to go ahead and make my SU right now, or just the RP sample for now?
Old August 3rd, 2011 (03:03 PM).
SV
It was justified

@fortworth I don't mind either way, send it to me by PM if you wish, or post it here along with your SU. Up to you.

@SD no problem! Just know that you are fighting for a last position again other people. Everyone left is fighting for one of the three spots left, so I'm probably gonna be asking for RP samples from all of you as well.

@chef30 Do what you wish. Just know that there is another person who is also trying for that spot as well, so I'd consider doing both. But again, up to you.

Old August 3rd, 2011 (03:35 PM).
King!
better

Sorry it took me so long - once I had the idea, this was one of the most fun SU's I've ever written! I hope I get to play as this character!

Region of Argos
Name: Damian King

Appearance: Damian shares his coloring with the normal Slowking - a pink body with a light stomach, the red and white ruffle around his neck, and a silver crown on his head. His biggest trait that puts him aside from another Pokemon of his species is his size - Damian is incredibly fat, because of his eating habits. His arms, legs, and his stomach especially are all very pudgy. Because of his age, the red jewel in his crown has become cracked and dirty, and he has lost a bit of his coloration. He will sometimes wear one of many different colored vests, most often a bright orange one that goes horribly with the rest of his colors.

Personality: Damian is usually very lazy when he is alone, preferring to eat and sleep most of the day. He utilizes his psychic powers to get around, and almost never actually uses his limbs. Because of his appearance, attitude, and age, he is usually underestimated in battle. This is not the case, however, due to his incredible intelligence. Damian is smarter than the average Slowking because of his many years of experience in the world, and he uses that to his advantage in battle.

Damian likes to be by himself most of the time, not liking the noise and lesser intelligence of most people. However, when a challenge arises, he is often the first one to step up to the plate. Around people - and when he is well fed and rested - he is arrogant, believing he is smarter and better than they are. When he hasn't eaten or slept lately, he gets incredibly grumpy and yells at the tiniest things.

Bio: Surprisingly (or not), Damian's long history (83 years worth) is not filled very much. As a young Slowpoke, his parents (both Slowkings themselves) hadn't thought much of any of their children, knowing that most of them would get bitten on the tail and evolve into Slowbros. And unfortunate incident caused Damian to fall into the water in which his tail was resting. Damian splashed about, going further and further out into the water. He had almost drowned completely, and would've only had a matter of seconds left to live - if he had not been bitten by a Shellder on the head. He immediately evolved into a Slowking and used his new intelligence to swim to shore.

Soon after his left his parents, angry at them for almost letting him drown and not caring about their children. With him he took only one of his brothers: still a Slowpoke at the time. The two of them were on the run for a few years, moving from beach to beach, all over Argos. Damian had always been angry because of his parents - but his anger grew when, after an accident involving a couple of reckless Pokemon, his brother Slowpoke was killed. Damian was furious - with his parents, for not caring for either of them, and at the two Pokemon for accidentally hurting his brother. In his rage, Slowking's psychic abilities grew. He went after the Pokemon who'd killed his brother and got his revenge. After that he travelled alone, usually getting into fights with other Pokemon. He almost never lost - he put his emotions into his mind and made his psychic powers damage anyone who would challenge him.

After a while, Damian gave up. He stopped fighting with people and found a nice deserted beach on the coast of Argos where he could be alone. He became lazy and did what he needed to survive. He spent little time thinking about much of anything. It was by chance that he learned of the tournament. He was out getting food in the middle of the night when one of the posters caught his eye. It promised the Ultimate Power to whoever one - a power that could possibly bring his brother back? At tryouts, Damian ignored the people who underestimated him, and pulled through.

Pokemon Species: Slowking
Moveset: Psychic, Heal Pulse, Yawn, Water Pulse, Disable, Nasty Plot
Old August 3rd, 2011 (03:54 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2011 by XxSweetDreamsxX.
XxSweetDreamsxX
From the shadows~

Nature: Quiet
Name:
Nova

Pokemon Species:
Espeon

Appearance:

The Espeon is rather sleek and thin, her figure very slim and flexible. Her body is curvy, her tail long and elegant. However, unlike the regular Espeon, Nova has much darker fur, which is a black color due to the lack of 'true happiness' she was suppose to receive in the evolution process. She also has much more fur on her cheeks and tail tips. Inside her ears it is a regular shade of blue, along with her gem which is a ruby red. The only other major change is her eyes, which are almost alien like. They are deep and dark, no hints of color inside. The cause of this alternation is unknown.

Personality:
Nova, though dark and quiet in appearance, can be very affable if she's in the right mood. She likes to have fun and joke around often if feeling social, although she can be secretive all the same. The Espeon mainly just goes with the flow, and is normally completely carefree. This trait is only twisted when it comes to fighting, as she is super competitive, and not afraid to give it her all in a single fight. While in a battle, you will see Jane use a variety of combinations to weaken down her opponent slowly and heal herself. She also plays dirty tricks, using whatever she can to get an advantage.

Although she doesn't like loosing, the Espeon is not a sore loser, and will go down to anyone who shows themselves superior to Nova. If she wins, however, you won't find her giving you much respect, as she can be stubborn and rude. Often on a high-horse, the Espeon holds herself above most others, which means she doesn't have too many friends either. The few she has she is very protective of. But even if winning her heart can be difficult, Nova is a great friend, and you'll be glad to have the little warrior on your side.

Bio:
From birth, Nova was known as a loner. She had no parents, and would always claim she didn't need any to people who dared look down at her(which were a lot of people, her height not helping). The only friend she had was her youngest sister, which Nova held close to her heart. They grew together in the Kingdom which she learned to love, maturing each day and eventually growing envious of the soldiers who fought for the King. Though the Eevee kept her distance from each warrior she met, Nova admired to become strong and powerful just as they were, her dreams of fighting for her kingdom increasing each day and protecting her youngest sister from harm.

Time passing, her sister eventually fell with an unknown sickness, claiming her life as there were no cures said to be available. The experience impacted Nova greatly, her heart growing dark at the loss of her only friend. Surprisingly, her sister's death allowed her to evolve that same day into a Black Espeon. Nova hated her appearance, but let it mark her as crowds would stare anyways, mumbling about her odd coloration.

It was that same month that the Espeon met with the Prince on mere accident. Spying the pokemon with a single guard, nothing appeared out of the norm until the Prince was attacked by the Machamp, who was trying to suffocate him with its several arms. Easily knocking away any bystanders with punches or throws, Nova was able to gather all of her psychic power to match with the false guard's physical strength. Her mental strength was all she needed to set the Prince free while the real guards came to assist them. After the event, the Prince arranged Nova a meeting to the King, where she was to be rewarded.

The day she came, it appeared the King had fallen sick with the same identified illness Nova's sister had caught. The Espeon was able to explain there was no Treatment available, though when news about the Dark Tournament came up, she requested to fight for the Prince's father. Knowledgeable about her abilities, the pokemon Prince agreed to let her fight for the King in the tournament.

Moveset:
Psychic, Morning Sun, Toxic, Flash, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power(Fighting-Type)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links