The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old August 18th, 2011 (01:04 AM). Edited August 18th, 2011 by RubberKid.
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

Magmortar

Earthquake
Will-O-Wisp
ThunderBolt
Toxic

Abomasnow

Wood Hammer
ShadowBall
Sword Dance
SafeGuard

Ampharos

ThunderBolt
LightScreen
FirePunch
BrickBrake

Noctowl

Air Slash
Psycho Shift
Roost
Hypnosis

This is my dream team so far, if you have any ideas for moves or pokemons please feel free to comment
Old August 18th, 2011 (07:26 AM).
jab2033
Exit Light, Enter Night

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to jab2033
My changes and comments will be in BOLD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberKid View Post
Magmortar

Will-o-Wisp
Psychic
ThunderBolt
Flamethrower

This set gives the best coverage while making the most of Magmortar's high SpAtk stat. Try to get a SpAtk-boosting nature that doesn't lower Speed.

Abomasnow

Wood Hammer
Blizzard
Grasswhistle/Water Pulse
Ice Shard

Since Abomasnow summons a Hail Storm, it can abuse Blizzard, since Blizzard never misses in Hail. Though it is inaccurate, Grasswhistle can put opponents to sleep. If you don't like Grasswhistle's 55% accuracy, you can give it Water Pulse to hit its Fire and Rock weaknesses. Ice Shard is an Ice-type Quick Attack.

Ampharos

ThunderBolt
Light Screen/Thunder Wave
Signal Beam
Reflect/Power Gem

Ampharos is a Special Attacker, which means physical moves like Fire Punch won't be as effective. Singal Beam isn't bad, nor is Power Gem. Or you could give it Reflect along with Light Screen to halve all damage taken. Make sure to give Amphy the Light Clay if you go with the Screens. Alternatively, Thunder Wave can cripple a lot of Pokemon.

Noctowl

Air Slash
Psychic
Roost
Hypnosis

I'd give Noctowl Psychic for a secondary damaging move. It doesn't have too much of a wide movepool, so isn't the greatest attacker. I like roost here, as it can heal off Hail damage.
As far as other Pokemon, why not catch the Lapras from Union Cave? It's part Ice and also immune to damage from Abomasnow's Hail storm. That's my only other suggestion so far.

Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight
Exit light, enter night
Take my hand
We're off to Never-Never Land
Old August 18th, 2011 (12:53 PM). Edited August 18th, 2011 by RubberKid.
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

Thank you for the feedback By the way, Via the Hail Snow i will Try to use The 3 Pokemon that are resistent to it last. ( Noctowl-Roost - Lapras and amobasnow itself ) Anyone that sees this please Help me for a pokemom or reccomend me moves, Thanks
Old August 18th, 2011 (01:31 PM).
jab2033
Exit Light, Enter Night

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to jab2033
For Lapras, go with the following moveset:
-Blizzard
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Surf

Two STAB attacks in the form of Blizzard and Surf, along with Thunderbolt and Psychic to get wider type coverage. You'll hit a lot of types super-effectively with this set.

As far as a final pokemon, how about a physical attacker. If you have 2 DSs and a second HG/SS/D/P/Pt game, try Scizor with the Technician ability.

Try this moveset:
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn/X-Scissor
-Swords Dance/Roost
-Brick Break/Night Slash

STAB + Technician makes Bullet Punch a 90 Base Power Steel version of Quick Attack. You have a secondary STAB in the form of Technician-boosted U-Turn or X-Scissor. Swords Dance can raise Scizor's Atk stat making it's physical attacks even more effective. Or you can trade over a second Roost TM from another game to be able to heal off Hail damage. Brick Break or Night Slash in the final slot.

Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight
Exit light, enter night
Take my hand
We're off to Never-Never Land
Old August 18th, 2011 (02:36 PM).
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

Thank you again, I dont have another DP but my friend Rarely brings his DS ( With PT ) So i might ask for a Scizor Trade, Thanks again

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links