The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Kezius
Mime Jr.

Hey everyone, I'm returning to PC and would like to return to PTA, day hasn't changed since I left so I'm going to be using my old character (SU Below) Looking forward to RPing with you all, new and old.

Spoiler:

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):
Christopher Jacob Styles

Nickname (Optional):
Chris, C.J.(preferred)

Age (10-15):

Sex (Male or Female):
Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):
Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...s/CJStyles.jpg

That's Formal dress, normally will be wearing a V-Necked black T-Shirt instead.
5’10 with an athletic/not overly muscular body. Generally nicely dressed but not overly fancy.

Personality (How does your character acts and reacts to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

C.J. is mostly kept to himself, not anti-social, but isn't the type to start the social activities. He generally has an easier time befriending people he finds ‘beneath’ him. That is they either lack his general knowledge of Something or they can’t defeat him in a battle. Those that are the opposite and can challenge him one way or another are not doomed however. He has been know to get along with people that can challenge him if they share similar outlooks as him.

His personality may seem different from day to day where one day he may be willing to talk and the other he may just snub you and wander of to be alone. It’s borderline Bi-Polarism.

C.J. is not typically friendly during or after a battle and will avoid the chitchat that follows one if at all possible. If his opponent is not a friend and is utterly horrid at battling he may mock them while battling. He does not take losses well and can hold a mean grudge for those that do defeat him.

Even though some traits may seem to give him a dark or nasty persona he can be quite nice to those that make an effort, unless in a bad mood, and is almost always nice to all Pokemon (wild or trained) in general.

His caring attitude towards Pokemon extends from his ability to be able to communicate with them on a telepathic level, however, this family trait of his is not nearly mastered and because of that he can only constantly communicate with the 3 Dragon Types that have been around him the longest.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have they been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

C.J. comes from a wealthy family residing in Opelucid City, his father was once a revered scientist. Although not working on anything important his father has began studying various Pokemon for several reasons. He often communicates with both Prof. Juniper and Prof. Oak sharing their work and research back and forth. His mother is a well respected Pokemon Breeder who owns and operates an Egg Farm that provides many regions their ‘starter’ Pokemon, although she has much more eggs available then just those. Apart from being a breeder his mother also comes from a bloodline of psychic telepathy, which can be contributed to her success in the breeding world. That trait was past down to C.J. although he has never mastered it completely.

Though his parents haven’t always lived in Opelucid, C.J. has been there nearly his whole life and has grow up with and accepted the communities customs as his own and thus normally only trains Dragon types. His interests, however, vary largely although he is not sure if he will ever decide to train other types.

Growing up C.J. admired Drayden and could always be found watching challenger battles at the Gym. When Drayden left the Gym to teach, he named Iris as his successor, this infuriated C.J. who believed he should have been chosen. He challenged Iris to a battle for the rights to the gym, the battle was long and pushed both Trainers to their limits but C.J. inevitably lost.

After his loss he demanded his parents enrol him to the academy so he could follow Drayden and learn from him, along with other successful names he recognized. Not long after came the tests. The theory Part seemed like it was meant to be a joke. The Practical half, however, was much tougher, Having solely Dragon Types provided an additional challenge but he succeeded none the less.

Once he learns all he can he plans to return to challenge Iris again, but his mind may change during the course of his stay.

As for my pokemon, they can be found on the etherpad, but if you need them here I'll be more than happy to edit them in here.

Pokemon Trainers Academy:
C.J. Styles
Lexi Styles

Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia
Taegan Power

Pokemon Fallout:
Ignis Gerentis-Torch(Magmar)

Fulgur Gerentis-Static(Electabuzz)
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:46 PM
igotpokeballz
x999 Thanks To Action Replay

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to igotpokeballz
hey, well i've decided to stop waiting for Rafael p, so now im gonna ask if anyone could please interact with Cecil in Oak Town.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
MY TEAM:
1.SERPERIOR!
2.UNPHEZANT!
3.SIMIPOUR!
4.SCRAFTY!
5.ZEBSTRIKA!
6.HYDREIGON!
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Codaq
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
So, guys, can anyone update me on the story? I have got no time to read 300 pages lol.

"Over the harsh nudity of truth - the diaphanous robe of fantasy"
The Relic, Eça de Queiroz
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:04 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

Nature: Hardy
@Codaq: There's no real need. Your character wasn't there for 'the story'.

That being said, most of what has gone on is character development I'm not going to attempt to summarize that because it's implausible. I will tell you that Team Rocket Spies are currently in the academy, entirely undercover because that's still relevant.
Old January 30th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Boy, all hell will break loose if the Rockets meet some of the more unusual characters. Brian, Mana, and Ciuel spring to mind immediately.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:06 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
Boy, all hell will break loose if the Rockets meet some of the more unusual characters. Brian, Mana, and Ciuel spring to mind immediately.
Birch, please. Kiyoko is a weapon made /by/ Team Rocket.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
What about Kilik? He's pretty serious himself too. :\

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with PinkSapphire
~Dia+PS~
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Nideous

x3 Perhaps, but those were only a few examples. I never said that was everyone after all.

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Kezius
Mime Jr.

Hey Yellow & Mega. I'd like to apply for a teacher spot. It's my current character's mother. Job would be Eggs and Breeding and all that surrounds those. SU is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Name:
Alexis Christine Style

Nickname:
Lexi

Sex:
Female

Job:
Eggs and Breeding

Appearance:
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...psc71c4021.jpg
5’8” tall, hazel eyes and long silver hair.

Personality:
Lexi is a fun, loving individual. She is always smiling and having fun. However, when it comes to eggs and Pokemon’s general wellbeing Lexi takes things very seriously.

Lexi has a big heart, which lead her to her career as a Pokemon Breeder and Day Care owner. She loves taking care of Pokemon, especially newborns, and can often be found out in the fields playing with them.

She believes that there should be a better friendship between Humans and Pokemon and thus she doesn’t keep and Pokemon with her, instead she has Pokemon friends that lend her their strength and abilities. A few of which never leave her side, but are free to do so if they choose.

History:
Lexi grew up in a psychically enriched family, telepathy being their main ability. She always wanted to put her ability to great purpose but never knew how, until one day when she realised not only could she communicate with her family but she could also speak to Pokemon. At that moment Alexis knew that she would use her ability to help Pokemon in the some way. Now she just needed to figure out how.

It wasn’t until a couple years later that she figured out what she could do. While travelling around Johto she came across an old couple in Route 34 who ran a Day Care center for Pokemon. Upon examining the Day Care, Lexi noticed that the couple had no structure to the daycare, the Pokemon were all intermingled and some were clearly not getting along. She decided to stay at the Day care for a few days, and after talking with the Pokemon she was able to organise the field area in a way that all the Pokemon could enjoy themselves peacefully.

Lexi decided at that point, that after her travels she would open her own daycare where she could properly raise Pokemon in a stress free environment. That wasn’t all fate had in store for her though.

Later in her travels Lexi came across an Egg Farm, located in the Sinnoh
Region. When she saw how the Pokemon were kept purely for breeding purposes she was appalled. She tried to explain that if the ‘breeder’ of these farms just kept the group of Pokemon healthy and happy in a natural like environment the Eggs would still come in quantity but would be healthier when hatched. She was laughed at mercilessly for her ideas. Now she had a new goal, not only would she run a better Day Care system for Pokemon but she would also incorporate a better ‘Egg Farm’ into it as well.

Her dreams would be answered when she traveled to the Unova region and met a young scientist by the name of Jacob Styles. Jacob was working closely with Professor Elm and Professor Birch studying Pokemon Habitation behaviour. Jacob realised that Lexi’s ideas would provide him a controlled environment for his studies. He contacted the Professors who gave him the Unova regions Professor’s number, and although it wasn’t her area of expertise she was happy to help the two out. Professor Juniper gave Jacob and Lexi a large lot of land located just outside Opelucid City where they could develop the Day Care/Breeding Center Lexi always wanted.

After some time Lexi found her system working flawlessly, she was known throughout for her quality breeding and excellent care of Pokemon. Jacob found success in his work too, reporting many findings back to Elm and Birch for their respective fields of study.
Lexi and Jacob married soon after their Center became successful and had a son they named Christopher Jacob. They settled in Unova living on the same land their Center was on, leaving C.J. to grow up close to the Opelucid City customs, which they didn’t mind.

When C.J. turned 15 he begged his parents to let him go to the Pokemon Trainers Academy so he could learn all he could about Pokemon, and they agreed without much hesitation. Now that he’s gone though, Lexi decided she wants to expand her Centers worldwide. To do that, she would have to teach others how to properly run the centers. Lexi contacted Gary Oak, she told him about her success and her future plans, they began talking about setting up a center on his Island and a job at the academy teaching about her knowledge in Eggs and Breeding. Now she just has to wait for confirmation on her new adventure.

Pokémon:
Lexi doesn’t own and Pokemon, however there are a few that are always around her so they will be listed.

Species: Milotic
Nickname(Optional): N/A
Personality: Loving and intelligent, Milotic can be found all over the property settling disputes and healing the injured. Milotic has formed a strong bond with Lexi and when not looking after the other Pokemon can always be found at Lexi’s side. She dislikes battling but will do what is necessary to protect Lexi and the rest.
Lvl(Max 50): 50
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Water Pulse, Twister, Aqua Tail, Hydro Pump, Attract, Aqua Ring

Species: Machamp
Personality: Machamp does most of the heavy lifting and such work around the property. He stays away from the eggs and newborns, not that he doesn’t want to help out but because he can’t control his strength and is unable to be careful. He often acts before thinking.
Lvl(Max 50): 44
Foresight, Vital Throw, Submission, Wake-Up Slap, Cross Chop, DynamicPunch

Species: Houndoom
Personality: Stubborn but loyal Houndoom follows in Arcanine’s footsteps as a guard dog for Lexi’s property. Although not as strong as Arcanine he can be just as intimidating and he is determined to prove he can be as good.
Lvl(Max 50): 38
Smog, Roar, Bite, Beat Up, Fire Fang, Faint Attack

Species: Audino
Personality: Friendly and helpful Audino takes on many rolls around the Center, much the same as their rolls in a Pokemon Center. From caring for newborns to healing the injured Audino can always be found helping out in one way or another.
Lvl(Max 50): 40
Double Slap, Attract, Secret Power, Take Down, Healing Pulse, After You

Species: Arcanine
Personality: Protective and fierce, Arcanine acts as a guard dog for Lexi’s property. Although he’s never physically hurt a person his immense size and growls stop most people in their tracks.
Lvl(Max 50): 47
Helping Hand, Flame Wheel, Fire Fang, Take Down, Flame Burst, Agility

And if it's allowed I'd like her to be allowed to setup a daycare/breeding center near Oak Town seeing as, from what I can tell, the island doesn't have that service available.

C.J. Styles
Lexi Styles

Taegan Power

Pokemon Fallout:

Old February 1st, 2013, 03:12 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@Kezius: Looks good! Your new character is accepted. Enjoy her!~ Also, about your question: Of course you can! With so many students, there's no particular reason I'd forbid multiple teachers of the same job.

@ShinyDiamond: Why would would Team Rocket take interest in someone for being serious? I don't even...

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; February 1st, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Nideous

HEY HEY HEY! Kezius, Oak Island already has a Daycare man, Drake! But I wouldn't complain if you set your own up. x3

Old February 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM
Kezius
Mime Jr.

Quote:
HEY HEY HEY! Kezius, Oak Island already has a Daycare man, Drake! But I wouldn't complain if you set your own up. x3
Well as I said, I wasn't aware lol. Her setting up is more because she doesn't want to leave that behind to teach, I'm sure there's enough room for two though lol Get some competition on the go haha. And her focus is more on the egg farming then the daycare anyway.

C.J. Styles
Lexi Styles

Taegan Power

Pokemon Fallout:

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@ShinyDiamond: Why would would Team Rocket take interest in someone for being serious? I don't even...
Well, in due time, Kilik will grow to become very strong, honing his skills. In due time, he will be able to foretell his opponent's next move.

There's something special about that kid. I just can't put my finger on it...

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with PinkSapphire
~Dia+PS~
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:42 PM
igotpokeballz

Alright guys this is the FINAL draft for Cecil Vargas' SU! I didnt add Haunters bio and stuff cuz its the same
Name: Cecil Vargas
Sex: Male
Dorm: Entei
Appearance:

Personality: Cecil can be classy at most times, but he is also very light hearted around his friends. He is also very flexible, making him very adaptable to most situations and/or people. One flaw about Cecil that just about everyone should know is he is terrible at flirting with girls, so he tend to easily fall apart around them. He also has very good social compatability with most people around him (excluding women xD), and he is able to settle arguments fairly.
Cecil is also a very good writer, and does better at describing things with words than with art. If Cecil had to tell you his least favorite school subject, it would be math because it requires too much thought to the point where your brain will explode! Cecils favorite thing to do on his own time is either day dream or write silly short stories or poems about pokemon or made up creatures. A surprising thing that you wouldn't expect from Cecil is that he does not have a specific goal as a trainer, but more like just an adventure around the world with no gyms and contests involved.

History: Cecil's parents first met eachother in their pokemon trainer school in the Hoenn region. It would probably be considered your typical teenage romance today, but to them it was more than that. no, it was as if they were meant to be together! The both of them first started dating when they ran into each other during their own journeys and that's when their first kiss at the pokemon center happened. When Cecil's mother Sophia became the top coordinator of Hoenn, and his dad became the frontier brain of the "Battle Arcade", they decided to further their relationship and get married and move to Petalburg City. That's when Cecil was born.
From Cecil's point of view, his world was terrible! At the age of four, he was so caught up in the news on TV and the first thing he hears on breaking news is something on the ines of,"Team Rocket! Boming in Unova's most famous Battle Subway!" or,"Team Rocket! Robbery in Lilycove's Department Store!" Such events occuring worldwide twent-four-seven formed this thought in Cecil's young mind that there was so much tyranny in this world that he should keep an eye out for the shady figures and be extra careful, but don't take it to extremes.
Cecil recieved his first pokemon at age ten when his parents were on vacation in Sunnyshore City for the summer. They were staying in a pretty old but fancy hotel that supposedly had a haunted room. Since the only room available was the haunted room they had to make reservations to stay in there if they wanted to sleep at all. The family thought that the people who worked there were being rediculous and they needed to grow up. That night however, it was about three o'clock in the morning but no one was awake, that is, exept Cecil. He could hear someone laughing in the walls as if mocking is intense fear. There were many other rackets the pokemon made that made the hairs on Cecils back stand up. Hours later, he felt a slight ta on his shoulder that made him shudder and panic. He shut mis eyes tight and pulled the covers over his head trying to hide from his nightmare. Half an hour later, he opened his eyes, only to see a purple ghost grinning at him with a large mouth. Cecil screamed at the horror before his eyes, only to scare the pokemon into hiding under his bed. His parents came rushing in to see whats wrong and Cecil explained everything. "Who's there," demanded his father. The pokemon revealed itself as a Haunter trying to play around. They all tried to explain and solve tthis situation and the Haunter decided to make it up by being Cecil's partner.

MY TEAM:
1.SERPERIOR!
2.UNPHEZANT!
3.SIMIPOUR!
4.SCRAFTY!
5.ZEBSTRIKA!
6.HYDREIGON!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Drago Dragonite
General of the Dragons' Army

Nature: Sassy
I was a while off, so, have you decided yet about classes?Although this Thanksgiving day is looking more like Thanksgiving month, I like to be prepared.

"The world is gigantic, with lots of secrets and mysteries.I understand why you want to explore it. Finding something in the world is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I sweared to protect you until the end of time, so I will always have a way to find you."

HAPPY LAVENDER TOWN DAY...
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Nideous

I dunno what I would classify Drake's focus as. x3 But sure, two facilities.

Also he has adopted Valorie, Killik and Mana, he just doesn't know it yet.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
Quote:
Also he has adopted Valorie, Killik and Mana, he just doesn't know it yet.
Yay xD sounds fun, wait… he doesn't know? power of the creator!! xD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.

Nature: Naughty
FYI me and Batel are working on a jointpost, so it may be a few days or so before you see anything from us.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@igotpokeballz: Seems okay, with the exception of the fact that your appearance is broken.

@Drago Dragonite: Didn't I tell you about this when you joined? Either way, I'mma say it again. Days IC last months OOC. This is because it takes a /lot/ longer to post a character doing something than it would in reality. That being said, if I forced a day change every week or two the RP would just be full of inconvenient interruptions where your character would have to stop what they're doing and go to sleep. ||P

@Nideous: It's funny because Valorie has parental abandonment issues and would probably respond very well to that sort of relationship.
And what's this? An actual spoiler?
Spoiler:
In future iterations of Valorie I've played in other RPs, her abandonment issues only got worse.

@Somniac: Thanks for letting us know. c:

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; February 3rd, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Drago Dragonite

No...I was just asking if you decided yet on the schedules' mechanics.

"The world is gigantic, with lots of secrets and mysteries.I understand why you want to explore it. Finding something in the world is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I sweared to protect you until the end of time, so I will always have a way to find you."

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@Everyone: My laptop broke--Heads up. Luckily I have an extended, accidental damage and handling warranty so repairs will almost definitely be free, quick, and easy. For the meantime though, I have a desktop.

@Drago Dragonite: Do y'mean the thing about there being two mandatory classes? We're leaning towards doing that, yes. It seems pretty popular with you guys anyway. Fun Fact: Before I took over in place of Jackblaze with Megaman765, Jack was considering not having RPer controlled teachers anymore.

Something about them not working out the way he planned. I never saw it his way though, so I promptly gave teachers more support.

@Everyone: Regardless, I'm currently thinking about putting up some sort of guide on how the day to day functions work so I'm not answering the frequently asked questions everytime someone new joins. (Or can at least just copy paste over the relevant portion instead of having to re-type everything.)

I'm also thinking of replacing the line requirements in the SU with a words requirement, which would be more exact and not depend on screen resolution.

I'm also considering changing the SU template by making the words/lines requirement optional altogether, and giving the RPer the choice of either meeting the word requirement or writing a sample post instead. (I tested this idea in Pokemon Fallout, and have more or less liked the results. However, I'd still like to know what people thing.)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:59 PM
siiadams
Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866

Nature: Quiet
It sounds good to me, Yellow. Maybe you could have the sample post revolve around how they get to the island. Just a suggestion.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Pokemon Training Academy - Shawn Williams (Sting, Cactuar, Zapper, Shiva, Pyra, Rocky)
Vale Institute of Magic - Jason Barrett, Metal
Heart of Soul - Anthony "Tony" Marsh & Tabor
Adventurers In Training - Xaltin
PokeLINK - Jerrod Parker
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
igotpokeballz

@yellow ack! It was supposed to be a cropped screenshot of my trainer I made on Pokemon Trainer Creator V2.

@everyone oh and Cecil still needs interaction. :/

MY TEAM:
1.SERPERIOR!
2.UNPHEZANT!
3.SIMIPOUR!
4.SCRAFTY!
5.ZEBSTRIKA!
6.HYDREIGON!

Last edited by igotpokeballz; February 3rd, 2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Drago Dragonite

@PKMNTrainerYellow Ok, thanks.

-------------
Hey, if anyone is around the Entei dorms and needs to interact, Daniel is doing nothing. I can make him get out of his room and talk with your character .

Old February 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Nideous

Pokeballz: I now have a Brian free. Feel free to meet up with him outside the cafeteria

Yellow: I like the sound of that, having a sample post.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links