The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page Pokémon  [1 SPOT OPEN] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: To the Ends of the Earth [T] [OOC]
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Daily Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read


Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old 1 Week Ago (10:35 AM). Edited 6 Days Ago by Luster Purge.
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

1 spot available
OOC
| IC


beyond this gateway, many new adventures and fresh experiences await your arrival!

It has been quite a few years since the events of Temporal Tower, and the world has been peaceful for the most part. But life at Wigglytuff's Guild has gone downhill quite a bit; Wigglytuff went on an expedition and never came back, and the guild is in a state of shock and panic. The Guildmaster's disappearance has been a very popular topic for months now among the residents of Treasure Town, but nobody knows anything about why or where it happened.

As one would expect, Chatot has taken charge at the guild. Morale, however, is still very low, and the few remaining members that have not graduated are quite unaffected by Chatot's words. It is a very depressing atmosphere. Few Pokemon want to become apprentices because of the state of the guild.

Many wondered if the end of the legendary Wigglytuff's guild was near.

There was one hope; a small hope, but a hope. New recruits could come in and maybe their positive attitute would spread to the rest of the guild. But who? Everyone knew what was going on, and nobody wanted to bring themselves into that. Maybe... maybe the stories haven't left Treasure Town?

This is where you come in. You are an aspiring explorer, and you have received in invitation to join Wigglytuff's Guild. Of course, you do not live near Treasure Town, so you are unaware that the guild is practically in ruins. As a child, you still have much of your life ahead, and you want to join an exploration team in your future. Or maybe you just want to learn how to fight. Either way, you accepted the invitation and are now on your way to Treasure Town.


Dear _____,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted as an apprentice at Wigglytuff's Guild. Please make your way to Treasure Town as soon as possible so we can begin your training.
Sincerely,
Chatot

But at the same time, strange things are afoot. Nobody knows a thing about the disappearance of Wigglytuff. The crime rate has reached levels even higher than before the collapse of Temporal Tower. New, unexplored lands are being found almost daily, which obviously creates mystery and a lot of potential danger. Maybe your guild will explore some of these lands. But the cause to all of this needs to be found and stopped, because it can not mean anything good.

MECHANICS


You will play a new member of Wigglytuff's Guild. There will be 8 spots, technically 7 because I will also be playing a character. More slots may be added if there is demand for them.

This RP will play out similarly to the games; there will be a plot throughout the whole roleplay, but there will be sandbox days when nothing plot-relevant is really happening. You can do whatever you like on these days, within reason. Sandbox days can be skipped if everyone really wants that, but for the sake of things such as character development it would be recommended to do them. On these days, there will be a Job Bulletin Board and Outlaw Notice Board; you can take missions from the boards and do them. The rewards will be stated on the mission paper, but you may receive more rewards based on post quality during that mission. You are allowed to work with other players during these.

Potential dungeons will be described when they become available for exploring. You are allowed to recruit NPCs in dungeons, but please get my consent first. Do not go overboard with this privilege. Experience and leveling up will be handled by me. The list of moves your team will learn by leveling up will follow the ORAS moveset of the Pokemon in question.


RULES


  • "Don't shirk work!" Please try to post at least once a week, potentially more if the plot needs it or we are consistently waiting on you in particular. Inactive players will be replaced. If you will be away for a week or more, please contact me and I will arrange things so that we won't have to wait on you.
  • "Helping all Pokémon in need is an explorer's duty, indeed!" Please be courteous to your fellow players, and respect each other when not in character.. Do not bunny, godmod, or powerplay. If you do not know what these terms mean, I advise you educate yourself on that.
  • "The money you earn is shared with the guild! That's the way our friendship will build!" Please respect my decisions. If you disagree, I will gladly listen to your argument, but let's make sure that this doesn't become a hostile environment.
  • "While exploring, don't you panic! Stay cool and calm, never manic!' This RP is rated T. While mild swearing is allowed, I do not encourage it. Please keep it to a minimum.
  • "Smiles go for miles!" Enjoy yourself!


SIGN-UP


Species: What kind of Pokemon is your character? They can be any first-form Pokemon excluding legendaries.
Nickname: (Optional) What do others refer to them as? Keep in mind that most Pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon universe are just referred to as their species. However, if you really want, your character can have a nickname.
Ability: For Pokemon that can have more than one ability, what is your character's ability?
Moves: Up to four moves for now, including one egg move if you want. Keep in mind that your character will start at level 15.
Personality: Self explanatory. What is your character like? At least 1 paragraph, and make sure to include both good and bad traits. We don't want any Mary-Sues running around.
Appearance: Do they have any markings or accessories that differentiate them from others of their species? It would be appreciated if your character is not shiny, but if you really want, maybe I can allow you to be shiny if your sign-up is good enough.
History: What was their childhood like? Keep in mind that they are basically teenagers when they get the letter from Chatot. 2+ paragraphs.


ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

Luster Purge as Sentret
PastelPhoenix as Solosis
Utopian as Litwick
LinearAxel as Tahni
NebulaMeowstic001 as Poochyena
Fen-kun as Dávalos
ImMrRoboto as Mawile
CatmanDaGamer as Alex
Solar Snivy as Vi
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old 1 Week Ago (11:37 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by PastelPhoenix.
PastelPhoenix's Avatar
PastelPhoenix PastelPhoenix is offline
*insert bird joke here*
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 119

It's time for Solosis!


Solosis // Male // Ready for duty!

Species: Solosis
Nickname: Solosis goes by the name Solosis, just like every other Solosis.
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Psywave, Reflect, Rollout, Night Shade (Egg)
Personality: Solosis is often told that he is a little bit odd. He refers to himself in the third person almost always, and is a little confused by other people being confused by it, after all it is something all Solosis do. Solosis is also a little (literal) ball of energy and optimism, never one to see the glass half empty or thing any situation is too dire. Many would call Solosis childish, always looking at the now and never taking things seriously, but he isn't childish, he's just happy and wants to share that joy with everyone else. Although Solosis can be serious when he wants to, there are a few legitimate parts to the claims that he is childish. He's often quick to get angry at something, but also quick to forgive and usually even forget that he was angry in the first place. His views of good versus evil also lack nuance, bad is bad to him, and bad cannot be good. He is not quick to condemn, however, since Solosis wants to believe everyone is good deep inside, and can be stopped from doing bad things. This can lead to situations where Solosis is quick to rush into danger, not really thinking about his own safety because it is the right thing to do for him.

A personal point of pride of Solosis is that among every Solosis he has met, he is the most squishy. Although he is proud of this, he does not like anyone who squishes him without his permission.

Appearance: Solosis' body is very similar to other Solosis, but his main body part is more yellow than others. His mouth is almost always in a cat like grin, and many other Solosis point out this is spiral is the wrong way around.

History: Solosis was born and grew up in a small village of others of his species. Most of the Solosis, Duosions, and Reucleus were happy to live their lives in the village, no one visited them, and they never really needed to visit anyone else. But even from a young age, Solosis was not quite like all the others, he had a strong interest in everyone else around him. Even from the get go he was a bit of a handful compared to the other children. Much of his youth was spent asking question; Why do all the other species refer to themselves as "I" if it's not their name? When would the other parts of him wake up? What are arms like? The most questions, however, were related to the Rescue Teams.

Solosis' true nature didn't prove itself until disaster struck the village, however. Several earthquakes struck the village, destroying most of the buildings. Solosis was always one of the first out in the morning helping clean up the mess and building temporary homes. From this Solosis became addicted to helping. After the Earthquakes he was always all over the village, helping wherever he could. Over the years, however, the disasters did not end, and eventually the village deided it would be best to move. It was around this time that Solosis was old enough to strike it out on his own, and he applied to the legendary Wigglytuff Guild.








----

I can pretty it up later. Also I was basing a lot of this off this idea that the Solosis family have multiple personalities that also happen to be the same personality (like a cell dividing into two identical copies). Solosis only have one personality in their body, Duosions have two, and Reunclus have a few (I don't know how many to end with). If this is too out there, just let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old 1 Week Ago (11:52 AM).
Fen-kun's Avatar
Fen-kun Fen-kun is online now
An RP Hermit
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 217
Must...sign...up. I'm gonna also do a placeholder here. I have to ask, there was another Pokemon PMD RP I signed up for, and I wanted to use his profile, see what how I can play him "this" time around. Might that be ok, or do I have to start from scratch? I'm ok with either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old 1 Week Ago (12:11 PM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennekin210 View Post
Must...sign...up. I'm gonna also do a placeholder here. I have to ask, there was another Pokemon PMD RP I signed up for, and I wanted to use his profile, see what how I can play him "this" time around. Might that be ok, or do I have to start from scratch? I'm ok with either.
I don't have an issue with reusing characters as long as the other RP isn't still running; it would be a bit odd to use the same character twice at the same time. I think I know which RP you mean, and since that isn't running anymore, go ahead. Just make sure to modify the character so that he/she fits into this universe and scenario.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old 1 Week Ago (3:17 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Utopian.
Utopian's Avatar
Utopian Utopian is offline
"Looks like the party is over"
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 47
Oh nice a Mystery dungeon RP, count me in!

Litwick Reporting!

Species: Litwick (Male)
Nickname: None
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: -Ember, -Confuse Ray, -Smog, -Acid Armor (egg)

Personality: Although his loves for pranks isn't shared by everyone in his hometown, Litwick is a huge prankster either in a good way or a bad one depending on the situation.
He has succesfully cheered some Pokémon up with his pranks, but also caused lots of problems. Litwick himself does not seem to be bothered too much by this making him quite the stubborn Pokémon.
The punishment is always worth it as long as he made someone smile. Overall he's a pretty jolly creature, although he tends to get overexcited sometimes.

Some villagers of his hometown say he's a special case, his flame seems to be fueled by his jollyness. Litwick's flame gets brighter the happier he is, but whenever he feels lonely the flame shrinks. This is why Litwick hates being alone for longer periods of time.
Luckily he's not seen alone that much, he likes accompanying others on their adventures and gets a thrill out of finding treasures.
Litwick likes to help out anyone in need, after all a lonesome Pokémon in danger reminds him of his biggest fear, loneliness.
As far as his likes go, he's a huge fan of parties, candy and discovering new dungeons.

Appearance: Other than his flame getting bigger and brighter the happier he gets, he is just like any ordinary Litwick.

History: Litwick was well known in his hometown, usually not in a good way. He had a clique that he was always seen with (Meditite, Shinx, Sneasel), and together they had lots of fun even if that meant knocking over the shopping stands or simply playing tag (or a combination of both).
Everyone just viewed them as little rascals and didn't think much else of it.
As the Pokémon got older the pranks seemed to cause more harm than good. The gang usually struck at night, lonesome Pokémon that were on their way home were their preferred target.
Litwick would act like a guiding light, but wherever the Pokémon followed him they would get scared by his teammates on various locations. Eventually Litwick would be gone and the Pokémon that followed him was now lost.

Another favorite prank was for the gang to cast a huge shadow from Litwick's light, looking like some kind of big scary monster. Usually little Pokémon fell for this and they developed a fear of going outside alone.
His parents did not care that much about his behavior, after all they were ghost types themselves and they liked pranks just as much as Litwick did.
This caused quite the uproar in the town, and a negative attitude towards Litwick's gang.
Litwick himself didn't think what he was doing was a bad thing, after all the pranks made his friends laugh! It couldn't be bad then right?

When the gang grew to be even older they switched from pranks to straight up bullying or even criminal behavior. Litwick started to doubt his choice of friends but his 'friends' would manipulate him at this point.
They knew that when they laughed out of joy due to Litwick's actions he would blindly do whatever they asked.
Stealing apples from the shopping stand would be incredibly funny, was one of Sneasel's suggestions. Litwick would simply obey because seeing Kecleon in distress about not having any apples would bring a smile to Sneasel's face.
Using Ember on some innocent grass type Pokémon was a sight to behold for Shinx, so Litwick couldn't let him down right?
Leading the village elder Torkoal towards the water would make Meditite laugh harder then ever before, it had to be done then!

After a while enough was enough, Litwick felt the pain and fear in his victims and noticed his friends turned into big bullies.
He didn't want to be near them any longer and thus Litwick began to distance himself from the gang.
The gang quickly forgot about him and continued with their criminal routine.
Litwick wanted to make new friends but by now everyone in the village despised him!
To make matters worse Litwick's parents suddenly vanished one day, he felt an incredible amount of loneliness consume him and he was thinking of leaving the town as well.
He would sleep one more night at his parental home and then make the decision.
The next day he received a invitation to join the prestigious Wigglytuff Guild!

Litwick was overwhelmed with joy and thought to himself that this was going to be his new lifegoal, he would join the guild and help out as much as he could.
Perhaps he wanted to make up for the past, or was he simply interested in meeting new friends?
That was a question that remained unanswered.
Litwick packed a few belongings for the trip towards Treasure town and looked back to his parents' house one last time.
__________________
"The stars align for victory!"
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old 1 Week Ago (4:24 PM).
LinearAxel's Avatar
LinearAxel LinearAxel is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 211
Send a message via Skype™ to LinearAxel




Species:
Litleo (Female)
Nickname: (Optional) Tahni. Tahni comes from a pride of Pyroar and Luxray. With so many Litleo cubs running about, it would be confusing to call them all by the name of Litleo.

Ability: Moxie
Moves: Headbutt, Ember, Noble Roar, Fire Spin (egg move)

Personality:
Personality: Tahni has some bad habits, namely; she’s pushy and stubborn when it comes to her peers. In the prides backing down was a sign of weakness, and never wanting to appear weak, it will be her way or an ember to the face. Handling problems with a scratch or a fireball are also terrible habits she picked up from growing up in the pride. She also seems to have some type of self-acceptance issues, as she wishes she was a Shinx, like her Luxray father, rather than her Pyroar mother (though she will never confess this to anyone). On the brighter side, she is incredibly respectful to those higher ranking, and can be a loyal ally to those she deems friends, or at least agrees with. She loves to spar and practice her moves with other guild members, and is excitedly waiting for her first mission where she will be allowed to track down a criminal on the run. There’s a lot of bravery inside this fiery little cat.

Appearance: Tahni wishes to resemble a Shinx more than a Litleo, so she combs the fur at the end of her tail into the shape of a star. The tuft of fur atop her head is yellow, rather than the average red.

History:
Like most Litleo, Tahni was raised in a pride. Though she thought herself to be a skilled protector and hunter, it was made clear to her at a young age that she would never be anything more than that; a hunter who was very low in the pride’s rank. Only male Pyroar/Luxray are allowed to lead prides, and as a female, her job was to sit quietly and do what she was told, no matter what. This was an incredibly boring and aggravating life for Tahni, who dreamed of hunting more than berries, and fighting more than Patrats that came after their food supply.

During the pride’s winter migration to a more plentiful territory, Tahni heard a great many Pokémon talking about these ‘mystery dungeons’ popping up, and ‘Exploration teams’ that went to explore them. Interested, she broke away from her pride to learn more. Turns out these explorers did more than just look at things; sometimes Pokémon got lost or hurt in these dungeons, and the explorers had to go rescue them. Sometimes criminal Pokémon took refuge in these dungeons, and the explorers went in to hunt them down! This sounded like the very thing Tahni had been looking for, and the traveling Pokémon reassured her that there were just as many female Pokémon in the exploration teams as there were males. It was not long after that Tahni made her decision: She left the pride and headed out to become an explorer.


__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old 1 Week Ago (4:53 PM).
ImMrRoboto's Avatar
ImMrRoboto ImMrRoboto is offline
May contain nuts
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 85
Are Mega Evolutions going to be present?
__________________
"It's not a matter of life or death, It's about what breaks first;Your will, or the barriers in your way." -VaatiVidya
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old 1 Week Ago (5:48 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by NebulaMeowstic001.
NebulaMeowstic001 NebulaMeowstic001 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Somewhere in the depths of outer space
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 41
Sounds cool, I would like to apply.
Species: Poochyena
Nickname: Poochyena
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Bite, Sand Attack, Howl, Fire Fang (Egg move)
Personality: Poochyena is very social. He is confident, and will start a conversation with pretty much anybody he can, and excels at reading emotions. He can't stand the feeling of being around someone without talking to them. He is also street-smart, knowing how to handle many situations that come his way. He is quick to think on his feet in real-life situations. However, he doesn't perform well when thinking about hypothetical situations that he doesn't know much about. Poochyena is extremely blunt, as he gets straight to the point in any conversation, and searches for a solid answer. He doesn't sugar-coat his statements, and will hold onto the current topic of discussion for a long time. This brushes many the wrong way, as they see him as rude. He loses his temper very quickly, and is intensely defensive of his side of the story. He refuses to back down or apologize, and will hold a grudge for a very long time. He is highly motivated, and will do anything it takes to accomplish a task if he sees a good reason to do so. He is the type of Pokemon that others want to have on their side, because he is great to have as an ally, but terrible to have as an enemy.
Appearance: Poochyena looks like all other Poochyena physically, but wears a red bandana around his neck.
History: Although his parents loved him deeply, they were almost always busy. They were rarely around, as they were almost constantly working and left his older brothers to care for him, and a little later on, his younger sister. This didn't work out too well, as they pretty much turned the house into a battlefield, forcing him to fight for everything they could think of, and pretending to be nice in the few scarce minutes that their parents were home. Once, one of his brothers attempted to start a fight with his sister, but Poochyena ended up defending her, and his brothers started leaving her alone, because they thought is wasn't worth it. Poochyena tried to stay out as much as he could, coming home only to sleep and occasionally eat.

At school, Poochyena didn't perform well academically. However, he always looked forward to it, because it was a nice break from the chaos in his home. His favorite part was socializing with other students, as he found it great to talk to someone without it initiating a fight. He talked to pretty much everyone soon after first meeting them, and made some friends. Also, once his school started taking field trips into the mystery dungeons, he excelled, and did what he could to try to get into a guild.

As Poochyena got older, he started roaming the streets and dungeons more often. It was another excuse he could use to avoid going home until later, and it was something he could do after most of his friends went their own separate ways. He ended up learning to navigate the town in various ways that were the most effective in certain situations, and his experience on the streets and in his home taught him how to handle risky situations. Later, he got himself into even more trouble than before. Once Poochyena was experienced in the streets, he started stealing things such as food. He was hesitant, especially at the start, and felt quite remorseful in doing so. He only stole because it was less trouble than fighting his brothers for the same thing, and still, he tried not to steal too much, and to return something to the owner if he could.

There was one time when Poochyena came home, late at night. He came in to see that his brothers (Only two of them, the oldest had moved out a while ago) had started a battle with his sister in attempt to get her food during dinner. He defended her, and wanted to make sure that she wasn't ganged up on again. This led Poochyena to steal and venture into dungeons more, in order to get food for her. This continued for some time, until he realized something: He could be getting food for his parents, so they could have enough money to stay home for longer and keep the peace. For a short while, he continued to find even more food, most of it in dungeons, but some stolen, making significant progress in bringing his family to a better state. The reason he stopped is because he received the following letter:

Dear Poochyena,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted as an apprentice at Wigglytuff's Guild. Please make your way to Treasure Town as soon as possible so we can begin your training.
Sincerely,
Chatot

Poochyena decided to take the opportunity to help out other families, and use the money he finds in the dungeons to help his own family.
__________________
Click here to go to my trading shop.
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old 1 Week Ago (8:56 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Fen-kun.
Fen-kun's Avatar
Fen-kun Fen-kun is online now
An RP Hermit
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 217




Species:
Fennekin

Nickname:
Dávalos

Gender:
Male

Ability:
Blaze

Moves:
Ember, Psybeam, Flame Charge, Scratch

Appearance:
Like any other Fennekin, except for a splotch of white fur on his stomach extending from an inch below its chin down for about 4 inches and white-tipped ears.

History:
Born to a Delphox and a Meowstic in a village in a forest known for housing nomadic performers for half of the year, Dávalos was part of a family who had performed in a caravan of magicians. Though psychic powers are far from an alien concept to those they perform for, the caravan (dubbed the Misteriosos) innovated the practice of psychic showmanship with new, innovative techniques that blew the minds of those looking for the avant-garde. Ever intrigued by his parents' magic and looking in awe much like the audience they catered to, the young Fennekin idolized his parents not only as mama and papa, but as awesome performers. His parents of course saw their young son's enthusiasm and used it to train him in the family arts. Training tirelessly to be great, Dávalos showed great potential for performance, both in demeanor and talent. When Dávalos became old enough to do so, he, as an adorable addition to draw in more crowds, became the third member of the Misteriosos. Enjoying the limelight that these performances brought and the support from incredibly driven and supportive parents, he thrived working on stage. In a quest to become ever better, Dávalos, with the permission of his parents, joined the guild to learn new techniques (read: moves) via “avant-garde” methods.

Personality:
Being the son of two performers who aims to please the crowds, Dávalos is certainly very eccentric and showman-like. Constantly delivering hammy monologues about how great he is and how he’s this or that, Davalos would like to think he is much bigger than his tiny 1’ 4”. However, this eccentricity and self-confident arrogance holds no hint of malice or condescension seeing as how his supposed “coolness” is really just kind of a dorky fantasy that he believes is fairly real that hides an otherwise kind and sensitive soul. That being said, however, he tends to be quite naïve and is almost trustworthy to a fault having been sheltered by his parents. Despite Dávalos’ cheeriness and eccentricity, he can sometimes rub people off the wrong way as a showoff and arrogant, leading him to be a bit lonely when it comes to friends. In regards to having traveled a lot, Davalos enjoys a good adventure and is well-adjusted to the prospect of travelling to a variety of locales, fancying it as "no place too humble for the great Dávalos".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old 1 Week Ago (11:04 PM).
CatmanDaGamer's Avatar
CatmanDaGamer CatmanDaGamer is online now
#TeamRowlet
Silver TierEO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Village Bridge, Unova
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,464
Yes! I'll get to work on an SU strait away.
__________________
Try Out My Challenge! If You Dare...
The Underground. Home of the Saltiest Snails in the PokeCommunity!
#TeamTrivia / Come Join the Fun!
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old 1 Week Ago (7:16 AM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Alright, so I've looked at everyone's SUs so far.
you guys do know that i'm not forcing you to write in flamenco right

Solosis by PastelPhoenix is accepted! Your character IS a bit out there, but I like it; it's different, but it still makes sense. I liked the uniqueness in there; Solosis really needs more love, and you managed to keep away from some pretty common tropes - the earthquake aftermath didn't go in the direction I thought it would. Good job.

Litwick by Utopian is accepted! I really liked the detail in your application. Every aspect of it seems believable. His backstory kind of reminds me of Wigglytuff's... But anyway, like I said, you made a beautiful post both visually (although this does not affect my decision) and with your words. Welcome!

There were just a few grammatical errors, so keep an eye out for those in the future.

Tahni the Litleo by LinearAxel is accepted! This is honestly one of the most well-made characters I've seen in a long time. Everything just fits together perfectly. Her personality makes perfect sense considering her backstory, and you managed to create a good, balanced character with that. I really don't know what else to say, because this character is just amazing. It makes sense in this universe, as we know that there are Luxray prides out there, and I found the whole "she won't be able to do much in the pride because she's female" very believable and definitely gives her a good reason to come to the guild. Welcome!

Poochyena by NebulaMeowstic001 is pending. I want you to know that I did not accept you for only one reason; the personality section is quite short and could be expanded on. At the very least, add a couple more sentences. I can only learn so much about what Poochyena is like from what you've written so far. The spot will be reserved for you for the next 48 hours, but you need to write a bit more for Personality before I accept you. The rest of your application was pretty good, just keep an eye out for some grammatical errors I found.

Dávalos by Fen-kun is pending. Again, I really liked your character, but the history section was a bit lacking. What did he do before he joined the Misteriosos? You really tell us nothing about that, so I have no idea what his earlier life was like. If you could expand on that just a bit (a couple sentences is fine, I guess), I'll gladly accept your character. For now, the spot is reserved for you for a couple days. I need a bit more history before I can accept you, but everything else was good.

That's everyone as of right now! I'm amazed how quickly you guys signed up with quality applications. I want everyone to know that I liked everyone's SUs, but for the two that are pending, just add a bit to the sections I mentioned, and you'll be good to go. I'll get up my character later today for reference (and because I need to do a SU too, I'm not above that, of course. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMrRoboto View Post
Are Mega Evolutions going to be present?
Yes, Mega Evolution will be present later in the RP. For the Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve, we have two options.
  1. We could create (fake) Mega Evolutions for them
  2. Or we could do it like Super Mystery Dungeon, where they just don't change in appearance.
We will vote on that at some point before the IC goes live.

Also, I think this is a good time to talk about evolution, because I just completely forgot about that when typing up the OP. Your characters can evolve if you wish, but it will not be at the normal levels. When the character is ready to evolve, it will evolve, but it will not be at, say, level 16 if that's when you normally evolve. Your character will also have to be mentally ready to evolve, which will not happen right away; evolution will become available later on. So we won't have a Braixen before the end of the first dungeon, but we will get one eventually.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old 1 Week Ago (7:48 AM).
Utopian's Avatar
Utopian Utopian is offline
"Looks like the party is over"
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 47
Woo thanks for accepting me!

Quote:
There were just a few grammatical errors, so keep an eye out for those in the future.
Mind if you PM me those? English isn't my first language, but I want to make sure I won't make the same mistakes in the future.
__________________
"The stars align for victory!"
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old 1 Week Ago (8:47 AM).
Fen-kun's Avatar
Fen-kun Fen-kun is online now
An RP Hermit
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster Purge View Post
Alright, so I've looked at everyone's SUs so far.
you guys do know that i'm not forcing you to write in flamenco right

Solosis by PastelPhoenix is accepted! Your character IS a bit out there, but I like it; it's different, but it still makes sense. I liked the uniqueness in there; Solosis really needs more love, and you managed to keep away from some pretty common tropes - the earthquake aftermath didn't go in the direction I thought it would. Good job.

Litwick by Utopian is accepted! I really liked the detail in your application. Every aspect of it seems believable. His backstory kind of reminds me of Wigglytuff's... But anyway, like I said, you made a beautiful post both visually (although this does not affect my decision) and with your words. Welcome!

There were just a few grammatical errors, so keep an eye out for those in the future.

Tahni the Litleo by LinearAxel is accepted! This is honestly one of the most well-made characters I've seen in a long time. Everything just fits together perfectly. Her personality makes perfect sense considering her backstory, and you managed to create a good, balanced character with that. I really don't know what else to say, because this character is just amazing. It makes sense in this universe, as we know that there are Luxray prides out there, and I found the whole "she won't be able to do much in the pride because she's female" very believable and definitely gives her a good reason to come to the guild. Welcome!

Poochyena by NebulaMeowstic001 is pending. I want you to know that I did not accept you for only one reason; the personality section is quite short and could be expanded on. At the very least, add a couple more sentences. I can only learn so much about what Poochyena is like from what you've written so far. The spot will be reserved for you for the next 48 hours, but you need to write a bit more for Personality before I accept you. The rest of your application was pretty good, just keep an eye out for some grammatical errors I found.

Dávalos by Fen-kun is pending. Again, I really liked your character, but the history section was a bit lacking. What did he do before he joined the Misteriosos? You really tell us nothing about that, so I have no idea what his earlier life was like. If you could expand on that just a bit (a couple sentences is fine, I guess), I'll gladly accept your character. For now, the spot is reserved for you for a couple days. I need a bit more history before I can accept you, but everything else was good.

That's everyone as of right now! I'm amazed how quickly you guys signed up with quality applications. I want everyone to know that I liked everyone's SUs, but for the two that are pending, just add a bit to the sections I mentioned, and you'll be good to go. I'll get up my character later today for reference (and because I need to do a SU too, I'm not above that, of course. )



Yes, Mega Evolution will be present later in the RP. For the Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve, we have two options.
  1. We could create (fake) Mega Evolutions for them
  2. Or we could do it like Super Mystery Dungeon, where they just don't change in appearance.
We will vote on that at some point before the IC goes live.

Also, I think this is a good time to talk about evolution, because I just completely forgot about that when typing up the OP. Your characters can evolve if you wish, but it will not be at the normal levels. When the character is ready to evolve, it will evolve, but it will not be at, say, level 16 if that's when you normally evolve. Your character will also have to be mentally ready to evolve, which will not happen right away; evolution will become available later on. So we won't have a Braixen before the end of the first dungeon, but we will get one eventually.
Ok, fixed the history, I think it will be enough to expand on it like ya wanted and to have me accepted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old 1 Week Ago (9:32 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CatmanDaGamer.
CatmanDaGamer's Avatar
CatmanDaGamer CatmanDaGamer is online now
#TeamRowlet
Silver TierEO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Village Bridge, Unova
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,464
Species: Due to my newfound liking to Eevee, I'll go with that.

Nickname: Alex

Ability: Adaptability

Moveset: Helping Hand, Curse (Egg Move), Swift, Sand Attack

Personality: Alex isn't the greatest of conversationalists, never even wanting to really participate in one. When he does though, he stutters quite a bit making him a little hard to understand. Knowing this resulted in him not talking much at all, rather, he's either lost inside of his own thoughts, or he has his nose in a book. Alex loves to go on little "adventures", his main persuasion for joining the Wigglytuff Guild in the first place, exploring (or just simply observing) every nook and cranny of a room or area he's in. Because of this, he snoops around frequently, occasionally into someone's personal belongings. He can be kind of sensitive, often offended or saddened easily by the simplest or smallest jokes. Even with all of that said, Alex is a generally happy and good-natured 'mon, well, at least once you get to know him.

Appearance: Alex is a normal Eevee, except for the fact that he has complete heterochromia, meaning that one of his irises is a deep red. He usually wears a cloak and a satchel draped across his back.

History: As a kid, Alex loved to read. He would read anything he could get his paws on, going on his own adventures with the characters. Alex loved the stories and the magic that came with them.
Alex was born to an Espeon and a Flareon. It was tradition in his family to give their children nicknames, so they named him Alex, short for Alexandrite, because of his dichromatic pupils.

Alex always got high grades in school, and was dubbed the "class nerd" by his peers. He hated that. They would all knowingly mock him with the title, further pushing away from others and more toward his work and books, ironically, giving him better grades and more mockery.

Not long afterwards, Alex learned about Wigglytuff's Guild. Naturally he was excited, wanting to be a hero, just like the protagonists in his books! So he sent in an application.

Two weeks later, a letter arrived by Pelipper Mail.
Dear Alex,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted as an apprentice at Wigglytuff's Guild. Please make your way to Treasure Town as soon as possible so we can begin your training.
Sincerely,
Chatot
__________________
Try Out My Challenge! If You Dare...
The Underground. Home of the Saltiest Snails in the PokeCommunity!
#TeamTrivia / Come Join the Fun!
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old 1 Week Ago (1:50 PM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
NebulaMeowstic001 and Fen-kun, you are both accepted! The additions you made are just what I wanted, so welcome to both of you!

CatmanDaGamer, you are pending. The history is fine, although the names seem a bit strange and unbelievable. The parents would have to be amazingly creative to come up with those names with that reasoning... but, whatever. The issue that's keeping me from accepting you is the personality section.You literally have two sentences, all about completely positive traits your character has. Nobody is perfect, right? I need that to be expanded on greatly, and then you should be fine.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old 1 Week Ago (2:45 PM).
ImMrRoboto's Avatar
ImMrRoboto ImMrRoboto is offline
May contain nuts
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 85


Species
Mawile

Gender
Male

Ability
Intimidate

Moves
Bite, Fake Tears, Iron Head, Seismic Toss(Egg)

Personality
Cynical: Mawile is always distrusting of others, always suspicious of the actions of others, never believing another Pokémon on their word alone. I plan for this to be at least partially remedied by the end of the RP.

Adventurous: The thought of exploring strange, new lands, has always excited Mawile. The idea of discovering strange new things and Pokémon put a twinkle in his eye. This was one of the reasons he enthusiastically accepted Chatot's invitation.

Heroic: Mawile hates bullies, likely due to his past. He despises them in any form, and isn't afraid to pick a fight with one, as many times as he's lost.

Appearance
Mawile doesn't have that many features setting him apart from others, other than a brown satchel he wears.

History
Spoiler:
Mawile was gullible in his childhood. He would believe almost anything anyone told him. This lead to a number of incidents, but none more severe than Kingstone Cove. It was when Mawile was still quite young, and very, very naive

As he walked down a path, he passed a dark cave. Everyone in the neighbor hood knew it well. It was called Kingstone Cove. Mawile and his friends had gone in there, but just a couple steps. They had never actually gone all the way in. But then, a Zoroark came to him and asked for his help. The Zoroark claimed to be a famed explorer who was in need of assistance rescuing an injured Pokémon from the deepest part of Kingstone Cove. Mawile, of course, jumped at the offer and ran straight into the cave, excited to be aiding a real explorer.

But then they reached the deepest part of the cave. A few pools of water were scattered across the floor. Mawile could see a couple of Zubats on the ceiling, but no injured Pokémon. He was about to bring this up until he heard chuckling behind him. He turned to see Zoroark standing in the doorway. Before Mawile could say anything, Zoroark lunged at him and struck him with his claws. Mawile fell to the floor and the money he had been carrying fell out of his satchel and out onto the ground. Zoroark quickly picked up the coinpurse and laughed.

"Unbelievable. Simply marvelous, I tell you. I must admit, I had no idea anyone could be this gullible. I just find it amazing that I, a complete stranger, tell you that I'm an explorer, and the next thing you know, you'll do anything for me. To be honest, I almost feel bad for taking this. Almost." Zoroark laughed holding up the small bag of coins. "So I'll leave you with a word of advice: Don't trust anybody but yourself, kid. But for now, I have places to be, so I'll just leave you here for now, bye!" He finished leaving the room.

When Mawile recovered, he found his way out of the cave and back home. Zoroark was never found, but one thing's for sure: Mawile took his advice to heart. He didn't trust anyone. He never forgot that day. He always got into fights with local bullies. It was after one such fight that Mawile recieved a letter from Chatot from the Explorer's Guild.

I had to paraphrase a lot of stuff due to time constraints, sorry.
__________________
"It's not a matter of life or death, It's about what breaks first;Your will, or the barriers in your way." -VaatiVidya
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old 1 Week Ago (5:03 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Luster Purge.
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Mawile by ImMrRoboto is accepted! Despite you shortening it, it was long enough for my liking and I enjoyed reading that. My one issue is that the bully thing feels a bit cliche. That aside, you had a great application; welcome!

That leaves one more spot, which is reserved for CatmanDaGamer for about 20 more hours. After that, it's up for grabs if I still do not see anything from him. I guess I should get up my character now?

Sentret
Male - Keen Eye
Quick Attack - Defense Curl - Fury Swipes - Iron Tail


Appearance: The only thing that makes Sentret's appearance unique to that of a regular Sentret is that his tail has one more set of stripes.

Personality: Sentret is, as the adults of his village called him, a handful. And this is with good reasoning. He's probably one of the most social and talkative Pokemon you'll meet; but this gets to a point where he becomes a bit clingy and annoying. You can't get near him without starting a conversation about, well, pretty much anything. For this reason, you wouldn't want to give him a job if he's working on it alone; he'll get bored easily and likely give up.

Because of Sentret's happy, social attitude, he's easy to manipulate because he never suspects anything. He also often fails to understand how serious some matters are. He's quick to accept anyone as a friend no matter their intentions, and it's hard to get rid of him. So even though he thinks he's friends with everyone, he doesn't know many Pokemon who sincerely like being with him. But Sentret is very oblivious to this.

History: Sentret was born in a small village in the woods. He grew up with his parents, two Furrets, but because of his personality he was always out and about, chatting and playing with all the other children.

One day, the village was attacked by a pack of Mightyena. Although they were able to fend off the dog Pokemon, the townsfolk were scared of another possible attack. At that point, they hired Sentret to be a sentry because of his inherited skills at the position. If he saw the Mightyena coming again, the village would hear Sentret's warning and know to prepare for battle. At least, that was the plan.

Sentret's first week didn't go very well. Early in the morning, he climbed up to the top of the highest hill... and sat there, waiting. As was normal with Sentret, he got bored very quickly and eventually fell asleep. The next day, he abandoned his post entirely, because he didn't want to go, and he struggled to grasp how important his job was. He continued to not visit the hill, but nobody noticed because the hill was out of everyone's way, on the outskirts of town that nobody had any reason to visit. This didn't cause much of a problem for a few days, but on the fifth day, disaster struck.

The Mightyena returned in larger numbers. The townsfolk fought bravely, but they were unable to fight because of the larger amount of enemies added on to the fatigue from last time. They devoured the food supply, and many felt that they had no option but to flee. Sentret's family was one of these, and so he blindly followed his parents, unaware as to what was going on or why.

When they found a place to settle down, Sentret's parents began working on enlisting their son in Wigglytuff's Guild to make him a better worker and a better fighter, because they did not want anything like this to happen again. Weeks passed, and finally, the letter came. Sentret had been accepted, and so the family began towards Treasure Town.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old 1 Week Ago (9:09 AM).
CatmanDaGamer's Avatar
CatmanDaGamer CatmanDaGamer is online now
#TeamRowlet
Silver TierEO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Village Bridge, Unova
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster Purge
~snippety snip-snip~
Done. I'm not that great with personalities, but this one should be better than the first.
About the nicknames, I really liked the name Genesis, but I didn't have a good reason for the parents naming her that, or Alex to have a sister in general. So I got rid of her; and she's erased from existence.
__________________
Try Out My Challenge! If You Dare...
The Underground. Home of the Saltiest Snails in the PokeCommunity!
#TeamTrivia / Come Join the Fun!
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old 1 Week Ago (5:23 AM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Alex by CatmanDaGamer is now accepted! The personality section is a bit better now, enough that I can accept you. The second time reading through your application, I noticed that Alex wears a cloak? That's a bit unorthodox for the mystery dungeon universe, but if that was what you were going for, it's okay. Also, just be aware that I didn't really have an issue with Genesis.

So on that note, we have all 8 players! The IC will be coming up within the next day or two. However, due to how quickly this filled up, there are going to be 2 extra slots if anyone wants them. If not, we'll go ahead and start.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old 1 Week Ago (9:37 PM).
Solar Snivy's Avatar
Solar Snivy Solar Snivy is online now
#TeamRowlet
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Posts: 223
Species: Snivy
Nickname: Her friends refer to her as Vi, but otherwise she is called Snivy.
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Wrap, Iron Tail
Personality: She is headstrong and rash, rushing into situations without thinking them over. Although this makes her quick to act, it has also caused her to get injured. She's a strong fighter for her age, but this has caused her to often overestimate herself. Although she is very talkative if a conversation is initiated, she usually keeps to herself.
Appearance: She usually wear a light blue scarf around her neck.
History: She grew up in a town not far from Treasure Town, and has three siblings, two of them younger than her. She was very close to her youngest sister, who was both her best friend and confidante. Her father, an influential flaafy, ran a local shop, but Snivy became interested in exploring. She always looked up to her oldest sibling, who went on to become an explorer. This inspired her to do the same from a young age.

Determined to become an explorer, she began to learn how to become a good fighter. She tutored under an azumarill for a few years, which earned her a reputation at school as being a really good fighter. However, she was not the most studious student, and does not like to read.

After a while, she decided to apply to the Guild. When she received a letter from Chatot, she said goodbye to her siblings. Her youngest sibling gifted her a light blue scarf before she went, and she decided to wear it always.
__________________
Check out The Ultimate Hybrid, a game where you merge pokemon for hilarious results!
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old 1 Week Ago (9:12 AM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Vi by Solar Snivy is accepted! While your SU could use a bit more detail, it met my minimums and so you're good to go. Vi's personality seems a bit different from what we've seen so far in this RP, so I'll be excited to see that. Unless someone else applies within the next 24 hours, we have all our members and the IC will go live by tomorrow.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old 6 Days Ago (8:14 AM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelPhoenix View Post
Solosis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen-kun View Post
Dávalos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Litwick
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearAxel View Post
Tahni
Quote:
Originally Posted by NebulaMeowstic001 View Post
Poochyena
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanDaGamer View Post
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMrRoboto View Post
Mawile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Snivy View Post
Vi


Just tagging everyone to let them know that the IC is live and you're free to post! The last spot can still be taken until the end of the prologue, so if anyone wants it, now is the time to grab it.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old 6 Days Ago (8:17 AM).
LinearAxel's Avatar
LinearAxel LinearAxel is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 211
Send a message via Skype™ to LinearAxel
HYYYYPE!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old 5 Days Ago (8:26 AM).
Luster Purge's Avatar
Luster Purge Luster Purge is online now
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 589
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelPhoenix View Post
Solosis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen-kun View Post
Dávalos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Litwick
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearAxel View Post
Tahni
Quote:
Originally Posted by NebulaMeowstic001 View Post
Poochyena
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanDaGamer View Post
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMrRoboto View Post
Mawile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Snivy View Post
Vi


Sorry to tag everyone again, but we have a Discord room for the RP now! Follow this link and contact either me or rikadventure to be added to the Ends of the Earth room.
__________________



the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | <3 Latios


Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:01 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.

Acknowledgements
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2016.