The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Old June 20th, 2012, 11:27 AM
sammyboy1122
Pokemon Hacker

Nature: Jolly
yes I did create my accont for rom hacking and I'm looking for peple to help me PM me if you want to help
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Shaf
Lonely MadNooB Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Shaf
I discovered rom hacking a year ago when i was 11 and a half.
I saw the awesome hack of destinedjagold and my mouth was not shut that day.
I was surprised to see that hack and after searchin and searchin i stumbled on this site.
PC was always coming on google.
I made my account here and that's how it is.
I'm still a noob though and I am making a hack of POKEMON EMERALD :'(

FanClubs I'm IN!
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
TrainerFabio
Beginning Trainer

I wanted to play pokemon in the computer then I found pokemon naranja :D
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Ravenfreak
Raven rocks! :D

Nature: Brave
I discovered ROM hacking back in 2008 when I first joined the Sonic Community. I loved the classic Sonic games, and found out that I could modify one of my favorite games of all time. One thing lead to another, I got into hacking the 8-bit Sonic games, and picked up z80 asm pretty easy, since I knew 68k asm. I then came across the Pokemon hacking community, and pretty much knew that the GB uses the z80 as it's processor so hacking the classic 1st and 2nd Gen games should come easy for me.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenfreak View Post
I then came across the Pokemon hacking community, and pretty much knew that the GB uses the z80 as it's processor so hacking the classic 1st and 2nd Gen games should come easy for me.
It definitely will be!
With G/S/C, you can get quite far only by understanding ram structure and how the build-in scripting engine works. In RBY, "everything" is assembly though.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
amcolash
Unhatched Egg

I was told about ROM Hacking from a friend. He had played Shiny Gold and thought it was awesome. I looked around a bit and funny enough, I have never played a hack, but instead have just tried out hacking. It is a lot of work, but really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
From then on, I was hooked :3

That is my grand epic of tragedy and woe.
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Pumpkinbot
Beginning Trainer

Heh, I actually started with Super Mario World hacking on Lunar Magic, a PC program. I then...uh...don't remember, but I messed around in Advance Map for a little, then remembered when I did this, like...a month ago.
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
ADLFM14
Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
First i couldn't believe that someone could hack a Pokemon game until i heared about a hack called Pokemon prism i played it but too bad its wasn't completed and I wondered if i could hack a gbc game but i failed and i noticed that gba hacking is easier because it has more hacking tools,tutorials and other staff then i started rom hacking and i found in it fun because scince i was a kid i always liked to make my own ideas for games :D
Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Superqami
Froakie is Awesome!

Nature: Naughty
I found about Poke Community When i bought Shiny Gold Cartridge And I just got to KNOW about Hacking!
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:33 AM
chi23
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Gentle
Just like a lot people on here, I found out about ROM Hacking through youtube and partially this site when I heard about Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends, after I had played through it I wanted to find out how to hack and create my own version of a pokemon game (and for me it's pretty hard to get my head around).
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:15 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
I discovered when I was playing Pokemon ShinyGold and learned that it's a hack and I said to myself "Why is this not finished it seems to be easy hacking maybe I'll try it some time xD"... :
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

It was from Pokemon Quartz. I've saw a Let's Play of it on youtube, then there was a Let's Play of Light Platinum in the suggestion box, which took my interests. So I've decided to take a go at it. Even though I was skeptical at the game at first (Wonky difficulty curve at the start, the professor is not named after a tree) I soon began to love the game after the first gym. After playing that hack, I've decided to move on to Suicune's Expert Emerald, which was quite an excellent play, as Pokemon games nowadays tend to be a boring walk in the park. Later I've decided to try jagold's Ruby Destiny: LoG. At first, I was not sure if I would enjoy it due to fakemon, but soon I started warming up to them and even used one on my team. So now, I usually play hacks on and off, and at the moment I'm even making my own hack.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
Left with the Wind...

Nature: Naive
Back when I was 10, I was a PC Game buff and took a lot of pride in having so-and-so games. Then my bro's friend gave us a few GBA Pokémon games along with VBA. So as I got deeper and deeper into the games, my Pokéaddiction started. I downloaded more GBA Pokémon games and in the process I downloaded two hacks (Ruby Destiny Triology and Shiny Gold) without knowing that they were created by Zel and DJG. I used to think, this game has so many glitches, why did Nintendo make them? So I went deeper into them and found that they were made by independent "ROM Hackers" and they were "GBA ROM Hacks" and I got interested in the subject. I fished up more Hacks and, yeah, that's how I discovered it.

| | | | | | |

Try using Brave Bird!

Goodbye... I'm off.

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Extraordinaire

Nature: Quiet
I was on YouTube bored out of my mind and then I thought I would look at some hacks.
I came across hacking for Super Mario 64. Then Super Mario World. Then Zelda OoT and MM and then finally FR/LG/R/S/E

Old August 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
aar2697

Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
I always wanted to make my own Pokemon game. I don't think I saw any ROM hacks before I came to this forum to start ROM hacking. I'm surprised I've made it this far; I can script almost like it's English to me and do quite a bit more hacking things.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Sharpielemon
Beginning Trainer

A lets play, pokemon Snakewood to be exact, I'm hooked and learning more about ROM hacking so that I can make a game where you're a grunt and have to work your way up to Leader.
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:11 AM
The_Show
Currently: Game of Thrones

Nature: Sassy
I learned about Rom Hacking when I was looking up videos on how to pure Shadow Lugia. Anyone who knows about hacks will guess which video I clicked on next.
Like roleplaying? This young site will give you a lot of control over where the stories and battles go, as the sooner you join, the more power you will have, and the higher ranking moderator you will be (if that's what you like .
http://pokeblaze.wikifoundry.com/
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Notepads
Beginning Trainer

I first seen on youtube some different names for pokemon games and i looked into it and found out it was really popular and i started to make my own hacks n_n
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
I discovered ROM Hacking on YouTube watching a video of the italian hack Marron Merda, which stays for Brown ****...

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:36 AM
Golden Kirby
New hacker

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Kirby
I found out about rom-hacks via a friend who said he found out about it from you tube.

And yes this account is created for rom hacking
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
kiwi247
Beginning Trainer

I was on youtube and saw datai's video of how to get shiny gold and wanted to make my own

Old September 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

I migrated over to this forum after being a part of a different pokemon forum. It closed down so we all moved over here, and somehow I got into hacking. The rest was history, or something like that.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
SayWhat
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
I was playing Ash Grey and i thought that "i wanna do something like this".
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sark

Found out a video of a Ruby hack a loooooooong time ago, although it was crappy. Remembered two weeks ago about this, searched, found about Rom-Hacks and got into rom hacking :D
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
For me it was shiny gold on youtube. It looked like a legitimate game, and it was the first rom hack id ever seen. Then a few days later, my step brother came home from the flea market with pokemon chaos black and pokemon quartz. So i did some research and found out how to do it myself.

Then 5 or more years later, I'm maybe halfway done with my first hack @_@

Sponsored Links