The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Howdy all. I have reurned, yet again. Good news is that I'm back for good now. If I've still got my spot, then I'd like to pop back in. If not, please resrve me the last Suicune spot.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Nideous: As I totally just pointed out in the RPD, yes you still have your spot. Welcome back! I was wondering when you would return. I hope thi time you'll be around for a nice long time. |P
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Nideous

Well, seeing as how I'm out on my own and paying for net myself I should be. And I just noticed you said that. It's good to be back, now I need to think of a clever way to reinsert Drake and Bri into the RP. I'm dropping Quin altogether.

Old October 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Nideous: Well look at you!~ I'm glad to hear it. It's always a crying shame when veteran RPers leave. I still miss SelenaStar constantly. It's currently Thanksgiving in the RP. I thought you should know that. Time passes slow-as-whatever in the RP. I'm still playing Valorie, whom Drake has cemented a permanent place in her thoughts and still wears that half-cape. I honestly forget what else you might have missed that you might want to know.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Nideous

lol, really? x3 Well, I know how to bring Drake back. After his encounter with Val he went home to get a few things and it took him that long to get back. He also is battling again thanks to her. He might be slightly different than the defeated trainer he was last time. And thanks for telling me the RP time. I appreciate it. And SelenaStar was cool.

Old October 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Nideous: Mmhm~ I decided to integrate holidays, which due to how slow days pass required a bit of... convenience. Therefore holidays happen almost every other day or every couple of days depending on the actual timegap. I was just considering granting teachers a free 5-10 levels (Via raising the starting level) which would add onto whatever he already had (I can't remember if you put Drake's levels in the etherpad. We had the etherpad before you left right? If not, it's on the first page of the OOC and also here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/KJyhsAn91g )

I'd certainly like them to meet up sometime.
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Nideous

No I didn't put them in. But I've been keeping track of them myself and posting them everytime they level up. Either way, once I find my old notes I'll be back in business. And I would love them to meet up soon. x3

Old October 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Nideous: We don't post them in the OOC anymore because it caused flooding and senselessly placed the work on my shoulders to go put them in via PC's laggy post edit feature. ^^; Valorie is currently in the academy's main office with her mother and a group of other students consisting of, if I'm not mistaken, Mark (Megaman765) and Kilik. She also has WolfOfEve's character Kiyoko in her posession, PTA's only non-human main character. (A zorua)
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Nideous

Well, my comp lags a lot. Would you mind if I kept track of it myself, and put it in my sig or something? I don't want to add anymore on you, but I don't think I can use etherpad.

Old October 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
I would like to join but i have never done anything like this before but it seems fun, so any tips and or things I should know would be appreciated. If you want to contact me pm me as i have a hard time finding threads after I post on them.
Character
Name:Aaron Field
Nickname:Hart
Dorm:Raikou
Appearance:Average height and weight short brown hair old dirty clothes.
Personalityhy but when in tense situations very rash, doesn't miggle often keeps to him self. He does not allow any one to touch him. His strength is being a loner but it is also his weakness. Finds most human relationships to be a waste of time, values anything he can get. Considers him self weak and constantly trains to become in his mind strong. Easily infuriated, hates to lose to those he thinks do not deserve to win.
History:He grew up in a small house with his mother and father until they made him come here so he could live in better conditions. Was brought up in poor conditions and forced to work odd jobs to help bring home money. He strives to become strong so he can one day come home and take care of his parents. His father had an electabuzz but was forced to sell it to continue to buy food. A recurring job he had was to tend a women's garden so he is good at growing berries. Often stole things he wanted or needed. When he was 10 a mysterious egg appeared on their door step, he cared for it when he had time and cared it with him where ever he went. This egg eventually hatched into a dratini.
Pokemon
Species: Dratini
Nickname:Luck
Personality:Caring, always puts Aaron before herself. Only eats berries made by Aaron.
Lvl:25
Moves:Aqua tail,dragon breath,iron tail,heal pulse
Species:Bulbasaur
Nickname:None
Personality:Listens to Aaron without question,eager to fight. Followed Aaron to the school without him noticing.
Lvl:20
Moves:Razor leaf,vine whip,stun spore,tackle
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Woohoo Welcome back Nideous :D Good to have ya around

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 29 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Nideous

Awesome. Can't wait to rejoin. I'll post probably soon. Not sure when though. x3
any other free levels I should know about for Drake and Bri and their teams?

Equals, I appreciate that you are new, so let me just tell you that your SU needs quite a bit of work. Let me find that thread I refer all newcomers to for you, ok? It'll give you some tips on how to make it better. And welcome to the world of RPs. I hope you enjoy them.

Edit: I believe this is it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287790

Last edited by Nideous; October 25th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:04 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Nideous: Very well... do it how you need to. Also, look at you, stepping up to the plate? I think I'll just go ahead and say you're right and let you do your thing.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Nideous

I will, no worries. And you already said I could come back. And what do you mean, say I'm right and let me do my own thing? Are you talking about Equal? I always try and guide newcomers like that. x3 Anyways... I'm confused now.

Old October 26th, 2012, 06:40 AM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
I would write more tonight, but I've had a busy week. And I'm going to my Ex-Girlfriends Formal/Prom. Let's see how this goes!

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
She also has WolfOfEve's character Kiyoko in her posession, PTA's only non-human main character. (A zorua)
Woo, special~!

Anyways, I had made Kiyoko ask a pretty odd question.

Old October 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Sorry it took a while, thanks Megaman!
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:25 AM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
Wooohoooo I re-did my post
Am I accepted yet?

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:43 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Here is Dranaxe SU, since editing a 2 week old post and making us search for it instead of just posting it is a real pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaxe View Post
Spoiler:
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):azur flyalls

Nickname (Optional):azurdly

Age (10-15):14

Sex (Male or Female):male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Like this but with darker hair and a scar down his right cheek.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Although having a serious side, azur loves to help people. However he can be too helpful, and that led him to believe he was a failure in life. After he regained his confidence he went on to become an intelligent boy, although he can be a bit boastful at times. He is always optimistic and very friendly. He likes to battle and always rewards his Pokémon after a battle, win or lose.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): azur was born in the jhoto region but quickly migrated to hoenn where he befriended a metang by rescuing it from an abandoned part of machinery, soon after he found metang; he was 10 and was given some pokeballs, so he caught metang. A year later, they emigrated to unova by ferry, where a lone zangoose found its way into one of azur's pokeballs after mistaking azur for a person who saved him from a gang of seviper. Arriving in unova, and shocked by his new Pokémon, he befriended a joltick, who he soon caught. Then his parents split up and he was put into foster care, until he ran away, tracked down his mother and lived with her for a while. Finding out his mother had a criminal record was life changing, he ran away from her, and slept rough at the Castelia harbour. He awoke on a boat to the Pokémon trainer academy.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:metang
Nickname(Optional):magneto
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):magneto is very happy go lucky but can have a serious side.
lvel: 24

Moves: take down,metal claw, magnet rise and brick break

speicies:zangoose( zangoose has black zigzags down his body)
nickname:evyl blaydes
personality: evyl blaydes loves to fight, but is very caring too and will do anything to protect his master
moves:slash, fury cutter,swords dance,poison jab
level:20

species: joltick
nickname:elespider
personality: elespider is very stubborn, but loves to eat and meet new people
level:20
moves:electroweb, screech, bug bite,energy ball

hope it is OK
credit to pokecharms for the 2 epic sprites i have used!
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:33 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I promise to post soon, right after work, which is at 9 PM. I just hope things go smoothly from here.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaxe View Post
Wooohoooo I re-did my post
Am I accepted yet?
Erm... your SU dosn't seem to have much changes and it still has the problems previously stated. you SU is a few lines short still and I still find it not that believeable that a Zangoose of all things "found their way" into his Pokeball like that. That just isn't how it works.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 29 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:05 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@Megaman765: I've included Mark in my post. xD I think you'll find my post intriguing!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:44 AM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
actuaally think of may's skitty.

so yes it was logical

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Jbsundown

I've been away for a while. But I hope to be back now! :D

@All in Ryan's first class; I'm going to mark your character's quizes and then they will be sent to you from Ryan's Charizard!

Completed Challenges:
Legendary Trio: Crystal; Moltres, Lugia, Raikou
Username Challenge: FireRed
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Danaxe: Alright... first of all from a quick look at May's wiki page I can determine that her skitty did not in fact simply "find it's way into" her pokeball. Now, if I can check your facts with a simple google search, what's stopping you from doing the same?

I don't have quality standards to be mean; I have quality standards to keep the roleplay healthy and enjoyable for it's RPers! A roleplay where anyone can /literally/ do anything they want inevitably results in the quality of RP dropping and RPers trolling eachother. Pokemon literally walking their ways into pokeballs all herp-de-derp? That's pretty mary suish. Pokemon BW2 finally gave us a clear answer to the conflict of humans owning pokemon and that was that pokemon are more often than not happy to serve humans either way, but as a rule of thumb would rather do so outside of a pokeball given the choice.

That being said, second of all... Why would you sit there and listen to us tell you what needs improving, tell us you're going to improve it, and then change a bunch of stuff in your SUs except the actual things we pointed out as problems? I'm a very forgiving person, but if you're just going to disregard what I say then perhaps your time would be better spent finding and joining an RP where the GM doesn't care as much about it's RPers :l

@Everyone: A hurricane kind of wiped out my net. I hope to be back online soon enough.

Sponsored Links