The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Starting Sunday, my activity will be slightly lowered because I am moving. Greiger and Megaman, if I don't post in two days feel free to bunny me and send me to the Suicune dorm. ;3

I'll drive to the cafeteria in my next post though! (not really *drive* but y'all get the point lol)
Old July 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
I hope I don't get booted from this rp, we had a really bad storm and I'm at the local hospital to charge stuff, not sure when I'll get power back, they said by July 8th
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:40 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Genevieve: Nope, you're safe~ I got hit with that storm myself.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
jackblaze
Greatness = Working Hard

Nature: Relaxed
I'm curious as to when the next IC day will start
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Jackblaze: IC days have tended to take a while, but it's evening now so it shouldn't be a great deal of time. I'd reckon before August to say the least. Right now I don't have a definite timeframe in mind, though.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
Umm.....can I reserve a spot for a student?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@ShayShayTheShaymin: Mmm...--Alright. Go ahead and fill out an SU.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Name:Holly Amarosa

Nickname:None

Sex:Female

Dorm:Entei

Appearancehe is kind of short for her age,being only 4'6 tall. She has dark brown eyes and long golden-yellow hair that she keeps tied up in two ponytails to keep it from dragging on the ground. She always wears shirts or sweaters with long sleeves to cover the scars on her wrist.

Personality:To say that she's shy is an understatement. She is basically scared of people. She has a slow temper,but will normally be the first person to panic when something happens. If someone makes fun of her because of her height,she changes into a totally different person. She'll attack whoever makes fun of her without a second thought. If anything happens to anybody that she cares about,she'll think about nothing but getting revenge.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?):Holly was born in Rustboro City. When she was a couple of months old,her parents were killed in an accident. Her older brother and sister decided to move to Striaton City. When she was three years old,she wandered into the Dreamyard and found a baby Munna. She ran home with it and asked her brother if she could keep it. He said that she could keep it and she named it Molly. She took Molly with her wherever she went. As she grew up,however she got bullied a lot for her height. She started to lock herself in her room and she refused to come out. She also started to eat less. Molly noticed this and tried to cheer Holly up. Holly just ignored her and started to cry. One day her depression got so bad that she started to cut herself. Her sister decided to enroll her into the academy. When she found out that Holly got accepted,she sent her to the academy with a gift:a baby Litwick.

Pokémon:
Species:Munna
Nickname:Molly
Personality:Molly is a very caring Pokemon who's willing to try to make everybody that she can happy.
Lvl:15
Movessybeam,Yawn,Psychic,Light Screen

Species:Litwick
Nickname:Lumina
Personality:Lumina is very happy-go-lucky and she's already trying to scare everybody.
Level:5
Moves: Ember,Astonish
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:46 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@ShayShayTheShaymin: Your SU is looking good--However, may I ask that you expand on the details of her history / personality somewhat more? It'll probably make your character easier to play if you do.
Old July 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

KKz.Personality: To say that she's shy is an understatement. She is basically scared of people. She's also kind of a crybaby. She has a slow temper,but will normally be the first person to panic when something happens. Sometimes when she's around a lot of people she'll start to freak out and have a panic attack and hyperventilate. If someone makes fun of her because of her height,though,she changes into a totally different person. She'll attack whoever makes fun of her without a second thought. If anything happens to anybody that she cares about,she'll think about nothing but getting revenge.

Holly was born in Rustboro City. When she was a couple of months old,her parents were killed in an accident. Her older brother and sister decided to move to Striaton City. When she was three years old,she wandered into the Dreamyard and found a baby Munna. She ran home with it and asked her brother if she could keep it. He said that she could keep it and she named it Molly. She took Molly with her wherever she went. As she grew up,however she got bullied a lot for her height. At first she ignored them,but after a couple of years she couldn't take it anymore. She started to lock herself in her room and she refused to come out. She also started to eat less. Molly noticed this and tried to cheer Holly up. Holly just ignored her and started to cry. One day her depression got so bad that she started to cut herself. Her brother and sister wanted to take her to therapist,but she wouldn't leave her room,so they brought the therapist to her. He suggested that they send Holly somewhere where she can learn that not everyone is bad. Her sister decided to enroll her into the academy. When she found out that Holly got accepted,she sent her to the academy with a gift:a baby Litwick.
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Gold19
Yes, I'm that One Guy

Oh guys and gal, I'm on vacation atm in Georgia visiting my grandma and cousins. So I wouldn't be able to post anything for awhile until Monday (hopefully).
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Ztar
Beginning Trainer

Name
Alex Felix Xavior

Sex
Male

Dorm
Entei

Appearance
tell can post it

Personality
Alex is always happy but silent person. He doesnt speak to anyone
unless he has something to contribute or not at all bc he just loves to
listen and now everyone is happy. he tries to confert his friends when
they are mad, sad, or fustrated. when he gets that way though he tries
to shut everyone out so he can deal with it himself so he can not get
his friends involved.

History
Alex grew up without a mother in the town of pallet. His father always
had to go out to work in the kanto region and sometimes in the other
regions also, so Alex was home alone alot. One day his father brought
home a pokemon Egg when he was at the Unova Region it was the farthest
he has been from his father and he wanted to give Alex a gift for being
a good boy. A deino had hatched from the egg and it was the start of
Alex Adventures. Deino and Alex came close friends exploring the bits
of places out side pallet town. but his father didnt like the idea of
his son going out in the world so he tried to keep them at home. Alex
was mad at his father for trying to stop him from being a trainer like
he always wanted but thats when a few of local people talked to his
father and he agreed to some freedom and alex finally was able to go

for becoming a pokemon trainer.

Pokémon 1
Deino
Personality
He is very protective of his trainer
Lvl(Max 25):
Moves:
Bite
Dark pulse
Dragon pulse
Headbutt
Work up
Scary Face

Pokémon 2
Chimchar
Personality
He is very Energenic and a trouble maker
Lvl(Max 25):
Moves:
Ember
Flamewheel
Double kick
Dig
Bulk up
fury swips

Pokémon 3
Beldum
Personality
Quiet and obediant never disobeays orders.
Lvl(Max 25):
Moves:
Takedown
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:00 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@ShayShayTheShaymin: Congrats, you're accepted!

@Ztar: Thanks! It'll take a bit of time for me to get a hold of Megaman765 for a second opinion on your app.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:09 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Before I post,can I be told where everybody is? EDIT:Never mind,I'll just wing it.

Last edited by ShaymieTheShaymin; July 5th, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: I just changed my mind.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Ztar
Beginning Trainer

i wanted to a one on one traveling rp thing but i have to do this XD
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayShayTheShaymin View Post
Before I post,can I be told where everybody is? EDIT:Never mind,I'll just wing it.
I have my student character Danielle at the cafeteria at the moment, while I have my teacher character Megan leaving the beach and grabbing some grub. I was thinking of steering Megan to the dock and have her notice an evening boat arriving Oak Island, and maybe that's where you come in?

Megan hasn't interacted with anyone except my own character, so this is my chance :D

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:26 AM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

My character's already started talking to two characters who are in a battle. Sorry.....
Old July 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM
NicholasGB
Poke trainer

Nicholas stone
Male
Four person 2 on 2 battle
I'll get these last four in a diff post
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
May I reserve a spot for one of the teacher/other staff?
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@silverexorcist: Sure!~ Go ahead and work on your SU.

@ztar: Alright--I was unable to get ahold of Megaman765 so I'm going to go on ahead and give you an answer. Unfortunately an appearance of some sort is required--If something is getting in the way of posting links I might recommend PMing me a picture. I have no idea what Skymin's stance on bypassing the no-link posting rule here, but if you ask me it'd be a great idea not to test those waters through trial and error.

Additionally your personality and history are somewhat short... Did you manually linebreak to reach the line limit? That's... um... cheating. o_o; In all seriousness though, I remove formatting when reviewing the length. I would heavily encourage you to expand on his personality and history more. It may seem like a pain, but developing your character more will make him easier to RP down the road, which will result in a funner experience.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Aloin D’Argent

Nickname: “Martial Priest”

Sex: Male

Job: Head of Disciplinary Committee and part time grounds keeper.

Appearance: Aloin has short, loosely styled blonde hair, light-blue eyes, and wears priest-like attire that makes him resemble somewhat of a Monk. He wears a white shawl that encompasses all around the upper part of his body from his neck to elbow length. He then wears a Deacon's cross with a Pokéball hanging from it instead of an actual cross. Under the shawl is a black, ecclesiastical robe. The sleeves of the robe have kanji meaning “Hoenn” on each of them. The front of the robe also has a portion made of grey fabric that almost makes the robe look like a double-breasted overcoat. This section of the robe has six visible black buttons on it that are symmetrically separated on opposite sides of the grey part to the robe. These buttons also have his nation symbol as a design. Aloin finally wears a pair of black pants, high boots, and a white Zucchetto for a hat.

Aloin has light blonde short hair that never poses any problems; it's cut low enough that it cannot be grabbed easily, nor does it get in his eyes, nor does it take him an obnoxiously long amount of time to wash it. Aloin's eyes as a light grey and he has sharp features that can make him intimidating at times.

A reference picture: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=65414

Personality: Aloin received his nickname because of his strict, yet kind, personality. Aloin is often very terse and blatant, always reprimanding students fiercely when they are caught breaking the rules in anyway, and always gives them the required punishment without a second thought. At the same time, he is very tolerant and understanding, willing to listen to people who come to him with problems and offer advice. While he does not condone rules being broken, whether they are the school rules or general rules followed anywhere, he prioritizes a person’s well-being above them, remaining resiliant to protect the students and allies alike. He has a tendency to face adversity with eager excitement, wishing to shatter through it with willpower that is manifested in physical combat. Though Aloin denies being reffered to as a 'fighting type master', he and his pokemon are experts in many martial arts and fighting techniques to combat any situation.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What washe/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their Pokémon?): Aloin was born and raised within Foretree, Hoenn, where he spent his childhood climbing high trees and playing with all sorts of forest Pokémon. He has always been an active person and enjoys the company of others who share his love of heights. After he turned ten, he decided to go on a Pokémon journey and travel to see the world beyond the tree houses he lived in. He was given a Makuhita as a gift from his father for his birthday, and this Makuhita became his partner Pokémon throughout his journey. Aloin traveled across the entire region, challenging gym leaders up to the point of reaching Tate and Liza. But he got involved in affairs related to Team Aquad and Team Magma, and had to put his journey on hold for the time being as he struggled to help contain the chaos Groudon and Kyogre created upon release. Though he didn’t play a particularly significant role in stopping the chaos, he was able to stop many of the Magma Grunts from assisting their superiors by holding them back with his own Pokémon. While his own Pokemon were undeniably stronger than the Magma Grunts', he was exposed to overwhelming numbers. Aloin was always accustomed to fair numbers, as he himself follows a code of honor, and faced difficulties fending off so many at a time. It was an experience he would never forget. The amount of energy and passion he exerted into the fight was beyond anything he had felt before. It was through that long battle as the elements raged around him that Aloin truly bonded with his Hariyama. By the end of the fight, the two were almost fighting as one, their minds and actions so finely tuned through empathy, that Aloin was unsure if he was even giving coherent commands, or if Hariyama had even waited to hear them.

After those events subsided, Aloin devoted himself to helping his hometown, Foretree, recover from the damage, thus missing out on entering the annual Pokémon League, twice. At the end of the second year, Foretree was finally restored to the point that Aloin no longer needed to stay. Aloin immediately challenged Winona, the gym leader, to a battle, wishing to vent out the uselessness he’d suffered two years earlier, frustrated that though he had finally merged with his pokemon in mind and spirit, he was not able to do more. Though their last battle had ended with Aloin’s victory, it was an almost effortless victory for Winona, who was furious by the end of it. She reprimanded Aloin for having lost his ‘edge’, saying that though he had never suffered a serious loss before, he was acting as if he could not win. In order to find his ‘edge’ again, Aloin left on a pilgrimage alone, only bringing his Hariyama with him. He traveled from Hoenn to several other regions, capture new fighting type Pokémon and training nonstop until he finally came to the Pokémon Academy, where he was offered a job. Aloin continues to reminisce about his time as a traveling trainer, wistful about having never finished his journey to challenge the Pokemon League.

(Heracles) Hariyama lvl 50: Arm thrust, vital throw, force palm, bulkup, knock off, whirlwind

(Lin-Lin) Medicham lvl 49: Psycho cut, bulk up, brick break, power trick, psyche up, thunder punch

(Hsien-Shao) Mienshao lvl 47: Wide guard, u-turn, jump kick, meditate, detect, drain punch

(Rocky Balboa) Breloom lvl 45: Mach punch, dynamic punch, seed bomb, mindreader, leech seed, stun spore

(D'Artagnan) Gallade 42: Psycho cut, heal pulse, leaf blade, fury cutter, memento, dual chop

By the way, I don't know if you mentioned this somewhere already (if you did, I'm sorry to say that I must have overlooked it :/) But are pokemon abilities and items involved as well?

Last edited by silverexorcist; July 9th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@silverexorcist: Oh yes--This looks lovely! You're accepted, and may begin posting as soon as you wish. Also, in response to your question. All abilities are available to all pokemon and you may handle them how you please. Dream World abilities are considered regular abilities.

Items are fully there, however using manual healing items during battle is not a legit strategy as any pokemon strong enough to warrant the use of them will simply overpower the healing effects and/or KO the active pokemon.

They do make an /excellent/ alternative to making your character visit a pokemon center after every battle though. Non-healing items work as intended and need no real further comment behind not using any items paired to legendary pokemon. |P
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

I think I'm gonna sit out fo the RP til the next day comes since I lack any more plots that can be initiated this day.
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:07 PM
CrumbledCandyWrapper
-being tossed on the pavement-

Nature: Lax
Could I reserve a spot as a student please?

And can RPrs role-play more than one OC??
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@CrumbledCandyWrapper: Yes, and yes.

The official limits are that you can have up to 2 students and up to 1 teacher for a maximum of 3 characters. Neither your second nor third character take up a spot on the available spots list, so they can be anywhere you want.

@Everyone: I've removed the RPer cap for now to allow more RPers to join, as you may have noticed. I will, as in the past, be trying to keep the three dorms of equal amounts by only increasing the cap once all three are full, though.

I haven't been booting inactives because of a huge, very powerful storm that swept across America recently, taking a terrifying amount of people's power / internet with it. I will however be starting to enforce that again soon.

Also, don't forget to put your pokemon teams on the Etherpad. A link to the etherpad is located on the first page.

In other news, whom would like an evening rocket spy to manhandle mischief up their day?

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; July 7th, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links