The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old August 7th, 2011 (07:53 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Episode 30: "Dragon Master's Path!"

Air Date: 07/08/2011

I'll be reviewing this later.

Old August 8th, 2011 (07:52 AM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
For some odd reason I didnt like this episode that much. What didn't make sense was when Druddigon foot was tied up and it could have just easily sliced the rope up like it did to Axew or was it Pikachu? I was amazed of how tall Druddigon actually was, I thought it would be like 3 feet.....not taller than most of the characters in that episode.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old August 8th, 2011 (05:57 PM).
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

A good episode overall, although Ash losing to a rookie trainer didn't please me. Then again, he did use Tepig, which is still a "new" Pokemon in terms of level.

At the beginning, when Axew failed (once again) at Dragon Rage, did Ash say "that was some wallop"? That's probably the oddest thing I've ever heard him say.

I'm not too happy with the fact that TR is back to stalking Ash and Co., but at least they don't act like pathetic losers anymore.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old August 8th, 2011 (08:27 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I wouldn't exactly say Tepig is new at the point. Considering it is the only pokemon to take part in every gym up until now. I think it was more of Druddigon being strong then the amount of experience Tepig actually has. I think you will like that TR isn't constantly bugging Ash and Co. and not to the annoying extent as they used to either. So regardless of their reverting it's no biggy.

As far as the episode I really did like it. It's one of the first episodes that we really get to see Iris develop as a character and make the episode her own. Instead of a Dragon Master, she seems more like a Dragon Tamer at this point. I assume they are essentially the same thing, but Dragon Master seems a step above. I just hope we get to see more of this from her in the future. I like how the artists depicted Druddigon as well, quite smexy.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old August 8th, 2011 (08:37 PM).
smurf
Veteran Trainer

i like the episode over all. the part about ash losing the girl did say that the druddigon was her dads so it was already trained to some point
Old August 9th, 2011 (05:40 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Okay, is it just me or did they make Jessies lipstick glossier?
I liked Emmy and Druddigon, I know theres a low chance of them appearing again, but it would be nice, at least for some Iris development.

It started out quite cool, Scraggy and Axew's rivarly really interests me, I hope they handle it well in the future. Iris certainly is amazing, noticing how Druddigon was hurt n' all.

Team Rocket certainly are more ambitious, we'll capture and evolve it. It really makes me smile hearing them say stuff like that, certainly since they can be a little down on themselfs. I wonder if we'll ever hear them say "Looks like we're blasting off again" any time soon.

I'm not going to go too much into this episode since it was certainly just development really. It's great how Axew mastered Dragon Rage and Druddigon's Draco Meteor looked really pretty. >,<

Old August 9th, 2011 (01:23 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Yes, I saw the lipstick gloss too. And how cute was Axew on all-fours? xD

Ok episode to me. I thought Emmy would be edgier and more of a rival for Iris. Team Rocket are better, funny yet not silly and not too serious but serious. And now we know what Iris is traveling for, I like it
Old August 10th, 2011 (07:29 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Druddigon has the usual embarrassing deep dub voice that they always use for large Pokemon. Urgh, I really hate the person who does that sort of voice. It's one of those voices where I can't really associate it with the Pokemon because all I'm doing is imagining the voice actor in the booth acting like a retard.

Yeah, I liked the shot when they zoomed into Jessie's lips and made her have glossy lipstick :D

The increase in dub BGM recently is annoying me so much I might have to start watching it in Japanese.

TRs jet packs were weird...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links