The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Advertise here

Episode 47: "Negotiator Meowth! Break Through the Forest of Beartic!!"
「ニャゴシエーター・ニャース!ツンベアーの森を突破せよ!!」
Air Date: 08/09/2011
Summary: Walking on a mountain path on their way to Nimbasa City, Ash, Meowth and the others encounter a collapsed Cubchoo. While looking for Berries to recover Cubchoo's strength, Ash is attacked by (a?) Beartic who fire "Icy Wind" at him. With the help of Cliff, a mountain guard they meet by coincidence, Ash and his friends manage to escape from the Beartic.

Last edited by Mew~; August 13th, 2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old August 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Am I the only one who thought that it's looking very likely that Iris did indeed catch Meowth in those few episodes back after seeing the title?
Old August 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I don't see why not. People saying "omg how could this happen" well if it does then I would say it just did that's how. Meowth as a Negotiator seems like a change of pace compared to being with TR trying to constantly capture Pikachu. As for the title since that is all we have to go on atm. I doubt this has anything Langley since it says Forest of Beartic, but I am curious as too why they don't do this episode later on like when they get closer to Icirrus City. And speaking of pace looks like they made up for this fast pace by cycling us through episodes that have nothing to do with him getting any closer to his match with Elesa. I thought they were in Nimbasa? So going into a Forrest would mean they already left?

EDIT:
Another summary

Walking on a mountain path on their way to Nimbasa City, Ash, Meowth and the others encounter a collapsed Cubchoo. While looking for Berries to recover Cubchoo's strength, Ash is attacked by (a?) Beartic who fire "Icy Wind" at him. With the help of Cliff, a mountain guard they meet by coincidence, Ash and his friends manage to escape from the Beartic.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Last edited by Kenshin5; August 6th, 2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:00 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I dont think Iris caught Meowth just because the way the creators wrote the summaries. why would the summary say "Ash, Meowth and others"? it sounds a bit too fishy to me if you ask me. The summaries never said Ash, Iris, Axew and others? I dont know, its just a though.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post
I dont think Iris caught Meowth just because the way the creators wrote the summaries. why would the summary say "Ash, Meowth and others"? it sounds a bit too fishy to me if you ask me. The summaries never said Ash, Iris, Axew and others? I dont know, its just a though.

:t354:TG
He could of still been caught. He's probably just walking outside his Pokeball with them.

i cannot wait for thursday so we can see already! >:C
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post

TG
Meowth doesn't exactly have the same status as Axew or any of her other pokemon for that matter. If it is with the group I doubt even if captured it would stay in the ball too long. They want Meowth to have as much screen time as possible, since my bet is the stay with the group won't be permanent or for a long period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

He could of still been caught. He's probably just walking outside his Pokeball with them.

i cannot wait for thursday so we can see already! >:C
The way it's been going the last two weeks it will probably be out on Friday.

Old August 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Judging by the scan for the one hour special, Ash may just catch Cubchoo in this episode. I'll be looking forward to this episode.

Old August 30th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Spoiler:

Assuming this is the one you are talking about?

I can't make a definite yes or now until I see more scans. Yes when Ash holds a pokemon, helps, or helps an injuried pokemon there may be a good instance of capture. But he helped Sandile get his glasses(no capture), pulled Venipede from the drain pipe(no capture), helped Cottonee become more battle ready so it could get with another Cottonee(no capture and goes without saying since it's kind of like the Butterfree thing), helped Archen learn how to fly(no capture).

I would really really like too see this capture as much as when it seemed like everyone thought Ash would catch Sandile. I <3 Cubchoo and Beartic is freaking beast mode. If he had that on his team Trip would be like oh noes gonna lose now!

Old August 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega
Ash - Solosis, I want him to have one of these because it's a strong Pokemon and I think it would fit in nicely with his team. Also, he has never owned a Psychic type Pokemon.

Cubchoo, I've always wanted Ash to have one of these. Probably because I think it could be like Snorunt. :3 Who I miss. ;-;
Please make this happen. I want Ash to capture Cubchoo. Although, like Kenshin said; helping the Pokemon recover doesn't really mean a capture. \; But I'm rooting for a capture.
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:48 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Bah, I guess it was a mistake after all, but I wasn't the only one. >,<

Anyway, someone translated the bit for this episode;
"
As Satoshi and friends are travelling a mountain path in a storm, they save 'Freezing Pokemon', Kumasyun. While looking for fruits for Kumasyun's empty belly, they meet a swarm of Tunbear. As Satoshi and friends are in a danger situation, they are saved by Mountain Sheriff, Clif."

I know dragonomega will be happy about this, but Mienfoo is listed for this episode;
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/de...109081900.html

Last edited by Mew~; August 31st, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Mienfoo* dear. ;o; But I'll forgive because Mienfoo! <3 I'm betting it's Cliffs Pokemon meaning no one will capture, but at least I'll get to see it. ;o;
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Iris get some Mienfoo plox. If the episode is focused around the injured Cubchoo then yes I would be more inclined to say a capture of Cubchoo if any. My guess at this point is they return it too it's parents.

Old September 1st, 2011, 05:38 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Did that guy just send Meowth out? xD He probably failed like Iris. I dunno. xD

Cubchoo seems to have taken a shine to Cilan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~
Cilan:
Cubchoo - It could turn out to be like the Togepi/Happiny/Bonsly of Unova, Cilan could take care of it like a baby or whatever. Doesn't necessarily have to evolve. Who knows, he might even encounter it in BW48.

Take that dragonomega. xD

Iris and her fear;

Old September 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Great review~~~! I like them!
Old September 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
I wonder if it's the Team Rocket Meowth or a second one that goes out of the ball. It looks like the mountain dude owns that Meowth since he throws the ball right before Meowth gets out, but that's probably a trick from the producers. They obviously want us to believe the guy captured Meowth by showing ambiguous frames one after the other.

Old September 1st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Yeah looks like Cubchoo is more interested in Cilan than anyone. Thing again Brock took more care of Charmander and look where they went. Looking at the preview I am not hoping this is a capture episode. And Mienfoo looks boss.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I'm starting to rethink a little. I mean, if you noticed in the preview, there are two Cubchoo, which could be it's sibling's, in which it may just go back to it's parents, though what did interest me a lot in the preview is that it seemed the Beartic were attacking each other, or something along those lines, I mean - Mienfoo blocked their attacks that seemed to be going towards another pack of Beartic.

Last edited by Mew~; September 3rd, 2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: *of
Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I wonder if the Beartic are in two packs and are attacking each other. Seems a little predictable/weird whatever, but I wonder if the two Cubchoo are from the two different packs. And they're friends but their packs disallow their friendship and start attacking. idk.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

The scene in which we see the Cubchoo together seem to be sitting on the backs of the pack of Beartic being attacked. Blarg, I'm sure this is where Meowth will come in anyway. :x

Old September 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

After watching the recent dub episode and discovering Iris' fear of Ice-types, I'm expecting to see Iris scared of Beartic/Cubchoo. If not, big continuity fail.
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I hope the fear of Ice types becomes a running gag like what your topic was over.

Old September 8th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Well no capture by anyone, which by the end of the episode I was content with. I was just glad Cubchoo got back with it's family. And nice job Negotiating Mewoth too get hit by Ice attacks by the disgruntle Beartic(which I have no idea what there problem was). Oshawott actually did something for once blasting those rocks away. And was it me or did Cliff look goofing? Not that it matters since he wasn't really prevalent throughout the episode. Also Meowth blasting off encased in Ice, maybe another sign he is going back to Team Rocket?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here