Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old July 13th, 2012 (07:41 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
*shivers* Yellow can I borrow some please.... I'm fresh out of brainbleach. Only got automatic facepalmer. It instantly smacks you with a plam tree whenever you need it.

anyway. You have any tips for not making everyone IC hate me. I have a terrible streak with it.
Old July 14th, 2012 (12:33 AM). Edited July 14th, 2012 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Lt. Col. Fantastic: Yup! Welcome aboard~ You may begin posting as soon as you wish. c:

Oh, and it's just the way you phrased it... It resulted in unfortunate implications. |D But yeah, clearly an accident. Regardless...

@Jasonwolf: Well that's a tough question. Most people want their characters to have enemies. It keeps things interesting. I myself am amused in a bitter-sweet manner that Valorie doesn't have more enemies than she does. Too many people are all love n' tolerance around her attitude. |P

It's rather difficult for me to answer that question without getting a glimpse into the minds of the RPers that chose to have their characters become his enemy, honestly. @_@

My first recommendation would be not to aggravate the RPers. An irritated RPer is likely to opt for less favorable reactions when plausible. I'd say that a sob story is often considered perhaps an overdone method of gaining sympathy and that you may want to try something a bit more ... humble? Lite?
Old July 14th, 2012 (01:46 AM).
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by jasonwolf:
*shivers* Yellow can I borrow some please.... I'm fresh out of brainbleach. Only got automatic facepalmer. It instantly smacks you with a plam tree whenever you need it.

anyway. You have any tips for not making everyone IC hate me. I have a terrible streak with it.
Well, think of it this way. If your character seems to be getting a bad rep around alot of characters even if its unintentional, make it a challange for him to fix that once he realizes that he might be approaching things the wrong way. Maybe he's doing it right and the people around him just react differently? Either way, think of it as a piece of development for your character. It makes him interesting to have a flaw like that.

Just look at it as a challange for your character to overcome and develop off of that. Maybe he could have a history of this kind of thing happening to him in the past? That could fit it well if you'd want to do that.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old July 14th, 2012 (03:14 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
@Yellow I didn't say which team Burgh played for, just suggested that it's a different one to my own. y u no help end assumptions? (You were right though.)

@the discussion at large; Canon characters in roleplay don't bother me at all. After all, we have mother&$£"ing Gary Oak as our headmaster of a fictional island. But as someone stated, people playing characters related to canon characters (when there has been no statement by canon that such relatives exist) very often goes hand in hand with Mary Sue's, and I've had bad experiences with that in the past. Not to say of course I believe the Lt. Col. would play like that, just that this has been my past experience.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old July 14th, 2012 (03:41 AM).
Fire and Blood

I'm basically parroting Lincoln here but I'll continue anyway.

I have no issue with people being related to canon characters. I am however wary of them because of past experiences with such characters being Mary Sues to the power of 10. Reading through the Lt. Col. 's SU it seems he'll not fall into this trap and as Burgh is not too major a character in Pokemon (relative to the leading characters of the anime/manga) I cant say i see too much of an issue with it.

My previous post was more of a friendly warning as to the prejudices of the RP community as a whole and as Pkmn Trainer Academy is a relaxed RP with some Canon characters involved i cant see anyone really having an issue here.
Old July 14th, 2012 (05:47 AM).
The Arianator

Does anybody want to give Arti a tour of the Academy? If so, we can meet up in the dorm area, and perhaps become friends (we'd be at least aquaintences, since Arti has a knack for getting people to like him)

Also, we could go shopping in Oak Town :D Thats going to be my next stop, after I get a good idea of where things are in the campus.

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 14th, 2012 (05:35 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
I solved it! All Isaac needs is a wingman! Orion is here to save the day. guys please have mercy on Isaac now. Orion will back him up, and then we can get off on the right foot.]

EDIT: please report the spammer/troll on the IC thread.
Old July 14th, 2012 (05:42 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
I'm wondering what's keeping jackblaze & PinkSapphire to post? :\ I know Pink's asleep right now, but I don't know what jack's doing right now.

Yellow, how do I get a Riolu egg again?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 14th, 2012 (06:36 PM). Edited July 15th, 2012 by Flyborg.
I was halfway to Gotham City

Nature: Lax
I think I'll get started with my first roleplay

Name: Wesley Stacker

Nickname: "Wess"

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: His most notable feature is his comically large blonde afro (which he has tried to tame and make less noticeable.) His square dark rimmed glasses and a gangly build definitely doesn't make him look like any less of a dork. He usually sports an striped blue button-up shirt with a white undershirt and tan khaki pants.

Personality: As bold of a hairstyle the guy has, Wess is a pretty introverted kinda guy. He usually prefers the company of pokemon then people; not to say he's a misanthrope, he just likes his friends at a manageable number. A bit of a slob, and could stand to shower more. He is laid back until an attractive girl shows up; he then becomes Flustered McFlusterd-pants. He has a bit of a tendency to be judgmental, jealous, and to hold a grudge, but he is kind at heart. He is very passionate about battling, but he's not in it for the fame and glory, he mostly sees it as good fun. He really doesn't care much for jock-like people due to bullying issues, so much that he barely gives them a chance.

And if you value your fingers, don't call him "Blonde-Fro"

History: Being born and raised in Gateon Port,Orre, specifically in Orre, being a trainer could get expensive if you were picky, what with pokemon import fees and all. sure there was wild pokemon, but they were too much of a hassle for most people to even bother catching. Wess' mother worked at the pokemon center as a receptionist while his father worked in the shipyard.

Pokemon training has been on Wess' priorities since he could remember. He got his first pokemon at 6 years old when his parents bought an egg from a merchant as a birthday present. The egg hatched into a scraggy and the two were inseparable ever since.

Three years later Wess won a junior's tournament hosted by the pokemon center and won a happiny as a prize. The following year the boy wanted to camp out at the cave pokespot see if he could catch something. After a month and a half of waiting, he snagged (Orre humor :B) a wooper.

He now wants to further his studies on battling and maybe make some friends (hopefully of the female variety.)

Pokémon:

Franklin the Scraggy

Franklin is energetic, mischievous, and Wess' closest pokemon. When out of his pokeball he is either goofing around with his trainer or Remedy, or getting on Muddy's nerves. He has a brother-sister relationship with Remedy, and tries to get Muddy to lighten up and stop being a prude

Lv25
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Payback
-Ice Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Double Team

Remedy the Chansey

Like most chansey, Remedy is a big round ball of optimism and joy. She also has an odd blood-lust hardly seen in her species and is always itching for a battle. Franklin is like a little brother to her and hates to see Muddy by himself all the time.

Lv23
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Minimize
-Sing
-Seismic Toss
-Dream Eater

Muddy the Quagsire

Muddy is a very cold and distant pokemon despite his friendly appearance. Most of the time he is with Wess, annoyed by his other pokemon's fun, being the prude he is. In truth, he excepts Franklin and Remedy as family, he just wont show it.

Lv22
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb
-Slam
-Protect
-Yawn
-Recover

I hope I did good. I will try my best to be active.
Old July 14th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
Greatness = Working Hard

Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
I'm wondering what's keeping jackblaze & PinkSapphire to post? :\ I know Pink's asleep right now, but I don't know what jack's doing right now.

Yellow, how do I get a Riolu egg again?
I've been waiting on pink to post for a couple of days and she hasn't said anything. I didn't want to skip over her or anything but she's taking kinda long
Old July 14th, 2012 (06:53 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by jackblaze:
I've been waiting on pink to post for a couple of days and she hasn't said anything. I didn't want to skip over her or anything but she's taking kinda long
She should be able to post by tomorrow, plus she'll have all day to herself.

~Dia+PS~
Old July 14th, 2012 (07:54 PM).
Greatness = Working Hard

Ok then well problem solved, patience is a virtue so by tomorrow we will get our little party started
Old July 14th, 2012 (08:51 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

@Everyone: My immediate issue with rules from the fanfiction community is that even there they're full of enough prejudice to kill a man. It's kind of dumb, if you ask me. There are already rules about using canon characters in a decidedly inappropriate manner here, we don't need extra rules to prevent people from breaking that rule. |D

Also, the misplaced post in the IC thread /clearly/ neglected to account for the fact that Professor Gary Freaking Oak is too cool for his own dozen boats. He rides across the ocean on a tauros--that's riding on a surfboard.

@ShinyDiamond: You can have an NPC give your character an egg for some reason, find an egg just sort of laying around somewhere, or really anything. There's no restrictions on eggs other than no pokemon that can't hatch from eggs.

@Lt. Col. Fantastic: I'm afraid my characters are stretched thin, or I'd do it. |P

@Flyborg: Wess... from Orre.
o_o;

Huh, well, it looks like everything checks out! Consider yourself accepted. You may begin posting at will.
Old July 15th, 2012 (04:49 AM).
The Arianator

So I guess I'm on my own here.

Thats cool guys, way to make the new kid feel welcolme

Just kidding, thats alright. I'll go...look at some trees or something

Old July 15th, 2012 (05:04 AM).
Fire and Blood

Well you're welcome to join me and Silverexorcist if thats okay with him.

Edit: Looks like you've been approached by someone but the offer is still open if needed!
Old July 15th, 2012 (05:31 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@Jack and SD- sorry that i took long time at posting ;;;; i have a big fight with my laptop and we might break up :3 but chances are we make up. (My laptop is stucking all the time and i might buy a new one so that i'm over with the problems for once and for all xD)

Anyways, i've posted now your turn guys
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 15th, 2012 (05:57 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
@Jack and SD- sorry that i took long time at posting ;;;; i have a big fight with my laptop and we might break up :3 but chances are we make up. (My laptop is stucking all the time and i might buy a new one so that i'm over with the problems for once and for all xD)

Anyways, i've posted now your turn guys
It would be jackblaze's turn to post now.

I can already see the order: PinkSapphire, jackblaze, ShinyDiamond. Basically, it'll be Pink to post first, jack, & then me. So right now I'm gonna wait.

@Yellow: Thanks for the tip!

~Dia+PS~
Old July 15th, 2012 (06:18 AM).
The Arianator

Quote originally posted by Arctos:
Well you're welcome to join me and Silverexorcist if thats okay with him.

Edit: Looks like you've been approached by someone but the offer is still open if needed!
Hey, thanks for the invite. If silver and flyborg are okay with it, the four of us could even meet up later. The more, the merrier!

Old July 15th, 2012 (07:22 AM).

@Lt. Col. My namesake, Lincoln, is meant to be back at his dormitory for the night (we're fairly close to wrapping up this IC day and moving onto the next one), but if you're struggling to find people to interact with I can have him go for a walk or something. My other character, Nika, is watching a Rocket Spy battle a Faculty member, so she's not likely to be dragged away from that for anything less than Genesect turning up.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old July 15th, 2012 (09:46 AM).

@Lt. Col. Fantastic: I'm down with that.
Old July 15th, 2012 (10:53 AM).
The Arianator

Alright, heres a plan, arti (me) and wess (flyborg) can go find our dorms together, and run into george and julius on the way (they could show us where the dorm is perhaps).

During the night, Arti is going to Oak Town to shop and explore. Anyone heading out after dark can bump into him and come along if they want. (Lincoln is wealcome)

Old July 15th, 2012 (11:08 AM). Edited July 15th, 2012 by Flyborg.

Sounds like a chance encounter to me, I'm in

Question: When and how do abilities come into play?

Old July 15th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
Fire and Blood

It sounds like the perfect chance encounter. Of course both George(me) and Julius (silverexorcist) are new as well so it may end up with all four of us stumbling around cluelessly looking xD
Old July 15th, 2012 (12:09 PM).
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
@Flyborg
Abilities activate as they normally would, depending on what they are. Example: A pokemon with water absorb would be healed by a water attack. Pretty straight forward, honestly.

And I have no problem with Julius being involved. He has a tendency to draw maps of his surroundings, so he'll be able to help out XD
Old July 15th, 2012 (12:25 PM).

@silver: Okay, I was wondering since we don't list them in the bios.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links