Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old 4 Days Ago (12:28 PM). Edited 23 Hours Ago by FenikkusuKasai.
FenikkusuKasai

Nature: Modest
Plot:
The region of Hoenn has undergone many changes over 100 years, as would any. Still, eight gym leaders act as a precursor to the Pokemon league for the Trainers who want to become the best trainers. Several Contest Halls host events to judge brilliant Pokemon and their trainers in the hopes to become the best coordinators. Many day-cares and breeders throughout the region help trainers learn and hone their skills in healing and growth.

Technology has improved, but in no way as to interfere with nature and wild Pokemon. But there is a small group of 12, naming themselves Team Zodiac, that disagree and believe the technological growth of the region has bastardized the natural relationship between Humans and Pokemon. Though they remain underground and nameless, they continue to try to convince the trainers of Hoenn that their dependencies on technology and their cultural influences have poisoned their minds and their bonds with their Pokemon. As they know their efforts, thus far, have been in vain, they know of means that can reach them to their Utopian end.

Setting:
The cities are the same as the game, but major buildings, landmarks, and Gym types have changed. These changes are ultimately up to all players, including the GM. Before the start of the IC, these specifics will be hashed out and added into this section. I want this to be a collective effort and something in which all players feel some kind of investment.

The beginning will be a sandbox setting, all PC's doing their own thing. They will be introduced into the main plot when I introduce them. This will be on an individual basis.
Beginning PC's may be advanced Trainers (well-trained or fully-trained teams) or beginning Trainers. You may also reserve to play a member of Team Zodiac. A list will be created below.
You may also create characters for Gym Leaders and the Elite Four.
The Elite Four is a precursor to the Championship. Trainers who wish to complete in the Championship must first challenge the Elite Four and be deemed competent to compete in the Championship.
For Gym Leaders, I like the idea of there being no "first" Gym Leader and that all Gym Leaders are capable of discerning one's skill and understanding what each Badge level means. They may be located on Routes or in places outside of Cities and Towns.
Mega Evolution is either a lost ability or has not be discovered yet, it is up to everyone involved. However, it will be (re)introduced in the RP proper. Either way, no one can start with Mega Evolution.

Hoenn Map Notes
Spoiler:
Littleroot Town
Route 101
Oldale Town
Route 102
Route 103
Petalburg City
Route 104 S
Petalburg Woods
Route 104 N
Rustboro City
Route 105
Route 106
Dewford Town
Granite Cave
Route 107
Route 108
Sea Mauville
Route 109
Slateport City
Route 110
Cycling Road
New Mauville
Mauville City
Route 111 S
Route 111 Central Desert
Route 111 N
Route 112 S
Firey Path
Route 112 N
Route 113
Fallarbor Town
Route 114
Meteor Falls
Route 115
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Verdanturf Town
Route 117
Route 118
Route 119
Weather Institute
Fortree City
Route 120
Route 121
Mt. Pyre
Route 122
Route 123
Lilygrove City
Route 124
Route 125
Mossdeep City
Route 126
Sootopolis City
Route 127
Seafloor Cavern
Route 128
Ever Grande City
Victory Road
I like the idea of the Elite Four being here to be challenged.
Pokemon League Stadium
Route 129
Route 130
Route 131
Sky Pillar
Pacifidlog Town
Route 132
Route 133
Route 134
Southern Island
I like the idea of Team Zodiac's base originating here.

Team Zodiac
Spoiler:
Aries (think Ampharos and Talonflame)
Taurus (think Tauros and Bouffalant
Gemini (think Plusle and Minun)
Cancer (think Kingler and Blissey)
Leo (think Arcanine and Pyroar)
Virgo (think Scyther and Jumpluff)
Libra: Played by GreyBidoof
Scorpio (think Drapion and Tentacruel)
Sagittarius (think Ninetales and Rapidash)
Capricorn (think Golem and Gogoat)
Aquarius (think Pelliper and Slowking)
Pisces: Played by Fenikkusu Kasai

Rules:
  • Standard RPing rules (no god-modding, power-playing, etc.)
  • There is no posting order. (Post only once after my own posts)
  • Stats and typing and fainting Pokemon are largely irrelevant. Skill is required to "win."
  • Post length should be at least 3 paragraphs.
  • Do not post Team Zodiac CSs in this thread. PM them to me. I want to keep them a secret.
  • You may make more than one character, but please do not make more than you can handle.
  • If your character is denied, I will give reason.
  • I reserve the right to deem you unfit to participate in this RP.
  • Ask me questions. Provide criticism. Any and all feedback is welcome.
  • Changes, additions, and removal of rules are up to the discretion of the GM.

Character Sheet:
Name: First and Last (Middle is optional, aliases, etc.)
History: About 3 paragraphs (3-5 sentences) and not much longer. Hometown, parents, siblings, education, brief overview of adventure.
Items: (Optional) Personal items and equipment (tools, books, clothing, etc.). I don't care about Pokeballs, Potions, Berries, etc.
Party: Standard size limit of 6, minimum of 1. There is no maximum.
Pokemon Name || Ability (mostly unrestricted)
Brief explanation of where, when, and how it was obtained. You may add its relationship with trainer and other Pokemon.
Move Pool (There is no limit to the number of moves a Pokemon can perform. There is a limit of what they can learn, which will ultimately be determined by type, species, and abilities. Make note of specific moves in which the Pokemon is particularly skilled (one Butterfree uses Double Team makes 3 images that can mimic the use of other moves while another Butterfree can make 20 images that cannot mimic other moves.). TMs are void (manual training and tutoring is allowed) and Egg moves will be limited. There should be a main strategy for the Pokemon and then supporting maneuvers. Combining moves is legal and encouraged, but they are not added to each other, but rather meshed. Particulars will be added when necessary. Overall, this is to reward the most creative, not the most competitive, players.)

Approved Character List:
Forrest Archer Johnson

Spoiler:
Name: Forrest Archer Johnson
History: His parents, Herbert and Barbara, moved to Oldale Town after he was born in Cherrygrove City of the Johto Region. His father worked with Prof. Yew at the time, but learned he would be transferred to the Hoenn Region to work with Prof. Evergreen. Stages and methods of evolution were his father's greatest passion, and Prof. Yew studied species and Pokemon behavior over much else. His mother could work anywhere as she could open an academy anywhere in the Pokemon world. She was the real reason Forrest developed a passion for Pokemon training over anything else. Though he and his mother had vastly different styles, they both proved to be effective.

His adventure didn't really begin until he was 14. Though he got his first Pokemon at 10 like any other child, he didn't wander far from home and, instead, learned and trained with his mother rather than vieing for Gym Badges. He believed, even at a young age, that they weren't the measure of skill or ability, as he could see. Many trainers passed through Oldale with one or two badges, sometimes even more, and he found he could defeat them regardless of the lack of number of badges he'd acquired. When he did decide to venture out and work toward collecting the Gym badges, it only took him two years to gather them all.

Collecting Pokemon was neither a passion nor an interest for Forrest. His father didn't quite understand this at first, as both he and Barbara were known for their skill in raising many different species of Pokemon. But they understood his connection with the Pokemon he'd befriended was all he needed to feel fulfilled. He claimed the six Pokemon he'd obtained throughout his journey were more than enough to understand all Pokemon and Pokemon Training in general.

Currently, he works with his mother in the Oldale Academy. He was a semi-finalist and a finalist in two separate runs of the Pokemon League after defeating the Elite Four and the Champion in his first run. This makes him a bit famous but he is quite humble in spite of this. The younger trainers seem to look up to him and his mother. After his accomplishments, the Academy gained much more attention, bringing in much more business and even funding from nearby Gym Leaders.

Party:
Medicham [Telepathy]
This was the last Pokemon Forrest obtained. He found a Meditite under some rubble while two Pokemon Trainers were battling nearby. Flygon and Breloom helped save her and she has a stronger connection with them than the others.
Spoiler:
Zen Headbutt
Meditate *
Confusion
Detect *
Endure *
Force Palm **
Calm Mind
Mind Reader *
High Jump Kick ***
Reversal
Recover *
Counter
Psyshock
Light Screen *
Protect *
Psychic **
Reflect *
Low Sweep
Focus Blast **
Drain Punch
Dynamic Punch ***
Psycho Cut **

Cacturne [Sand Veil]
While training Trapinch, Forrest was interrupted by a wild Cacnea who thought they were playing. He soon caught on to what they were really doing and wished to contribute. Cacturn and Flygon have a strong rivalry against each other, but both would do anything for the other.
Spoiler:
Growth
Leech Seed **
Sand-Attack
Needle Arm *
Feint Attack *
Ingrain **
Payback *
Spikes **
Spiky Shield **
Sucker Punch *
Pin Missile *
Energy Ball *
Cotton Spore
Sandstorm **
Destiny Bond ***
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse *
Seed Bomb *
Foul Play *
Drain Punch *
Synthesis **

Flygon [Levitate]
With Trapinch's Arena Trap, Forrest and Nuzleaf were trapped in a battle with him. He proved to be more diligent and proud than either Forrest or Nuzleaf. When both wished to end the battle and pleaded with Trapinch to allow them to escape, he only shook his head and urged them to continue. Forrest just threw a Pokeball in response.
Spoiler:
Sonicboom
Sand Attack *
Sand Tomb *
Supersonic *
Screech *
Earth Power **
Dragon Tail **
Dragon Breath *
Sandstorm *
Dragon Claw **
Dragon Rush ***
Earthquake **
Draco Meteor ***
Dragon Pulse **
Outrage ***
Fissure *
Boomburst

Breloom [Effect Spore]
While camping in Petalburg Woods, a Shroomish started to rummage through Forrest's stuff. He tried to shoo it away, but it seemed more concerned about stealing than the fact it was stealing from a Pokemon trainer. He sent out Seedot and Surskit to work their Bubble Bide technique. Night after night Forrest would have to deal with this Shroomish until he was fed up enough to catch it.
Spoiler:
Absorb ***
Stun Spore **
Leech Seed *
Poison Powder **
Sleep Powder **
Mega Drain ***
Headbutt *
Mach Punch *
Force Palm *
Sky Uppercut *
Seed Bomb *
Drain Punch ***
Giga Drain ***
Synthesis ***
Ingrain ***

Shiftry [Chlorophyll]
After a trainer had defeated a Seedot, Forrest saw it crying while a group of its friend attempted to heal it. He offered to take it to the Pokemon Center, and they seemed to agree. He was followed by a group of the seedlings back to Oldale Town. The only complication was that the Seedot didn't want Forrest to leave, so he didn't.
Spoiler:
Harden
Bide
Flail
Growth
Fake Out *
Feint Attack *
Leaf Blade *
Extrasensory *
Thief **
Fling **
Payback **
Foul Play *
Razor Leaf **
Seed Bomb **
Synthesis ***
Leaf Tornado ***
Leaf Storm ***

Masquerain [Intimidate]
Forrest's mother was teaching a class about catching Pokemon on Route 103. During a lunch break, Forrest wandered into Route 102 without her knowing. He came across a wild Surskit. He snuck up behind it, knowing he didn't have a Pokemon of his own to weaken it, and threw the Pokeball he'd stolen off her desk.
Spoiler:
Quiver Dance *
Bug Buzz *
Whirlwind **
Bubble
Bubblebeam
Quick Attack *
Sweet Scent
Gust
Scary Face *
Air Cutter
Silver Wind **
Air Slash *
Aerial Ace **
Hydro Pump ***
Signal Beam *
Water Pulse **
Aqua Jet *

* Primary Moves (primary strategy and most commonly-used moves)
** Secondary Moves (backup or finisher moves)
*** Tertiary Moves (last resort, defeating moves)
Pyroar, Talonflame, Vivillon, Charizard, Blaziken, Delphox
Y Team 2:
Bisharp, Dragalge, Golurk, Gardevoir, Pidgeot, Chesnaught
Y Team 3:
Magcargo, Ariados, Jumpluff, Medicham, Flygon, Greninja

Omega Team:
Medicham, Flygon, Breloom, Shiftry, Masquerain, Blaziken
Old 1 Day Ago (02:49 PM).
Logical Cabbage
A Very Big Altaria Fan

Nature: Brave
Can I reserve a spot here please?

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
Previously, Logical Cabbage
RP Participation
Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak
Old 1 Day Ago (11:31 AM).
FenikkusuKasai

Which spot would you like to reserve? I would be happy to fill that in for you.
Y Team 2:
Y Team 3:

Omega Team:
Old 23 Hours Ago (12:23 PM).
GreyBidoof
GreyBidoof

Nature: Serious
I will be posting my sign-up soon . In addition, can I reserve Libra? Are we limited to the pokemon you have listed for each Zodiac member?
Old 23 Hours Ago (12:28 PM).
FenikkusuKasai

No, those are just suggestions. I'm considering the element of the signs but also the qualities, which is why I chose some that I did. I will specify over PM when the CS is submitted to me.
I also wanted to discuss the idea of all of them only having two Pokemon, like how I listed it above. But it's really up to those participating. What do you think?
Y Team 2:
Y Team 3:

Omega Team:
Old 23 Hours Ago (12:33 PM).
GreyBidoof
GreyBidoof

Nature: Serious
I don't see a problem with what you have listed. I'll try and develop the character some when I send it to you, and then we can see what would work best.
Old 17 Hours Ago (06:25 PM).
Logical Cabbage
A Very Big Altaria Fan

Nature: Brave
I want to reserve Taurus please

°The Taurus°

Valerie "Val" Savich
20 Years Old

History:

~coming soon~

The Pokemon Attire

P.S. Please Don't rip off my SU format at all.

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
Previously, Logical Cabbage
RP Participation
Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak
Old 17 Hours Ago (06:29 PM).
FenikkusuKasai

Please read the updated Rules before updating further.
Thank you.
Y Team 2:
Y Team 3:

Omega Team:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links