The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:47 AM
BakingBluePotatoe's Avatar
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Catatonia
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
I think what might have done Generations is basically the same thing that happenned to 06... the push to release the game by the end of the year.

Not that Generations was bad... but it's bland compared to Unleashed and even Colours DS... =/


EDIT: Speaking of anniversaries... Sonic's 21st Anniversary is this Saturday, the 23rd! What, if anything, are you going to do?
Me? I'll probably have a friend over and make some stupid video involving our plushies. and cake.
__________________

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)


Last edited by BakingBluePotatoe; June 18th, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #177    
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
OH MAN EPISODE 2 WAS SO GREAT.

I got Wonderful completely fixed physics. Srsly, rolling was totally not the only thing fixed here. And oh man, that level design, its just wonderful! All the levels are littered with unavoidable diagonal springs, unneeded speed boosters, and homing attack badnik chains as opposed to actual platforming! GENIUS I TELL YA, GEEEEEEEENIUS!!! And that music was just awesome. Jun Senoue just did a FANTASTIC JOB. Instead of doing it the way he's best at (Real freaking instruments) , he limits himself to horrible sounding noises that sound nothing like what he's striving for! ITS JUST GREAT. Also, good thinking for remixing a 12 second theme for boss music.

So overall Sonic 4 episode 2 is a great ga-OH GOD ITS HORRIBLE. KILL MEEE, KILLL MEEEE.

whhat a great game to celebrate 21 years of sonic. and only 6 of them good
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969

Last edited by Plasmette; June 18th, 2012 at 03:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #178    
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:25 AM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-Insanity View Post
I think what might have done Generations is basically the same thing that happenned to 06... the push to release the game by the end of the year.

Not that Generations was bad... but it's bland compared to Unleashed and even Colours DS... =/


EDIT: Speaking of anniversaries... Sonic's 21st Anniversary is this Saturday, the 23rd! What, if anything, are you going to do?
Me? I'll probably have a friend over and make some stupid video involving our plushies. and cake.
I'm going to play some Sonic games and listen to the Sonic Fan Remix Festival hosted by Sonic Radio. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
OH MAN EPISODE 2 WAS SO GREAT.

I got Wonderful completely fixed physics. Srsly, rolling was totally not the only thing fixed here. And oh man, that level design, its just wonderful! All the levels are littered with unavoidable diagonal springs, unneeded speed boosters, and homing attack badnik chains as opposed to actual platforming! GENIUS I TELL YA, GEEEEEEEENIUS!!! And that music was just awesome. Jun Senoue just did a FANTASTIC JOB. Instead of doing it the way he's best at (Real freaking instruments) , he limits himself to horrible sounding noises that sound nothing like what he's striving for! ITS JUST GREAT. Also, good thinking for remixing a 12 second theme for boss music.

So overall Sonic 4 episode 2 is a great ga-OH GOD ITS HORRIBLE. KILL MEEE, KILLL MEEEE.

whhat a great game to celebrate 21 years of sonic. and only 6 of them good
LOL.......For a secong I thought you were talking about Episode 1, because I seriously thought so.

One, physics are a helluva lot better than Episode 1's. By no means on the level of the Genesis/Mega Drive, but it shows that they ACTUALLY took criticisms on that. (Still no excuse as to why super Sonic still has Episode 1's physics)

Two, the music is way better than Episode 1. No doubt about it. Generally there's a more positive reception of the music in this game than the previous one.

Three, level design......I agree to an extent.

And let's see....those six games has to be Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, SA1 SA2 and...Generations? Just checkin.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179    
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
The only thing that was fixed was rolling. BUT THATS IT.
They have no excuse to mess it up, AGAIN. I've seen Fangames that have better physics than this. Like Sonic Fan remix, Sonic Time twisted. SERIOUSLY SEGA. Do the fans have to go over to Dimps and instruct them on how to program correct physics?


Sure, episode 2's soundtrack was eons better, mainly because it didn't sound like cats getting castrated. Didn't notice at first. But now I hear it and its slowly grinding away at my intelligence as we speak. Only track I really found memorable was the Metal Sonic music (Not that crap remix of Stardust Speedway). But Jun should use ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. I appreciate his effort to emulate the epic tunes of Ice Cap and Chemical Plant, but it just isn't working!

I also hated how they shoved the new "Tag team attack" thing up my butt. STOP FORCING ME TO USE GIMMICKS. THE WISPS IN COLOURS WORKED BECAUSE THEY WERE OPTIONAL.

Also, you are mostly correct. Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles (S3&K is one complete game get over it), SA2, Colours, and Generations. Almost everything about SA1 sucked to me. Story, Voice acting, gameplay, glitches, graphics, EVERYTHING). Everyone but Sonic SUCKED. 20 years, and only 6 good main series games. Most of the spinoffs suck though.
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #180    
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
The only thing that was fixed was rolling. BUT THATS IT.
They have no excuse to mess it up, AGAIN. I've seen Fangames that have better physics than this. Like Sonic Fan remix, Sonic Time twisted. SERIOUSLY SEGA. Do the fans have to go over to Dimps and instruct them on how to program correct physics?
I saw more more in improvement than just rolling. Sonic (and Tails) now have momentum when jumping instead of falling like rocks when the d-pad/joystick is let go.

And I agree, why let Dimps have another go? If Sonic CD 2011 is anything to go by.

There's some mentality that the fans are better at everything Sonic Team dishes out in a Sonic game though, and that's simply not true.


Quote:
Sure, episode 2's soundtrack was eons better, mainly because it didn't sound like cats getting castrated. Didn't notice at first. But now I hear it and its slowly grinding away at my intelligence as we speak. Only track I really found memorable was the Metal Sonic music (Not that crap remix of Stardust Speedway). But Jun should use ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. I appreciate his effort to emulate the epic tunes of Ice Cap and Chemical Plant, but it just isn't working!
Imo....I would have loved to have Cash Cash take a crack the soundtrack. But they wanted some consistency in the music. And it isn't that grating.

Quote:
I also hated how they shoved the new "Tag team attack" thing up my butt. STOP FORCING ME TO USE GIMMICKS. THE WISPS IN COLOURS WORKED BECAUSE THEY WERE OPTIONAL.
Can't argue with that. They promoted the Tag Team Attack well enough, but in game it was too over-reliant. However, it's an improvement over Tails actual use in Sonic 2 so I can't complain.

Quote:
Also, you are mostly correct. Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles (S3&K is one complete game get over it), SA2, Colours, and Generations. Almost everything about SA1 sucked to me. Story, Voice acting, gameplay, glitches, graphics, EVERYTHING). Everyone but Sonic SUCKED. 20 years, and only 6 good main series games. Most of the spinoffs suck though.
Opinions opinions. I personally love CD(it's soundtrack is one of the best in the series hands down) and Heroes despite the critics say of it Oh, and Unleashed.

You know, this makes me want to propose a new question....

WHAT SONIC GAME DO YOU BELIEVE IS OVERRATED IN THE SERIES AND WHY?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #181    
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Ah Crap, forgot about CD! Okay, 7 good years of Sonic. CD is a great game. The Xbox version is better than the original! Both soundtracks, Tails, supposed collision detection fix. People say it is one of the best. I wouldn't consider it the greatest, for one (BIG) reason:

The level design is crap. I cannot stress that enough. You're always bouncing. Always. Always. ALWAYS.

but yeah Soundtrack: Awesome. My favourite is Quartz Quadrant, Present, Japanese. BUt god are looking up these tracks hard on Youtube. Should just download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
There's some mentality that the fans are better at everything Sonic Team dishes out in a Sonic game though, and that's simply not true.
How...? Fans bring out good physics on their first try. Yet Dimps can't do it, even when they were given a second chance.
Also don't forget the MAXIMUM CRITICISM they got. Hell, I doubt they even bothered to play the classics. I bet they just looked at a single screenshot for 10 seconds and said "YEA, LETS MAKE A GAME".

I once heard that Sega actually wanted the creators of Fan Remix to take down the download link of SFR because it may disrupt the sales of episode 1.

What Sega? Butthurt because the fans can make better games than you? Thought so.

another thing that bothers me is that Sonic 4 episode 1 was originally gonna be called "Sonic DL (Downloadable)". Yet Sega probably knew it was gonna be crap and not gonna sell, so they changed it to Sonic 4 to rack in more cash, and disappoint fans more.
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969

Last edited by Plasmette; June 18th, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #182    
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Ah Crap, forgot about CD! Okay, 7 good years of Sonic. CD is a great game. The Xbox version is better than the original! Both soundtracks, Tails, supposed collision detection fix. People say it is one of the best. I wouldn't consider it the greatest, for one (BIG) reason:

The level design is crap. I cannot stress that enough. You're always bouncing. Always. Always. ALWAYS.

but yeah Soundtrack: Awesome. My favourite is Quartz Quadrant, Present, Japanese. BUt god are looking up these tracks hard on Youtube. Should just download it.
Please don't mention the level design.....it grates me too. XD

And pfft...looking them up on Youtube isn't THAT hard. Not when the JPN soundtrack been leaked and shown all over the web now. Hell, I have both soundtracks.

Quote:
How...? Fans bring out good physics on their first try. Yet Dimps can't do it, even when they were given a second chance.
Also don't forget the MAXIMUM CRITICISM they got. Hell, I doubt they even bothered to play the classics. I bet they just looked at a single screenshot for 10 seconds and said "YEA, LETS MAKE A GAME".
Fans bring out the good physics on their first try? I hardly believe that. It doesn't take a first try to get the physics down for a fan-game that well. Not even Sonic 2 HD had it down "on the first try".

I think DIMPS haven't played a classic Sonic game either. And that's sad.

Quote:
I once heard that Sega actually wanted the creators of Fan Remix to take down the download link of SFR because it may disrupt the sales of episode 1.
Yeah, but I don't think it's because of the how the gameplay was handled. It was how the game looked, and it looked amazing. Then again....that's the past.

Quote:
What Sega? Butthurt because the fans can make better games than you? Thought so.
Burn. XD And should that say "Butthurt because the fans can make better 2D games than you"? Since I would love to see the fans make a 3D title in the vein of Unleashed, Colors and Generations. But that's time and money to do that right? XD

Quote:
another thing that bothers me is that Sonic 4 episode 1 was originally gonna be called "Sonic DL (Downloadable)". Yet Sega probably knew it was gonna be crap and not gonna sell, so they changed it to Sonic 4 to rack in more cash, and disappoint fans more.
So true.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183    
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Okay, fans will never bring out a 3d game thats better than the current ones. But, the 2d ones are just SO MUCH BETTER. And you're right, fans can't bring out perfect physics on their first try. But they actually make sure the physics work and are closer to the source. They actually completely listen to criticism and find out what the problems are. Dimps just took the biggest complaint, fixed it by a smidgen, and then claimed it was fixed completely.

Also, how is it possible that a fan game looked better than an actual game? SFR looked gorgeous...while Episode 1 looks like it had a graphical budget of about 20 dollars and a box of crayons. At first, I thought it looked nice. It kinda looked like a comic book. But then I took a look at SFR.

Sega, these are the sequels to the games that saved your companies ass back in the 90's, and you should treat is as such. It should have been a big budget retail game. BUT NOPE.

I should probably sign up because the mods are a wee sensitive.

Who are your favourite Sonic characters?: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Silver.
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #184    
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Okay, fans will never bring out a 3d game thats better than the current ones. But, the 2d ones are just SO MUCH BETTER. And you're right, fans can't bring out perfect physics on their first try. But they actually make sure the physics work and are closer to the source. They actually completely listen to criticism and find out what the problems are. Dimps just took the biggest complaint, fixed it by a smidgen, and then claimed it was fixed completely.

Also, how is it possible that a fan game looked better than an actual game? SFR looked gorgeous...while Episode 1 looks like it had a graphical budget of about 20 dollars and a box of crayons. At first, I thought it looked nice. It kinda looked like a comic book. But then I took a look at SFR.

Sega, these are the sequels to the games that saved your companies ass back in the 90's, and you should treat is as such. It should have been a big budget retail game. BUT NOPE.
I applaud you for this post. You hit it spot on. And that Sonic 4 Episode 1 graphic comparison.....I love it. XD

No doubt an retail Sonic 4 would be great. But for a game like that it would take time. No doubt Sonic Team has it in them to make another 2D game again (look at Generations). Just don't let DIMPS touch it. XD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185    
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Its not like Sonic Team themselves can make a perfect 2D game. If you've played Generations as much as I have, you'd have noticed that the rolling...sucks...

Just as useful as it was in Episode 1. And by that I mean not at all. But, even with that, it still is better. Cause you know, they may have actually played Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and CD? Or at least looked at more than 1 screenshot? Not to mention the classic mixes were awesome, and all the old stages were perfectly translated into 2d.
Also another thing, everything in Episode 1 and 2 are rehashes. Maybe not the bosses (In Episode 2), but the stages. Episode 1 is lazy, and EPisode 2 is slightly less lazy but still bad.

You see, Generations had an excuse to rehash stages. Because it was an anniversary title. But Sonic 4 on the other hand did not. Its suppose to be a sequel, not the same game but with worse gameplay!
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #186    
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Its not like Sonic Team themselves can make a perfect 2D game. If you've played Generations as much as I have, you'd have noticed that the rolling...sucks...

Just as useful as it was in Episode 1. And by that I mean not at all. But, even with that, it still is better. Cause you know, they may have actually played Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and CD? Or at least looked at more than 1 screenshot? Not to mention the classic mixes were awesome, and all the old stages were perfectly translated into 2d.
Also another thing, everything in Episode 1 and 2 are rehashes. Maybe not the bosses (In Episode 2), but the stages. Episode 1 is lazy, and EPisode 2 is slightly less lazy but still bad.

You see, Generations had an excuse to rehash stages. Because it was an anniversary title. But Sonic 4 on the other hand did not. Its suppose to be a sequel, not the same game but with worse gameplay!
Sonic Team knew that they had to make Classic's gameplay at least similar....but damn that rolling was over-powered! So you're not the only one to notice. Especially in Speed Highway and Chemical Plant.

Episode 1 was straight rehash and example of "They Just Didn't Care" imo. And Episode 2 it was combining two previous themes into one. Granted, I liked that was better than Episode 1, and the graphics engine sure as hell made up for it. If there is an Episode 3 they need to be original to a higher extent. Like....a clock-based zone or another food zone. I'm fine with using newer game levels as inspiration.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187    
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
You're saying the Super Sonic Spin dash was overpowered. I'm trying to say that trying to gain momentum by rolling down a slope was useless. Chibi-Sonic uncurls almost instantly. Seriously, try it. Doesn't work.

And yeah, in episode 1, they just didn't give a Karp. Ooohhh, a clock based stage. That would be interesting and sounds like fun to play through. Maybe a fan can do it.
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969

Last edited by Plasmette; June 18th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #188    
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
You're saying the Super Sonic Spin dash was overpowered. I'm trying to say that trying to gain momentum by rolling down a slope was useless. Seriously, try it. Doesn't work.
Ah.....and wow you're right. That annoys the hell out of me...I remember trying Chemical Plant for the first time...was trying to use momentum strictly after one spin dash and what the hell? Classic did not roll down the way I expected, like the Direction Pad felt empty pressing it down. (I have PS3 btw)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189    
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
NV's Avatar
NV
Dracon Leader
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Username:NV
Favorite Sonic Character(s):Mighty, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Bean
and might as well add in the other questions
Favorite Game: Sonic the Fighters (Since even an over powered Emeral doesn't make Sonic Battle quite as fun as a fighting game where a pyrotechnic Duck is playable.)
If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)? I would want a Sonic adventure 1 & 2 fusion with level and boss redesigns for both stories, a large variety of multiplayer games (such as level races using any of the characters from the two stories, Some Co-op What if storylines and a four player board racing game.) a character creator, Chao walkers using your own chao, and a short after story where you play as Amy, Tikal, Cream, Metal Sonic, Chaos, and Omega in a prelude to Sonic Heros. I'd Call it Sonic Ultimate Adventures.
Reply With Quote
  #190    
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:42 AM
~Ryukaa's Avatar
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Username: ~Ryukaa
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Blaze, Tails, Emerl.

What is your favorite Sonic game?
My favourite Sonic game would be the Advance series. I also really liked Sonic Battle. xD;
They were my first Sonic games, and I had the most memories with them.

If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)?
Honestly, I can tell you what I wouldn't want in my ideal Sonic game. What that is, is a really badly overdone story. Sonic games have been infamous for that. Of course, there are a lot of people who like that story, and that's fine. ...But it's not something I would personally want. xD;
My ideal Sonic game is a game that would blow away just as much as Super Mario Galaxy did, while retaining the feel of the original Genesis games. The Final Zone would have a similar feel to the Chaos Angel Zone from Sonic Advance 3, because that Zone was freaking awesome. I would like a new 3D platformer, but without any major upgrades or gimmicks like Sonic Colors. Also, if it were on the Wii U, that would be cool. o3o
That's pretty much it!

On another note, I really need to play 4: Episode 2. I haven't even played Episode 1 yet, but ehh! xDD;;
__________________
CSSdeviantArt • pair
Reply With Quote
  #191    
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:23 AM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Welcome NV and ~Ryukaa to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
Username:NV
Favorite Sonic Character(s):Mighty, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Bean
and might as well add in the other questions
Favorite Game: Sonic the Fighters (Since even an over powered Emeral doesn't make Sonic Battle quite as fun as a fighting game where a pyrotechnic Duck is playable.)
If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)? I would want a Sonic adventure 1 & 2 fusion with level and boss redesigns for both stories, a large variety of multiplayer games (such as level races using any of the characters from the two stories, Some Co-op What if storylines and a four player board racing game.) a character creator, Chao walkers using your own chao, and a short after story where you play as Amy, Tikal, Cream, Metal Sonic, Chaos, and Omega in a prelude to Sonic Heros. I'd Call it Sonic Ultimate Adventures.
Agreed with the Bean the Duck comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryukaa View Post
Username: ~Ryukaa
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Blaze, Tails, Emerl.

What is your favorite Sonic game?
My favourite Sonic game would be the Advance series. I also really liked Sonic Battle. xD;
They were my first Sonic games, and I had the most memories with them.

If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)?
Honestly, I can tell you what I wouldn't want in my ideal Sonic game. What that is, is a really badly overdone story. Sonic games have been infamous for that. Of course, there are a lot of people who like that story, and that's fine. ...But it's not something I would personally want. xD;
My ideal Sonic game is a game that would blow away just as much as Super Mario Galaxy did, while retaining the feel of the original Genesis games. The Final Zone would have a similar feel to the Chaos Angel Zone from Sonic Advance 3, because that Zone was freaking awesome. I would like a new 3D platformer, but without any major upgrades or gimmicks like Sonic Colors. Also, if it were on the Wii U, that would be cool. o3o
That's pretty much it!

On another note, I really need to play 4: Episode 2. I haven't even played Episode 1 yet, but ehh! xDD;;
Now that's an interesting concept. In a way Sonic Colors was that mesh of 'Super Mario Galaxy' while retaining the wistfulness of the classics with the locations and such. but I get what you mean.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192    
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
You know what my perfect Sonic game would be? SAdly, it will NEVER, EVER, happen. If Sonic Team or Dimps themselves are developing it.

A 2d Sonic game, sold in stores, with HD 2d sprites along the lines of S2HD and Rayman Orgins. Or maybe the Episode 2 or SFR graphics. I don't care. Would prefer Episode 2 and SFR, but they both would look very nice.

Physics that are exactly like Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD, and hell, even the Advance Games.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all being playable, all with their S3&K abilities. (NO HOMING ATTACK).
But, Amy, Shadow, Silver, and maybe even other characters can be playable. Shadow having Chaos Powers, Amy having her Hammer, and Silver having Telekinesis.

Everyone can Spin dash, Spin jump, and most importantly, GO JUST AS FAST AS SONIC.

No overuse of springs, and speed boosters. NONE OF THAT CRAP. FIRE YOURSELVES AND HIRE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING YOU BRAINLESS IDIOTS AT DIMPS.


Also another thing I forgot to complain about was that the camera is too close to Sonic. Or its just that Sonic himself is too big. Seriously, its almost as bad as Sonic 1 GBA version. O yea, I went there.

That and a Sonic and Mario crossover that isn't a sports game.

"HEY GUYS AT NINTENDERP, INSTEAD OF MAKING AN AWESOME CROSS DIMENSION PLATFORMING ADVENTURE, LETS MAKE A SPORTS GEAM WITH THE OLYMPICS. DOESN'T THAT SOUND FUHN? ISN'T THIS THE SANIK AND MARIOO GEAM EVERY HAS BEEN WATING FOR?"

GENIUS!!
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #193    
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Lilith's Avatar
Lilith
Protect his very soul.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Welcome to the club, new members! -gives complimentary chili dogs to everyone-

@Artificial-Insanity: Woah woah woah, you deserve extra points for answering all those topics. :P I love your Sonic merchandise collection! Welcome to the club! We're glad to have you here.

@Falling Wishes: HEY! I didn't know you liked Sonic until you mistakenly called Pokecole Shadow. xD; It's very nice to see you here!

@Plasmette: You seem fun. :D I really don't know what was going on in Episode II development, haha. It's still an enjoyable, improved sequel, for me.

@NV: A Bean fan! Ya gotta love the bomb-crazy duck. That's a very interesting concept for your ideal game; I quite like the idea of having your own Chao in the Chao walkers, hehe!

@~Ryukaa: Thank you for joining! I had a lot of nice memories with Advance and Battle too. :) My usertitle references Chaos Angel from Advance 3. That zone definitely needs a 3D redesign.. <3

Speaking of anniversaries... Sonic's 21st Anniversary is this Saturday, the 23rd! What, if anything, are you going to do?
I dunno yet! I'll watch Korra in the morning and may read BW2 news! I'll try to 100% Sonic Adventure, maybe. I'm very close to 100%, since like October. /general laziness

WHAT SONIC GAME DO YOU BELIEVE IS OVERRATED IN THE SERIES AND WHY?
Sonic CD. I could never totally warm up to it like some other fans can. Peel out is overrated. Past/Future seems moot as it's kinda difficult to maintain your speed. Levels are strange! I still haven't beat the PS3 version yet. x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
You know what my perfect Sonic game would be? SAdly, it will NEVER, EVER, happen. If Sonic Team or Dimps themselves are developing it.

A 2d Sonic game, sold in stores, with HD 2d sprites along the lines of S2HD and Rayman Orgins. Or maybe the Episode 2 or SFR graphics. I don't care. Would prefer Episode 2 and SFR, but they both would look very nice.

Physics that are exactly like Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD, and hell, even the Advance Games.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all being playable, all with their S3&K abilities. (NO HOMING ATTACK).
But, Amy, Shadow, Silver, and maybe even other characters can be playable. Shadow having Chaos Powers, Amy having her Hammer, and Silver having Telekinesis.

Everyone can Spin dash, Spin jump, and most importantly, GO JUST AS FAST AS SONIC.

No overuse of springs, and speed boosters. NONE OF THAT CRAP. FIRE YOURSELVES AND HIRE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING YOU BRAINLESS IDIOTS AT DIMPS.


Also another thing I forgot to complain about was that the camera is too close to Sonic. Or its just that Sonic himself is too big. Seriously, its almost as bad as Sonic 1 GBA version. O yea, I went there.

That and a Sonic and Mario crossover that isn't a sports game.

"HEY GUYS AT NINTENDERP, INSTEAD OF MAKING AN AWESOME CROSS DIMENSION PLATFORMING ADVENTURE, LETS MAKE A SPORTS GEAM WITH THE OLYMPICS. DOESN'T THAT SOUND FUHN? ISN'T THIS THE SANIK AND MARIOO GEAM EVERY HAS BEEN WATING FOR?"

GENIUS!!
Yeah, I just don't understand why the homing attack exists in 2D levels. It insanely helps in 3D, but it's unnecessary in 2D. I also wanna see the main trio return with their S3&K abilities! Big want for me, if they do an Episode III. :x

Spring madness in Episode II = yuck
Dimps is trying to annoy you ;)

I think having a Sonic and Mario platformer like Brawl's story mode would be cool, haha! Sonic needs to slow down for ol' Mario.
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #194    
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Fun Fact, the homing attack was the result of bad gameplay. Since the controls in SA1 were so god awful, nobody could jump on Badniks themselves. So they copied Sonic 3d blast's idea and gave Sonic a homing attack. Yaaaay.
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #195    
Old June 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Fun Fact, the homing attack was the result of bad gameplay. Since the controls in SA1 were so god awful, nobody could jump on Badniks themselves. So they copied Sonic 3d blast's idea and gave Sonic a homing attack. Yaaaay.
Oh yeah, and Sonic Team were not going to bluntly state that the design game-play is bad XD

I hate the Homing Attack in 2006.....feels incomplete, so damn wonky, had tnedency to work AGAINST you.....then again that whole game is a mess.

And to answer my own question...

Most Overrated Game In My Opinion?

Sonic Adventure 2. It's a good game, but it's funny how it makes SA1's premise in terms of Sonic-style gameplay and shrunk it down. 2/3 of the entire game is either mundane treasure hunting or BLAM BLAM shooting galleries. All the 'Golden Goose' hype of it being the best Sonic game of all time? 3D Game is another story....Pfft....and yes I've heard that. Mostly from the younger fans.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196    
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Overrated? Sonic CD. Best Sonic game ever my butt. Level design is awful. But great music and gameplay.
I like both soundtracks, but I'd have to go with JP. It sounds more upbeat and light hearted, while the American version sounds a little dark, and seems to take itself seriously. Yes, take your blue talking furry and friends seriously. Sa2 also takes itself way too seriously. Its not even funny.
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #197    
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Overrated? Sonic CD. Best Sonic game ever my butt. Level design is awful. But great music and gameplay.
I like both soundtracks, but I'd have to go with JP. It sounds more upbeat and light hearted, while the American version sounds a little dark, and seems to take itself seriously. Yes, take your blue talking furry and friends seriously. Sa2 also takes itself way too seriously. Its not even funny.
Then 2006 takes seriousness to absurd levels. XD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198    
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Plasmette's Avatar
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Haven't played 06. I've seen it go for like 10 dollars, but I'm too lazy to buy it
__________________
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Reply With Quote
  #199    
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Undefeatedable's Avatar
Undefeatedable
Sonic Lover/Black Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On the Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

EMERALD


Username: Undefeatedable
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic

What is your favorite Sonic game?
_________________________________
Well, it's a hard choice. I've been with Sonic since I was 3 years old and well... I have several. (btw, wearin my favorite Sonic shirt so I'm in the zone)

Sonic the Hedgehog: First one I played, back when I was 3. Still play it on Mega Collection and on Generations! Prefer the Gamecube controller feeling tho.

Sonic CD: This game was a win to me. I didn't play it until Gems came out, but I always wanted to. I first played it and sucked but I picked it up eventually.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles: Also a win to me. I didn't actually play the full one until about 3 months ago, but I always played 3 on Mega Collection. Wish I had the original...... I love it so much, I beat the game with every character variation lol!

Sonic Adventure: LOVE IT! Still play it! I just recently bought another Dreamcast and the original game so I could re-live the experience!

Sonic Adventure 2: 'Nuff said.

Sonic 2006: *Prepares for Rage Comments* I agree it wasn't one of the best, BUT this is a question about my favs! >.< I loved the mature storyline (I mainly game for story).

Sonic Unleashed: WEREHOG IS FUN! Day stages are better! ^.^

Sonic Colors: 'Nuff said.

Sonic Generations: Makes me relive all of the moments I just shared with you guys!

Sonic 4: Ok this is a weird one. I don't actually own this game. LOVE IT, but don't own it. (I don't have Xbox live atm)

Sonic Battle: I remember having class-wide tournaments with this game back in 3rd grade. Sooooooo fun!

(The reason why Sonic 2 didn't make my favs was because my cousins ruined the experience for me.... they were so bad at the special stages..... I never went Super TT-TT)


For Sonic's Anniversary, my cousins and I are gonna start a marathon from Sonic 1 all the way to Generations. We already talked and I have all the games sooo... NO SLEEP MODE!




Also (if anyone cares....) Big fan of the comics. Have a longbox of them in my room. (Only comics I read btw....)
===============
Hope to see this thread flourish!
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too tall. Max height is 350px.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Undefeatedable; June 21st, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Forgot sumthin...
Reply With Quote
  #200    
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
BakingBluePotatoe's Avatar
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Catatonia
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatedable View Post


For Sonic's Anniversary, my cousins and I are gonna start a marathon from Sonic 1 all the way to Generations. We already talked and I have all the games sooo... NO SLEEP MODE!




Also (if anyone cares....) Big fan of the comics. Have a longbox of them in my room. (Only comics I read btw....)
I'm planning to do the exact same thing! I might livestream some of the games around Midnight if I'm feeling up for it.

since my compy is slow, I'd only be streaming the classics, maybe some music, fanhacks and an episode or 2 of Sonic X. (this would be about 3 and a half hours from now, and the link will be in my signature in about 2 hours if I do decide to do it.)

Oh, and YES! I LOVE the comics! Haven't got all the newest ones and there's huge gaps so I haven't been readign them must lately...



HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. I decided to go all-out and create a fun challenge..

THE SONIC SUPER GENERATIONS CHALLENGE!

Play Sonic Generations.:

Once you complete both acts of a zone as both Sonics, go play the original game the level came from.
Get as far as you can in the game without a Game Over. Preferably, playing through all stories.
Record Total Lives in each game. Record where the first and last deaths in each game where.
Do not play extra missions in any game. Do not return to previous levels to collect extra goodies or improve your score.

At the end of the entire run, add up the totals Posted Image
Game Over in Generations= you must restart the entire run all over again.

*Skills ARE allowed, IF it's a skill you can earn from a mission. (Or the default, Power Brake)
*If you can beat the original game's story mode without a single Game Over, then you may go back to that zone and do the rest of the Challanges and/or collect the Red Rings.
*Don't have one of the games? Substitute it for another one then.
*If you happened to get an S-Rank on your run through that zone, then you may use a continue. S-Rank both acts, 2 continues. (don't have an actual continue in the game? then use level select.)
*Losers of the Challenge must consume at least one full Cinnadog (Chilidog with SUPER Spicy Chilli, Hot Sauce, and Cinnamon.)

__________________

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)


Last edited by BakingBluePotatoe; June 23rd, 2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Added a challenge!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.