The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > PC Events > PokéCommunity Get-Together 8

Notices

PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 has ended! Thanks for participating!
The Get-Together forum will no longer be visible from July 31.

Old July 14th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

The PokéCommunity Get-Together 8
Pokémon Game Map-Off
Hosted/Judged by Hiroshi Sotomura and Destiny Demon. Judges 3|4: colcolstyles, Ninja Caterpie

Welcome to the annual Pokémon Game Map-Off! Like most Get-Togethers, there is a map-off. A map-off is when members create a map with a program/tool and have it judged. There will be three winners, which means there is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place emblem. Every participant, whether they won or not, will also get an emblem for participating in this map-off.

The suggested programs for this map-off is Advance Map or RPG Maker XP. But feel free to use a program you like to make maps on.

Rules

→ Give credit to the tools/tiles or anything else you used in the map when needed.
→ You cannot steal anyone else's map.
→ This map must be created by you, not someone else.
→ You have to submit your map in the following format below.
→ No special effects are allowed on the map, but static overworlds (trees, boulders, etc.) are allowed.

Schedule

July 15th-21st - Submit your maps in!
July 22nd-25th - Judging process. No more maps accepted.
July 26th - The results are in!

Emblems will be given out as soon as possible, once the staff upload them/are able to give them out.

Posting Format

As stated in the rules, you must submit your map in the following format:

Map Title: (Title)
Description: (Description)
Credits: (Credits)
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

The map must be in spoiler tags, no matter how small or big it is.

And your award is…

As with the past Map-Off competitions, we have prizes awarded to the best maps. This year we're taking a bit of a twist to it - first, second and third place winners get an emblem with their winning entry featured in the emblem! (First place gets it presented in a special, secret way.)

Gold Master Cartographer
You made the best map out of every single person who participated in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off! This emblem is your stellar map, preserved for cartography.
Silver-Toothed Area Planner
You made one of the best maps - scoring second place - in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off! This emblem commemorates your success (and shows off a chunk of the map of excellency that made you said success.)
Bronze Map Drawer
You made a map that placed you third in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off! Congratulations on your nice map!
Puzzle Piecer
This member participated in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off.

Map Entries

Platinum Town - ruup20
Route 6 - Cyndaquil312
UnderwaterSapphire - U_Flame
Suna Cove - r0bert
Route GT8 - Fireworks
Crescent Isles - Retribution
Team Shadow meeting place - Anglican
(UNNAMED) - ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ
Serenity Way - Abnegation
Deserted Island - Chiar
Marine Bizzare - NatureKeeper
A2 - Kip
Sebrene City - DrFuji
Medika City - Anbuja's_BlooDY
Saintony Forest - Brendino
Tin Tower 9th Floor Revamp - Piplup-Trainer
Route 151 - Tropical Sunlight
(UNNAMED) - QuilavaKing
Tezen - Blue Nocturne
The Small Islands - agentgeo
Pallet Beach - LightOfTruth
Maxi-Day City - JalordaSerpent7
Snivy Forest - Articuno23
Clandestine Path - Binary

Final Notes

Well, that's it! If you have any questions, you can either post in this thread, or ask Jake or myself.

Last edited by Kevin; July 25th, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:03 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I will enter one of the maps for a hack I'm working on

*gives me a excuse to do route 1 before finishing pallet village*

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old July 15th, 2011, 08:41 AM
ruup20
Gonna splash everybody!

Nature: Jolly
Map Title: Platinum Town
Description: First town in my hack version 2
Credits: Wesley Fg ,alistar and whack a hack
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

I really need a advanced scripter for my hack and a good storyline-guy,
Thank you.

Last edited by ruup20; July 18th, 2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Cyndaquil312
I'm Back!

Nature: Brave
Map Title: Route 6 (Bonsai Village to Karona Town via Monument Cavern)
Description: A short route at the base of a mountain. Many call it the best fishing spot around.
Credits: **(Lu-ho for Am 1.95)
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cyndaquil312; July 18th, 2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: everyone one else is crediting Lu-ho, and I felt bad...
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Map Title: UnderwaterSapphire
Description: This is a simple town in my hack. A town completely underwater. The technology explanation is pretty complicated so I won't go into detail.
Credits: AdvanceMap 1.92
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:30 AM
r0bert
Quitifyingly awesome.

Nature: Naughty
Map Title: Suna Cove
Description: my first sea-route ever! I'm really proud of it.
Credits: alistair
Lalo0101
darkdragon(?)
alucus
calis projects
zein
princelegendario
anbuja's_bloody
kyledove
Zelix
Me
LU-OH
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by r0bert; July 15th, 2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: better mapshot
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
Map Title: Route GT8
Description: A small Route near a Forest.
Credits: Alistair and whoever made Game Maker.
Mapshot:

I know I won't win but hopefully I'll get in the top three.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old July 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Map Title: Crescent Isles
Description: A group of islands shaped resembling crescent moons. There is a theory that the islands used to be joined together and was once a large, single island long ago. To get to the northern island containing the gym, you have to do several tasks around the island for the civillians. The leader uses dark-type Pokemon (dark types, moons... see the connection? ) and is the seventh gym leader. His house is also on this island. Also, the island is very rainy and Carvahna are known to surround the islands, sometimes getting aggresive and attacking civillians. The only exit it has is south.
Credits: GAME FREAK, LU-HO for creating AdvanceMap. The palettes are from several Pokemon games (Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black/White)/custom.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Is it okay if, before the submission period ends, that I update my map? I might change the tiles, but I'm just checking to make sure it'd be okay. :U

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; July 16th, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old July 15th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Is it okay if, before the submission period ends, that I update my map? I might change the tiles, but I'm just checking to make sure it'd be okay. :)
Yep, as long as it's before July 18th.
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Anglican
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Name: Team Shadow meeting place.
Description: this is the meeting place for the three segments of team shadow. the pokemon centre is a trap, the bits above the lava is the landing place for the sky segment, the sea, sea segment, things in the groung, going down, earth segment.
Credits: Enterbrain: RPG Maker XP
Mortenkien(not on pokecommunity!) for the majority of tilesets in my game+ this one!
Poccil: autotiles(i think. someone tell me if the autotiles(sea) are yours!
mugshot
Spoiler:
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:52 PM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
Map title: none
Description: it's a beach map for my team hack, the cave entrance is actually a route to the next town, just so you guys know.
Credits: Wesley fg, alistair, knockentrocken (something like that), princelegendario,Trevor, Newtiteuf and aten974,kymotonian and speedialga, tb pro, and me. Oh and the advance map creator.
mapshot:
Spoiler:

i might have worked on the map more, but i might not be able to log on in the next couple of days, so i won't be able to see who won.

i also put the map in the attachment, it looks sorta small in the spoiler, just open the attachment in another tab.
Attached Images
File Type: png MyBeachMap.png‎ (300.5 KB, 47 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:56 PM
abnegation
I do this so you cannot help but hear. A wise man views a moonless night with fear.

Map Title: Serenity Way
Description: A large route, to supplement as a test to trainers on their way to the Pokémon League.
Credits: lalo101, Kyledove, Ultimospriter, Dewitty & myself for the tiles. Made with RMXP.
Mapshot: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ey-d3hf1ap.png

Spoiler:

Last edited by abnegation; July 16th, 2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Chiar

Map Title: Deserted Island
Description: A mysterious deserted island located in the middle of the sea, making it a paradise for exotic, rare Pokemon.
It's possible that even prehistoric Pokemon are dwelling its mountain areas.
Credits: Gamefreak, LU-HO.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

I will not win for certain, but I would still like the emblem.
Old July 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Map Title: Marine Bizzare
Description: A sea route map designed to be one map that will annoy players to death due to the currents. There is also a minor grass route. It may not seem hard, but it should be brutal in the game itself with the small GBA screen. Designed 100% Pokémon Ruby tiles. To the top is a regular route. To the east is a sea route.
Credits: GAME FREAK, LU-HO (They spell their names in block capitals.)
Preview (Mapshot):
Spoiler:

P.S. You can request to get the .map file and try it out.
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Kip
Highpaw!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Rash
Map Title: A2
Description: This is designed as the second route players will travel on from the first town (equivalent to Viridian). They would initially travel from east to west (right to left), which means, true to Pokémon style, it's a lot easier to go back than it is to go forwards. The map is designed to link players from the outskirts of a city into a twisting forest, crossing a major river on the way (part of which is surf-able). The map's defining feature is the dual path thing, which is inspired by the dual carriageway motorway idea and me translating that into a Pokémon map. Towards the far west of the map is a route leading north to south, which is inaccessible unless the player has obtained Cut. I think I tried to make the map look natural, yet still make it look like a Pokémon game map. All of the tiles are the original FireRed tileset, with the addition of a small amendment by myself (the fence on the bridge to be exact).
Credits: Gamefreak for the Tiles, LU-HO for AdvanceMap
Mapshot:

Spoiler:

And yes - I realise it's incredibly long.

Old July 17th, 2011, 04:29 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Map Title: Sebrene City
Description: This sea-side city is one of the largest in the region, playing host to the headquarters of it's biggest businesses. Ryde Corp has recently begun dumping it's by-products on the streets of Sebrene, leaving the nearby residents puzzled as to how they suddenly lost the capabilities to competently handle their manufactured waste. The relaxing sea and beach provide a handy release from the heavy-handed business conducted within the city. There is a long sea route to the East of Sebrene, while you can exit on foot to either the North or West. Finally, it also plays host to the region's only bicycle shop.
Credits: PrinceLegendario, Dewitty, Epic Day, WesleyFG, TB Pro, Calis Projects, minorthreat0987, LU-HO
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:10 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
i hope i am still allowed to psot
map name: medika city
description:this is a city near mountain thats why mountains exist inside the city too.here u meet the second gym leader in on house in a medical ordinance where u will be able to fight her than.
credits:rossay , ultimospriter , weslayfg , boomxbig , LU-HO (advance map)
map shot
Spoiler:

Last edited by ~Anbuja; July 18th, 2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
Map Title: Saintony Forest
Description: A wooded area situated near Saintony City
Credits: Game Freak/Nintendo, LU-HO (AdvanceMap)
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

NOTE: This wasn't the map I originally planned on posting, but somehow the ROM I was working on became a corrupted file since this morning. I have no desire to spend another 3 or 4 hours recreating it, so I just posted a map from an old hack I was working on.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Piplup-Trainer
This is my custom user title.

Location: Europe. Many people haven`t heard about the country in which I live.
Nature: Relaxed
Since AdvanceMap and RPG Maker XP are only the suggested tools for this contest (and not declared as "have to be used") and since I'm hacking Pokemon Crystal at the moment just for fun, I decided to use Pokemon Crystal Map Ver. 0.97.

Map Title: Tin Tower 9th Floor Revamp
Description: I used the map of the Tin Tower 9th Floor from Pokemon Crystal and edited it. So the map is made by myself, I just used the map that I mentioned before as a base. All of the tiles shown in this pictures are originally from Pokemon Crystal. The "Arcanine puppet thing" and the "wood charcoal" thing are also gtraphics from Pokemon Crystal, but those graphics can only be found and used when editing a tile with the Crystal Map Block Editor (which is included in that tool).
Credits: Everyone, who contributed something to the developement of the hacking tool "CrystalMap Ver. 0.97" (The "About..." section originally says : "CRYS MAP Version 0.97 by Glumanda10000.GM 1.41 by Jigglypuff. Danka an JamesR, Filb und alle anderen Romhackern. ."). Oh and btw, sorry if some "floor parts" (look at Arcanine and the corcoal) or "objects" (the cutted-off fence part) don't match 100% with the map. I can only use defined in-game sprite pieces and put them together to make a tile, but I can't change every pixel so yeah.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Short summary :

2007 : ROM Hacking - asking some questions regarding Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2008 : Trading - mostly to complePokemon keDex in Pokemon Diamond until 2009
2009 : Battling - battles without ev'd Pokemon until 2009, competitive battles until 2010
2010 : Chatting - talking to pc friends, but more often on ut more often on MSN), having a good time
2011 : Less activity - it dropped more because of Windows Live Messenger and Facebook

Last edited by Piplup-Trainer; July 18th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Map Title: Route 151
Description: Two rivers flow together, stay joined for a couple of moments, the flow into the vast ocean. The hole is for a Hidden Move called Tunnel. To the north is a small port town.
Credits: X-Buster, Wesley FG, zetavares, Dewitty and Alistair for tiles and LU-HO for AdvanceMap.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tropical Sunlight; July 20th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Map Title: Never really thought up a name for this one. =/
Description: Ugh, I ran out of time to finish the map I was making for this contest, so I"ll have to use this one instead. It's never been used for anything before, so it should be fine.

With this map, I'm trying to capture a specific emotion that I felt a lot, as a kid. Basically, you come into the city from the right, after a long arduous cave. The city is bright, and happy... but to proceed, you have to go through another cave... and you just don't want to do it. I taunt the player even more by making the next half of the town visible, just down that cliff, so they know what waits for them... but it won't be easy to get to.
Credits: None
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old July 19th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Blue Nocturne
Not THAT one.

Nature: Quirky
Do World Maps count?

Map Title: Tezen
Description: The World Map of the Tezen Region. Industrious, cultured and biodiverse, Tezen boasts a high standard of living for it's citizens, complemented by a bustling economy and low levels of unemployment.

With excellent transport services and a variety of beautiful landscapes and exciting resorts, Tezen consistently attracts a large number of tourists; in particular to the eastern island, which is home to the constantly sunny Lemure Resort, The Sweet Mountain and Neon Palace resorts and Tempest Water Park, in addition to the spectacular Serpents Gate, the frozen Lake Milohai, Promethea Falls and The Great Divide.

That's not to say that the Western Island is not without it's charms. Sureth and Zertinan City are two of the biggest cities in the Pokemon World. Others, such as the VERY British Buxstone City, the floating Aerial City Lhusa and the one-building city of Shadopolis, have become known for their friendly citizens, quirks of architecture, and outstanding artistic output.

Credits: I can't find the original image I took it from, but the snowwy tree's are not my own. Also, The good fellows at Adobe Photoshop.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away.
It can't protect. It only destroys."

Last edited by Blue Nocturne; July 21st, 2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Wanted to add some details regarding the Tezen Region.
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
itari
普通の魔法使い
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'll enter this map-off!

Map Title: The Small Islands
Description: A couple small islands with water shallow enough to walk between them. There is a small path of deep water on the West side, and a sea route to the East.
Credits: GAMEFREAK, LU-HO
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Attached Images
File Type: png Small Islands.png‎ (42.4 KB, 310 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

Map Title: Pallet Beach
Description: Its kantos Route 1 10 years later
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old July 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Aaaand the first post is updated with all the current submitted entries for this Map-Off.
Feel free to glance at other people's work. :D

There's still one more day before judging occurs, so if you haven't already submitted your map, here's your chance. All entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 21st at 11:59 PM (EST).

Sponsored Links