The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Advertise here
SD- i was talking bout those phones :3 hehe~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Nature: Relaxed
Hey all

Just posting to apologise for the unannounced absence over the last two weeks (ish?). Real life got in my way and unfortunately posting on here to give you all notice kept getting put off until it slipped my mind. Really very sorry and it shouldn't happen again. Luckily I wasn't interacting with anyone at the time.

I can now post regularly again and would like to know if there is anyone interested in interacting with George or if its so close to the end of the IC day that I should just send him off to the dorm?

Many thanks and again sorry for the lack of notice.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
You can interact with my Julius. He's reading under the shade of a tree, being the introvert that he is. He needs someone to bug him :D
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

You can also meet up with Danielle and Lucia at the Cafeteria, your choice though...but I think that's a lot of RP Characters in one place. xD
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Thanks for the offers both of you! I think you're right Meganium it would be getting a bit out of control if i was to join the party in the cafeteria and George will most certainly catch up with Lucia and Danielle in the future. So I'll take up the offer of meeting this Julius fellow if thats still okay with you Silverexorcist!

George's plans were to get some food from the cafeteria if i remember rightly but I'm sure he can change his mind! I'll work on a post tomorrow to explain exactly why he has taken so long getting back to the Academy and to have him bump into Julius for whatever reason i think up (possibly challenging with George also being a slight introvert although not to the extent Julius is if what i have read is anything to go by). Sure i can work something out but for now i need to sleep!
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:55 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@PinkSapphire & jackblaze: I'll post tomorrow since I'm going to work. I'll have Kilik get the news from his mother & have him re-introduce himself to Ruby & Jack!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Just imagine... if all 50 something characters in this RP got together in one place.

...*Shudder*

Something to avoid, methinks.

Anyway, the following users have been dropped for innactivity: kid mind, gunnerpow7, jrez, michaelatheuchicha

There are now a lot of spots open in Raikou dorm. o3o

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; July 12th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Can I sign up for Raiku?

Name: Artemisio Dell

Nickname: Arti

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raiku

Appearance: Arti is about 5'11", and wears flashy clothes like his father. He has long, curly hair, but keeps it in a ponytail underneath his hat. (really a green beanie) He has thick eyebrows, and green eyes. He is rather skinny, with almost no muscle or fat. He's skin and bones, so to say. He wears big, reflective aviator sunglasses when outside, and puts them on top of his head when not. He is very handsome, but also very young.

Personality: Arti has the need for everybody to like him. If someone doesn't, he does anything he can to win them over, even lie and pretend to be someone he isn't. He has problems understanding who he is, because he wears a coat of false personality to make people like him. He is quite humerus, and sometimes acts like a fool to make others laugh. He is a good artist too, and draws funny pictures to cheer people up. His biggest weakness is his habit of doubting himself.

History: Arti was born in Unova, and given up for adoption at birth. he never knew his real parents, but his adoptive father was a well known trainer in Burgh's gym, and artist, Garrett. Garrett raised him himself, and Arti learned a lot about art, and bug pokemon of course. But Arti didn't specifically like bug pokemon, he was more interested in ghost and psychic types, but didn't want to dissapoint Garrett, who was oh-so-proud of his bug loving son. When Arti was 9, Garrett's Leavanny had an egg, which was given to Arti as a gift. Arti was excited to have a pokemon, ghost or not, and fell in love with his Sewaddle when it hatched. The two became great friends, and Sewaddle went wherever Arti went, usually attached to his shoulder. Arti battled challengers of the gym, along with others before they could challenge Burgh himself. Arti wasn't particularly good at battleing, but over the next 4 years he got quite good, and decided to challenge Lenora in Nacrene city when Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon. He lost, miserably. He returned home, crestfallen. Three weeks later, he received a letter inviting him to the pokemon trainer academy, from Professor Oak. Garrett was ecstatic, and gave Arti another pokemon, this time a Joltik. Arti accepted Joltik, still trying to make his father happy, and thought that if he went to this academy, he could catch all kinds of psychic and ghost pokemon. He left on the S.S. Aqua a few days later, bringing his two pokemon and his sketchbook with him.

Pokémon: Swadloon, Joltik
Species: Swadloon
Personality: Swadloon is a very affectionate pokemon, especially towards Arti. They are always together, and are great friends. In battle, Swadloon is very aggressive and serious. He always does what Arti says, because over the years Arti has proved to be a good trainer and decision maker.
Lvl 25
Moves: Bug Bite, Razor leaf, protect, Energy ball, Camouflage

Species: Joltik
Personality: Joltik is very energetic, but because of his short time with Arti, he doesn't completely trust him, often electrocuting him for laughs. He does, however, battle seriously and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the fight. This doesn't mean he always listens to Arti though, and often does what his instincts tell him to, ignoring his trainer.
Lvl: 18
Moves: Bug Bite, ElectroWeb, Screech, Pursuit

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; July 13th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
SD- but Ruby still knows him right? o3o i mean, not even one day has passed ever since you left xD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Won't be posting till Sunday night, just so you all know! (CCW, Greiger, Megaman, & jasonwolf) If you guys are planning to move on feel free to bunny.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
HunterZero
Maverick Hunting til the end

Hey sorry I kinda disappeared I was at a summer camp and they didn't allow me to sign in into anything. So what have I missed?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

So what do you guys think of my sign up? I know Pkmn Trainer Yellow has to accept it, but is it good? Or anything? Bueller?

Old July 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

My personal opinion is that, overall, it's of a good quality. My nitpick would be that in many RP circles, it's considered "not cool" to say your character is related to a character of canon. Gym leaders kids, Ash's long lost brother, Alder's Boufallant's groomer etc.

Doing this is often thought to be altering or deciding canon (fact) that we don't know. We don't know if Burgh has kids (I always personally assumed he played for the other team), so we shouldn't decide he does. This is partly to avoid confusion being caused amongst other roleplayers, but also for your own benefit. If the anime expressly states in one episode "Oh, yeah, Burgh. He has no kids." it leaves you with egg on your face and a defunct character.

That's just my experience though! Yellow and Mega may take a different view. Like I said, otherwise the SU is of a high standard imo. Maybe change Burgh to "an accomplished bug-type trainer" if it is an issue for others?

Hope this helps. It all comes from a good place, so please don't feel like I'm trying to bring you down!

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

I agree it is of good quality but would also advise you to stay away from close relationships with prominent characters from the games/anime/manga. Its tempting i know but is looked down upon in RP'ing communities because of the frequency such characters seem to also be Mary Sue's. This is not saying yours is (from what i have read it is nowhere near!). Still it's best to try and stay away from such stigma in my opinion.

To sum up see what Yellow and Mega think but definitely think about removing Burgh as the characters father. You could add a much more subtle relationship to Burgh such as him growing up in Castelia City and holding Burgh in high regard as an inspiration or something similar. Something which does not affect canon but would affect your character.
Old July 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
ahhhh *sighs* nothing like a good flip out. nothing personal grieger, but your character had it coming.
Old July 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
CrumbledCandyWrapper
-being tossed on the pavement-

Nature: Lax
*Reads Jason's post* ...

...O__O!!

Well things definitely took a major turn for the worse

Great first impression by the way. Pretty sure Grieger's gonna have something to say about THAT ... I'll hold out on posting until then. :D

Old July 13th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Oh, okay. If theres a problem with Burgh, I can change it to a trainer in his gym. Which is really what I should do anyway, I really only used Burgh because he was an artist, like my character. Also because he's well known. So, I'll just fix it.

And....I'm hoping for a lot of interaction with other RPers, so if anybody has an idea for us to meet up, please tell me. (once I actually get accepted, of course)

P.S. About Burgh and which team he's on...theres a reason Arti was adopted. Lets just say that

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; July 13th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Yeah, the flip out was awesome! I'll have fun letting Lucia react to it. Conflict just makes any rp very fun to me. :D
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
silverexorcist

On the topic of relationships to canon characters, I'd like to put my two cents in mostly for the sake of giving my opinion XD Personally, it's never bothered me so long as the relationship is concrete and isn't something you simply decided for the sake of giving you an excuse to make your character overly powerful, or something. But as mentioned, it would be bothersome if there is an official statement about your the person your character is related to that disproves your character's very existence. But rp's are mostly imaginative plotlines that deviate from the canon anyways, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal, in the end. (Especially since I have difficulties calling the anime in particular 'canon') But I digress, your bio looks good.
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
On the topic of relationships to canon characters, I'd like to put my two cents in mostly for the sake of giving my opinion XD Personally, it's never bothered me so long as the relationship is concrete and isn't something you simply decided for the sake of giving you an excuse to make your character overly powerful, or something. But as mentioned, it would be bothersome if there is an official statement about your the person your character is related to that disproves your character's very existence. But rp's are mostly imaginative plotlines that deviate from the canon anyways, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal, in the end. (Especially since I have difficulties calling the anime in particular 'canon') But I digress, your bio looks good.

Yeah, thats pretty much how I feel.

But, I'm not the only person here, and its not a big deal to me, so its no problem for me to have changed it. Like I said, it wasn't a selling point for my character anyway.

Old July 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
CrumbledCandyWrapper
-being tossed on the pavement-

Nature: Lax
Haha! It'd definitely be worth seeing!

Mark, Lusca and Danielle (Well Ozzy at least) seem to have no idea what to say with this. But I think I'll have Lusca say something about Isaac's little speech , cause it was kind of rude and random for him to "omg off" on Lucia like that.

Old July 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
The problem is I don't need mroe enemies. its getting annoying Isaac has like six, and I never intend it. People just turn his accidents into attacks on them and their values. I mean the potato wasn't even meant to do anything other then make Isaac come over and talk. I'm trying to fix it now with the others by using his sob story.
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Alright. Finally got my second opinion on Lieutenant Colonel Fantastic's app.

My reaction is actually more to the thread itself. While having prior interaction with canons is a death sentence in fanfiction, we're not writing fanfiction, and in fact the same rules do not apply. Two completely separate audiences expecting completely separate things, generally.

Besides, by the looks of it Fantastic has not done anything particularly out of character--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln West View Post
We don't know if Burgh has kids (I always personally assumed he played for the other team)
...Lincoln, y u no help end steretypes D;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
P.S. About Burgh and which team he's on...theres a reason Arti was adopted. Lets just say that :P

... I don't think you meant to imply exactly one of the several things you just implied.

BRB brainbleach

Regardless, considering what you just revealed it might be better if you did change that small detail yes. Just because it might cause some friction among RPers regarding proper treatment of major canons that I don't think either of us particularly want to deal with.

But hey, once you do that you can consider yourself approved.
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
silverexorcist

People and their personal realities over how characters should be like...psshhh! D:< I never understood why people tend to get angry when a cannon character isn't portrayed the way they want. I've seen characters portrayed very differently among canon manga, anime, games, and so on, and yet people decide that if it's not the way they like, they've got to make a problem out of it >.<

But yeah, you've got to take into account other people's opinions. As you said, Lt. Col. Fantastic (love the name, by the way) we're not the only ones here and the difference really doesn't matter, in the end.
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

So....you're saying once Arti isn't Burgh's son, I can join? Because I did that recently.

Oh...and sorry if my joke was offensive. I have nothing against the 'other team'. I just find Burghs position on it...humerous.

Oh! ninja'd (sorta) by silver! Thanks man.

And your name is cool too! LCF is an inside joke with my friend, whom I call Lt. Col. Amazing.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here