< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources Resource Bob's Fire Red Patch-Revived!

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old July 14th, 2015 (5:05 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Bobsomeness.
Fides Et Gaudium

Nature: Jolly
Hi everyone! I'm Bob Bobberson and I'm here today to present to you a side project I've been thinking about/working on. Hopefully when I'm done with this ROM base it'll help hackers worldwide.
I realize Epsilon has a much higher quality version of this, but I've decided to keep developing this just in case someone wants to use it.

Features:
All 721 Pokemon (I know there are quite a few of these out there but I'm adding it in anyway)
Running shoes indoors
Pokémon can evolve without the national dex

BW2 Repel System
Fairy type plus new moves, abilities, and items
The roaming roar glitch is fixed
Day and Night system added
Everything is De-capitalized
JPAN's Hack Engine

Tools used:
G3HS
Mr. DS Patch
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

Current Projects:
The Boblocke Challenge

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 17th, 2015 (9:23 PM).
champion

i will help u in some things that i know i can even do the beta testing for ya i will be glad to help ya well u are the 3 person i have seen to come up with this huge
project i hope u will complete it because no one else completed it.
Old July 17th, 2015 (10:44 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Is such patch actually necessary?
Quote:
Running shoes indoors
Really? This is basically changing one single byte and takes like one minute.

Quote:

Professor Oak gives you the National Dex at the beginning of the game
And this is setting one flag at the beginning of the game which takes around 2 minutes.

Quote:
Fairy type plus new moves, abilities, and items
This sounds familiar...Oh right! MrDollSteak made a patch providing new moves, abilities and items.

Quote:
The roaming glitch is fixed
I presume you're thinking about IV glitch which is also a matter of few byte changes.

Quote:
Everything is De-capitalized
Again, DollSteak's Patch.

Quote:
Pokemarts are fixed to adjust to the new items
This is something new I guess but does it mean that the items available in Pokemarts has been changed? Even though some people may indeed like these changes, there's a high possibility others will not.

And, the last one which I omitted.
Quote:
All 721 Pokemon (I know there are quite a few of these out there but I'm adding it in anyway)
I'm not sure if I'd say quite a few of these . There's a Fire Red 870 which is unfinished and full of bugs. There's also Unnamed Fire Red 721 Project which has all Pokemon up to 4 gen, new evolution methods and some other features. I think Jambo made a patch like this in the past but I'm not certain at this one.
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.
Old July 18th, 2015 (2:39 PM).
Blue Turtl3

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyEgg View Post
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.
I think its not necessary, but its always nice to have everything in one place that works well together; with this patch having all these things, there are less likely to be bugs/overwritting offsets since all the changes are made by the same person.

Any possibility that this would end up being compatible with JPAN's engine, or is this just an "add-on" to the base game??
Old August 1st, 2015 (8:57 AM).
Fides Et Gaudium

Quote:

And this is setting one flag at the beginning of the game which takes around 2 minutes.

This sounds familiar...Oh right! MrDollSteak made a patch providing new moves, abilities and items.

I presume you're thinking about IV glitch which is also a matter of few byte changes.

This is something new I guess but does it mean that the items available in Pokemarts has been changed? Even though some people may indeed like these changes, there's a high possibility others will not.

I'm not sure if I'd say quite a few of these . There's a Fire Red 870 which is unfinished and full of bugs. There's also Unnamed Fire Red 721 Project which has all Pokemon up to 4 gen, new evolution methods and some other features. I think Jambo made a patch like this in the past but I'm not certain at this one.
I'm sorry you feel that way
If there's another feature you would like, please PM me and I'll try to add it.
BTW, you forgot to mention one feature (space for new items and 50 new TMs). This might be a little hard but I think I know how to do it.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

Current Projects:
The Boblocke Challenge
Old August 1st, 2015 (12:41 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBobberson View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way
If there's another feature you would like, please PM me and I'll try to add it.
BTW, you forgot to mention one feature (space for new items and 50 new TMs). This might be a little hard but I think I know how to do it.
This really isn't something that you can "think" you know how to do. You can't have figured it out without understanding the routines involved in loading the TM case which is currently maxed at 58 items, as well as finding a specific area for the 200 new bytes and making the "bag know" where that is. I am unaware of a publicly released, glitch free, method for new TMs. If you've figured it out, great, you should teach everyone how to do it. But it can't be implemented on a whim.
Old August 3rd, 2015 (10:03 PM).
Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Quote:

Why do you have to rain on people's parades? This seems like a nice base and if he wants to make it, he should.
FC: 3582 - 9598 - 9978. Add me!
Old August 5th, 2015 (7:21 PM).
pokemon revenge developer

Best of luck man and do hope you can fix those issues that the other 721 patch had.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old August 13th, 2015 (6:03 AM).

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Jirachi-Fan
Can't wait for this to finish.
Since I do not know how to ASM, I would love a pre-patched Fire Red Rom with all 650 (or 721 is even better) Pokemon, possible moves, possible abilities. I don't care about the stats and evolution method, I could do that myself. But getting those things in is beyond my knowledge for now.
I have a gap year coming and I would love to start a Fire Red hack. XSE is not much of a problem, but ASM.. ugh.. And I am not really the best Mapper myself, but I can always make something I guess. (Just wish I could have snowy tiles and such too xD)

Oh way too Off Topic there. I wish you the best of luck with this, hope to see it published soon!
Old August 13th, 2015 (8:32 AM).
╭━━╮╱╱╭━ ╱╱╱╱╭╮╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╭╮

Nature: Calm
Bob will become a big man after releasing this... It will definitely increase the possibilities of Fire Red for future ROM-hacks. However, I think people should start stopping developing resources or tools for Gen 3 ROM editing, since I think we all should invest time researching generation 4 and after. DS ROM editing is still lacking far behind, and so far only Spanish people have spent time on that or few people like Team Fail or Spiky...

Old August 14th, 2015 (12:10 AM).
Confused on what to put here.

I agree. This opens a door to a lot more successful GBA hacks. However I also agree, DS hacks need more useful tools and I guess why not many people do them compared to FRLG or Emerald hacks.
Red hack - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341988
Blue hack - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318622
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLaJules

Old August 14th, 2015 (12:16 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
Bob will become a big man after releasing this... It will definitely increase the possibilities of Fire Red for future ROM-hacks. However, I think people should start stopping developing resources or tools for Gen 3 ROM editing, since I think we all should invest time researching generation 4 and after. DS ROM editing is still lacking far behind, and so far only Spanish people have spent time on that or few people like Team Fail or Spiky...
What's wrong with the older games? Have you considered maybe some people prefer them? Even if there were more tools for gen 4 games they wouldn't be easy to hack, just due to the nature of them (making models is hard, tiles not so much).
Old August 14th, 2015 (7:47 AM).
Rikura Intensifies

Nature: Brave
To be honest, many of the features of your patch can be done with the MrDollSteak patch and a bit of hex hacking, maybe if you put more functions your patch would be more interesting to more people, btw, good luck with your project!!!

---------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
, I think people should start stopping developing resources or tools for Gen 3 ROM editing, since I think we all should invest time researching generation 4 and after. DS ROM editing is still lacking far behind, and so far only Spanish people have spent time on that or few people like Team Fail or Spiky...
What is the problem with develop GBA tools? many people still developing tools from older games (Like Pokemon Red/Blue), If the people aren't interested in DS hacking, you can't force them to leave the GBA hacking and go to develop in DS.
[center]
Old August 14th, 2015 (8:32 AM).
╭━━╮╱╱╭━ ╱╱╱╱╭╮╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╭╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ruk! Romhacker View Post
To be honest, many of the features of your patch can be done with the MrDollSteak patch and a bit of hex hacking, maybe if you put more functions your patch would be more interesting to more people, btw, good luck with your project!!!

---------------

What is the problem with develop GBA tools? many people still developing tools from older games (Like Pokemon Red/Blue), If the people aren't interested in DS hacking, you can't force them to leave the GBA hacking and go to develop in DS.
Yes, you can't force people to improve and develop for newer things. We have to make sure they keep developing for archaic things for which already a dozen of tools exist. Yes sir, definitely!

Old August 14th, 2015 (8:36 AM).
Fides Et Gaudium

Hi guys thanks for all you comments! Unfortunately I'm currently putting this project on hiatus so that I can have time to work on my hack. I'll return to this sometime in September. See you then!

Jesus is Lord!

Current Projects:
The Boblocke Challenge
Old August 14th, 2015 (7:46 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Not to be taken the wrong way, but I think this patch could be more detrimental to hackers, as opposed to beneficial. The idea of why is good, but there are a couple things for me to point out.

This will be an easy way out for inexperienced, lazy hackers. Not to be mean, but it's true.

While that running shoes change is only one byte change, it was a big step for me in hacking. I learned how inserting ASM worked and such by editing that one byte. Newer hackers will use this, for either lack of skill, or laziness.

As mentioned before, Mr.Dollstreak's patch does half of that work. Which brings me the point that he should be credited in your post.

This would be better as a personal patch perhaps. I have more things, but they happen to be rather nitpicky or already said. I just think that this won't help make hacks/hackers better.
Old August 14th, 2015 (9:40 PM).
Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Fingers View Post
Not to be taken the wrong way, but I think this patch could be more detrimental to hackers, as opposed to beneficial. The idea of why is good, but there are a couple things for me to point out.

This will be an easy way out for inexperienced, lazy hackers. Not to be mean, but it's true.

While that running shoes change is only one byte change, it was a big step for me in hacking. I learned how inserting ASM worked and such by editing that one byte. Newer hackers will use this, for either lack of skill, or laziness.

As mentioned before, Mr.Dollstreak's patch does half of that work. Which brings me the point that he should be credited in your post.

This would be better as a personal patch perhaps. I have more things, but they happen to be rather nitpicky or already said. I just think that this won't help make hacks/hackers better.
He should be credited assuming his stuff was actually used. Also while yes it will open up new things for lazier hackers, it doesn't mean it wouldn't help advanced hackers as well. Using bases saves a lot of time, and having a good one is important. This would be a good one.
FC: 3582 - 9598 - 9978. Add me!
Old August 15th, 2015 (3:37 PM).
Confused on what to put here.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.
I still prefer old hacks to new ones, I as myself am a lazy ROM hacker and don't try to change a lot of things even though I want to do them. I still haven't found a ROM Base that works for me, there are probably tons out there for me to try anyway. Hopefully you finish this soon
Red hack - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341988
Blue hack - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318622
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLaJules

Old September 4th, 2015 (9:46 PM).
New World Pirate

Nature: Hasty
This is a great base man! Will there be new evolution types (like Gender evolution, Level-up with hold item, etc.), Fairy type, PSS split here?

How's this base going?
"While it's good to be optimistic, it's better to be realistic..."
Old October 27th, 2015 (10:09 PM).
Uruguayan Random Guy

Since Jonkane's ROM Base is useless because of that killer PC Bug, this could be a really interesting replacement and those cool extras just make it even better.
How's it going? It's still alive? <3
I've tried to support so many hacks, that i've broken up the rules, i'm such an awesome fan D:
Old October 29th, 2015 (12:11 PM).
Fides Et Gaudium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
Since Jonkane's ROM Base is useless because of that killer PC Bug, this could be a really interesting replacement and those cool extras just make it even better.
How's it going? It's still alive? <3
It's still alive. It's just on hiatus because I'm working on my hack.

Jesus is Lord!

Current Projects:
The Boblocke Challenge
Old November 21st, 2015 (6:51 PM).
The World Will Never Know!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyMew
The Dark Lugia revives the thread.

Where's the link to the patch, sir?
<--- Please level this Pokémon up!

Why did they force me to reduce my signature!?
Old November 21st, 2015 (7:13 PM).
That one Hacker

I'm glad its not dead can't wait to see the release I really wanna see a fire red with the expanded pokedex and with mrds patch all together keep up the good work
Old November 22nd, 2015 (4:49 AM).
only (or at least bigest) iranian pokemon fan

i cant wait

many pepole like pokemons but i love em all
also check out my hack: pokemon chip easy

also if you want to help me in the project mega version just tell me
Old November 22nd, 2015 (6:29 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I wish people spent less time competing to produce the all-singingest, all-dancingest patch and more time making smaller patches that take care of tedious work most of us are going to want done so nobody has to do it by hand again.

Example: Both this patch and MrDollSteak's decapitalise the game. That's seriously something that should have been done once years ago and made into a patch, but instead both of you have bundled it together with other stuff without giving anyone the option of deciding whether they want it or not.

---

Giving out the National Pokédex at the beginning of the game is the wrong way to disable Fire Red's stupid region-lock on evolution, since it prevents the Sevii Islands stuff from working correctly and makes the Elite Four use their rematch teams.
The rival in Red and Blue is called Green. Gary is some character from a lame cartoon.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links