Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM
lawpocket
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Kinda bad for my first post here, let me first say that these are bloody amazing mods.

But a problem has presented itself...using Yin Black on desmume 0.97, it, at random points, freezes my entire computer, requiring a restart. It might work for hours, than freeze, or just a few minutes, its completely random. I've tried everything I can think of,(which is very little) and this freezing never occurred before the mod was installed. May I acquire some assistance please? Thank you.
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpocket View Post
Kinda bad for my first post here, let me first say that these are bloody amazing mods.

But a problem has presented itself...using Yin Black on desmume 0.97, it, at random points, freezes my entire computer, requiring a restart. It might work for hours, than freeze, or just a few minutes, its completely random. I've tried everything I can think of,(which is very little) and this freezing never occurred before the mod was installed. May I acquire some assistance please? Thank you.
First let me start off by saying: Thanks for checking my gamez out, dude...

Now, to assess the problem.

Okay, so you're playin it on desmume? Hmmm...I can't say I understand why this is happening, as I never played Yin Black/Yang White on desmume...But I have played the original game.

...Anyways, I don't quite understand how it's making your computer freeze up or why it's even freezing at random points in the game.

I only got two other suggests, that you could probably do.

First, which is pretty obvious, try playin' it on No$gba; I'm recommending that, cuz that's the only emulator I'm use to playing that hack on.

...But you're probably more use to playing it on desmume; so here's my second suggestion.

Did you make sure to download an Europe Rom and patch the game to that, cuz a europe rom is what I used to make the game...

I hope I was able to help you, dude.
Paired with xxkaylabby
Like the Furrets in this picture...everything's true..that's why it's my signature.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
lawpocket
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for the suggestions! It actually stopped after I got the c-gear from that one scientist after the first gym, for some reason. If it happens again though, i'll be sure to try those methods. Thanks again for making such an awesome mod.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:36 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpocket View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! It actually stopped after I got the c-gear from that one scientist after the first gym, for some reason. If it happens again though, i'll be sure to try those methods. Thanks again for making such an awesome mod.
hehehe. no prob, man.

But hmmm, that's was so strange that it was happening in da first place. I'm happy that everything was sorted out in da end, tho.
Paired with xxkaylabby
Like the Furrets in this picture...everything's true..that's why it's my signature.
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:27 AM
zantetsu122

Can't wait. Only a few days, my 3DS will come with an Acekard.
Will going to put:
Blaze Black
Volt White
Yin Black
Yang White
Sol Platinum
Bloody Platinum
DarkDiamond
Neo Soul Silver
Heart Gold DX
in it.
Challenges
Water UMC: FR: 6/8 Badges
C: UE: 1/16
E: 0/8
D/P: 0/8
B: 0/8
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Excadrill: 0/8( still confirming.)
Dragonite; LG>LC>E>PT>BB/VW(still confirming)
Random Solo Challenge Platinum 0/8:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Shadow97

what do you think who is better mienshoa or bisharp or gigalith
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantetsu122 View Post
Can't wait. Only a few days, my 3DS will come with an Acekard.
Will going to put:
Blaze Black
Volt White
Yin Black
Yang White
Sol Platinum
Bloody Platinum
DarkDiamond
Neo Soul Silver
Heart Gold DX
in it.
Oh, wow...That's alot of hacks, dude. You sure you're gonna be able to play'em all. And Heart Gold DX...I-I don't know if I heard of that. Spirit Gold or Hard Gold, but not that one.

I mean, I'm currently playing three games...so I guess I can't say MUCH.
Expert Emerald
Neo Soulsilver
Liquid Crystal

Anyways, that's cool you're about to get your 3DS. I'm still waitin' on Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts and that Dead or Alive game...That seems interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow97 View Post
what do you think who is better mienshoa or bisharp or gigalith
Damn, those are three good Pokemon, but on my game Gigalith is part Steel...It still have the Rock Type in it, so think carefully if you decided to chose that.

Anyways, if you really want my opinion, then I say stick with Bisharp, ya know...Yeah, it's double weak against Fighting, but it's not as frail as Mienshao and as slow as Gigalith.

But in da end, like I mentioned before...It's your decision.
Paired with xxkaylabby
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Shadow97

What about you zenetsu?
who is better bisharp or gigalith or mienshao
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
MasterLucario13

Hey guys! I'm just starting off playing Sol Platinum and I'm really looking forward to playing a Platinum hack that isn't Bloody Platinum. I was wondering where I might go about acquiring the fossil pokemon and a slowpoke. Thanks in advance!
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLucario13 View Post
Hey guys! I'm just starting off playing Sol Platinum and I'm really looking forward to playing a Platinum hack that isn't Bloody Platinum. I was wondering where I might go about acquiring the fossil pokemon and a slowpoke. Thanks in advance!
LOL
Thanks for playing my game, dude. Sol Platinum, huh? Okay, then. So you wanna know where to find Slowpoke and the Fossil Pokemon?

Okay...I know Slowpoke lives in Route 207 Day only. Also, since I didn't change any items on Sol Platinum you have to encounter Fossil Pokemon in da wild. Anyone in particular that you wanna know?
Paired with xxkaylabby
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
MasterLucario13

Originally Posted by The Grubby Pup View Post
LOL
Thanks for playing my game, dude. Sol Platinum, huh? Okay, then. So you wanna know where to find Slowpoke and the Fossil Pokemon?

Okay...I know Slowpoke lives in Route 207 Day only. Also, since I didn't change any items on Sol Platinum you have to encounter Fossil Pokemon in da wild. Anyone in particular that you wanna know?
I'm looking for an Anorith
Old March 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
I'm looking for an Anorith
Okay, this one was hard to find, since it doesn't appear in the wild Pokemon location list in PPRE.

Anyways, it's available in the Great Marsh Safari Zone game. It comes out through those special encounters, like with Croagunk and Carnivine. Lileep is also catchable through that. Just look through that viewing thingie in the reception part, till it sprite shows up.
Paired with xxkaylabby
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:34 PM
zantetsu122

Sorry shadow for not replying fast.
Gigalith:
I'll give this one 9/10. It's bulkier than Aggron. Plus it can learn Curse, which will make it bulkier even more.
Mienshao:
I'll give this one 10/10. It saved me from alot of trainers because of it's wide movepool. With Hi Jump Kick it can OHKO types that are not that very effective against.
Challenges
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 18th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Shadow97

Thank you zentetsu In blaze black bisharp is a lot faster from the ordinary speed thats why i choose bisharp but in this game is with his ordinary speed

what about conkelldurr or mienshao is better

Last edited by Shadow97; March 18th, 2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:27 AM
zantetsu122

Conkeldurr and Mienshao in one team can wreck anyone in their way. But Conkeldurr can take physical hits, but can't take Special moves that much. Mienshao is strong, with high Atk, but it's soft and easy to faint. But I like them both.
Challenges
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Shadow97

so who is better mienshao or conkeldurr
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:32 AM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Sorry shadow for not replying fast.
Gigalith:
I'll give this one 9/10. It's bulkier than Aggron. Plus it can learn Curse, which will make it bulkier even more.
Mienshao:
I'll give this one 10/10. It saved me from alot of trainers because of it's wide movepool. With Hi Jump Kick it can OHKO types that are not that very effective against.
LOL I like your assessment on the two, zanny. They were pretty accurate.

I also like Mienshao a little better than Gigalith. But like I said, Mienshao is more frail, but Gigalith is more susceptible to fighting type moves and Sp. Def isn't all that good; not to mention its slow.

If doesn't have Sturdy it might be hard to train, ya know. It has very high Attack and I think I increased its health.

Anyways, getting on Mienshao, it might not have as much health or defensive stats as Gigalith; I still think it has a little bit more Sp. Def than Gigalith...Anyways, it's very nimble and have both Atk and Sp. Atk I guess you could say it's a sweeper. It does learn moves like Extrasenory and Aura Sphere and stuff.

Quote:
Thank you zentetsu In blaze black bisharp is a lot faster from the ordinary speed thats why i choose bisharp but in this game is with his ordinary speed

what about conkelldurr or mienshao is better
Well, yeah...But I couldn't copy off everything stat change Drayano put in his mods. I had to make up summa my own...And beside, I don't think nothing wrong with base speed. It is a Steel type after all, not many Steel types are fast to began with, ya know?

Anyway, if you ask me...I think I'm gonna slightly give the edge to Mienshao again. LOL It might not be as sturdier than Conkeldurr...But it can learn some move that Super Effective against other Fighting types; like Extrasenory (I think I already mention that) and Acrobatics.

But that's only for version 2.5. I'm re-doing almost all of the Pokemon moveset...so, Pokemon might learn different moves from what they learnt in previous versions. Don't worry, I'll have a doc with the next listed moveset once the patch is out.

Quote:
Conkeldurr and Mienshao in one team can wreck anyone in their way. But Conkeldurr can take physical hits, but can't take Special moves that much. Mienshao is strong, with high Atk, but it's soft and easy to faint. But I like them both.
LOL Here's something you might don't know. Machamp and Conkeldurr base stats are almost similiar. The only thing different is that their base def and sp. def are opposite of each other.
Paired with xxkaylabby
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM
MasterLucario13

Alright, I'm up and rolling with Sol Platinum! I'm about to go against Roark with:
Monferno-14
Budew-14
Ralts-14
I'm thinking about getting Roselia before I start the gym. Probably will be worth it.

Also, I think I'm gonna upload all the major battles in this game to Youtube, since there's a lack of walkthrough videos for these 3 hacks.
Edit:
Here's Rival battle 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDwKJ...eature=mh_lolz

Last edited by MasterLucario13; March 18th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Shadow97

so when you will realese the new version
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Alright, I'm up and rolling with Sol Platinum! I'm about to go against Roark with:
Monferno-14
Budew-14
Ralts-14
I'm thinking about getting Roselia before I start the gym. Probably will be worth it.

Also, I think I'm gonna upload all the major battles in this game to Youtube, since there's a lack of walkthrough videos for these 3 hacks.
Edit:
Here's Rival battle 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDwKJ...eature=mh_lolz
Oh, that's awesome. I'll watch it and give you a comment and a rating and stuff.

Anyways, yeah...I was meaning to make some gameplay footage of my hacks, but I'm just too lazy, but if you're gonna cover Sol Platinum be my guess.

So, getting back to your upcoming Roark battle. Yeah, maybe getting Roselia wouldn't be all that bad. Roark does use a Sudowoodo...And I'm not sure Monferno's Mach Punch could hurt it that much...But who know...Your part fighting will help you withstand it's Rock Tomb.

Give it a test run and see how it goes, ya know? If you lose, then ya know you need Roselia, but I personally think you'll do fine. Roark's not that hard.

Quote:
so when you will realese the new version
Dunno, I can't give you a precise date, but I tell ya I'm gonna add a few new things. Like a total re-haul on the moveset and base stats.

Gonna redo summa da important battle teams: Namely Alder and Ghetsis...I friggen hate the team I gave them.

Also, maybe add 3 new starters on Yang White; make it different from Yin Black and let you get the Super Rod earlier.

Right now, I'm doing the moveset...which take most of the time. I'm on the Johto region. But progress isn't moving that bad, I mean, I've been starting on it, but I just recently started CRAMMING down on it at the middle of the week.
Paired with xxkaylabby

Last edited by The Grubby Pup; March 18th, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
MasterLucario13

Haha yeah, I'll cover it. Gives you time to work on the next beta version for all the eager players
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Shadow97

do you have a wild pokemon list in pokemon sol platinum or neo soulsilver and these two hacks are complete with all new move set or its gonna be an update for them
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:59 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Haha yeah, I'll cover it. Gives you time to work on the next beta version for all the eager players
Yep. And thanks. I really appreciate that, man. And I promise the next beta version won't disappoint...Well, at least I hope it doesn't. :p

Quote:
do you have a wild pokemon list in pokemon sol platinum or neo soulsilver and these two hacks are complete with all new move set or its gonna be an update for them
I didn't make a list for Neo Soul or Sol Plat, cuz you can use a PPRE to find the Pokemon location.

And yeah, they're complete, as far as I'm concerned. LOL

...But as for more update...I suppose I could add a few more things...Like for example Sol Plat...I could add new overworld items like I did for Neo Soul and Yin Black/Yang White...I guess.

Oh, also the moveset and stats in Sol Plat aren't up to date like Neo Soul...So, yeah, I think I'll make one more update in Sol plat...nothing too drastic, tho...Just so everything up to par with Neo Soul.

...But that's gonna be after I update my b/w mod, tho.
Paired with xxkaylabby
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Shadow97

whats ppre and plz can you let eelektross pure electric type and make his abbilty lavitate as it is a slow pokemon
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
zantetsu122

Just finished the Johto part of Soul Silver. The road to Victory Road was tough, but the E4 was cake.
Challenges
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here