The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old October 8th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Thanks for your comments. I redid Miking and hopefully it loks better.

It is quite different. XD It fits more into the 64 x 64 limit now, though.

Also, I changed Yetice's palette and redid some of the fur. :D
It definitely is brighter. XD

Pokémon Aureolin

Old October 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Thanks for your comments. I redid Miking and hopefully it loks better.

It is quite different. XD It fits more into the 64 x 64 limit now, though.

Also, I changed Yetice's palette and redid some of the fur. :D
It definitely is brighter. XD
Yetice looks cooler by miles now! Even though the head still looks like it needs fixing to me.

Miking, though... you should take your time and work on it, there's no need to hurry. The new sprite still has a very awkward head and now the arms are a lot smaller.

Here, I made a head to get you into the groove:

See the difference? Bull's eye head. And the horns have the correct size and direction now-facing the player along with head. It's not something detailed, though, just a casual example.

Good luck.
Old October 9th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

You're right, I did rush it a bit. :\ ABout the size though, I thought the original was a bit too big (it barely fit into the 64 x 64 limit that I use, as I try to go for R/S/E/Fr/Lg types of sprites.) But I do think I need to find a balance between too big and too small. Also, that's a pretty cool head, so thanks! :D

As for the face, I tried to give it a mask-like feel, plus the reference I used had a smilar kinda of face. I'll see if I can make it look more Pokemon-like though.

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; October 9th, 2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

I have to admit, I didn't use the head since I wanted something smaller, although the head I made is heavily influenced on the one you made. Anyway, hopefully iy's a bit better. I also went and made the platelegs look a bit more realistic~

Now to hopefully move onto something else. XD

Additionally, here's something I uploaded to DeviantART a couple of days ago. Just some MLP stuff~

Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over
Pinkie Pie's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; October 10th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
I have to admit, I didn't use the head since I wanted something smaller, although the head I made is heavily influenced on the one you made. Anyway, hopefully iy's a bit better. I also went and made the platelegs look a bit more realistic~

Now to hopefully move onto something else. XD
I didn't make that head to replace your sprite's, I made it to show you the difference. Anyway... the head looks good now, indeed. But we still have a lot of issues. Leg proportions (the one that bends mostly) the royal cape, the arms and the... what the hell?
Does he have a blue d... oh my GOD.

So I took the liberty of editing the sprite in a few areas. The result:

It's your sprite, you do whatever you want with it. It's a final evo, don't be afraid to go close to the size limit. Besides, it's supposed to be a beastly-royal-warrior-thing, right?

Quote:
Additionally, here's something I uploaded to DeviantART a couple of days ago. Just some MLP stuff~

Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over
Pinkie Pie's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over
These are really good. Being pixel-overs, I don't have anything to say, only that you should have used a darker color for the balloon ropes.

Until the next time, cheers!
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

I preferred your head, to be honest. As for your edits, they are amazing imo. They give it so much character. You don't mind if I use it? I'll credit you as an editer. It just looks too amazing to pas up. It's such an improvement. :D Thanks so much, by the way. :D

As for the balloon strings, they are pretty light in the original...
Spoiler:

Not that that's an excuse, however. I'll try and make them stand out a bit more, since I agree that the moment, they are barely noticeable.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 1st, 2011, 01:35 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Hi guys! Sorry for not keeping you updated.

Anyway, I've tweaked the Grass/Dragon to make it look more dragon-like.

Some Halloween pixel art.

And a pumpkin-based Fakemon.

I hope you guys like it!

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
kamionero
Beginning Trainer

I know this might sound just stupid and not truly helpful.. but I gotta say it. A disco duck might be the best fakemon idea I have EVER seen. I gotta say im a little sad to see disklett go in the newer dex... maybe if u feel both evolutionary steps are too similar one could rock a feathered back Farrah Fawcet style instead of a fro... just trhowing it out there...

Also love the tiki idol. Also, the newer sprites are a lot more crisp and some poses like Mountle are really a huge upgrade. Very nicely done.

the one i have a bit of beef with is Titaneon, the mouth looks a bit awkward and the shading on the bottom of the first curve kinda makes him look like hes hollowed out or like a tape-style body on the top segment. I,m not sure im explaining what i mean correctly :/

Anyway, they are all really great and u really have some really creative ideas! I cant wait to see more.

I picked Bulbasaur as a starter in Blue. I am the 1%
Old November 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamionero View Post
I know this might sound just stupid and not truly helpful.. but I gotta say it. A disco duck might be the best fakemon idea I have EVER seen. I gotta say im a little sad to see disklett go in the newer dex... maybe if u feel both evolutionary steps are too similar one could rock a feathered back Farrah Fawcet style instead of a fro... just trhowing it out there...

Also love the tiki idol. Also, the newer sprites are a lot more crisp and some poses like Mountle are really a huge upgrade. Very nicely done.

the one i have a bit of beef with is Titaneon, the mouth looks a bit awkward and the shading on the bottom of the first curve kinda makes him look like hes hollowed out or like a tape-style body on the top segment. I,m not sure im explaining what i mean correctly :/

Anyway, they are all really great and u really have some really creative ideas! I cant wait to see more.
Hi! Thanks for posting. As for your first point, I agree, sadly. Disklett was rather rushed, and I will get round to revising it at some point.

Thanks. The tiki idol wa pretty hit and miss (some people liked it, some people didn't) and I'm just glad you like it.

As for Titaneon, I'll have a look at the things you've pointed out. It's pretty late here, though. So I probably won't get round to fixing it until tomorrow.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
nosepass
Awesome Person

Nature: Jolly
those are incredible! there is no way you could of made those!!!!! i love dem allllll<33333

add me as a friend
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
zigzagame
Beginning Trainer

your coloring is excellent. how long does it take you to draw one monster?
Old November 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Quote:
This one looks so cool, I love the coloring and shading of this one.

Quote:
This one is my favorite one of them all, good job on this one

Quote:
Please make Turkeys, i would love to see how it would look, these are amazing

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

I think it's okay for me to update my own post. Anyway, I'd just like to comfirm that I'm not dead- I just haven't been very active at PC for a while, and continuing this thread should hopefully change that. I have been spriting despite not being very active though, and I've updated the first page with loads of new stuff, so if you want to check it out... *hint hint* Anyway, I'll try harder to keep this thread alive this time around. :D

Pokémon Aureolin

Old February 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM
gear2
Beginning Trainer

Awsome stuff! I like them very much.
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear2 View Post
Awsome stuff! I like them very much.
Thanks a lot. :D

Anyway, a couple of things to update, I guess.
Here's Amorial's backsprite.

And here's some overworld sprites for Lizleaf.

Give credit if used, and enjoy and comment. :D

I've updated the first post accordingly, as well as adding some older stuff that I believe is still relevant.

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; February 27th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links