The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old August 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
I want to restart my Fire-Red, but I am having difficulties picking out a decent team to play through the game with. I only have two in my mind so far:

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venasaur (there are no good grass types in the game besides him, so yeah)

Lapras from Silph Co. (powerful water type)

Arcanine (can catch Growlithe to the right of Celadon AND buy the Fire Stone in Celadon for when Growlithe reaches level 41 and learns his last move!)

I just need three more to add to them, I was hoping for a Psychic type and maybe a Dark type or a Ghost? I wanted Haunter and Kadabra but they might be weak since I can't evolve them further, I might just go with them, either way can anyone help with three more suggestions?
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Freddy Fazbear
Are you ready for Freddy?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
If I had to suggest three other pokemon, mine would be Hitmonchan, Snorlax, and Jolteon/Kadabra.
Hitmonchan is a bit weak, but the fact that he can learn the three elemental punches (fire, thunder, and ice) is pretty awesome. Snorlax is just freakin tough, plus he extra good against fire and ice types cuz of his thick fat. Jolteon is easily my favorite electric type ever, and electric types are good. Thing is, you got a major weakness to fighting types there, so replacing Jolteon with a Kadabra may work well. Just make sure you have a pokemon with a dark type move and you're all set!
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:05 AM
HansLangone
Simple Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to HansLangone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Game Fan View Post
I want to restart my Fire-Red, but I am having difficulties picking out a decent team to play through the game with. I only have two in my mind so far:

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venasaur (there are no good grass types in the game besides him, so yeah)

Lapras from Silph Co. (powerful water type)

Arcanine (can catch Growlithe to the right of Celadon AND buy the Fire Stone in Celadon for when Growlithe reaches level 41 and learns his last move!)

I just need three more to add to them, I was hoping for a Psychic type and maybe a Dark type or a Ghost? I wanted Haunter and Kadabra but they might be weak since I can't evolve them further, I might just go with them, either way can anyone help with three more suggestions?
haha your three pokemon are in my real proper Pokemon teamm.. well the other three maybe Dragonite/Pidgeot might helps.. then Hypno/Espeon... then Sandslash/Snorlax.. idk.. back to your choice..

My Six Awesome Partners

Personal Note : I'm ready for 6 on 6 Pokemon Battle with fair Pokemon Team...

"Pokemon trainers should respectful to the existence of Pokemon Legends. Never try to exploit, utilize, or even catch it. Let them wander, live freely in nature, because there are still many people who want to see how wonderful they are."
- Hans, the Simple Trainer from Kanto

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Nature: Calm
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm planning on Dragonite but not till the end since Dratini is expensive in Celadon city's game corner and it's hard to catch em' in the Safari Zone. S now it's looking like this:

Bulbasaur (family)
Lapras
Arcanine
Jolteon/Kadabra
Snorlax
Pidgeot/Nidoking/queen (Since I have a moon stone and Nidoran at this point in the game)

I've just arrived at the area in Mt. Moon with the fossils and my current team is only:

Ivysaur level 18
Pidgeotto level 18

Thanks for the help btw
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
poke are poke
mischievous

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poke are poke
nice team thats always my team expect i have a butterfree at this point and probably a pikachu. keep all of them just not the nidoran family i dont like them

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here