• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S-Video Output +for laptop

bgt

R A W R
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
I'm currently trying to enable S-VIdeo output so I can view video on the lcd and external monitor and the same time. The video card I have is NVIDIA Geforce FX Go5200. When i go to Control Panel - Display - Settings i see that I can change the options for two different displays. (Multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 and Default Monitor on GeForce FX Go5200. The problem is, that the S-Video output only works when I have the second display set to attacked with the option of Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor. If i deselect this option, then the attached option disappears and then the output is shut off. When this option is enabled, both lcd and external montiro work at the same time, but the displays are not the same. Things going on on monitor 2 is not seen on monitor 1, and vice versa. I would like it where monitor 2 has the same exact display as monitor 1, and also where it doesn't extend the desktop onto monitor 2. Another way I can show the output is by hitting Fn + F8 which is the CRT/LCD option and then shutting my screen or hitting the button that shuts off the screen, but that defeats the purpose, since I then can't see on the lcd. Ive tested VGA output and it works as I like it to. In VGA output, desktop is not extended onto monitor 2 and the screens display the same image. The laptop model that I have is Dell Inspiron 8600. Any help would be appretiated. This probably is a hard question, lol, but I thought I would post it here.

Back