Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Darker than it Seems [OOC][Accepting]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 15th, 2015 (11:06 PM). Edited 6 Days Ago by Gray-_-Hatred.
The GodOfCorruption

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Gray-_-Hatred
Darker Than It Seems

Introduction

In the wonderful world of Pokemon, everything is just perfect isn't it? Trainers and Pokemon live in harmony, disasters caused by legendaries are somehow fixed, and the people who want to use their power for evil can never obtain those legendaries. Generally, things come out rather positive in the end.
However
The Pokemon world you love and care for, is much darker than it seems. People steal from Pokemarts to help feed their families because they lack the money to buy food. People raid and destroy houses and stores for the fun of it. People kill other people with their Pokemon because they can, And what do the cops have to say about this? Nothing, Do you know why? It's because more cops are bribed and blackmailed by criminals to standby and watch, or to actually involve themselves in crimes than the cops who aren't. Factors like these have always been around and only the insane can believe anything will ever be changed, because of this, people have been getting away with far more sinister deeds.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Story

The most infamous incident that occurred in Kanto; was the Rocket Bio Crisis. Team Rocket has been researching Pokemon and child development, and has tried to implement Pokemon genes to infant humans in hopes of creating a human capable of Pokemon power. There have been many failures which lead to the death of people and Pokemon, but success was imminent. Eventually, they have succeeded in creating humans with Pokemon power in which they planned to use for world domination. Though, the success was short lived, as the people quickly broke out of the rocket hideout at young ages. Several of these people have scattered through the Kanto region, and that, has caught the media's attention. Soon, Public information of these modified humans has been displayed throughout Kanto, and given the name: Hybrids
Years have passed since the incident and though the existence of the Hybrids have been revealed, most of the world has alienated them due to their unique capabilities, and will do whatever it takes, to exterminate them.

What has happened in the RP so far.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Signup

Name:
Appearance:
(If you cannot provide a picture, Create 1 or more Paragraphs to describe your character's appearance)
Hybrid Trainer typing: (1 or 2; No Ghost. May have up to 3 as you grow. May be changed as well.)
Hybrid Trainer Ability: (1 or 2. May increase 1-2 times as you grow. *No weather or Legendary ability*(Excluding Pressure)*)
Hybrid Trainer Moveset: (Start with Up to 4-6 and you may have as many as you want through character development)

Pokemon team: (Minimum 1, Maximum 6; No Legendaries)
Attack execution: (Explanation in Spoiler)
[SPOILER]If you're a fire type You can spit fire
out of your mouth and such. You can also incorporate a weapon or
tool that you can hold to apply your Pokemon Typing to.
You can use ANYTHING that you can hold in your hand.
You can use ANYTHING you're wearing as a weapon.
Just be creative.

RULES

1: Follow the general RP rules.
2: This is rated [M] so be mature.
3: Swearing is allowed but don't do it in every sentence.
4: Romance of any kind is allowed but don't go past first base.
Spoiler:
First base – mouth-to-mouth kissing, especially French kissing;

5: RolePlayers CAN fight each other. (It's actually suggested)
6: No God Modding.
Spoiler:
"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be HARMED BY any and all means other RolePlayers try.

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.
This is a prime example of God Modding:

Player A: Punches Player B
Player B: Dodges attack, grabs Player A and throws him. Player A flies into a building and Player B warps in front of him and slashes Player A in the stomach.

7: do not kill off a Roleplayer Unless they tell you to.
8: If a player tells you to kill them, you don't have to, but if you do, the Roleplayer killed CAN be brung back to life, but one of their types changes to ghost, affecting their current character's abilities. This is the ONLY way to become a ghost type, however, the downfall of this, is that The GM(Me) Will decide your moves AND ability after you become a ghost type.
9: You can have Pokemon in the PC, However, You start off with none. Just remember to keep track of all your PC Pokemon. No more than 10.

==========MY SIGNUP==========

Name: Gray
Personality: He's rather strict and some would call him uptight. He's serious and he doesn't let his emotions cloud his judgement. He does what he wants and gives little to no regard of the law or the people around him. He's "Cold hearted" and lacks empathy, Sympathy and Compassion. HOWEVER he treats his Pokemon with respect and if there is a person he respects, He usually like to challenge them repeatedly.
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Hybrid trainer typing: Electric, Fighting
Hybrid trainer abilities: Volt Absorb and Pressure
Hybrid trainer moveset: Close Combat, Thunder Punch,Thunderbolt, Glare, Fusion Bolt, Bolt Strike
Pokemon Team: Unknown

Attack execution: He lets the Blue lightning stored within him release for a bit. Then, He points at any target and the Lightning WILL go after it with full force. However, When He's exerting too much Power, He losses control of it. The electricity, seems to have formed a mind of its own. And generally Will do what Gray says, However, if the lightning feels striking an opponent unworthy, It will purposefully miss the Target. He can also form electric blades that he can wield.

====================================================================================

Present and Future Topics of the RP revealed!

====================================================================================
Current-Members:
Gray-_-Hatred (Gray)
Shatteredxfrost (Arryn) (Alek)
Godzil (Rex Dart) (Melody)
Zatanna (Tulip, Orchid)
Iceman3317 (Shadow)
UnnecessaryLongName (Jason)
Stingray (Lydia)
VillageofDragons (Deacon) (Jack)
Rain T. (Valkyrie)
Flameheart (Annabel)

EX-Members:
ElBurrito (Darrin)

Old April 17th, 2015 (01:02 AM). Edited 5 Days Ago by shatteredxfrost.
What's a God to a non believer?

Nature: Hasty

Name: Arryn

Personality: Albeit her appearance depicts her as innocent and naive, Arryn is quite strong-willed and more than ready to call someone out on their crap. She's not mean or cruel but will do what she needs to to survive. As history has proven, she is not quick to trust anyone. Arryn is also very impulsive and acts on will rather than think things through and make a plan.

Without her shard, Arryn sees the beauty in doing the unthinkable and becoming cold to those around her; she adopts a different sort of attitude.

Appearance:Arryn has many of scars from countless battles. She has a tattoo on her hip of a snowflake - call her sentimental - which always stays covered up unless reaching for something, stretching, ect.
Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer typing: Ice, Dark

Hybrid Trainer Ability: Adaptability, Rattled

Hybrid Trainer Moveset: Ice Shard, Frost Breath, Sing, Taunt

Pokemon team: Absol, Furret,

Attack execution: Arryn has a crystallised shard of ice that stays in her back shorts pocket. The shard is a tether of sorts that keeps her temper under control, the shard was constructed by her and a friend in Celadon City.

She has the ability to materialise ice daggers which she uses to fight with most of the time.

Arryn mainly sticks to using quick thinking and her speed when it comes to fighting those that are much more powerful than she is.

Old April 18th, 2015 (05:11 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by shatteredxfrost:

Name: Arryn

Everything is all good with your sign up submission, I'll add you to the members list! Also, I'm glad you're looking forward to the plot, I hope your ready, because this RP will be a crazy ride
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:37 PM).

Quote originally posted by Gray-_-Hatred:
Everything is all good with your sign up submission, I'll add you to the members list! Also, I'm glad you're looking forward to the plot, I hope your ready, because this RP will be a crazy ride
Thanks! I definitely am looking forward to it! (:
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:44 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

Thanks! I definitely am looking forward to it! (:
Well, We gotta gather some more people! Maybe tell some of your friends who may find this thread interesting?
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:45 PM).

Well, We gotta gather some more people! Maybe tell some of your friends who may find this thread interesting?
I don't have many but I'll try (:
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:49 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

I don't have many but I'll try (:
Not many friends huh?? I'm willing to add you xD I need friends too, And you seem pretty chill!
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:50 PM).

Not many friends huh?? I'm willing to add you xD I need friends too, And you seem pretty chill!
I was literally just going on your page to add you haha!
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:55 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

I was literally just going on your page to add you haha!
We both got 1 more friend added So, If you ever wanna suggest any Ideas for the rp, or tell me anything, you can pm me. I'm all ears!
Old April 18th, 2015 (06:57 PM).

We both got 1 more friend added So, If you ever wanna suggest any Ideas for the rp, or tell me anything, you can pm me. I'm all ears!
Nice! We can talk about it there (:
Old April 19th, 2015 (03:59 PM). Edited 1 Day Ago by Godzil.
Yes you are! Hi kitty!

Nature: Modest
This looks interesting. I'll try something new, see if I like it.

Name: Rex Dart

Personality: Rex wants nothing more than to live a simple life: play with his friends, eat whenever and whatever he wants, sleep out under the stars. Unfortunately, the world is far too dark for such a simple dream. There is too much corruption and evil in the world, so he does what he can to stop it. He's generally a jolly guy, who enjoys having fun, and he considers fighting evil to be necessary. He also finds fighting lots of fun, and throws himself into the fray with an honest smile on his face.

Appearance: A massively muscled mountain of a man, standing 7' 4" with black hair, hazel eyes, and tanish skin. His usual attire consists of a gray shirt, black pants, black combat boots, and a leather jacket.

Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer typing: Fighting/Dragon

Hybrid Trainer Ability: Defiant, Technician

Hybrid Trainer Moveset: Dragon Breath, Bulk Up, Arm Thrust, Storm Throw, Flamethrower, Superpower

Pokemon team: Tyrantrum , Hawlucha , Blaziken

Attack execution: Primarily a Fighting type, he fights with grapples and strong punches. He has the heart of a Dragon, and can tap into his Ki to power himself up, which manifests as a cobalt colored aura. He can exhale a stream of Ki energy, though using it leaves him with heartburn.

Spoiler:
Dragon Breath: Rex exhales a cobalt blue stream of gas, empiwered bu his ki energy. The gas has a slight chance to paralyze anyone it comes into contact with.

Bulk Up: Rex focuses his ki energy into strengthening his body, making his muscles swell and his skin turn into charcoal-gray scales similar to a dragon's.

Arm Thrust: Rex increases his speed with a burst of ki, shoving at the opponent two to five times in a rapid rush.

Storm Throw: Rex grabs the opponent, using his great strength and knowledge of grappling to throw them.

Flamethrower: Tapping into the power of his Dragon heart, Rex ignites the gas he uses in Dragon Breath, exhaling a stream of fire.

Superpower: Rex clasps his hands together to increase the strength of his punches, swinging his fists like a sledgehammer. Upon striking a target, he releases a burst of ki energy, increasing the damage at the cist of his own strength and durability.

His Defiant ability boosts his strength whenever another of his stats is lowered, his anger at being weakened automatically pushing more ki energy into his muscles.

His Technician ability is simply the result of his training. Due to his slow speed and high strength, he has learned to apply more strength to smaller areas with weak attacks. His stronger attacks do not gain this benefit, as they are not as easy to control.
Old April 19th, 2015 (04:38 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by Godzil:

Name: Rex Dart

Not bad You're in! Members list is what you'll be on! I like this sort of peaceful giant character you got!
Old April 20th, 2015 (10:10 AM). Edited April 20th, 2015 by GoldenHouou.
Abstract Nonsense

Nature: Naughty
Might be interested.

Will put up a WIP later today if I decide to join.

Current rps
| Begin Again |

Old April 20th, 2015 (11:51 AM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by GoldenHouou:
Might be interested.

Will put up a WIP later today if I decide to join.
Aight
Old April 22nd, 2015 (07:27 PM). Edited April 22nd, 2015 by ElBurrito.
I'm not just any burrito. I am THE burrito.

Haven't done an RP for at least a year now, but I figured I'd give it another shot. Hope this SU is good :D

Name: Darren

Personality: Darren is typically a quiet guy who tends to keep to himself. Though he has a general hatred for the world he's in, primarily due to people shunning him for being a hybrid, he still feels a need to help people in need and recklessly throws himself in harms way to help them. He has no problem breaking the law if he finds a good reason for doing so. Darren also never backs down from a fight, even if he's going to lose, which has landed him in quite a bit of trouble in the past.

Appearance: Darren is slightly tan with a medium build, brown eyes, medium length black hair, and stands at about 5'10". He almost always wears jeans and a t-shirt with a black jacket that has a white image of a rayquaza's silhouette on the back.

Hybrid Trainer typing: Dark and Fire

Hybrid Trainer Ability: Synchronize and Defiant

Hybrid Trainer Moveset: Night Slash, Fire Punch, Will-O-Wisp, and Shadow Ball

Pokemon team: Houndoom, Aerodactyl, Arbok, Honedge

Attack execution: Darren keeps a katana sheathed on his back that he channels dark energy through when using Night Slash. When using Shadow Ball, Darren holds his hands as if they were ready to catch a baseball and lets energy build up into a ball that he shoots at the target. Will-O-Wisp is also formed in his hands and I'm pretty sure fire punch doesn't need much explanation.
Old April 25th, 2015 (07:36 AM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by ElBurrito:
Name: Darren

Alright! You're good to go! I'm putting you on the members list right now. Now that we have 4 people, I can can start The IC thread! It will be up soon so look out for that
Old April 25th, 2015 (08:25 PM). Edited 4 Days Ago by Zatanna.
Magician Princess

Nature: Sassy
Name: Tulip
Personality: Tulip is flirtatious, Outgoing, Passionate, Energetic, sometimes a little lustful and "touchy". She's a little boy crazy and is a total sweetheart who just wants to make friends.Sometimes shes a little too energetic and will make decisions without thinking them through. However she will get manipulative and snarky if she is upset. She loves bad boys and Tsundere guys who are strong and pretty manly.
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer typing: Fairy & Grass
Hybrid Trainer Ability: Cute Charm & Fairy Aura
Hybrid Trainer Moveset: Light of Ruin, Moonblast, Solarbeam, Giga Drain
Pokemon team:
(Gardevoir)
(Togekiss)
(Bellossom)
(Meganium)

Attack execution:

Moonblast- Says, "Selene lend me your power!" , then makes swirls with her pointer finger collecting the moons energy then fires a blast of moon energy
Solarbeam- She places her finger tips twords the sky until they starting glowing then like lazers of light she shoots them out of her fingers.
Giga Drain- Says, "I-im no match for you... my attraction for you is just....its just too strong!" , she then uses her cute charm to attract the foe, then walks to them and kisses them seemingly passionately but slowly she sucks the energy and life out of the foe, and finishing saying "Goodnight Sugar."
Attract- Tulip creates glowing, pink arrows & shoots them at the opponent. If they make contact, the opponent falls head over heels in love with Tulip.
She also has a Magic wand that looks like a rose. The petals open to reveal an amazing, and beautiful stone, she has no idea what it does though.
Old April 25th, 2015 (09:50 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by Zatanna:
Name: Tulip
Not bad, Certainly interesting. I'll add you in now
Old April 25th, 2015 (10:10 PM).
Magician Princess

Nature: Sassy
yay! Thank you! (: Im so excited!
Old April 25th, 2015 (10:16 PM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by Zatanna:
yay! Thank you! (: Im so excited!
You should be, This is gonna be a crazy fun RP!
Old May 8th, 2015 (06:33 AM). Edited May 8th, 2015 by IcyIce.
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
This seems like a fun RP.

Not too many people at the moment as well and yall seem to be doing well.

Are you still accepting people?

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, and Eevee
PC: None
Old May 8th, 2015 (06:48 AM).

Nature: Timid
Wow, this looks awesome - are you still taking on new people?
Old May 8th, 2015 (11:37 AM).
The GodOfCorruption

Yup! I am taking people! Feel free to Sign up! :D
Old May 8th, 2015 (11:38 AM). Edited June 20th, 2015 by IcyIce.
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
Name: Shadow

Personality: Shadow is really nice, but he shies away from most people. He does not always know how to act around other people as he has never had a real family that he can remember. He hides that he is a hybrid from the Team Rocket experiments. As most of his primary attacks could be used with a sword. He tries to protect those in need regardless of what they are. Hybrids, humans, and pokemon, they were all the same to him. He does not look at himself as better than human or pokemon, all were equal in his eyes. Thus treating them all the same except Team Rocket. He shows no love for members of Team Rocket, even sometime assassinating targets. He only wants peace, harmony, and tranquility. But he will fight if there is no other choice. He was once a friend with a Team Rocket member while in captivity like all the other hybrids. He and his sister were hated for being friends with one. When Team Rocket found out, they killed the one who they were friends with. But he fears that he will lose control of his power and hurt everyone he cares for.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Height: 6'5"

Hybrid Trainer typing: Dark and Fighting
Hybrid Trainer Ability: Speed Boost and Pure Power
Hybrid Trainer Moveset: Aura Sphere, Night Slash, Sacred Sword, Dragon Pulse, Learned (Bone Rush.)

Pokemon Team: Duoblade, Greninja, Lucario, Vimbrava, Noibat, and Eevee (Team changes in sig,)

Attack execution: Shadow mainly tries to avoid fighting, but will fight if someone is in trouble or if he is forced with no other choice. He uses two swords when he is fighting. Shadow mainly uses close combat attacks, depending heavily on speed and power. He uses Aura Sphere when he is at a distance. When he is in range, he uses a barrage of Sacred Sword and Night Slash attacks with his swords and when no one is expecting anything else, he unleashes Dragon Pulse from his swords or mouth which usually finishes off his opponents.

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, and Eevee
PC: None
Old May 8th, 2015 (11:46 AM).
The GodOfCorruption

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Name: Shadow
[\
Alright! I like it, Not bad, Not bad at all. Glad you have taken a liking to the IC thread. I'm going to add your name to the list. I'm also going to UPDATE my sign up, as my character has slightly changed from the beginning.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)