Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2011 (10:15 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
may I please reserve the last remaining Raikou dorm spot?
Old October 23rd, 2011 (10:18 AM).
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Bri is going to start getting denied levels at around 40-50, except for Nova, Thyme, and Drizzle, who will go up to about 60, 55, and 55 respectively. XD Yup, Nova will be Bri's major powerhouse.

As for Quin, his pokemon will be around 55-65. He's pretty good, but not top tier. XD

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old October 23rd, 2011 (10:57 AM). Edited October 23rd, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@JasonWolf: Consider yourself reserved. I can't update the list from my phone, but you're reserved in my head until I get home.

@Everyone: I'd just like to reiterate that you must ask for permission to control the champions during a scene in which they battle. It's just a safety measure, honestly.

Also, after a few delays Bassiroth's student character is approved.
Old October 23rd, 2011 (11:45 AM). Edited October 23rd, 2011 by jasonwolf.
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Isaac Deladius

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 15

Gender (Male or Female): male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Entei

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

overall physical description: Despite his young age Isaac has some traits of people much older than himself. first of all his hair has turned a mysterious dark gray, second he has slight wrinkles coming away from the sides of his eyes, and lastly his determined scowl which makes him look at least ten years older. It is also easy to see the youth in him. His eyes glow like light shining through a rain cloud and the smirk he shows off to tell how he is feeling hold him to his childhood.

Clothing: He wears a pair of black jeans with lots of loops and pockets and a dull green colored T-shirt. Over this he wears his gray and black hooded jacket. He wears a pair of black hiking boots accented with little bits of dull green. Around his waist is a brown leather belt with quite the collection of pouches. A leather necklace hangs down in front of his shirt. At the end of the leather string is a old pewter figure that Isaac can not identify. He also carries a black and dull green satchel which holds his other items.
His other wardrobe consists of mainly dark earthy colored jackets and shirts, darker colored cargo pants and carpenter jeans, and more hiking boots.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):

Isaac is a strategist. He never goes into anything without a plan. He always goes out of his way to try out of the box ideas. His plans help keep him calm in new and unfamiliar situations. Having plan is like a safety net to Isaac, even though he can succeed without it he is reassured by its presence. Isaac’s need for a plan sometimes makes him seems OCD, but his plans often only refer to pokemon battling or major parts of his life not everyday trivialities.

The biggest problems with Isaac’s plans are failure and unpredictability. Whenever a plan doesn’t turn out right Isaac can’t help but blame himself and feel as though he hasn’t done his best for his pokemon. Though the plans themselves are highly unpredictable when something happens that’s out of Isaac’s hands he again feels it is his fault for not readying for it.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Isaac is from a small town out in the undeveloped mountain forests of Johto. His father was a Pokemon Ranger Fiore, and that was most likely going to be Isaac’s future as well, but growing up in Johto becoming a pokemon trainer was the coolest. They got to do whatever they wanted, go where they wanted to go, and spend all the time they wanted catching and training pokemon. Rangers only got one pokemon and had to do it for a job not for fun.

After a long stalemate with his father over the subject they agreed that Isaac would be allowed to become a trainer on the condition that the next time his father had to go back to Fiore he would come and see what being a ranger was like first hand. It didn’t change his mind at all.

In his time being a trainer Isaac proved himself to a rather decent battler with a unique and new style. Being so far up on the mountains he had plenty of time alone with his pokemon, so he would consistently train them and himself every day. Isaac would have his pokemon go over specific combos, tactics, and match-ups as well as have them to basic physical training to help improve speed, strength, and skill. At the same time Isaac would practice his own skills and strength himself by training right along side his pokemon.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Quilava

Nickname(Optional): Raizer
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Raizer being Isaac’s starter is very close to him. Having spent a year and a half as Isaac’s only pokemon he has full confidence in his trainer. He does often worry about how stress Isaac can get after a plan fails, especially since Isaac isn’t the only one making mistakes. Raizer is very confident in his skills, and often over does it when battling which wears him out and makes him an easy target.
Lvl(Max 20): 18
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): smokescreen, ember, quick attack, dig, double team, aerial ace

Species: Trapinch

Nickname(Optional): Ace
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Ace is mute, and thusly has had to learn to convey his thoughts and ideas through other sources. Because he is mute Ace often tries to take in as much detail as he can before reacting since it is so difficult to communicate.
Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): bite, faint attack, sand attack, sandstorm, dig, earthquake

Species: Duskull
(has a blue eye instead of red. Seemed so basic I didn’t bother with a picture.)

Nickname(Optional): Specter
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Specter is a very curious pokemon and investigates everything he finds. Often he’ll follow new people around to learn about them, but in the end either creeps them out too much or gets them really angry.
Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): night shade, disable, confuse ray, shadow ball, dark pulse, thief
Old October 23rd, 2011 (01:08 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Jasonwolf: Thanks for your interest. Megaman and I will go over your app in the next few hours. c: Sorry about not being able to do it now. Limited phone functionality and all

@DeepImpact: Congratulations, Sam has become the victim of a crazy fangirl attack. XD
Old October 23rd, 2011 (01:47 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2011 by jasonwolf.
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

trust me its fine. my phone does absolutely nothing. I can call people and text. thats it.

EDIT: I just noticed that I had missed one thing about the dorms. I hadn't noticed that the dorms were based on the students capabilities. I had picked raikou since hes my favorite of the three. I'm gonna look over the dorms again and either repick or change my character a bit.

EDIT (again): ok I'm changing it to the Entai dorm. I figure Isaac would do awesome in the practical half, but he has such "wide" views on things that he'd completely screw up the written half.
Old October 23rd, 2011 (02:02 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

No problem Jasonwolf. C:

Also, these huge joint posts. That's another reason why I try to limit how long people can spend making them. Throwing huge posts out there like that is painful for others to read all at once. No offense, Selena and Megaman. l3
Old October 23rd, 2011 (02:10 PM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Sorry about Hunter's and mine. I have no clue where he is. Nideous and I finished ours a while ago though.

Old October 23rd, 2011 (02:17 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

Yeah. It's no problem Fuyu. I already made a comment to Hunter about getting the JP done
Old October 23rd, 2011 (10:04 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
WOAH LANCE FAN APPROACHING!! I think this is gonna get both Sam and Valorie into a lotta trouble...
Old October 24th, 2011 (12:05 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

I guess that depends primarily on whether Sam fights back. |D But yeah, Valorie's probably going to get in quite some trouble.
Old October 24th, 2011 (01:09 AM).
SelenaStar
Who says you're not perfect?

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
It was brilliant XD I can only imagine Professor Oak's face when he saw that...

In other news, Selene is very nearly ready to take on Steven (in fairness, I've nearly finished the whole battle, but to avoid any further massive wall-of-text posts, I'm going to break it up into smaller posts)

With level capping...I hadn't really thought about where I was going to start denying levels...probably around 70-75 or something?
Old October 24th, 2011 (01:13 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Okay... another crazy idea by your crazy bully! Let's see what happens next... ;3
Old October 24th, 2011 (01:29 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

Aaah... I've got the levels for NPCs in my head, by the way. I figure I may as well throw that out there.

The teachers have pokemon at approximately level 45 (When I say approximately I mean within 5 levels)
The champions have pokemon around levels 70-77
Gary has pokemon around levels 80-87
The Dead Forest secret boss comes in two flavors. (Approximately 50 and approximately 75)

Those are pretty much the only significantly higher NPCs I've thought up. I suppose I'm currently thinking about future events. Currently my thoughts have drifted to an elective extra-curricular group that is basically all about traveling the island as a sort of vigilante force. They'd pick a goal they want to accomplish and pick from the students that show up wanting to help. There would obviously be a teacher there supervising them. The class would be called ...Er... I'll get back to you guys on the name. My brain is like, completely blanking on the word I want.

Basically? I'm trying to think of ways to give people a bit more food for thought when they're planning their after school activities.
Old October 24th, 2011 (02:10 AM). Edited October 25th, 2011 by SelenaStar.
SelenaStar

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Updating my team after last battle

Altaria (Blu) lvl. 40 - Safeguard, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Dragonbreath, Mirror Move, Aerial Ace

Lucario (Ri) lvl. 34 - Feint, Bone Rush, Earthquake, Aura Sphere, Foresight, Dragon Pulse
Raichu (Ryan) lvl. 47 - Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Feint, Light Screen, Surf
Kingdra (Sharpay) lvl. 41 - Hydro Pump, Octazooka, Aurora Beam, Aqua Jet, Twister, Dragon Pulse
Pansear (Gordon) lvl. 30 - Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Yawn, Bite, Torment
Kadabra (Cat) lvl. 35 - Teleport, Psybeam, Reflect, Drain Punch, Miracle Eye, Light Screen
Old October 24th, 2011 (05:02 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

Thanks Selena. Your team has been updated. Also, JasonWolf's character is accepted. c:
Old October 24th, 2011 (01:16 PM). Edited October 25th, 2011 by Fuyu.
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Updated Team! Will evolve Ellie shortly. XD So don't update yet.

Ellie (Espeon)- Level 20- Tackle, Flail, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, Dig, Psychic
Rama (Zorua) Level 23- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 26-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 20- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 17-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Growl

Old October 24th, 2011 (01:51 PM). Edited October 24th, 2011 by LawOfTheLand.
LawOfTheLand

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
Okay, ready or not (I'm probably in the latter category), here I come!

Name: Jonah Lincecum

Nickname: Jonny

Job: Techniques in Advanced Breeding

Appearance: When out in the field, he's the typical Breeder with a red head-scarf with a Poke Ball motif over work clothes, but in the classroom he dresses to impress with a dark three-piece suit, meticulously groomed auburn hair on both his head and face. The fullness of his beard in particular is the stuff of local legend. After all, an impressive-looking teacher might make the students that much more receptive to what he has to say.

Personality:
Jonah (or Mr. Lincecum) is the sort of person that has no use for rules if they happen to get in the way. He knows that what he has to talk about to the students is something not often discussed in polite society, so he has decided to eschew what is considered decent for scientific accuracy, even if there are a few uncomfortable giggles had along the way. Of course, dedicating so much of his life to the business of reproduction and the implications thereof has led him to be seen as something of a closet pervert, and the way he behaves when he thinks nobody's watching does nothing to set the record straight.

History: Born to less than reputable parents, Jonah was exposed from an early age to the dregs of society, but decided early on that he would be the one to make it out and be successful, if only because there was no way he could survive the rigors of life on the streets, with gang wars breaking out on a regular basis and the reports of gunfire being his lullaby. It wasn't easy, but a passion for knowledge combined with justified fear for his life at the hands of press gangs allowed him to barely escape the corrupt school administration and to the relative shelter of university. It was around this time that the habits that were ingrained into him--partying all night, sleeping around, and so forth--started to take their toll, until one fateful night when he hooked up with a woman that was going for a teaching degree. She was smart enough to egg him on, pressing him to do better in his courses with only the occasional tantalizing glimpse at her body as his compensation. This was the one woman that Jonah was convinced he could settle down with, but in the end, he found that she was just using him to win bets with her friends. Angry at himself, he sank into a year-long bout of depression, but was eventually roused out of it when he met a Trainer holding an egg. The conversation that followed from that led him to finish his studies, choosing to specialize in all the ins and outs of egg production and the various methods champion breeders use to demand top wages for their product.

Pokémon:
Species: Drapion
Nickname: Joker
Personality: Joker is always looking to play a prank on someone. Usually it ends up involving causing Jonah to be late for his classes.
Level: 48
Moves: Hone Claws, Night Slash, Slash, Toxic Spikes, Earthquake, Poison Tail

Species: Breloom
Nickname: Leonard
Personality: Leonard is seemingly always ready to fight. His few run-ins with Joker have shown that it's better to be ready for anything than to be caught off guard.
Level: 45
Moves: Substitute, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb, Thunderpunch, Worry Seed, Facade

Species: Gardevoir
Nickname: Heidi
Personality: Always demure and polite, Jonah considers her useful as a sounding board for his newest theories, among other things.
Level: 46
Moves: Heal Pulse, Psychic, Destiny Bond, Focus Blast, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt
Old October 24th, 2011 (01:57 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Well, if you look at my latest post... its an open invitation for anybody who wants to battle with Valorie and Sam beside their favorite idol Lance! :DDDDD

I bet Valorie would have very much liked that... but sorry Val, you're stuck with Sam ;)
Old October 24th, 2011 (05:41 PM). Edited October 24th, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

Sam just keeps stumbling into minefield after minefield, eh?

In other news. LawOfTheLand, you're accepted. C= Welcome to the club.
Old October 24th, 2011 (09:23 PM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

I guess he does xD Well, it's just how he works =D But what happens after the battle... Idk if Sam will survive xD
Old October 25th, 2011 (12:29 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

Minesweeper, the movie. Pokemon edition. |D
Old October 25th, 2011 (12:35 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
Minesweeper, the movie. Pokemon edition. |D
lol xDDDDDDDD

As everyone who read my post can see... (which is probably only 1 person lol) Sam is starting to show a rather soft side! :D CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ROX \m/
Old October 25th, 2011 (07:29 AM).
SelenaStar

All I will say is...

...wait until Selene finds out about what Sam said about her...

...she's not a happy bunny as it is, and when Valorie recounts the tale, she will be...furious.

I SENSE A RIVALRY.
Old October 25th, 2011 (07:37 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

SO DO I.

As soon as my battle with Lance is done, I think there are going to be a lot of fights and battles ='D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links