The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
@Meganium90 The etherpad shows that Danielle has a Cyndaquill, not a Vulpix. Not sure which she traded for which, but the answer seems to lie in there somewhere!
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
@Meganium90 The etherpad shows that Danielle has a Cyndaquill, not a Vulpix. Not sure which she traded for which, but the answer seems to lie in there somewhere!
Ah, NOW I REMEMBER.

She battled a 10-year-old trainer (an NPC) during her grass & bug battle session and the trainer had offered her to trade his Cyndaquil for her Vulpix. The Cyndaquil has zero training and he felt that Danielle would be capable of training it. I remember naming it after my best friend, buuuut since we're not friends I don't even know anymore lmao

I'm already plotting another sequence of posts that she *may* get the Vulpix back, considering the NPC turned out to be an irresponsible trainer. But that would make her have two fire-types. I really need to balance out my team more to be quite honest!

Thank you for answering my doubts!
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
Well there's nothing wrong with having two fire types, and making the balance of her team be a concern for Danielle. Rather than you worrying about it, make her worry about it! It'd be a nice bit of character development for her I think. But it's your call. If I had to pick, of the two I'd go for Vulpix.
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Weclome back Meganium :D Your reaccepted!

lineofdeath: Um... how do I put this... While the history does meet the requirements, I'm more concerned about the quality of your SU. The appearance isn't descriptive enough and theres alot of grammer issues over the SU. Could you possibly fix all those up?

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 29 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Anyone knows if Fuyu is still there? I'm supposed to be in her class now.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
I'm here. Don't worry, home now and was just about to check on that. :D Have had site issues until about an hour ago.

Old July 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Squidchan
The Lady Cthulhu

Nature: Lonely
Hi everyone, I was thinking about joining an RP a while ago and was directed to this one. I just wanted to ask if there was any room for me here? I just wanted to ask before I work on my sign up form, seeing as how that is going to take a while. I also wanted to read through more of the IC thread but it is a very long one. How much would be beneficial to keep up with the story so far? Thank you in advance.
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:46 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Squidchan: There is room for you. I also wouldn't recommend reading up on the IC thread much. You would have to read far too much to get any real benefit. Instead, you should ask questions here where we can answer them in an easier and less tedious fashion!
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
I wonder if anyone will notice the battle Adrian just had with Team Rocket. One of them is carrying him off...

Or will someone find him at their base? Either way things go, I've got some plans for my character. If anyone wants to take part, I'd love the company.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

I don't know when Team Rocket stopped being so subtle about their presence.

...Giovanni is regretting a dozen things simultaneously, somewhere.
Old July 15th, 2013, 01:26 AM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Can someone maybe help me out here? Is it Christmas time on the Island? I remember reading a post a while back and somebody mentioned the fact that is was Christmas but I kind of skimmed over it and didn't think much of it.

But now in Meganium90's latest post. She mention the fact that Christmas is tomorrow! I'm so confused.
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:25 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@WooliestSteam1: Christmas will take place on the next IC day.

It's only snowing right now.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; July 15th, 2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

@Wooliest - I believe it is Christmas during the next IC day.

@Zayne's class - Sorry for the lack of activity, a post is on the way.

@Everyone (especially the GMs) - Did I ever get a response about the route I wanted to take with Zayne in regard to Yew? I went over everything quickly and couldn't find a response.
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:44 AM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@WooliestSteam1: Christmas will take place on the next IC day.

It's only snowing right now.
So like Christmas day? You know like opening presents and such. Or is it like the Christmas period?
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:33 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
I wonder if anyone will notice the battle Adrian just had with Team Rocket. One of them is carrying him off...

Or will someone find him at their base? Either way things go, I've got some plans for my character. If anyone wants to take part, I'd love the company.
Tell me more about this battle Adrian just had...

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

He ran into a group of Team Rocket grunts, and lost to their leader's well-formed team. He's being carried off to wherever their base is, if he's not already there.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
He ran into a group of Team Rocket grunts, and lost to their leader's well-formed team. He's being carried off to wherever their base is, if he's not already there.
Is this your character? Pray, tell me where he's at.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Gimmiepie: I'm not aware of such a post currently.

@WooliestSteam1: Yes, with the opening of presents and the delibirds and flying snorlax

@Cosmic Fury: I have this vague feeling I'll be seeing your character soon... Though, I'm not sure when it was established Team Rocket had a base.
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I get a feeling that Kilik will be leading Mana right at team rocket xD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

If Team Rocket did have a base on this island of all things, chances are it's a temporary compound. Either that or they managed to set themselves up in one of Oak Town's buildings. Either way, I'll leave it up to you to meet my character.

EDIT: @ShinyDiamond, yes, Adrian Steele is my character. The Rocket guys are NPC's.

Old July 17th, 2013, 07:03 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Cosmic Fury: As a matter of fact I did plan for this and will be working on a post to explain what would happen to your character at this point. However, this is going to be one looooong post.

...So gimme some patience. ;P

@iceman3317: The 6th gen starters are currently the only 6th gen pokemon available. They cannot evolve, and only know the movesets of other starters with the exception of specialty moves. (Things like Charmander's metal claw that are rather unique to that starter.)

Other 6th gen pokemon will become available come october or so when 6th generation actually comes out. (I have no idea how I'm going to insert their non-existant sprites into the main post.)

You do not have to use the etherpad, but it's heavily recommended as the alternative is posting your team updates here in the OOC, and we want to prevent those from flooding the thread. (Gotta earn our 9001 posts the legit way, y'know?~)
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:55 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

The post count, it's... It's...!

Not nearly high enough yet.

So... Still haven't moved Zen at all. She really needs a hobby or something.

Old July 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Name: Josh Strika

Sex:Male

Dorm :Raikou Dorm

Appearance : Josh has Brown hair and silver eyes. He is Caucasian. His favorite outfit is a black no sleeve covered by a black wind jacket with an outline of a pokeball in yellow.

Personality : While Josh has full faith in his Pokemons' abilities he gets nervous before any type of battle. Josh tends to be kind toward others until he disagrees with them. He knows he can make it to the gyms but he can not bring himself to challenge any for fear of his Pokemon getting hurt. Josh never wants to let people down. However his unwanting to battle does get in the way very often.

History : Josh was born in the Kanto region in the city of Vermillion where from just 3 years old he started watching Lt. Surge and his Pokemon battle challengers thus teaching Josh all the ways to battle foes using only electric type Pokemon. At 9 his parents bought him his own Blitzle after he pleaded with them for a Pokemon for 2 years so that he too could be a trainer. It was at that very moment that he decided he wanted to be a Gym leader. However at 11 he challenged Cerulean's gym, however, he was way too confident in his ability and Blitzle was stuck in a Pokemon center for a week. This caused Josh to be so nervous about battles that he thought he could never battle again. At 13 an elekid attacked him while he was with his Blitzle forcing him to use Blitzle in battle again luckily the elekid enjoyed the surprisingly well fought battle and joined Josh. At 14 he found a rotom being hit with stones by some bullies that wanted him to combine with a lawn mower so he told them to get away. However, he was attacked by them and the rotom realized Josh's caring for Pokemon so he saved him and joined him. Now at age 15 he has just received a letter inviting him to a prestigious Pokemon trainer school.

Pokémon:
Species: Blitzle
Personality : Loyal
Lvl: 23
Moves:
Quick Attack
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock

Species: Elekid
Personality : Bold and daring
Lvl: 6
Moves:
Volt Tackle
Tackle

Species: Rotom
Personality : Very Mischevious
Lvl: 17
Moves:
Thunder Shock
Hex
Thunder Wave

Opening Post : I got up from my nice warm bed this morning as I do every morning by eating a quick bowl of cereal and then clicking on the tv set. However, this morning my Dad called me to the living room in a frantic voice.

"Josh. You have a letter." Dad said oddly neutrally.

I took the white envelope, opened it, and read the letter twice over. It was an invitation to the Pokemon Trainer Academy! I could finally learn to battle and get over my fears! I showed it to my Dad hoping he would let me go and he was thrilled... after I plead with him for about 10 minutes. The next day I climbed into his old car and we drove to the port. My Dad couldn't come with me on the boat because of his job making me go the rest of the way alone. In the large boat was a completely enclosed room with a sign hanging above it welcoming trainers to release their Pokemon and let them play around.

I released my three loyal companions and allowed them to run around the well lit room. My rotom and Elekid went off to play with some balls while my Blitzle looked up at me with a questioning look.

"You're wondering where we are going, aren't you?" I asked him causing him to nod his head down low. "We are going to a new place where we can learn how to fight at last. If we just stick together we will do great I just know it." I said trying to sound reassuringly however not knowing what was going to happen next. At this his other Pokemon came over to me and layed down around him trying to comfort me.

About an hour later we arrived at port and were driven to the school by an old taxi driver. At the front gate I stopped for a moment worried that I may not be ready for this but when I felt my three red and white Pokeballs dangling at my side I realized something that had yet to cross my mind. That this is where my journey starts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this good?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by amerininja; July 18th, 2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: It was too short
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:34 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I'll be back to posting in 8 days
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
@Iceman3317 & Amerininja

Both of your SUs are wayyy too short. Amerininja, You do have an opening post but I still believe its far too short to count for the limit in terms of being accepted. If your going to have an opening post in your SU, you gotta discribe alot more. Their arrival to the academy, and perhaps some more history.

For Amerininja, The history must be 100 words minimum while the Opening post has to be at least 350 words minimum.

For the history alone, it must be 350 words minimum. and your personality needs to be bigger as well. At least 100 words.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 29 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links