The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Nice updates. And this Dead Forest sounds like the kind of place Mark and Bri would look into on the road to discovering what the heck is going on at the Academy, wouldn't you say Megaman?

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old August 31st, 2011, 06:35 AM
HunterZero
Maverick Hunting til the end

Nature: Brave
Hey just wondering will there be a level increase for the wild pokemon ever?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 31st, 2011, 06:48 AM
Nideous

Yes. Yellow already upped the level of them to 15. Also, pokemon that you caught can add 5 more levels to them. But only if they are lower than level 15.

Old August 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
HunterZero

Oh didn't notice that sweet though. Updating my teams.

Vincent Xackford Luna:

Blitz lvl 33 (Male)
Moves: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Flame Burst, Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw, Smokescreen

Wattage lvl 21 (Male)
Moves: Thunder bolt, Poison Jab, X-scissor, Volt Switch, Thunder wave, Electroweb, Cross Poison

Scissors lvl 15 (Male)
Moves: Scratch, Harden, Mud Sport, Water Gun

Dyno lvl 20 (Male)
Moves: Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Dragon Rage, Head butt, Dragonbreath, Screech

Terra lvl 22 (Male)
Moves: Hone Claws, Rapid Spin, Metal Claw, Dig

Shade lvl 17 (Male)
Moves: Faint Attack, Furry Swipes, Leer, Pursuit

Calnith Sol NeverWind:

Shinryu lvl 27 (Male)
Moves: Dig, Dual Chop, Outrage, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sandstorm

Colossus lvl 26 (Gender less Male to Calnith)
Moves: Psychic, Iron head, Flash cannon, Psyshock, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam

Cerberus lvl 27 (Male)
Moves: Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, Shadow ball, Bite, Double Team, Sludge Bomb

RoadBlock lvl 15 (Male)
Moves: Rock Blast, Harden, Headbutt, Sand-Attack

KingClaw lvl 19 (Male)
Moves: Scald, Harden, Vice grip, X-scissor

Kento lvl 15 (Male)
Moves: Pursuit, Taunt, Poison Sting, Mud-slap

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:41 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Lower than or equal to level 15*

But yeah, thanks for giving an update on your team. c: If you have any ideas you want to throw out there, I'm listening.

Me and Selene are currently working on a joint post battle. Hopefully that will be done soon enough. If things continue the way they have, it should only take one more post from each of us to finish the battle. We're not quite ready for a time skip to the morning though. Just throwing that out there.

Lower than or equal to level 15*

But yeah, thanks for giving an update on your team. c: If you have any ideas you want to throw out there, I'm listening.

Me and Selene are currently working on a joint post battle. Hopefully that will be done soon enough. If things continue the way they have, it should only take one more post from each of us to finish the battle. We're not quite ready for a time skip to the morning though. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; August 31st, 2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:46 AM
SelenaStar
Who says you're not perfect?

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Hmmmm. I think it's a bit harsh to say that after level 45 NO levels are gained from battling wild pokemon...

Perhaps just up the number of wild pokemon that need to be defeated to gain a level? That would be more realistic I think.

Otherwise, I am liking these changes! especially the introduction of Prof G.Oak and other canon characters - that's a fab idea.
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:03 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

I think I'll have to make two seperate rules for wild pokemon. Gimme a moment.

Edit: I now have two separate rules for leveling against wild pokemon. The level 45 limit only applies to catchable pokemon now. (Because they're level 15.)

If you want to gain levels after 45, you can, but you need to pick on the stronger wild pokemon that can't be caught. All that means is you should consider facing a pokemon's evolved form or simply stating that it's stronger in your post. There are no restrictions on when you can find evolved forms. The rule's just in place so that level 80 Charizards aren't grinding levels by pinching random Ratattas to death. xD

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; August 31st, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
Nice updates. And this Dead Forest sounds like the kind of place Mark and Bri would look into on the road to discovering what the heck is going on at the Academy, wouldn't you say Megaman?
Yeah for sure :3 I'm really happy that the RP has been alive for so long :D

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 29 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Nideous

Aww... But I like having my level eighty Charizard pinch random Rattatas to death.

And I'm happy this is still going too. This was my first RP, and it's lasted longer than half the other RPs I've been in. :D

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:53 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

It's lasted long all right. I like writing for this one.

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:33 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Me too. This roleplay has a rather humble concept, but it's played very well and I've grown to love it so much that I didn't mind offering to GM it when the time came. |D

Also, you guys can feel free to go into dead forest. If you want that random boss encounter, you have to ask though. As a matter of fact... I'm going to have MacKenzie conveniently stumble upon the forest as she's heading back, just so I can show you guys what the forest is like in more depth. ;D

I guess you could say that I've put some... considerable thought into it.
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:25 AM
HunterZero

Hey could I have Vincent fight Lt. Surge seeing as the two got off on a bad start. I would love the two to fight.

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Nature: Jolly
=_=
Hi everybody
Sorry 've been away so long...

Working on a post, but it might not be up for a while...
Sisters: Kyuu-chan and Strikit
Cousin: Nideous
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
Hey could I have Vincent fight Lt. Surge seeing as the two got off on a bad start. I would love the two to fight.
You can fight teachers at your own will, as long as you keep in mind that they have level 40'ish pokemon generally, making that a virtually hopeless fight without some more training. Given, your entire party would earn 3 levels each if you lost under the new rules, which say that pokemon earn one level for fainting during a battle /on top/ of whatever else they earned.
Old September 1st, 2011, 01:11 PM
SelenaStar
Who says you're not perfect?

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Could I request a Selene/Brock battle? Selene is somewhat of a Brock-fangirl on the quiet and it would be most enjoyable and probably relatively humourous (if I can find the energy to do humour...humour takes a sharp mind...at the moment, I do not possess this.)
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Selene vs Brock? Go for it. c: In this case I think I can trust you to play Brock.

Also, I've been thinking about how some of us have second characters. I think Jack handled it reasonably well, but then I thought to myself...

Why not have the second characters not take up an extra slot? After all, having a second character doesn't have the same impact as having another roleplayer, and we're running out of slots for new joiners. Therefore, I'm going to re-arrange the page again to accommodate this change. Four roleplayer limit per dorm. Two character limit per roleplayer.

Therefore, I'm pleased to announce that everyone that wants one is allowed to have a second character.

ALSO, if by any chance you want to have an OC appear here, but either have a second character or don't really feel like playing them full time, consider simply making them an NPC. Instead of a random generic trainer you meet and battle, make it the OC in question. Keep in mind that the limitation of this is that you're not supposed to write your post from the eyes of the NPCs like you do your applied-for characters.

That's just an idea I'm throwing out there for your guys' convenience. Food for thought, if you will.
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
Nideous

Sweet. I like this idea. I may make another character. I'm not sure yet. Hm...

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

At your own leisure. c: I'm almost done changing the page to reflect this. The accepted roleplayers section will be completely redone, and an "Accepted Main Characters" and "Available Spots" section will be added.

Edit: Done! After some thought I combined the Accepted Main Characters and Accepted Roleplayers sections since having two was pointlessly having extra spoilers.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; September 1st, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Nideous

Hey, um, I have another idea. What about raising the level cap for a persons SU pokemon? After all, it's currently 15, the same as the wild pokemon level cap. What do you guys think of this?

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Actually, I believe Jack raised it to 20. Either way, 20 sounds good. c:
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Nideous

Oh, I must have missed that. :\ Ah well. That sounds cool.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Indeed. I've changed the sign up for students to reflect it. On that note, the max starting levels will probably never rise above 25. Just throwing that out there.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Nideous

I'm good with that. Heh, that's still pretty strong. :D

I finally decided to make a second character. Fuyu, you will definately recognise the name. I get the feeling he's going to be very fun to play. We don't have enough nutjobs yet. Sorry about the one liners for my pokemon personalities. I kind of burned out on Quin's.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Quincy Zaraneth Marley Doreen the 3rd

Nickname (Optional): Quin, Zara

Age (10-15):15

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou Dorm

Appearance (A picture will do but describe what he/she wears otherwise and any other information): 1 Paragraph

Quin is kind of tall for his age. He is very skinny, and has almost no body fat. His hair is a wild tangled mess of red that goes halfway down his back and spikes around his head. His eyes are dark grey, and are very shifty and untrusting. He constantly has an expression of confusion, amusement, and joy. He wears long pants that resemble kaki slacks. His shirt is a green polo shirt with an odd emblem on them. He wears a silver ring with the same emblem.

Personality (How does your character act? Do people enjoy being around you?: 2 Paragraphs

Quin hears voices in his mind, and constantly bickers with them. This leads to some odd one-sided conversations with himself. When he's not arguing with himself, he's usually ranting about some wild crazy conspiresy(I think I spelled that right.) or another. Theories you have only to ask about and he'll tell you every little detail. If he's ever right with them, it's merely coincidence.

Also, he's very outgoing, and will impose himself and his theories on anyone that even shows a slight interest in him. Quin is very confident and honest, even with his theories, which he truly believes in. He will debate everything furiously, but will back down if he loses the debate.

When the voices win on certain arguements, he adopts an entirely different personality. While normally, Quin is relatively harmless, Zaraneth, his split personality, is downright aggressive. Zara, as he likes to be called, will not hesitate to use violence to get his point across. Like Quin, he fights for what he believes in, and is very protective of those he considers his allies. The way to tell when Zara is in charge is when He suddenly goes silent.

History (Where did you grow up? Why you decided to go to the trainer school? Family? Etc..): 3 Paragraphs

Quin's father is the owner of a very large medical firm. As such, he and his family are very rich. When he was 25, he met the girl of his dreams and the two of them got married and had a son. They named him Quincy Zaraneth Marley Doreen.

Quin was the third in his family to be named this. His mother and father were cousins once removed they got married and had a child before they found out they were related. Horrified, they kept it a secret and wanted to hide their son. Due to their vast wealth, they were successful in keeping his existance a secret. It was clear that Quin had been effected by this, as he developed his severe mental problems. He also began to use the internet to learn all of his wild theories.

At the age of ten, his parents bought him a wide selection of pokemon to give him a companion. Being the person he is, he selected three pokemon to protect him from the aliens that were after him. He began training for the battles he knew were ahead of him. At the age of fifteen he learned of Professor Oak's Academy, and this fell in line with one of the few theories he was actually right about, so he set off in the dead of night to join the school. Due to an encounter with the aliens, he missed the ferry to the island and had to get there on his own.

Pokémon (Up to 3 Maximum No Legendaries or Shinies or stage 3

Pokémon): Lapras
Species: Lapras
Nickname(Optional): Zemda
Personality: Mild and docile
Lvl(Max 20):20
Moveset(Up to 6 Tm and Egg moves allowed): Dragon Pulse, Signal Beam, Surf, Icy Wind, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse

Pokémon): Grovyle
Species: Grovyle
Nickname(Optional): Arcino
Personality: Serious and quiet.
Lvl(Max 20): 19
Moveset(Up to 6 Tm and Egg moves allowed): Absorb, Brick Break, Crunch, Aerial Ace, Synthesis, Energy Ball

Pokémon): Venonat
Species: Venonat
Nickname(Optional): Logana
Personality: Kind hearted and friendly.
Lvl(Max 20): 18
Moveset(Up to 6 Tm and Egg moves allowed): Confusion, Supersonic, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Flash, String Shot

Last edited by Nideous; September 2nd, 2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Haha yes! Great now I may make/ bring another character over.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Nideous

Do it!!! We need more awesome characters! :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links