The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Aura Rift: Yeah. If you notice, the IC thread's first post was made by Jackblaze, the old GM who left the site. It wasn't remade because there was no need, but we had to remake the OOC thread in order for Megaman765 and I, the new GMs, to be able to update the main page. |D

Everybody likes the changes I've made, right? oAo; (For comparison: Here is the original thread)

On another note, I'd like people's opinion. I've been thinking about who I want to take up as a teacher. I know Bassiroth would love it if I brought Hilda in, and I certainly wouldn't mind. Yet, I've gotten mixed responses on that. She'd come paired with a new class that some might find interesting. (Vigilante efforts class. Everyday students would be lead on 'missions' to help others around the island, usually with things that require the use of pokemon.)

What do you guys think?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
LawOfTheLand

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
Well, apart from Jonah continuing to be the Socially Awkward Penguin (he'd rather take notes of Maria talking with Xavier than break up a fight!), the first question would naturally have to be Hilda's age by this time. Granted, BW did make the boxart of the protagonists make them look a few years older, a nod to the fact that the early adopters would likely be the ones that got into it and never really got out. Still, I have to wonder how long it's been since the events in Unova (and what Alder's doing with his life).

The second would be the legality of the class in general. Being a vigilante is one thing. Teaching others to do the same thing in broad daylight just doesn't sound like a very good idea. On one level, the game plots wouldn't work without this motif of heroic intervention, but on another level, Giovanni's words before the Silph Co. battle come to mind. "Keep your nose out of grown-up affairs, or experience a world of pain!" (As long as we're on about Silph, the original method of entry had you sneak past the guard while he was taking a nap...wouldn't that technically amount to breaking and entering, especially with you running around with a Card Key? And don't get me started on all the loot in that place!)

Still, I imagine the general experts will be very specific about what Hilda will be allowed to teach in that class, most of which could be summed up as "Run to the authorities if you can, but here's what you do if you can't." It would be much like how to protect yourself against violent crimes such as carjacking, I would imagine.

(Sorry for inactivity, getting my ass handed to me on the sims.)
Old November 4th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
@LawOfTheLand: Socially Awkward Penguin? Don't you mean Socially Awkward Piplup? Sorry, I HAD to make that joke. I know, its not like I have anything better to do with my life T^T

Anyhoo, I think vigilante-class sounds like a pretty interesting idea, you would be kinda like a pokemon-ranger and stuff. Which is nice and dandy, atleast in my opinion, but what do I know?
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
I wouldn't mind that class. Just don't expect Brian to be very thrilled about it. XD Quin would love it though. :D

Anyways, no one answered my question yesterday...

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawOfTheLand View Post
the first question would naturally have to be Hilda's age by this time. Granted, BW did make the boxart of the protagonists make them look a few years older, a nod to the fact that the early adopters would likely be the ones that got into it and never really got out. Still, I have to wonder how long it's been since the events in Unova (and what Alder's doing with his life).
A minimum of "a few years" have passed. This is honestly directly to prevent canon characters from becoming students, which would be a breeding ground for problems in and of itself. So yeah. I would probably play Hilda as being a young adult, (18-20?) and she would probably be an intern of sorts, sort of like N. (The exact time that has passed is not otherwise important, is why I don't care to define exactly how long it has been.)

Quote:
The second would be the legality of the class in general. Being a vigilante is one thing. Teaching others to do the same thing in broad daylight just doesn't sound like a very good idea. On one level, the game plots wouldn't work without this motif of heroic intervention, but on another level, Giovanni's words before the Silph Co. battle come to mind. "Keep your nose out of grown-up affairs, or experience a world of pain!"
Well, first of all, the canonities of Gen 1-4 are not in play in this roleplay. The anime's canonity is. (Black/White's canonity was acknowledged here, so it alone is canon here. Yes, that's very weird, but the anime's Gen 5 saga is far from complete enough to comfortably use anyway, and the manga's canonity conflicts way too much with the anime's to be used.)

Second of all, let's be honest. If laws about vigilante justice applied in pokemon our favorite heroes would've been in jail a looong time ago. |D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mammoth View Post
Anyhoo, I think vigilante-class sounds like a pretty interesting idea, you would be kinda like a pokemon-ranger and stuff. Which is nice and dandy, atleast in my opinion, but what do I know?
I wouldn't make that comparison no. ; I'd more make a comparison to the Mystery Dungeon games. Only, y'know, with pokemon trainers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
I wouldn't mind that class. Just don't expect Brian to be very thrilled about it. XD Quin would love it though. :D

Anyways, no one answered my question yesterday...
Aaaah, I'm sorry. The answer is yes, you can go ahead with that. c:
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nideous

Ok, thanks. It's not going to happen for at least a couple more RP days. XD

Old November 4th, 2011, 12:25 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Aura Rift: Yeah. If you notice, the IC thread's first post was made by Jackblaze, the old GM who left the site. It wasn't remade because there was no need, but we had to remake the OOC thread in order for Megaman765 and I, the new GMs, to be able to update the main page. |D

Everybody likes the changes I've made, right? oAo; (For comparison: Here is the original thread)

On another note, I'd like people's opinion. I've been thinking about who I want to take up as a teacher. I know Bassiroth would love it if I brought Hilda in, and I certainly wouldn't mind. Yet, I've gotten mixed responses on that. She'd come paired with a new class that some might find interesting. (Vigilante efforts class. Everyday students would be lead on 'missions' to help others around the island, usually with things that require the use of pokemon.)

What do you guys think?

I kind of agree with mr. mammoth. it hints at Rangers in the idea the trainer uses a pokemon to complete tasks. This would be perfect for Isaac since his father was a ranger and all that. I would like to add that it might work better as a club.

EDIT: I'd also like to apologize for my lack of activity, but I did say before that'd I'd be keeping to a bear minimum until we got back to school.

along with that I was just wondering about the dorm rooms, the specific ones where the students sleep. Are they one or two students per room? what are the furnishings? any SCHOOL restrictions on what students can do with the rooms? I find rooms can really reflect on a character and thusly want to know what I can do with mine once the field trip ends.

Last edited by jasonwolf; November 4th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:36 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

That's ... very vague, and I'd just like to throw it out there that the reason I'm avoiding that comparison is because I don't want anyone getting any ideas that it's going to work anything like how pokemon ranger works.
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

sry... just got home from school my brain is still fried. I'll assume its all very vague to you then. allow me to try again.

the concept of a trainer using their pokemon for assorted tasks outside of battle reminds me of ranger because the two uses of pokemon in that game series is to capture other pokemon or to move the player along through the game world. I do realize that it would be trainers who are using their own pokemon, and not randomly catching new ones or any of that kind of Ranger content, but usually pokemon are just for battling otherwise (well mainly). My point with Isaac's father is that Isaac has gotten plenty of experience in the field (both trainer and ranger) and that allows him to do very well in adverse scenarios. If I recall correctly Isaac's main personality is a planner and that he always needs a plan when going into something, this kind of class would allow Isaac to exel since he is good at variable tactics.

or were you confused by the EDIT?
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:56 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Jasonwolf: Heeey, it's all cool. It's the people who have no intention of improving in their activity in the near future that get on my nerves. I could rant about that but I'll save that for whenever I write a guide on roleplayer etiquette.

Students either get individual rooms or share with one other person. Students may also do whatever they want to their rooms. The only exception being if that something is dangerous and they get caught they could get in trouble. So yeah. People can bring furniture, wallpaper, /etcetera/. Damaging the room would be considered dangerous, if that wasn't clear, on the other hand.

Also, I get your point, though honestly in all incarnations of pokemon they do a lot more than battle. From moving heavy things to saving people in danger to cooking and cleaning pokemon have been shown to do whatever they're trained to. Battling just happens to be an extremely popular form of training them. In all seriousness though. The "class" would be based on the mystery dungeon games. I honestly meant to say "club" the first time around but I derp'd. So yeah, it would be completely elective. Local authorities would be the ones delegating the missions, so they'd never be something dangerous enough that the teacher wouldn't be able to handle it.

Basically? This class makes sense in the context of Gary's hidden motive for the academy. (Read the plot spoiler on the first page.)
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Nideous

I was waiting for someone to remember the plot. :D Looks like Fuyu owes me twenty bucks. :D

Old November 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Darkgoalie
Psychic Professor

Nature: Calm
Arceus Almighty, you watch Paranormal Activity 3 on Thursday, your still recovering on Friday and all this happens.

Don't watch PA3. Unless you like being dragged on the floor.

Platinum FC: 0476-0552-0926
SoulSilver FC: 2482-0109-5666
White FC: 2021-9561-8818

Current RP's i'm involved in
- The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) as Jason Monterio Basco

Ralts - Lvl 22
Moves - Confusion, Synchronoise, Double Team, Teleport, Magical Leaf

Electrike - Lvl 22
Moves - Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Rest, Rain Dance, Spark
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Teeny-tiny team update!
Quillie evolved, dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuun! He didn't learn any new moves from doing so though.
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
LawOfTheLand

Okay, so apparently Vince threw a punch at Calnith. Jonah is going to use athleticism that a lot of people have probably forgotten he possessed to get over there before the guards do. Once apprehended, this young man is getting marched right over to Steven Stone for disciplinary action.

(He doesn't know how or why it happened. The important thing is that a student took a swing at another student.)
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:22 PM
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
Is it too late for me to reserve a spot on the Raikou dorm?
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fizz View Post
Is it too late for me to reserve a spot on the Raikou dorm?
@Mick Fizz: Nope. 1 spot left in Raikou
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
Ok then. I'll have my SU as soon as I can.
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

ANNOUNCEMENT: Okay, guys. Use your next 1-2 IRL days wisely. After that we'll be heading back to the academy in one single post detailing the trip back and heading off for sleep or insomnia. The trip back involves first taking a train back to Vermilion, and then from there a boat to the island. Simple stuff. If you want to have a battle during the trip back, that's your choice, but it must be against an NPC as you'll be expected to have it done in one post. This is so that we can move on to the next day already. |D

Speaking of which...

The next day IC everyone's characters will be allowed to celebrate halloween by wearing costumes at school if they so wish. Teachers will probably join in too~

Because IRL time translates to IC time really poorly, that means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are likely to occur not that long ICly after eachother. However weird that sounds, I for one vote that we completely and utterly ignore it in favor of the rule of fun. That is to say, we could try to make holidays more realistic to IC times, but it would be like punching fun in the face. That of course means no pointing it out IC for groantastic humor. ;o
Old November 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM
LawOfTheLand

Plot idea: Perhaps there will be some kind of huge school assembly where they introduce Hilda and her new vocational training?

Still waiting for a response from Vince...with tempers flaring, it's very possible he could take another swing at Jonah instead of allowing himself to be grabbed and disciplined. I've played out that scenario more times than I care to mention in real life with parents and teachers alike, hence why I'm not auto-connecting and dragging him over to Steven.
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Bassiroth
Psyduck

Quote:
Plot idea: Perhaps there will be some kind of huge school assembly where they introduce Hilda and her new vocational training?

Still waiting for a response from Vince...with tempers flaring, it's very possible he could take another swing at Jonah instead of allowing himself to be grabbed and disciplined. I've played out that scenario more times than I care to mention in real life with parents and teachers alike, hence why I'm not auto-connecting and dragging him over to Steven.
There could be, but hey I never had N ever publically introduce his class or himself to everyone lD

Then agian, N asking that his identity and class be kept secret until he revealed it himself was just my personal preference lD

Then again I like surprising people and such so. . . go figure lD
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Aura Rift
Mantle of flame

Nature: Docile
lol if theres an assembly announcing teachers then Burghs either gonna need to be included or he's gonna crash it. That's just the way he is :3

Yes I really am so awkward I got the least likely answer on this test. A teddy bear pokemon I guess on the plus side... I'm cuter than everyone else *smugface*
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
charcharx3
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Cascade Marina Anderson

Nickname (Optional): Cassie

Age (10-15): 12

Gender (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum
Cassie is very nice to people, yet because of an "accident" she had when she was young, she always keeps her guard up and can be defensive at times. You rarely see her cry, but at times, when she is sad, she can seem withdrawn. Cassie aspires to be a water pokemon trainer, and then a breeder when she is too old to battle. She is very serious about her training, yet is very inexperienced. Coming to this school is Cassie's dream- she wanted to go to this school ever since she was ten. Her parents, being protective, didn't want her to go, but when she turned twelve, they finally let her go. Coming from a rich family as an only child, Cassie can be a little pretentious at times and not realize it, but for the most part, she is a very polite child.

History: Cassie is an only child in a richer part of Celadon City. She loves her parents, but sometimes feels extremely lonely. Her family always goes on trips, whether it be to Three Island to collect berries or to Curelean Gym to see the Water Pokemon shows. Because she is always traveling, friendships were very short-lived. When Cassie was three, she almost was drowned by a few bullies who kidnapped her on Cinnabar Island during summer vacation. Though the bullies were never found, she was always afraid they would come back. In fact, she occasionally still has nightmares about them.

Cassie would have drowned in that "accident", as she always called it, if it weren't for a wild Lapras to have attacked the kidnappers and saved her. For that reason, Lapras is Cassie's favorite Pokemon and she dreams to have one of her own. However, Cassie's parents will not allow her to have one because it could bring back harsh memories of that horrible incident. Since Cassie loves water pokemon, they instead got her a Squirtle when she was ten years old. Cassie has secretly tried to catch a Lapras for years, but has failed. Her only other pokemon she has is a baby Seel, which she did not win in a battle, but she found near a mother Dewgong who had been gravely injured by a Gyrados; the mother could not be saved. By coming to this school, Cassie hopes to accomplish her goal of becoming a great trainer as well as finding her very own Lapras

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.): Squirtle (starter
Species: Water Type
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Squirtle is Cassie's starter, and her favorite. He is loyal, spunky, and gets along very well with Cassie. They both have the same goal in mind He often walks aside Cassie, but also has no problem being in a pokeball.

Lvl(Max 20): 6
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): bubble, tackle, water gun

Pokemon: Seel
Species: Water Type
Personality:Seel is Cassie's "baby" He is very clingy and young. He loves to cuddle in Cassie's arms and be carried around.
Lvl: 2
Moves: Headbutt, growl
Edit: Added more information!

Last edited by charcharx3; November 8th, 2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Adding Information/ Fixing errors
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:37 PM
LawOfTheLand

HunterZero: What the hell. I wait for how long for a response from you when Jonah vaulted the punch table to deal with a fight breaking out, and you totally brush me off. Not cool, dude.

Generally speaking, if an "attack" is not acknowledged in the target character's next post, the attempt is allowed to automatically succeed. Prepare for a SERIOUS tongue-lashing, young man!

(Disclaimer: I'm basing the series of events in this post loosely off of events in my own childhood, blowing my stack at teachers and parents alike, more so the latter in those early teenage years. If you don't believe me when I say that I know what I'm talking about, please reconsider.)

Last edited by LawOfTheLand; November 8th, 2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Bassiroth
Psyduck

. . . You know I just had a strange thought.

Since N has now reappeared wouldn't a certain International Police Officer named Agent Handsome/Looker be showing up some time soon just to get a bit of info out of N, even if the case is a number of years old? lD
Old November 9th, 2011, 07:46 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@LawOfTheLand: Keeping in mind that's a competitive RP rule and this is not a competitive RP.

@Bassiroth: ...It /better/ be assumed that N is no longer on the bad side of the law. ; In which case, why /now/? Why not months ago in the years that have passed?

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; November 9th, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links