Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/OOC]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old 1 Week Ago (08:27 AM). Edited 2 Days Ago by なぎ.
n a g i

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to なぎ

POKÉMON MYSTERY DUNGEON
Explorers of Haven

Welcome. This is the portal that leads you to the world of Pokémon. Beyond this gateway, many new adventures and fresh experiences await your arrival. Only Pokémon inhabit this world. There are no trainers, nor will there be in the course of this roleplay. Be strong, stay smart. And be victorious!

You are a Pokémon that has just arrived in the village of Haven, with the goal of joining its renowned Exploring Guild and starting your training as one of their Explorers. The guild is led by its founder, an imposing Steel/Psychic type Pokémon called Bronzong, and his right-hand and secretary, Snubbull. The guild aims to educate and train young Pokémon into becoming full-fledged Explorers; Pokémon that are fit to go into Mystery Dungeons, carry out quests and rescues and sometimes even explore completely new areas.

Guild Regulations:
1. Follow all PC and RPC rules.
2. This RP is rated T, meaning you will have to restrict violence, gore and romance to a mild level.
3. Be fair, nice and respectful towards other players. This also implies no godmodding, bunnying without permission, or anything of the sort.
4. Please try to stay active, and consult the GM if anything is amiss.
5. Have fun!

Haven

Haven is the town you will arrive in in your first post. Below is a map of the town with all its facilities. You may control any of the NPCs (except Bronzong) at your leisure, but try to keep their character as described below.

Spoiler:
the Guildhouse
The Guildhouse is the building that you will first see come into view as you cross the bridge to enter the village of Haven. As you enter, the first thing you'll see is the front counter, accompanied by a large Bulletin Board. This is where Pokémon can put up their requests, but it is also where you will register as an apprentice explorer. The counter is usually manned by the Guild Secretary, Snubbull. She is a very busy Pokémon, and often seems rushed and irritated as a result, but don't let that scare you away. In actuality, she's very sensible and fair, and a hard worker.
Also often in the Guildhouse is Officer Watchog, who is Haven's policeman and peacekeeper. Captured Outlaws can be delivered to him, and he will take them off your hands and give you the reward as well. Watchog is exactly as you'd expect: always vigilant, alert, and he takes his work very seriously.
The stairs on the side of the main hall lead to the second floor of the Guildhouse. The long hallway there is home to the crew quarters, where you will be able to rest after a hard day of work. Way at the end is Guildmaster Bronzong's office, but that is off-limits to regular members. Only Snubbull can go in there normally.

the Kricket Inn
The second largest building in Haven is Kricket Inn. It is run by a pair of brothers, Kricketot and Kricketune. Apart from offering lodgings to Guild affiliates and travellers, they also run the bar and restaurant on the building's ground floor that is accessible to all. Here, you can order juices and fizzy drinks as well as full meals, but you cannot take these along on your missions.
Many are confused to find out Kricketot is actually the elder brother. He has an easygoing personality and is the inn's main owner. He spends his time behind the bar mostly, to orchestrate the inn's workings and take in guests and orders. The younger Kricketune is quite different; a true worrywart. His older brother often jokes his early evolution must have been due to his constant obsessing. Kricketune is the one to keep his older brother in check when he is slacking off too much, though. He also tends directly to the guests more, by showing them to their rooms and serving them at the tables. At night, the two brothers are known to create an extra nice atmosphere by playing some smooth jazzy music together.

Gulpin's General Goods
Gulpin runs the general store in town, where you will be able to buy any and all consumables that you feel you might need when you go out - he sells all items, but be aware that you might be able to get some kinds cheaper elsewhere. The only exclusive items he sells are Orbs, throwing items, and accessories (equipment).
He may not look it, but he knows his business well and always keeps his shop well-stocked for the Guild members' convenience - and to profit for his own. Gulpin is a bit of a waggish personality, in that he deals with his customers in a friendly and humorous manner, but he also has something mischievous in him.

Keymaster Klefki (Appraisal)
Sometimes you may find small chests or boxes in dungeons, lost or left behind by other Pokémon. These may very well contain valuable items, but they are often locked. Klefki runs a small shop in Haven to open these treasure boxes up, for only 250 Poké. The Pokémon is an avid key collector, and will not let anyone into its house for fear of them stealing any of the keys. This is why the shop is actually more of a stand just outside. Klefki will head inside, rummage around, and come back out with the key your box needs. Nobody knows the reason for the paranoia, though...

Move Master Musharna
Musharna is Haven's Move Master. Her psychic powers are strong enough to bestow any feasible move she can dream up onto her clients. These include any TM/HM or egg move. To have this done, however, you will have to present her with a special item: a Prism Shard. These are exceedingly rare, and can only be found in certain dungeons, and even then only if you're lucky.
The Move Mistress herself is generally a bubbly Pokémon, but using her powers requires her to tap into a Pokémon's dreams. As a result, afterwards she often feels tired and a bit drowsy.

Accelgor's Dojo
Accelgor runs the local dojo. The building has been destroyed and rebuilt several times, mainly due to the owner's battles with his life-long rival, the travelling warrior Escavalier. Luckily, it's been a while since their last encounter... but there's no telling when Escavalier could be back in town.
The facilities in the dojo include a basement Mystery Dungeon to explore at your leisure, with various types of volunteer Pokémon roaming its halls, and a (somewhat battered) battlefield to allow for sparring and practicing.
Accelgor is a Pokémon of few words, and can be a strict instructor if required. He knows just how to motivate Pokémon to bring out their potential, and actually likes to assist Pokémon in their training.

Miltank Farm
Haven's farm is populated by a number of different Pokémon who live and work there. Firstly, Venonat and Sudowoodo usually tend to the Berry Orchard, and will be happy to assist you in finding the berries you need for your adventure, 50 Poké each. Venonat is still very young and shy, and her relationship with Sudowoodo is similar to that of an older brother. Sudowoodo in turn is just a cheerful farmboy, though he has some quirks - particularly the need to break into a disco-style dancing every now and then.
Secondly, a small bird Pokémon called Farfetch'd is in charge of the fields. From him, you can buy all sorts of seeds for use in Dungeons. Stun Seeds, Sleep Seeds, Blast Seeds... each for only 100 Poké! But Farfetch'd is very proud of his plants, and won't like if you disrupt their growth by stepping anywhere but on his pre-made paths. Farfetch'd is easily irritated and has a cranky personality, but if you express an interest in his fields you will instantly rise in his esteem!
Finally, the farm's overall manager and owner of the accompanying farmhouse is Miltank. Often referred to as 'Mother' or even 'Mama Miltank', she is a friendly and reliable Pokémon. She speaks with a bit of a southern accent and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. She also runs a small business on the side of selling her homemade Moomoo Milk, which is known to restore one's health completely. That doesn't come cheap, however. It's 700 Poké a bottle.

Mystery Dungeons:

From the beginning, there will be 5 dungeons available for your to explore, of various difficulty levels. Guide levels regarding which dungeons are safe to enter are stated for your convenience.

Spoiler:
River Belle Path ☆ Lv. 10-14
A once serene path by the winding river has now become a dangerous route crawling with Grass, Bug, and some Normal and Water-type Pokémon. The old wooden bridges have become rickety, and the flow of the stream has become much faster in some places. Still, this dungeon is relatively easy, and can be visited by first-time explorers.

Brine Cove ☆ Lv. 12-16
Because the Haven Peninsula is almost completely surounded by steep cliffs, Brine Cove is convenient for providing a natural stairway (known as the Regi's Causeway) to reach sea level. Pokémon often visit this place, but because the tide can be strong and sudden, combined with stormy winds, it can still be dangerous. Deep in the cove, there is also a cave to explore, but this should be visited with caution as it completely floods when the tide comes up. It is mostly inhabited by Rock- and Water-type Pokémon.

Misty Fjord ☆☆ Lv. 15-19
The Misty Fjord marks the transition to the colder northern continent. It is a long and thin inlet with steep cliffs, causing the cold sea wind to howl through it. This makes the Fjord very cold, despite the general lack of snow. Pokémon to be found here are of the Ice and Fighting type.

Stone Grotto ☆☆ Lv. 17-21
In the middle of an uninhabited wasteland lies a large cave called the Stone Grotto. This cave, where Ground-, Rock- and Ghost-types roam, is effectively an abandoned mine. Lights have been put up by the guild to guide your way, but be careful as the Pokémon there know how to manipulate the scarce lighting for their benefit.

Mt. Alloy ☆☆☆ Lv. 20-24
The Dungeon currently farthest away from the guild is Mt. Alloy. This mountain is somehow magnetically charged and is as such inhabited by mostly Steel and Electric-type Pokémon. It can be climbed by following a winding path and some caves along the slope of the mountain.

Mechanics:

As opposed to joining the guild and forming a rescue team, in this RP you join the guild as a solo Pokémon Explorer. Every IC day, new missions will be posted to the Bulletin Board that you can take on with up to 4 others. Form groups in the OOC thread and go on missions - if you so please. This will be a sandbox RP, meaning you can explore the town of Haven and the Dungeons as much as you like. Do take care not to go into a dungeon that is above your level, though. The more Pokémon in your group, the higher level dungeons you will be able to challenge.
Every member of the guild will receive a Warp Crystal, which can be used to return to Haven from any Dungeon in the country. It is a fragment of the large crystal in town, and through its resonation allows you to teleport back to the Square within mere seconds.

Leveling up is done by acquiring experience. This can be done through going on missions, exploring Mystery Dungeons, training at the dojo, or battling another Pokémon. I will leave you to decide your own leveling, but if you consistently overestimate your experience gained, I may tell you to take it down a peg. You are welcome to include an EXP bar or percentage somewhere in each IC post, to keep track of experience gained in a more detailed manner, but it's not required.

If you would like to take on a mission, take a look at the Bulletin Board in the IC thread. Once you've chosen one, mention it in the OOC thread and it will be marked in red on the Bulletin Board, so others cannot take the same one. After taking one on, you will first have to go see your client to get the details of the mission. Finally, you can go get some last-minute supplies, or just head out to the dungeon. When you've finished your mission, you can report back to your client, or if you catch an Outlaw, you can bring them to the Guild, and Officer Watchog will take them off your hands.

Signup:
Name: (unless you want everyone to call you by your species...)
Pokémon Species:

Appearance: (if deviant from regular)

History: (what led them to wanting to apprentice at the guild?)

Personality: (general demeanor, strengths and weaknesses - and i don't mean type-wise!)

Moveset: (up to 6 moves - no TM/HM moves to start with, and keep it to the ORAS game canon for your level. one egg move is allowed)

Guild Apprentices: click for SU!

Old 1 Week Ago (09:56 AM).
Just won't die.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
How convenient, an RP that popped up half an hour before I decided to come back here. And looks fun too. Sign me up.

I should be able to get an SU up some time today or tomorrow.
Old 1 Week Ago (10:39 AM).
Also known as H.A.M. somehow.

Nature: Calm
As I said in the club, I'd like to sign up. One spot reservation please.
Old 1 Week Ago (11:22 AM).
A Total Meatatarian

Send a message via Skype™ to Carnivore Chie
*pokes a reserve spot for herself~*

"You need to eat more meat!"
Old 1 Week Ago (01:21 PM).
n a g i

great! i'll be looking forward to your completed SUs c:
Old 1 Week Ago (01:26 PM).
Piercing the Clouds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
oooh this looks amusing, and the CSS is very well done. c:

two comments:
  • gaining 3-5 levels for clearing a mission seems like a bit much. The rest seems like it could work for the beginning, but you may want to refine the experience system as the roleplay continues, otherwise players may become incredibly high leveled unrealistically fast. d:
  • can we name the NPC townsfolk? haha It would just feel wrong constantly calling them Snubbull and Musharna and whatnot

۵ paired to no one
gold supporter
| | | | |
Old 1 Week Ago (01:47 PM).
n a g i

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
two comments:
  • gaining 3-5 levels for clearing a mission seems like a bit much. The rest seems like it could work for the beginning, but you may want to refine the experience system as the roleplay continues, otherwise players may become incredibly high leveled unrealistically fast. d:
  • can we name the NPC townsfolk? haha It would just feel wrong constantly calling them Snubbull and Musharna and whatnot
Mm, I see your point with regard to the level system. I was still trying to figure that out a little. But since a mission would surely require several posts, I thought it should at least be significantly more than a battle. Also I wanted to avoid the need for players to visit the same dungeon more than twice, because I can imagine that would get old quite fast. Still, 5 is probably too much indeed ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ If you have any specific suggestions for improvement of the level system, I'd very much like to hear them.
With regard to the unnamed townsfolk; I basically went with this because in the Mystery Dungeon games, none of the NPCs actually have names. I did make sure to choose Pokémon that would be unlikely to be chosen by players, to avoid any confusion with similar species. Still, if you (and others) think they are better off with names, I wouldn't mind adding them either.
Old 1 Week Ago (01:55 PM).
Piercing the Clouds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by なぎ:
Mm, I see your point with regard to the level system. I was still trying to figure that out a little. But since a mission would surely require several posts, I thought it should at least be significantly more than a battle. Also I wanted to avoid the need for players to visit the same dungeon more than twice, because I can imagine that would get old quite fast. Still, 5 is probably too much indeed ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ If you have any specific suggestions for improvement of the level system, I'd very much like to hear them.
With regard to the unnamed townsfolk; I basically went with this because in the Mystery Dungeon games, none of the NPCs actually have names. I did make sure to choose Pokémon that would be unlikely to be chosen by players, to avoid any confusion with similar species. Still, if you (and others) think they are better off with names, I wouldn't mind adding them either.
you could hand out exp. points and have little exp. bars for everyone. :3 (or just have exp. bars and have RPers manage them like they would levels. that way they could give themselves small increments of exp., rather than entire levels)
other than that, I don't have any specific suggestions right now. I'd be happy to help come up with something if you need it, though.

haha, the names aren't imperative. I just think it could be a bit odd calling them by the name of their species. They don't have names in the games, sure, but they never really do in any Pokémon game, and it goes along with the same sentiment as not wanting your own character to simply be "Buneary" or "Fennekin."

speaking of which, my main issue right now is figuring out whether I want to play as Buneary or Fennekin. lol

۵ paired to no one
gold supporter
| | | | |
Old 1 Week Ago (02:20 PM).
Queen of the Clouds

If there are reservations, I would like one. ;D

Credit: Google and Tove Lo.
Old 1 Week Ago (02:25 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Xilfer.
Just won't die.
Gold Tier

So this happened...
Name: Poob
Pokémon Species: Poochyena
Level: 10

Appearance:
No different at all from a normal Poochyena.

History:
Ever since he was a child, Poob has been viewed by others as just 'normal'. He was a normal-looking Poochyena who had a bit of a temper, but with nothing else outwardly fascinating or outstanding about him. He was always mediocre at whatever he tried, whether it be fighting, sports, or academics. The fact that Poochyena is a common species did not help his case either. As a result, other Pokemon often teased him about his unremarkable characteristics, including his mediocrity; his dullness; and his lack of ambition. Even his mother was an unremarkable Mightyena, and his father had apparently left Poob soon after his birth.

Eventually, Poob grew tired of being looked down upon, and of being ordinary. For the first time in his life, he began to develop ambition. And with this ambition came his pride, born from insecurity. He dreamed of conquering mystery dungeons and finding treasures, as well as lording over others and taking over entire countries. Eventually, fantasies were not enough, and he decided that he needed to act on them. He would grow stronger and attain the power he needed to become legendary.

And so, he decided to become an apprentice at the exploring guild in Haven. His first goal on his way to becoming all-powerful is to attain the position of guild master at the local guild, and from there, become even more powerful. Not that he presently knows how he will go about doing this. But all will come with time.

Personality:
The first thing one will notice about Poob is his pride. He has a great sense of self-importance and confidence in himself, believing that none could ever be more powerful than him. Naturally, this makes him a sore loser, and if he ever loses at anything he will claim it was simply dumb luck on his opponent's part or that the competition has been rigged somehow. He has much ambition and great plans for the future, even going so far as to dream of building an empire for himself. However, these very aspects of Poob's character demonstrate another side to him: his naivety and childishness. He does his best to believe in himself and his superiority over others, while convincing himself that he is capable of these feats. In reality, however, he hasn't the faintest idea on how to to go about achieving his goals. If asked, he will simply state that he is 'going with the flow' or that 'the plan is already underway', but these are both blatant lies.

On some deep, deep level that he will almost never show to anyone, Poob knows about his flaws. They are mainly rooted in his immense desire to become superior and more powerful to others; a desire which is itself rooted in a fear and disdain of being inferior to others. Poob seems to see the world in only two shades: he must be either superior or inferior to others, and equality is not an option. If someone can look past his flaws and get to know Poob, they would most likely see some glimpses of his true insecurity and perhaps even signs of the capacity for change, but most prefer to stay away from Poob altogether.

When it comes to his behavior around others, Poob will usually act high and mighty, and is quick to become irritated if someone insults him. However, unlike most Poochyena, he does not get outwardly angry right away; he has resolved to keep his anger hidden and stored away on most occasions, deciding that he is too good to waste it on those that are beneath him. The battlefield is where Poob usually lets his anger loose, but most of the time it's uncontrolled and chaotic, which results in a rather frenzied fighting style that is characteristic of Poochyena.

Moveset:
Bite / Sand Attack / Tackle / Howl / Yawn
Old 1 Week Ago (02:33 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by なぎ.
n a g i

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
you could hand out exp. points and have little exp. bars for everyone. :3 (or just have exp. bars and have RPers manage them like they would levels. that way they could give themselves small increments of exp., rather than entire levels)
other than that, I don't have any specific suggestions right now. I'd be happy to help come up with something if you need it, though.

haha, the names aren't imperative. I just think it could be a bit odd calling them by the name of their species. They don't have names in the games, sure, but they never really do in any Pokémon game, and it goes along with the same sentiment as not wanting your own character to simply be "Buneary" or "Fennekin."

speaking of which, my main issue right now is figuring out whether I want to play as Buneary or Fennekin. lol
I do like the idea of Exp. bars, but I worry that it would become too technical and difficult to keep track of levels for the players as well as the GM, haha. The system as it is now is partially based on the PTA level system, which also uses rounded-off levels. Though of course there trainers work with several Pokémon, so i suppose the problem with rising levels too fast is not as prevalent. ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ If you would like to help me set something better up, I think it's best to continue this discussion over PMs though c:

I've been playing the Mystery Dungeon games a lot in preparation for this, so for me it's now pretty natural to refer to NPCs by their Pokémon names, haha. I'll decide whether or not to give them actual names before the IC goes up then, so I'd like to hear everyone's opinion in the meantime!

Thanks for your SU, Xilfer! I'll get right to it.
EDIT: alright, Xilfer's Poob is pending - since Poochyena doesn't learn Swagger or Taunt until level 19 and 31 respectively. But if you fix that, you're in! Woops, I'm sleepy. ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
... so with that I'll sign off for the night. Reservations will stay open for until I feel there are too many for me to handle, but I think we'll be in the clear for the time being.
Old 1 Week Ago (04:00 PM).
Apocalypse.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Churaka
Could you please reserve me a spot? ^^ I'll have my SU up later... tomorrow. c:
Old 1 Week Ago (04:09 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Subsonic.
Queen of the Clouds

I think the idea of experience bars is nice. (It makes the RP longer I feel and gives people more things to write posts about. However, it would take a lot of work to implement effectively.)

Credit: Google and Tove Lo.
Old 1 Week Ago (04:17 PM).
Just won't die.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by なぎ:
Thanks for your SU, Xilfer! I'll get right to it.
EDIT: alright, Xilfer's Poob is pending - since Poochyena doesn't learn Swagger or Taunt until level 19 and 31 respectively. But if you fix that, you're in! Woops, I'm sleepy. ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
... so with that I'll sign off for the night. Reservations will stay open for until I feel there are too many for me to handle, but I think we'll be in the clear for the time being.
Alright, fixed! Sorry, guess it just slipped my mind. :P
Wish Poochyena learned more stuff before Lvl 10 tho. Oh well.
Old 1 Week Ago (05:51 PM).
Comedy Fanfic writer [email protected]

Nature: Adamant
Hey, can I ask something? Why are we solo characters? I think it'd be very interesting to have a scene where we are randomly paired to another guild member to form a team. :3

That being said, I'd like to reserve a space too! I'll write up a sign up when I'm supposed to be asleep when I can.
Old 1 Week Ago (06:31 PM).

I'd like to reserve a spot! I'm new to the forums, but not roleplaying. I'm glad I got here in time for a new roleplay.
Old 1 Week Ago (06:53 PM).
Comedy Fanfic writer [email protected]

Nature: Adamant

Name: Niishi
Pokemon Species: Nidoran(F)

Appearance:
Her ears are slightly larger than a normal Nidoran's, and her spots are as seen in the picture attached.
Spoiler: I'm usually better at drawing Nidoran than this....

History:
When she was younger, Niishi fell into a ditch while playing with some other Pokemon. None of the others heard her trying to escape nor calling for help until they were going home. Someone called for a Rescue Team who came and rescued her.
Niishi was immediately in awe of them and wanted to be a Rescuer. Rescuers could help Pokemon, explore Mystery Dungeons, find new uncharted areas, and so much more. The more she learned about it the harder she trained.
One day she heard from a traveling Pokemon about a Guild for training young Pokemon and grooming them into a Grade A Rescuer. She collected the money herself, said goodbye to her family, and promptly left for the Guild.

Personality:
Though very quiet at first, Niishi will become a blabbermouth about everything she knows once you get to know her. She is very intelligent and knows how to get every last bit of information from anything. She is also very brazen and would charge right into something if she believed it was right.
Her flaw about that is she doesn't have a power to back it up. Though she is very determined to fight, she will get knocked out quite fast. Niishi hopes to become stronger in the Guild's training to overcome this.
She's also impatient and can't sit still. Even when she's around strangers and quiet, she may stand up and start pacing, or squirming in place. This is so bad she sleeptalks, occasionally walking others up.
She can be stubborn to a point, often refusing to do something she doesn't agree with. This is sometimes a flaw, sometimes her biggest feeling.

Moveset:
Growl/Scratch/Tail Whip/Double Kick/Endure/----
Old 1 Week Ago (08:45 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by gio7sm.
Its adventure time!
Silver Tier

Nature: Docile

Finn the Archen

Current Team

Poke: None yet
Inventory: None yet

Moveset

Leer, Wing Attack, Double Team,
Rock Throw, Double Team, [EGG] Dragon Pulse

Name: Finn
Pokémon Species: Archen

Appearance: Just a normal First Bird Pokemon with a slightly larger tail and smaller eyes

History: Born under a couple of a female Noivern and male Arhceops, he grew up in a caring household (err cave) along with 5 other siblings, being the second eldest in the family. His parent where quite intimidating, but where very capable raising all five children, being the second though he always got hand-me down from the first born, who resents. Despite this, Finn is not spiteful and was raised to enjoy his life, which he takes to heart. In terms of his family relations he greatly cares for all his sibling and took up the big bother role, more often since his own big brother was very distant from the family.

One day he had reached news that the eldest brother in the family had committed an assault on various pokemon and assisted in the robbery of a town's poke-bank. The news shocked him and his family, and had left his mother greatly ill from grief. Angry and confused he went out to search for his older brother and get an explanation from him, his endeavors have landed him with a goal with going a guild, where he hopes to find more information about his brother's whereabouts. After all outlaws have a tendency to hide in dungeons and joining an exploration team would be advantageous to his overall goals.

Personality: : Finn is carefree and hyperactive, barely able to hold still in one place. He constantly tries to motivate other people, and has a pure spirit, however, he is known to be gullible and rushes into things more often than he should. He tries to help others in their times of need, but gets into other people's lives a bit too, frequently. Despite all of this, Finn is the kind of guy to live it large and make friends on the way. He looks towards the future and is an adventurer by heart.

Moveset: Leer / Wing Attack / Rock Throw / Double Team / Quick Attack / [EGG] Dragon Pulse

God always gives His best to those
who leave the choice with him.

#ProudToBePino
Old 1 Week Ago (12:06 AM).
n a g i

Quote originally posted by DyingWillFlareon:
Hey, can I ask something? Why are we solo characters? I think it'd be very interesting to have a scene where we are randomly paired to another guild member to form a team. :3
the reason i'm having you join as solo characters rather than forming an official team is so that you won't have to be tied down to the same teammate over the course of the whole RP. it's definitely encouraged to go on missions with others, though! in this OOC thread, you can ask around and pair up with up to 4 others to visit a Dungeon IC. i hope that clears things up?

so, as for the new SUs...
Xilfer's Poob is now officially accepted! don't worry, you'll grow in no time!
DyingWillFlareon's Niishi is also accepted! just a tip - you can make paragraphs a little longer than just two or three sentences. you don't have to, but it can make the text a bit easier to read. c:
gio7sm's Finn is finally accepted as well! i can see you're struggling with grammar a bit, but if you try to work on it a little it's no problem ~

alright, we have 6 reservations and 3 characters up as far as i can see. i'm glad there's so much interest! c:
Old 1 Week Ago (09:49 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Gelius3.
So lazy that i can't even ride my skateboard properly...

Location: Well somewhere in Great Canyon, Hill of Ancients...
Nature: Relaxed
I wanna join O.o, Me loves PMD!

Name: Gelius (Or Gelly For friends.)
Pokémon Species: Sneasel

Appearance: Like a Normal Sneasel but it has a Black Hat (like Riley's one).

History: Born under a Male Weavile and a Female Glaceon, Gelius lived in a icy forest, on his house (well i mean on a clearing). Gelius was having his normal life as a Sneasel, doing things that Sneasel do (Don't ask me what Sneasel normally do) and attending his father's Dojo (Not the one on the town, another that was made). 2 years later, a baby Eevee was born, which is Gelius' Brother.

Some time later, Gelius discovered a small gem with his friends, deeper in the woods. They were eventually attacked by a Snorunt Horde, being their leader a Frosslass, and other wild Pokemon. They eventually defeated the enemies and got the gem and started to talk about dungeons and Rescuers and etc... During the talk, Gelius became fascinated in Rescuers and Explorers, and decided to become both. Some time later, when he had the chance, he left home and arrived Heaven. By the middle of the trip, Gelius bought his Black Hat, to look "cool". Then he tried to find Bronzong's Guild and to become a guild member on it. Eventually Gelius would pass but lets see what awaits him.

Gelius decision on becoming an Explorer and Rescuer on a guild was due to 2 things. The events that happened after the Shiny Gem event, and due to another thing, Gelius' dream of seeing the world, yet he did not planned to become an explorer and rescuer at same time. Another thing was that Gelius wanted to become stronger to protect the ones who he love.

Personality: Gelius is very stubborn but has a big good heart. Normally he would not behave bad around other Pokemon. Gelius is very impatient, but when he has to be patient, he can handle for a little. Asking him to give up from an objective is a sin (well to him). He never gives up until the trouble is solved. Gelius normally talks to people he really trusts and when he does talk he is sentimental or serious, depending on the person that Gelius talks to.

Moveset: Avalanche (Egg Move), Leer, Scratch, Quick Attack, Feint Attack, Taunt

There you go! Hope you enjoy
Old 1 Week Ago (11:11 AM).
n a g i

Quote originally posted by Gelius3:
I wanna join O.o, Me loves PMD!
Hi Gelius! I'm happy you're interested in joining this RP, and thanks for submitting a sign-up already! Unfortunately, it's just a little lacking for me to accept it as it is now. Could you just expand a little more on your character's history and personality? For instance, I'd really like to read more about the gem discovery and how that inspired him to become a member of the guild, and maybe about how he got his Black Hat? And just a little more detail about how he interacts with others for the personality section. c:
Finally, a few of the moves you listed cannot be learned by Sneasel at its current level, so you'll have to limit it to just Avalanche, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack and Faint Attack - which is already quite a nice selection I would say!
Old 1 Week Ago (11:19 AM).
So lazy that i can't even ride my skateboard properly...

Location: Well somewhere in Great Canyon, Hill of Ancients...
Nature: Relaxed
I added some more information. Hope is enough now. And changed the moveset.
Old 1 Week Ago (11:34 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ash_Ketchum123.
That one guy

Nature: Quirky
This looks exciting. I'd like to sign-up please!
Name: Lotad
Pokémon Species: Lotad

Appearance:
The pad on top of Lotad is autumn yellow instead of green. He is also a tad bigger than a regular Lotad, standing at a height of 0.6m, weighing 3.0kg.

History:
Lotads are not raised by their parents. Once they are born, they are left in a pond where they stay until they evolve. Some Lotads never evolve and stay in the pond for the rest of their lives. This lead to the rise of different cultures in different ponds. Lotad is different from his brothers and sisters. His leaf was a different color, he was bigger and heavier than them, and swimming was tedious despite being born in water. Because of this, he was mostly ignored by his society, cast out as a freak. He wasn't even given a name by his fellow Lotads. For them, names are given by other Lotads. You cannot call yourself a name until someone else names you. His siblings were given names. There was Courage, the eldest of the six, Petunia, Daisy, Lily and Wisdom. Some of them jokes that there was no need to give Lotad a name. He was different enough.

Mustering up all the courage he could, he decided that it was best to leave his pond and live somewhere else. He found Haven after days of travelling. He still got weird looks from other Pokémon, but no one avoided him. He found himself at the Kricketot Inn where he was allowed to stay for as long as he needed. Lotad, for once in his life, felt accepted. The feeling, however, had become addictive to him. He wanted more and more to feel accepted. While walking around the town one day, he saw an ad for the guild. They were looking for new Explorers to train. Lotad saw this as an opportunity to become more accepted, so he applied to become an apprentice.

Personality:
Lotad is timid and can go a long time without talking. He is conscious of his appearance, always afraid of getting rejected because of his abnormalities. Because of his experience of being shunned by society, he makes sure to make everyone feel welcome around him, but most of the time, this is limited to him just smiling at the Pokémon around him. His shyness often gets the best of him. He constantly longs for acceptance. He'll do almost anything to please other people. Despite this, he knows when to draw the line when it comes to wanting to be accepted by other people.

Moveset: [EGG] Flail, Absorb, Bubble, Astonish, Growl
Just tell me if there are things I need to add/change

I've been longing for...
daisies to push through the floor
And I wish plant life would grow all around me
So I won't feel dead anymore

OWLsee you around
Roleplayer

Old 1 Week Ago (12:23 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by IamSmart~SMRT.

Name: Damien
Pokémon Species: Ralts

History: Damien is from a small nameless community that has a lot of other Pokemon around his age. Damien was the only Ralts and his mother was a Gardevoir, who treated him a bit like a girl. Due to this, he was often made fun of and had to pay dearly.

All of the other Pokemon made fun of Damien, saying he seemed or acted like a girl because of his mother and his own feminine appearance. They'd bully him, occasionally attacking him. His only move used to be growl and disable, the latter of which got him out of sticky situations, but he has just recently learned a couple moves. Still, he wants to become strong enough to defend himself and someday evolve into a Gallade. This is the biggest reason why he wants to join the Guild.

Damien also has the ability to sense emotions, so he hopes he can use this ability as an explorer to tell the difference between good and bad Pokemon. His mom is sad that he is leaving, but also encourages it as she hates to see her son in pain.

Personality: Damien is a timid Pokemon. He drifts toward the nice Pokemon and away from the bad ones, due to his natural ability to sense emotions. However, sometimes he can be caught snoozing or day-dreaming, where he is unaware of what he is doing and manages to find trouble. His most common dream is evolving into a Gallade.

He can sometimes be seen as weird or awkward, but it is more just shyness. Most Pokemon are larger and this intimidates Damien. Also due to constantly being picked on, he had developed a fear for large Pokemon. He hopes that his adventuring will help him get over that, but he's afraid that it will get the better of him and cause trouble. The only larger Pokemon he isn't afraid of is his mother.

While scared and rather weak, his psychic powers can be useful. He can secretly use confusion to make people forget what they were thinking about, or use disable to make a Pokemon ill-able to use a certain move. When backed into a corner, literally, he can use teleport and escape in a pinch, along with anyone he is touching. However, it doesn't take a lot to hurt or scare him. A few decently strong attacks can cause him to turn around or even faint before he gets the chance.

Moveset: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Disable

Old 1 Week Ago (12:27 PM).
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
I'd lvoe to sign up for this. It sounds fun!
So without any further ado, here it is! The SU for Fogg, the oddball Gastly (get it? 'case he's a ball of gas, you know)

Name: Fogg
Pokémon Species: Gastly

Appearance: Looks like every other Gastly, except that the poisonous gas he has for a body is more of a crimson colour. He takes pride in this difference.

History: Fogg was the outcast by choice in his clan. While most Gastlys would leave the cave at nights, he preferred to stay inside and think. He developed a strong despise for his own kind and left his early home while his siblings were out haunting other Pokémon. He wandered around the world, thinking and looking for a purpose in life, but other Pokémon would look at him as a common Gastly (and usually run away in fear).
There came a day when he had enough. He gained a strong resolution to set himself apart from the common Gastly, or as he called them, “normies”. He vowed to make himself stand out, and the opportunity came when one night he arrived at Haven, where there was a local guild that trained Pokémon to become explorers. He was excited about the idea (smiling for the first time in a long while) and decided to work his way into becoming a formidable explorer.

Personality: Unlike normal Gastly, Fogg has a strong dislike of pranks and games. He dislikes the common Gastly and its behavior and calls himself Fogg just to make it clear that he is different; so don't ever mention that he's one. He seldom smiles, and is easily irritated by even the most harmless antics. He is somewhat of a loner, and on the times that he’s alone, he likes to meditate, and enjoy the silence.
Although he’s somewhat of a Grinch, he knows how to be a team player. He is sensible when it comes to making decisions and loyal to his teammates, even though he may not want more than to ditch them and go solo. His gassy body makes it easy for him to go over almost every obstacle, but for some odd reason he gets awfully hungry when he goes through solid bodies.
He’s also definitely not a morning person.

Moveset: Psywave (Egg), Lick, Hypnosis, Spite, Mean Look.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links