Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2012 (07:04 AM).
batmanvondoom
Unhatched Egg

Oh and a second question if you don't mind.

Do we pick a number of classes to take or are they all mandatory?
Old September 14th, 2012 (08:18 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by batmanvondoom:
Oh and a second question if you don't mind.

Do we pick a number of classes to take or are they all mandatory?
the GMs pick your classes at the start of the day. Sadly its random so you won't always get classes you want, and since some classes are lead by an RP teacher they won't always work out.

EX. Arctros holds biology class, and I attended it with one of my students and well my expectations were not what happened, but it wasn't my call so it was fine.

@Yellow do you plan to update the list of classes anytime soon?
Old September 14th, 2012 (09:00 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@batmanvondoom: I'm going to go ahead and approve your character. Welcome to the RP. Also, you are assigned a class at the beginning of each day that is mandatory IC, but your character has the option of skipping.

Other than that, you're free to make an NPC teacher teach your student character after hours or seek extra help from an PC teacher. (One controlled by another RPer)

Most students seem to spend a lot their time off doing their own thing however.

...I should really make a "How each day in the RP works" spoiler on the front page. o3o

@Atie: ...Alright. I'm going to have to deny this SU. Two immediate issues come to mind. The island described in the history doesn't really make sense... Pokemon are more than capable of traversing most whirlpools. What is this one, the maelstrom from WoW? And even if it was...-- It's not physically possible for an island to form in the eye of a whirlpool or for a whirlpool to form in solid ground. An island moving into the eye of a whirlpool would immediately disrupt it's flow and cause it to dissipate. Even disregarding the notion that pokemon can't simply surf/whirlpool/dive through it, you've still got an abundance of flying types that aren't even phased by it. Yet... nobody makes it there alive.

So yeah, the island seems to assume Pokemon don't exist or are kind of incompetent. It also kind of operates on some weeeird physics that I'm not sure I'm cool with.

The other issue is that he... is asked to strike down a scyther with a sword? ... Now, a sword is only as strong as the strength put into it. Your character is... a human kid right? That scyther is at least a dozen times faster, more agile, and strong enough to easily rend solid steel with his much, much more durable blades.

A human-grade sword swung by even a good sword user would most likely shatter on impact with a scyther's powerful carapace. A scyther is to a praying mantis what superman is to humans. Did his family /want/ him to fail? Because what they asked him to do is literally impossible. o_o

Lastly, the history and personality feel too short and the orthology of your writing... earnestly has me concerned that it will drive other RPers nuts. There's literally at least a dozen mistakes in the first sentence of your history disregarding the fact that the sentence structure itself is kind of a mess.

@Jasonwolf: What list of classes? The list on the first post? That's a list of NPC classes. It will never be updated with RPer teachers.

The character list on the first post contains a list of staff, all of which except Kiyoko have some sort of job at the academy. You can then contact the RPer to ask about their character OR look them up in the SU list which lists their actual job.
Old September 14th, 2012 (09:08 AM).
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
@PkmnTrainerYellow, I don't mean to be a bother but how do I start off my first post? Or is there something I was already supposed to do?

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old September 14th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Pat a good way to start off would be arriving by ship to the island and working off from there.

In other news, I recently requested a commision from a certiain Vay Demona on deviant art. Theres been a bit of a delay but she's sent me a sketch of Mark and Snype :D

I think its looking pretty sweet so far. I requested her to change up Snype's stance a bit but other then that, I think it looks pretty awesome :D

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old September 14th, 2012 (01:21 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@pat20cool: Well... introduce your character to the island and have them start doing something! I would recommend having them interact with anther RPers character. You can find helpful resources on the first post of this OOC such as the accepted character list for getting in contact with people you may want to have your character interact with.

You can also use the player SUs spoiler to find people's actual character SUs if you want in-depth information about a character without asking.
Old September 14th, 2012 (01:40 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

@yellow oh you have a single RPer under that list so I assumed you jsut hadn't updated it, and meant to. You may want to remove that teacher.
Old September 14th, 2012 (04:15 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@Jbsundown: I'll see if I can post tonight. I see the current post rate in your class has risen. I'll just think of a question Kilik can ask Mr. Ryan. Work can be a drag, but not all the time.

Yellow, I'm curious about something. Has anyone ever met a legendary in this RP, RPer or NPC? Even caught one?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old September 14th, 2012 (05:14 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

I was planning on having Orion meet Entai if he ever got the chance, but havne't asked yellow. though I guess this could be asking now.
Old September 14th, 2012 (06:47 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Jasonwolf: Aaah... that's actually straight from back when Jackblaze ran the RP. You're right though. I should probably fix that.

@ShinyDiamond: No. Legendaries are strictly forbidden. An exception was made for N and Hilda, because you can't really have them without their legendaries. (Or at least, you couldn't at the time. *COUGH SPOILERS*)

@Jasonwolf: That being said, legendaries in RP are an extremely controversial subject that I can almost guarantee would cause some people to become pretty upset. I can't approve a request to meet a legendary.

The issue is that people tend to expect legendaries to be extremely powerful boss-types, which is quite frankly wrong to the most extreme degree. The issue being that people have difficulty... getting that. If I were to put a legendary in that didn't happen to literally be arceus, it would most likely get easily overwhelmed by any given teacher due to the fact that a full or mostly full team still has an /EXTREME/ advantage over a pokemon that happens to be somewhat stronger than normally plausible. People would then complain that making legendaries relatively incapable of taking on a decent team of pokemon takes away from their majestic nature or something like that.

But... I mean, that's how legendaries are supposed to be. I do not like the idea of godmodding legendaries around to make them seem like something they're not. So yeah, that's the issue basically.

The other side is that other people hate feeling like legendaries are game breaking in terms of their power. Some also think legendaries are cliche. So if I include them, there's really no way to avoid upsetting people.
Old September 14th, 2012 (06:54 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

I didn't want to fight it. Orion is way too classy for that. His whole backstory is living around a volcano and well Entei is the volcano pokemon, and woulld be a great bit of RP for Orion.
Old September 14th, 2012 (06:58 PM).
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
For those interesting, I'll be having Lucia stay at the center for a bit. If anyone wants to interact with her then go on ahead.
Old September 14th, 2012 (09:59 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Really then. 'Cause I was hoping to get Kilik to meet with a Celebi, & then go back in time to prevent his dad going to the hospital, that way his parents would definitely come for Thanksgiving.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old September 15th, 2012 (01:48 AM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed
I'm having trouble seeing the picture Mega. Not sure if others are having difficulty too.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old September 15th, 2012 (04:38 AM).
Jbsundown

@ShinyDiamond Don't worry, I know how you feel The question doesn't specifically have to be about Lugia though, any Legendary will do

Completed Challenges:
Legendary Trio: Crystal; Moltres, Lugia, Raikou
Username Challenge: FireRed
Old September 15th, 2012 (04:46 AM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed
I've been trying to get some work done of Nika's wiki page today. If anyone cares to, please take a look and let me know what you think! Criticism, advice and suggestions are all welcome!

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old September 15th, 2012 (04:53 AM).
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

@Lincoln West Yeah, I can't see it either. :/
Old September 15th, 2012 (10:43 AM).
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Ah Crap Baskets. Lemme try again.

Theres Mark and Snype. Hope it works this time.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old September 15th, 2012 (11:24 AM).
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Yeah, you got it this time. Looks like an awesome sketch man!
Old September 16th, 2012 (04:32 AM).
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
In my Sign up I said I was in the Suicune Dorm, could I change that to the Raikou dorm? I didn't realise which one was more advanced at the time.

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old September 16th, 2012 (01:17 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Pat20cool: Yeah. Go ahead and do that. I don't mind.
Old September 18th, 2012 (07:38 AM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave
I'm gonna go ahead and take a brief hiatus from the roleplay. All three of my characters (Danielle, Megan, and Drew) are not interacting and therefore resting up. xD So this gives me a chance to take a break and get back on track with schoolwork and finish up other things (including the PCX events I've volunteered to host). So, I'll return in two weeks or maybe a week and a half. If I don't get back by October 1st, then you can just drop me. xD

Old September 18th, 2012 (08:21 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Wait, so... Is there some legendaries thing going on I didn't know about?

Old September 18th, 2012 (08:55 AM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I really think if legendaries were in this rp, then it might cause some trouble, because some people would want to catch them which wouldn't be fair, and I agree with yellow that it might upset some people, I for one have no desire to see any legendary Pokemon.
Old September 18th, 2012 (09:39 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

If I don't get people for my club I think I'm gonna have to go back to normal classes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links