Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page Ruby hack: Pokémon Wrecked Ruby

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which Pokémon will be your Starter?
Pansage! 27 40.91%
Pansear! 22 33.33%
Panpour! 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 18th, 2014 (05:14 AM). Edited April 21st, 2014 by JimRaz0r.
JimRaz0r

Nature: Adamant
Pokémon Wrecked Ruby
Experience Hoenn like never before! This ROM hack is based on the idea of traveling through Hoenn but with new Pokémon, trainers, and places to explore. With over 50 Pokémon added from Gens IV-VI, you can catch a more variety of Pokémon for your team! Choose your starter Pokémon: Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour!

Spoiler:

Screenshots!

More Screenshots Coming Soon!
Hope you guys enjoy these pre-release screenshots of the Alpha version of the game! This ROM is still under heavy development so don't expect a download until the first full Beta, which hopefully can come in the next month or two. Do you want to help complete this ROM faster? PM me if you want to be a mapper, scripter, Pokémon editor, or even a Beta tester! Thanks for checking out my first ROM hack and if you are hyped for it please post down below!

Team!

JimRaz0r - director, trainer editor, Pokémon editor, minor mapper
Gilbo5 - major mapper

Want your name to be on the list of these credits? Please PM me if you are interested in making this ROM and tell me what you want to do to help!
Spoiler:
Progress
Mapping - 40%
Trainers - 70%
New Pokémon - 55%

Old April 21st, 2014 (12:30 AM).

Nature: Gentle
The sprites are good, even though the mini sprites look very big.. Was that intentional? But I feel the need to ask though, will the story be changed as well? Anyways good luck
Old April 21st, 2014 (01:21 AM).
Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

Nature: Calm
Will there be any additions of new moves, abilities, presence of PSS. As well as Fairy type? Just askin :3
Old April 21st, 2014 (02:12 AM).

Nature: Docile
interesting..., is there any chance that the hero sprite will be change? and fairy types :3
Pokemon Glazed - Redrider180 , Pokemon Dark Violet - Chaos Rush
Other People That i Support:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old April 21st, 2014 (02:30 AM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Please tell me we have another option than teaching the starters cut.

god damn it danny, another hack?
Old April 21st, 2014 (03:19 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Nice idea. Will Fairy type going to be in this game? I'm actually gonna like this.
Old April 21st, 2014 (03:27 AM).
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Already saw this on PHO. This hack looks to be interesting. Although the starters are clearly not my favorites...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old April 21st, 2014 (03:32 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by AmazingCharizard:
Already saw this on PHO. This hack looks to be interesting. Although the starters are clearly not my favorites...
Yeah, forgot to say that I dislike the starters as well.
Old April 21st, 2014 (08:04 AM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Hi there, I notice that your thread was approved without a storyline (it shouldn't have been). If this hack includes the same story and/or scripts from Ruby, then it will be more suited to the Sideshow Showcase. If it has a new storyline, then we'll need you to add it to the opening post of the thread.

Get on that as soon as you can buddy, thanks, and best of luck with your project!

| | |
Old April 21st, 2014 (08:17 AM).
Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Nature: Relaxed
Hi buddy this is a great hack. If you made any help just ask me and I know that this game is going to be in top 10.
Old April 21st, 2014 (09:55 AM).
noob rom hacker/beta tester

hmmm..interesting choice of starters. Will they have better move pools? How about abilities, will it be default blaze,overgrow, etc like what starters normally have or will they have new ones?
Old April 21st, 2014 (10:57 AM).

Nice! Looking from the screenshots, I have a few questions... Where are you getting your 6th Gen sprites? The backsprite of Talonflame looks good in particular! On the Talonflame note, the backsprite seems to be cut off near the bottom... A bit of editing in Wichu's sprite editor would fix it! And the icons... beautiful... absolutely beautiful... Where did you get them...? Looking good, and I'll try it! ...I'd love to know where you got the icons... But nice job!
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23Dragons_Den

Old April 21st, 2014 (11:31 AM).
JimRaz0r

Quote originally posted by jan2prado:
Will there be any additions of new moves, abilities, presence of PSS. As well as Fairy type? Just askin :3
Some Pokémon will be altered in the future, but that's not my main goal right now. I wasn't planning on adding Fairy Type but if enough people like that idea, I'll look into it.

Old April 21st, 2014 (11:36 AM).
JimRaz0r

So it seems quite a few of you are interested in Fairy types, I'll look into that although it might not be done before the first beta. The starters are probably not something you would see everyday but their stats and moves will be changed. Thanks for the feedback everybody!

Old April 21st, 2014 (11:39 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Interesting idea. I can't say I like much of your map edits, especially the wild Pokémon grass being in the towns (which has usually been a big no-no in the Pokémon franchise). I'm also sure that I won't be the first one to mention it but the 'icon' sprites being changed to, what I think are, the X/Y ones look horribly out of place. I may have to try it because I love R/S/E and it may have a nice, fresh feel to it with the new Pokémon additions.
Old April 21st, 2014 (11:39 AM).
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

I would like to go on record saying I would very much appreciate a Fairy type :D mainly for its gameplay balancing.
Old April 21st, 2014 (12:31 PM).
JimRaz0r

Alright, the icons in the PC box are something I really want to explain. I know they might look a little out of place and a little weird for a GBA game. I really want to upgrade the icons to more "HD" feel as it is capable of doing so (like adding DS style sprites into GBA games). The icons you see in the box are ripped mini sprites from Pokémon Conquest. They do look big, I know, but I seem to like it a lot as it is something I haven't seen before in a ROM hack. But I have one question for you guys, If I were to update the sprites should I use the fancy X and Y sprites (which actually look fine in the game) or Pokémon Conquest/Mystery Dungeon sprites (which look huge but a little more HD)? Here are some comparisons below.

Groudon's origanal GBA sprites looks very bad in my opinion. The 6th gen one looks very fine and fits nicely in the game. The conquest one looks bigger, but has a more "HD" feel to it.

Now Mightyena, the GBA one is kinda bad and the X and Y one looks pretty good too. But since Mightyena isn't in Pokémon Conquest I turn to the Mystery Dungeon sprite which looks big too but also has the conquest "HD" feel.

X and Y icons or Conquest/Mystery Dungeon? Please tell me because I like both and I wanted to see how to make my ROM unique by doing small things like this.

Old April 21st, 2014 (12:34 PM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

I think that the 3rd generation ones are fine, but if you are going to change I'd definitely use the 6th gen ones.
Old April 21st, 2014 (12:54 PM).
JimRaz0r

Quote originally posted by Shinx:
Interesting idea. I can't say I like much of your map edits, especially the wild Pokémon grass being in the towns (which has usually been a big no-no in the Pokémon franchise). I'm also sure that I won't be the first one to mention it but the 'icon' sprites being changed to, what I think are, the X/Y ones look horribly out of place. I may have to try it because I love R/S/E and it may have a nice, fresh feel to it with the new Pokémon additions.
The icons are from Pokémon Conquest and I really wanted to try them all out (looking at a box full of them gives a better picture of what they look like together) and I've talked to our mapper about the grass being in towns and I think they will stay for now, but you are unable to battle Pokémon in them anyways because they're just for looks.

Old April 22nd, 2014 (09:21 AM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

I personally wouldn't mind not seeing the Fairy type in this game, but I'd love to have the physical/special split!

Also, if you increase the stats and possibly movepools of the elemental monkeys, more people would use them, and less people would permabox them. Also, what about making Cut a Bug, Grass, Flying, or Steel typed move?

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old April 26th, 2014 (04:24 PM).
JimRaz0r

Production on this ROM hack has starting slowing down and there have been many days of no work but we're gonna get back at it soon!

Old April 26th, 2014 (05:52 PM).

Nature: Bold
This game looks really good but im sorry to say your choice in starters sucks, for a starter i think it should have three stages of evolution but the pans dont, any chance you are planning on changing them?
Old April 27th, 2014 (07:38 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Really liking the look of the screenshots, this hack looks great! :)
Old April 27th, 2014 (07:55 AM).
LOSING ALL MY FRIENDS

Nature: Modest
Interesting idea. I assume there is a higher difficulty in the hack, because I saw Roxanne had Lv.17s in the screenshots. I'm not a fan of the Pans but they are good choices to be starter Pokemon. Keep this up!
MAL
RYM
Formerly "Someday"
Old May 8th, 2014 (03:49 PM).
xJownage

i assume this is still alive???

looks like a lot of fun. i notice stuff like ordale town having the surf differences and various diff pokemon available in the hack.

one thing i will HIGHLY recommend is BE SURE TO HAVE A PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT OF GEN IV/V/VI. i saw haxorus which is more or less useless without that split. many pokes can't use their stabs, such as haxorus and gyarados.

looks like fun, will play for sure.

PS: 6th gen pc sprites. mystery dungeon ones look like clutter in the screenshot and to me dont look anything like HD, the groudon looks clumped and not well scaled. the 6th gen pc sprites will work well and look good.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)