< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting Pokémon  The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old September 18th, 2012 (11:20 AM).

Wow! Can't wait!

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Cody Spirit

Nickname (Optional): N/A, goes by Cody

Age (10-15): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Red hat w/ blue Poke Ball design on front, Brown hair w/ blonde highlights, light tan skin color, light blue t-shirt, denim shorts, red/white/gray running shoes.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Cody is kind, caring, but most of all, brave.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Cody grew up in an orphanage in Johto, location: Unknown. He grew up alongside other orphans, but mostly Rick Texan and Tia Carter. Cody, Tia and Rick trained together in the art of the aura, alongside a talking Lucario, since they each were about eight. Cody, during the time he was at the orphanage, gained the friendship of a orphaned Eevee, which when he began his journey, came back for to become his first Pokemon. Cody then came to the academy to learn how to care for his Eevee, and be a better trainer.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Eevee
Nickname(Optional): Cassie
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Cassie is very friendly towards Cody, Tia and Rick, but no one else unless she gets to know you.
Lvl(Max 25): 22
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Swift, Shadow Ball, Protect, Bite, Iron Tail, Dig
As the young Latios lay injured in the snow, a young trainer by the name of Cody Spirit, somehow felt his pain, and heard him in pain. Cody took the injured pokemon into his care, and nursed him back to health. When it came time to say good bye to the young Latios, Latios replied, "I do not wish to leave you. I wish, to be your partner." And it was thus; the Spirit Trainer was born.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 18th, 2012 (7:19 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
So Yellow. Where can Kilik find Valorie & Kiyoko? Class is over, so I'm ready to ride on! :D

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+RS~
Old September 18th, 2012 (8:34 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
So Yellow. Where can Kilik find Valorie & Kiyoko? Class is over, so I'm ready to ride on! :D
You also could have asked me, Denny. They're outside (Whoever Valorie's teacher is)'s classroom, pretty much on and beside a table on the end of the hallway.
Old September 19th, 2012 (12:18 PM).

alright after fixing my computer I'll try to get an opening post up in the next few days but I'm stupidly busy at college so it may take till end of the weekend.
Old September 19th, 2012 (1:46 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Spirit View Post
Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Cody is kind, caring, but most of all, brave.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Cody grew up in an orphanage in Johto, location: Unknown. He grew up alongside other orphans, but mostly Rick Texan and Tia Carter. Cody, Tia and Rick trained together in the art of the aura, alongside a talking Lucario, since they each were about eight. Cody, during the time he was at the orphanage, gained the friendship of a orphaned Eevee, which when he began his journey, came back for to become his first Pokemon. Cody then came to the academy to learn how to care for his Eevee, and be a better trainer.
Uh... no. I can't approve this.

A second problem: I'm not willing to approve a 'talking' lucario. Even if you meant to imply telepathy, telepathic lucarios have been played drier than the hottest desert. I feel the need to put a foot down and say "No more. This is out of control."

@ShinyDiamond: What WolfOfEve said. Valorie and Kiyoko are in the academy hallways. Find your way to them at your own freedom. Be warned I'm not exactly posting every day right now.
Old September 19th, 2012 (2:02 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I've always wondered about talking pokemon. Is Meowth of Team Rocket the only one with actual genuine speech (all the others using forms of telepathy etc.)? They go to quite a bit of trouble to point out every episode just how unusual this is. Are there any other examples?

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old September 19th, 2012 (2:05 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln West View Post
I've always wondered about talking pokemon. Is Meowth of Team Rocket the only one with actual genuine speech (all the others using forms of telepathy etc.)? They go to quite a bit of trouble to point out every episode just how unusual this is. Are there any other examples?
Fair warning, Marin prefers Game Canon over Anime Canon.

Talking Pokemon is sort of... Impossible. There are some instances, like telepathy, where Pokemon can speak through others' minds.

Aaron's Lucario is one of those few Lucario who know how.

As for just plain speaking it, no.
Old September 19th, 2012 (3:24 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Lincoln: In the anime, meowth is the only pokemon with genuine ability to talk yes. Even his clone can't talk. Apparently Meowth tried so hard to learn that his sheer effort overwrote reality, or something.

The games officially specified which pokemon can learn telepathy in generation 5 by introducing it as an actual ability. They're all psychic types. I've just grown... increasingly frustrated with talking lucario, as Aaron's was in fact supposed to be unique just like Meowth. There is not supposed to be any other lucario that knows telepathy. We've got at least a quarter of a dozen pokemon playing that card, perhaps more like half a dozen.
Old September 19th, 2012 (3:42 PM).
Beary Classy
ModeratorCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Lincoln: In the anime, meowth is the only pokemon with genuine ability to talk yes. Even his clone can't talk. Apparently Meowth tried so hard to learn that his sheer effort overwrote reality, or something.

The games officially specified which pokemon can learn telepathy in generation 5 by introducing it as an actual ability. They're all psychic types. I've just grown... increasingly frustrated with talking lucario, as Aaron's was in fact supposed to be unique just like Meowth. There is not supposed to be any other lucario that knows telepathy. We've got at least a quarter of a dozen pokemon playing that card, perhaps more like half a dozen.
What's more, even if one were to go beyond game standards, having telepathy alone doesn't imply that the pokemon is able to interact with humans, in the instances that it is shown, the pokemon have knowledge of human speech before humans can actually understand them.
Old September 19th, 2012 (3:50 PM).
The Prodigal Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
May I weigh in? I think the ability doesn't define enough pokemon that can understand humans, and relate their thoughts back. For example look at Ralts. It can't talk to a human, but its skills with empathy let it know just how it needs to act to make their trainer happy. whether it does or not is a different story.

So certain pokemon and certain legendaries have full telepathy, and can communicate both ways (allowing the human to telepath back for some). Some just read minds cause they can like abra. Others just can talk somehow. Not common pokemon like meowth, but the odd one or two can.
The hearth always feels warmer after long absence.
It's good to be back.
Old September 19th, 2012 (8:02 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Yellow & Wolf: Ruby has interacted with Kilik, so he'll meet up with you two later.

Wolf, you recall that Kilik only knows Kiyoko in his human form, right?

~Dia+RS~
Old September 20th, 2012 (12:33 AM).

I do seem to recall the anime stating that Meowth worked so hard to learn speech it's kind of... filled his brain to capacity, so he can't learn any pokemon moves beyond the ones he knew when he started. I think Fury Swipes is the only one - and even then it may not be a move. It may just be Meowth going crazy with his claws.

Does the same rule apply for humans who can understand pokemon? It seems like we have a few of those wandering around PTA, and to my knowledge N is supposed to be the only one with this ability.

I'm not singling anyone out, just learning! Cheers for all the responses guys.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Old September 20th, 2012 (8:17 AM). Edited September 20th, 2012 by Rose Quartz.
I will kill the strong ones

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@SD - actually... i hoped Ruby and Hikari could come along ;;; is that a problem...?

@Lincoln- i guess you are talking about Ruby...? ;; i'm sorry if she bothers you, though, theres a reason behind this ability which i wont spoil just yet… dont worry… i wont overdo it with her, she wont be one of these "over-powered" characters

Uhmm… i see alot of other people have problems with my characters…
Old September 20th, 2012 (8:28 AM).

I couldn't remember whose characters I'd seen with the ability, but sure, I guess Ruby was one of them. I in no way have a problem with anyone having this ability, all I'm trying to ascertain is how common/uncommon it is - primarily so I can have my characters react appropriately.

If this is something that, so far as we know, only N has done, then I know to have Nika/Lincoln react as if this is the case. If on the other hand it is very rare, but a few others have done it, then... well you get the idea.

Old September 20th, 2012 (8:31 AM).

@lincoln- i get your idea, though i cant remember anyone but N with this ability before i joined… so i guess im the one who started this, so… sorry for that
Old September 20th, 2012 (8:58 AM).
King of the Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
Yellow & Wolf: Ruby has interacted with Kilik, so he'll meet up with you two later.

:P Wolf, you recall that Kilik only knows Kiyoko in his human form, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
@SD - actually... i hoped Ruby and Hikari could come along ^^;;; is that a problem...?
Good lord, PTA needs a "Kiyoko Fan Club". I had forgotten how much people had obsessed over him.
Old September 20th, 2012 (9:37 AM).
The Prodigal Chronicler

I only got involved with that zoura way early in his appearance. Isaac helped resesitate him when he washed ashore.

Besides that haven;t been involved, so why do did you ask me Diamond?
It's good to be back.
Old September 20th, 2012 (10:21 AM).

@jasonwolf- he meant WolfOfEve better known as Akio-kun xD
Old September 20th, 2012 (4:09 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

@Pink: xD Did I forget to ask? Man, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come! Lol~

@Wolf: Bring back all the fans of Kiyoko! They must join us! xD

@jason: ;; Did I agree to meet up with you? Geez, I have to much to do for Kilik in one day, it seems. I'll have to plan this out, but Kilik &... O.o I forgot your character's name already! ;; Wow...hee hee... Anyway, they'll meet up later. Isaac, right?

~Dia+RS~
Old September 20th, 2012 (4:31 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Modest
Hey everyone I'll be gone tomorrow and Saturday Just wanted to let you all know
Old September 20th, 2012 (5:13 PM).
The Prodigal Chronicler

sorry. I'm on a couple of forums so I've gone by multiple nicknames for Jasonwolf.
It's good to be back.
Old September 20th, 2012 (6:50 PM).
Crystal Tier

@WolfOfEve: Luckily I was around to remind you, right?~

@PinkSapphire: This discussion arose because of an issue in a Sign-Up. Nobody even mentioned your characters. Also if I seem to recall, your character's pokemon don't use telepathy. Your character understands their Pokemon's natural speech instead, which is actually much different and not currently an issue. Also, I'm pretty sure Fuyu's character Skye has the bragging rights to being the first character with that power.

@Everyone: But yeah. I think I need to put a cap on "Non-psychic pokemon that can speak to humans" for the sake of suspension of disbelief and making sure the standards of character quality aren't undercut. I will not however be putting a cap on "Humans that can understand Pokemon.". So yeah. That means no new characters will be allowed to utilize that...power.

Quite simply the latter isn't done as much and doesn't result in Pokemon parading around acting like they're just like humans. (Because nobody else would understand them!)

Anyway...
Old September 21st, 2012 (7:31 AM).
King of the Hell

Now Valorie is going to have all that attention as well.

Also, I thought of something I'd like to make a point of.

Let's use the Anime's Meowth as an example.

There are real-life cases where some animals, if taught well enough, can in fact learn English. It's possible, but would take a lot of nonstop training and the Pokemon has to be very, very willing to learn.

Thoughts on this?
Old September 21st, 2012 (7:55 AM).
The Prodigal Chronicler

animals seem to be able to learn our language, but re-iterating it is the hard half. its like a person learning how to do different voice. I for example can go from normal to Igor to a chipmunk without an issue, but I've been practicing to get a variety of voices. A pokemon that is used to having a specific voice and speaking one way for all its life would take a ton of time to learn english, and meowth did.
It's good to be back.
Old September 21st, 2012 (9:33 AM).

@Yellow: oops ; then ill apologize for that for thinkinh my character was the first one ;;
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links